Thursday April 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday April 11th

Hope nobody minds a newbie starting off? Day 2 for me. A few who remember me know I've been doing this a while, flirting with 'I can mod' well I can't so time to start again, new af life. Haven't been around the abs board in a while haha, hope to see some old faces, much love

inchy
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Thursday April 11th

MAE ALL...

IC...:welcome: ABOARD! Good on you for starting the thread. I've read some of your posts on the other threads but it'll be nice to get to know you. :goodjob: on day 2.

LTLW...good luck on this your wedding day. You have such a positive attitude these days. Yup, lots of support here. You can add my name to the pm's as well.

CB
    ...glad to see your post last night. I'll be reading the brain chemisty posts when you start asking questions.

Mick
    ...see you said good morning on LTLW's thread yesterday. You'll have to pop back and welcome IC. Hope your Thursday/Sunday adventure is going well.

Feeling great this morning. Applied my own advice and am taking it ODAT as reguards to work stress as well. Wouldn't you know it, I'm up early, feeling energetic and no jokes to read :upset:

Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Good morning Abbers

Welcome to the land of serious non-drinkers IC!
      Hope you have a good plan in place & have made the commitment to kick AL out of your life forever

PQ, glad you are better today!
      I'm sure Mick will be around, at some point with his joke offering for the day.

Cat - 'holy f*ckballs' ? :H :H
      Yes dear, I'm afraid this IS what menopause is all about!!!!
      Your description of your meltdown brought back memories of the ridiculous breakdowns I had too so I really do understand.
      Yes, progesterone will make you feel calmer. As a matter of fact mine is ordered to be taken daily at bedtime as it actually makes some people sleepy.
      Women tend to live their lives as sin-eaters. Taking care of everything & everyone else takes it's toll on us. Menopause is the time when we need to recognize that & make some necessary changes.
      I actually used to wake up thinking I WILL KILL SOMEONE TODAY, doesn't matter who it is I do not miss those days, they scared me. I hope you can see your NP soon & get this sorted out.

I have hungry animals staring at me, a morning's worth of work waiting & then hope to get out for a hair cut.
      Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Quick check in as I have been traveling a lot. Need to read back through the threads.
        Now have 6 months AF under my belt - yesterday was the day!!

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Appears to be two threads going today, I'll post on this one, April 11th.

Started snowing just as I got to work and hasn't let up. Really wet sticky snow that's supposed to continue till Sunday. At least it's not cold out. There's the positive.

TT...CONGRATS ON 6 MONTHS + 1 DAY I remember your first post on this thread and the start of time travel. :H

Hope everyones day is going good....PPQP

Comment

Thursday April 11th

WOOT! WOOT! TreeTops!!!!! A half year's worth of healing is safely tucked under your belt and I guarantee you....it just keeps getting better!. It takes care, of course, but you sure have gotten the swing of that. You are doing great!

Lav...been meaning to pipe up about all you've been going through....You're family is really lucky to have you. We are lucky to have you as well....Rock of the ABBers.....

PPQ...you are such a positive force on this forum...it's a real boost to all of us...not just those who get those extra PPPPPPs when they need them.

Inchy...welcome to this thread....I am another who has followed your story for the last year or so. Getting over the initial withdrawal is truly tough. And scary. BUT it is doable....because, well, a lot of us have done it. Once you're past that, there's the rewiring and repair work that needs to take place...but that's doable, too! Research shows that meditation is exceptionally powerful in terms of remapping the brain and healing anxiety and depression. It's free...not as hard as some think...and it's available anytime...anywhere. I'd be happy to share more with you if you are interested. Just send me a PM. We'll do whatever we can to support you in getting your life back from addiction.

I am getting ready for a fabulous anniversary celebration vacation. Hubby and I now have 27 years and I still like him- most of the time ! We're going on a small river boat cruise on the Danube from Budapest to Bucharest. I am very excited as I have never been to Eastern Europe. But most of all....I'm excited because I may be able to meet our dear SHUE. Some of you who've been around for awhile will remember our darling footwear fiend from over there. It looks like we'll be able to meet somewhere in Romania at some point which will be a blast! My first, f2f with a MWOer! We leave next Tuesday so mama has a bunch of shiz to do!

Hugs to everyone else not so near yet not so far....
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Morning Abbers........Friday here and friends just left so normality returns.

Welcome Inchy ....... I too have followed your journey. Glad you are joining us.

One thing that really helped me was to simply watch the addicted part of me battle. The healthy part of me that wanted to stop had to sit and share my body with the part that was addicted. There really are two 'yous' ATM......remember the sober you is stronger, it just FEARS it is not. The fear is just what drugs do to the brain........once the drug has gone, so has the fear. Hang in there .....it won't be too long. :l

Congrats on your six months TT ! Hope you are enjoying your trip

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Congratulations, TT! Well done! :wave:

Welcome aboard, Inchy! So many of us know just how it feels to realize that moderation is just not going to work.

Hi PPQP! I hope you're having a good day! Enjoy the snow, if that is still possible.

Good to see you Turn! Your trip sounds fabuloso!

Hi Kuya. Welcome back to normality!

Nothing new here. Just looking forward to another wonderful weekend of physical labor and aches and pains.... NOT! LOL It will be over soon, thank goodness.

Hugs,
                :l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday April 11th

OMG...Just got an email from the boss inviting everyone out to lunch tomorrow....

"Nothing special just lunch and a few chuckles. Bring a joke."

Boy is he in for it :H:H:H

Mick...can you repost the Boss joke? It would take me forever to find it. lease:
                  (should have seen how long it took me to find that little guy!)

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Welcome, Inchy! :goodjob: on starting the AF life again. You're among committed, supportive folks here.

Lav, I have to give attributions here. "Holy F*ckballs" is an expression Kathy Griffin uses. She cracks me up. I'm very much a proper lady, so when I use it, it is the equivalent of verbal :bang and ull

You cracked me completely up. Feeling like you were in fact going to take someone out that day? OMG. I have been feeling that way. Just dare to interrupt me again, go ahead, just do it. I'll take your effing head off. Really. I will.

Menopause.....it is amazing marriages survive it. Anyone else want to chime in here?

Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Thursday April 11th

Treetops, CONGRATULATIONS ON SIX MONTHS! You are my six month buddy!

Let's party!

:rockband:

You are such a gift on this thread - always there, sharing, encouraging, staying accountable. Fabulous work!!

Cat
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Thursday April 11th

PS Wander over to the General threads for a shout out for our TT and her six months!

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X