af day Thursday 18 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thursday 18 April

MAE - awakened already to a new wonderful day - feeling still down, but hey there is no hangover or regret or bloatedness as in the old days when AL ws a travel companion. I have tiredness, jet lag, a biochemical thing I have for sure. Its not too bad just weary and gives me very sore eyes and a sore head. And I did have a great trip and really enjoyed days of AF fun with my family and friends in the UK. Hells teeth, I sat through over 3 hours of Shakespeare and then some more! And my UK people were all really cool about me being sober - they didn't go on about it, didn't tempt me and we had laughter (and a few tears) in heaps. So Lav, that's surely something for my gratitude list. Plus the new clothes - yum, yum !!!!

Thanks Guys for the feedback and soon I will be here cheering on the team here. In fact I feel more chirpy already (or is it the 2 cups of tea I have had - you guys better have some or some coffee) :yougo:
    I knew many of you had been through the same feelings of not feeling appreciated and in the past drowning your sorrows - ay, Kuya, PPQP. Roz, Lav, YaH and others
    YaH, hope the decorating/building works out. Did you douse the pants-fire? I could smell them from here in NZ!!
    LLTW - how are the tulips? Yes, longer days in the Netherlands coming up. There will be new routines for you - with those twilight evenings. At least I found that for me when I went AF. At first, not so easy to just sit around sober when others are relaxing and drinking in the long evenings. That will pass and I am sure there are lots of other things to do. Do you like walking - I recall very long walks in the evenings in Europe - really pleasant.
    Det - he lives! Welcome back!
    Where is Mick - is it his computer?
    Kuya - are you still running your Vet business? I seem to have lost a thread (literally) here.

Thats it folks - offski to the day ahead and to wake up the ones I love who take me for granted!!!:h But surely in a way thats what we can expect in a family - we should be able to assume that we are needed and loved - and not have to stop every 2 minutes for an affirmation. At least thats the maturity I read in what Lav and others posted.
    Have a super kick-it-to-them Thursday :eeks:

af day Thursday 18 April

TT: glad you woke up feeling a bit better- it does take a while though. And we are already taking early evening walks... just came back. It is already 8:30 and still very light out. It was like this in Paris as well. The flowers are coming up all over the place and it is lovely. I actually had a very nice day today. And I appreciate the long evenings far more than the early darkness of the fall. Gosh, that was kind of horrible. I couldn't get up in the morning to save my life! So, I am not complaining about the light (yet).

Gonna go read! Best to everyone on your journeys....
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

I am taking it one box at a time....exhausting! Open one and go...."Oh shit where do I put this".....the trash

Porq....making sure the cable is working is a a big job....so far so good....but, I think I may need another round of it. For some reason loving Duck Dynasty....I think because it is silly and more importantly.....there is no drinking going on. I have seem to become drawn to ice tea.

YAH....I will never, ever buy a rental again. One worked out great.....the other sucked the life out of us (that sucked us dry on the one that worked good). Now TODAY..Funny.....because we told our renter we were moving "most of our stuff" out by the 15th even though we are paid up to the 30th. She went ahead and scheduled the painter to come in on the 16th! We are not moved out and we haven't cleaned yet. So hubby walks in on the 16th and finds the painter with the air conditioning blasting with all the windows open....we are still responsible for electric bill until the 30th! She has scheduled the new carpet to be put in on the 20th....and I am a bit pissed. She has people coming to see the house on the 21st....and its still a mess....but we still have 9 days to get it done. We told her if she took over the utilities and pro-rated us on the rent we would make sure we out.....she refuses. I have no motivation to work with her.

Catbuddy....your message reminds me of Dave Ramsey.....the snowball effect. It works! I keep finding other ways to save $$. Most here follow his plan....and I don't see people in debt like I did my last city. We live on this old fashioned thing called....cash....and it is so harder to part with than sliding even a debit card.

TT....I learned a long time ago....to expect nothing from other people. Especially at work. As my boss was pointing out stupid things....I pointed out that I was at 90% of my yearly budget. He has not said a word to me since

Well....off to emty another box....or check the cable

All flags are half staff....due to Boston.

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Good morning Abbers!

Drinking coffee & fighting my way through some bodacious allergy symptoms :H
        Happy Spring!!!

TT, are you taking any melatonin? Isn't that supposed to help reset you body clock to help relieve jet lag?? I think I read something about that recently. I was just talking about learning to be our own best friends on another thread. I think it's vital to our sanity in the long run

LTLW, I remember being in Paris during the first week of June (many years ago) & couldn't believe how long the daylight lasted
        Make the best of it & get out walking!

SF, it's been many decades since I've had to deal with a landlord. Sorry you have to go through all that right now. It will be over soon though, huh? I hope you love your new place

Greetings to everyone else & wishes for a good AF Thursday. A busy day ahead for me, no time to get into trouble :H

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

MAE Abbers......another late check in.....busy day and paperwork all evening.

