Betty's story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty's story

Hi All, I've been here for 5 months now and finally have my life back, I've decided now to share my story, I just posted this in the subscriber section but wanted to share it here as well ....

We were talking about vodka!!!!

The night that was the worst for me was ironically the night that I bought vodka home!!!!

It does get worse though! We used to go to france twice a year and fill our cellar with wine because its approx ?1 a bottle for what costs ?5 here, and we get free diesel and a HUGE truck with our job.....

I'd been getting up in the night for a long time and drinking a second bottle by myself and putting the empty bottle back in the box ......then disposing of them when hubby was at work, he never fetched the bottles up so he didn't realise how quick they were going down .....

Pretty soon I was sneaking a third bottle and on the day that Kerrie's brain surgery was cancelled at the last minute I started drinking at 6am, as soon as hubby had gone to work.....

Soon started sneaking home form work (work with my parents) to keep topping up ....

The day that it all came to a head was when I had been drinking all day, went along to my second job as a slimming consultant (in a pub) drank two more bottles there (told my members I had migraine) drove home terribly drunk, and picked up a bottle of vodka on the way home ...

Told hubby that I didn't want any wine tonight as I was being good.... and went to bed with the vodka, he knew obviously, and when I wet the bed unconcious it was the final straw....

It wasn't easy back then and I had slips, but it really is worth all the hard work ......

Thanks to everyone here, I couldn't have done it without you ..

Love you all very much xx

Betty's story

Comment

Betty's story

:l
      as always...

Comment

Betty's story

Hi Betty...wow you have come so far!!!

I cant say I have been in the same situation and my reason at present for not drinking is because the habit had become too frequent to feel comfortable...Drinking almost daily 2- 3 glasses of wine and a bottle full when i went out with friends or at weekends at home with hubby.

That may not sound like a lot to some people..but me me i knew i had become dependent. I hated bumping into people when out if i was "slurring" .when I wentout with a friend we would have 3 large wines and i would go home "tiddly" and some times "niggly" and cause an argument with hubby...poor man would be rreading or watching Tv and i would go on and on and on.................

I have never been to a GP about my drinking, neither have I read the book or needed the supplements..BUT what is clear to me is I need to have break from alcohol before deciding if I can moderate(by some people's standards this might already be seen as moderating?)..the amount and frequency are one issue the other is "the looking forward to a drink mentalilty" i had developed.

dont know where i am going with all this but had 42 days AF now and feel i can reflect and decide dont want to go back to drinking for a hobby.

I never "pee,d the bed"but did pee in my back garden once when I couldnt get to loo quick enough after walking home from the pub!!Age comes into this I think as generally and even now I,m not drinking I am always in the loo!!

Thank you so much for sharing such personal stuff...please be assured it will help so many people on this site and maybe in particular people who cant bear to discuss their own journey will alcohol yet.

My Dad used to pee the bed when drunk...he certainly got through a few mattresses in his time...but worse still I remeber when he was 52 just before my parents marriage broke down because of hsi boozing..i recall playing out and he came staggering by with poo runnning down his legs..the after math of too much beer..He never drank spirits but the volume of pints caused hin to poo and wet himself...wow how degrading.

He died years ago...having quit the drink in the fina l year of his life.. he lived till he was 75(but was inan awful state, demented from alcohol abuse..poor man)

Well Betty ..thankyou for your amazing honesty and sharing how degrading things can become if and when the booze takes over.

i wish you well...good Luck and a big thank you formyour honesty!!

Regards Cassy

Comment

Betty's story

Betty....I am proud of you for sharing your story. It just shows how far you have come, doesn't it! you should be cheering from the hill-tops! Lots of love, Bella xxx

Comment

Betty's story

Oh Booplet!!! Thanks for your story my favourite Busty Belle....
            Gosh...doesn't reading it make you realise just how WELL you're doin' now Missus:h:
            i've been through a few mattresses myself...DISGUSTED afterwards...but kept on drinking, also hit people I love, and said the most crushing, spiteful, downright damn nasty things when I've been drunk...and put myself in very dangerous situations....Crikes it's good to be able to say that it's in the past.....

You must be soooo proud of yourself my love.......huggy hugs....and MUCH back slapping..
            Keep that happy mind, and healthy body...it sure looks good in your avatar:H:

Keep going Bets...
            Weecheeringandwhistlingmelon
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks Betty and Wee Melon, hope you both know what your sharing means to me right now.

Lorna
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Betty's story

Betty, thank you for sharing. I am so glad you were able to do what you have done. That is awesome
                Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Betty's story

((((Betty))))

Thank you for sharing. So proud of you for 5 months here! Keep up the great work and inspiring so many others here.

Journey

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks for sharing that Betty, even for those of us around for awhile we need to be reminded of how we got here
                    You are doing so great! Hugs.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks all for your lovely replies, I do feel really proud of myself if i'm allowed to say that!!!! It took a lot of courage to post that as I am really ashamed of my past, but thats just what it is, the past .... Here's to the future ....

Love you all xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Betty's story

You should be pround of yourself!
                        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Betty's story

BB, you are what you are NOW. I am not yet ready to tell my story so power to you for doing that and much respect.

Lorna xx
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Betty's story

Betty, I admire your courage. It is a hard fought battle but so worth it.
                            Love Ya
                            Mar

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks Betty

Betty,
                              Thanks for your post. That sneaking drinking is what kills me. Those days are over for me too!
                              Thanks for sharing and looking forward to getting to know you and everyone better.
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X