Monday 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 15th

Morning all..hope all is well.Computer still playing up so got to get new cable and start pratting around with that

Tea and coffee on the go .. apologies you had to make your own yesterday Lav

Morning Ltlw...glad you had a good weekend, and well done on the af life

Morning Lav..how are you? Hows grandson?have a great day

Hi Yah..how are you? sounds like you are nearing the end of the house project?Need to let us see all this hard work you have been up to

Morning SF..so finally moved? now comes the settling in time!!think your day off will be busy!!

Hi blondie ..glad you are doing great,hope you have a nice evening now

Hi Kuya, glad your getting back into your routine...

right folks short and sweet, time to go , have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Monday 15th

MAE Abbers! I still exist - now back in Hong Kong airport, sitting in an airport lounge - with lots of complimentary booze on offer but sticking to my Diet Coke and Perrier (not mixed!). Heading out tonight towards New Zealand. Only an 11 hour flight! I see the threads have been a bit quiet so I will have to attend to stirring things up when I am back in the swing of things.
    Watched the movie 'Flight' on my flight from Heathrow to Hong Kong - it was OK but didn't really thrill me (I mean the plot). I don't think it really tackled how the pilot got sober - but I guess thats not the point. Too many movies - just seem to say 'Rehab' or 'AA' and its all plain sailing. As we here know it indeed is not. I also tried to watch the movie 'Smashed' but it bored me. Guess drinking is like that too. Anyway I hope the movie about Tippi Hedren and the making of The Birds is on my flight tonight as I fancy a bit more of Hitchcock.
    Catch you guys later and I will be fast forwarding you in the time zone soon. :H

Comment

Monday 15th

HIDEHI Abbers,

Ahhh the joys of simple life......lovely dull boring routine day here, the most excitement I had was 'real sugar or disgusting stevia' in my coffee........bliss. :H

Smoking quit now feeling firm, easier than before but I suppose that is because I did not leave a big gap.

Isn't it weird that we accept that one cannot moderate smoking yet people with alcohol problems try to moderate alcohol ????? Since all addictions are a downward spiral this would appear to be nonsensical......once you have a problem isn't abstinence the only answer ( apart from food ! )

Enough of my ramblings.......autumn is truly here and it is raining hard, love the sound on the roof. Daylight savings have ended so the day feels so much shorter, just gonna hibernate for winter and firm up my smoking quit and eat well and get fitter. Started back at the gym tonight.....felt good

Comment

Monday 15th

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, hope your get your computer problems straightened out soon.
        I actually did not see my grandsons this weekend but I hear the youngest decided to get up & do some walking all on his own. Nice

Kuya, I think that's the big secret to keeping our quits - can't have even one Nope, no way!!!
        Enjoy your falll days, they actually are my favorite.

TT, I hope you get home safely!
        I've never been quite that far away from home, amazing how we get around these days

OK, off to get my busy day started.
        Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Monday.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Monday 15th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Didn't you just get a new cable for the computer? Mines decided it has a mind of its' own, been fighting with it all weekend.

TT...good to see you check in. Bet you're glad to be at least heading homeward.

KY
          ...back to routine for you. Yup the simple life is the way to go.

Lav
          ...break from the g/kids this weekend eh? Take advantage 'cause I don't think that'll last.

Got down for a great visit with my Dad on Saturday before the snow started. And it's still snowing! Supposed to end this afternoon and hopefully we'll turn the corner to Spring.

Second cuppa before I go down and dig out my car. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

Monday 15th

I cannot believe you are still getting snow in Alberta!!
            Good grief!
            I really don't have much to say just checking in- off to sleep soon.
            I was thinking today I mustn't get over confident just because things are going well. Will keep that one day at a time mentality - makes things feel manageable. Best to all...
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

Monday 15th

:hiya: LTLW...

Yup, a little more snow tonight and then we should be good till the May long weekend. :H

Office is complete, just need my furniture and phone now.

That's a good plan...over confident/complacency has tripped me up before. ODAT all the way.

Hope you have a good nights sleep....PPQP

Comment

Monday 15th

Comment

Monday 15th

:H PQ!
                  I'm sorry about your snow situation. It's not funny, I know I'd be pretty pissed off.
                  I hope it all melts quickly for you
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Monday 15th

Calling for RAIN on Friday....that aught to do it! :H

Comment

Working...
                    X