Lav I use melatonin routinely....it is so helpful to switch off.....but I have to order it from the US....NZ is a bit of a nanny state and I have problems getting many supplements here.

TT if you can find it .... Use it. I still have the practice limping along. I am a bit like a rabbit in the headlights, sell or sit it out? I don't know.

Hi SF....good to see you. Make sure you rest. Moving is so tiring and emotional as well as exciting.

Greetings to all, have a great day

KY

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

well im back on my "home thread" i tried dabbling in the mods for a bit,isnt gonna work for me,plus i love this thread,just got back from san diego and l.a,amazing how tiny las vegas feels now,i love it! people think its sin city,but really i seen sooo many bars in cali,more weirdos,and big billboards for booze right off the freeway in the middle of nowhere,that was weird,you guys have a great day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Hi there - thanks for the Melatonin suggestion. I used to take it years ago but then I used to take a bunch of stuff to help me sleep. In the end I don't think much of it helped at all - and these days I am loathe to overload my liver. In fact a few months ago I threw out bottles of melatonin that ws years past its used-by-date. I might consider trying melatonin again in the future...
              Actually I don't feel jet-lagged - but more disturbed from lack of deep sleep - this began before I got on the plane. And then being woken up after a few hours while in the midst of a sleep threw me out. Then coming back to work stress (from one person) that makes it hard for me to tune out and relax. Yesterday was awful at work - and I confess I felt tempted to drink later to block out the crap. But I talked myself out of it and distracted myself.
              Will be OK - have to be! Thanks for the support guys.

Pauly - I think you have to decide what you want to do and stay focused. Its really tough but if you are serious about being AF - it takes a lot of work. Keep us posted.

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Mae, everyone. I'm posting early today.

Sleep....I have found that magnesium at night works best. The deepest, uninterrupted sleep. I also use Calme Forte and Melatonin sometimes, but I have lingering weariness with both. Per Kuya's suggestion, I bought a mixed mineral supplement, so it's magnesium, calcium, vitamin d, and something else. That is where I'm going to settle.

My emotions are absolutely a product of hormones. This week I am back to normal. So I've got to find a really good adviser for this time of life, and will begin that search. As some of you have shared, normalcy post menopause will be a gift. It scares me how much these emotional swings coincide with AL cravings - they have returned to plague me even though I won't respond. I hope that over more time they will truly fade.

I'm working on being my own best friend, and on how to change the simple things that cause me stress and/or poor health. It is AMAZING to me how much braver I feel now that there is no escape. Also, having tackled some recent backlog, the peace I feel is profound. I'm going to go around my life and put out the slow burning fires that have persisted due to my neglect.

Till later, :l
                Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

MAE ALL...

Late, late, late check in for me. Still at the office, filling in for someone out sick. Also have an evening meeting so thought I'd check in now in case I'm too pooped tonight.

TT...thanks for kicking us off. You are sounding a bit better today, tea must have done the trick. All it takes is one to make things shitty eh? Melatonin might be the answer for now. Good job on the talk.

LTLW...I'm glad you had a nice day. Take advantage of those long light nights as they will be gone all too soon.

SF...yup it may need a couple of rounds to make sure all the kinks are out of the cable. :H One box at a time...love it! Remember to take some me time or more cable time!

Lav...well at least they're just allergies. Ugh! I've been very lucky in that department. I still take melatonin when I can't seem to turn off the thoughts. I also use a herbal insomnia when needed. Hope you took some time for yourself today.

KY...that was a bit of fun yesterday. I needed a couple of laughs. Don't work too hard.

Pauly...so you think you're home to stay this time? Hope so. It realy is hard but once you make up your mind you can spend your energy on your plan. We'll help you.

CB...good luck with finding an advisor. Things were pretty easy for me. Other than the hot flashes and night sweats, which didn't last that long, I didn't suffer with a lot of the other symptoms. As for the paleo, a couple of friends of mine, who are also recovering alcoholics, have been talking about it. I told them all about Det and said I'd ask his advice. I thinking a change in the diet will help me with feeling sluggish all the time. Mind you, just walking around the block once a night might do the trick as well. I have very poor eating habits and starting a new adventure might be just what I need right now.

Drat, the phones ringing. Will sign off and see you tomorrow....PPQP

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Just quick check in.....I am surrounded by boxes and I can't get up!

Lav.....I am loving the new place and location. People in this area are much more health oriented. Hope it rubs off

Kuya....I am worn out. I did take two days off work to move...but, moving should be in the category of maternity leave. I plan to rest up as much as I can over the weekend. But there is so much work to be done. Not looking forward to work tomorrow.....but, I booked a fake appointment so I can sleep in.

Porq....now there are too many boxes in front of the TV....to be checking the cable. First job....move the boxes!

I bet the whole board will be happy once I am settled.

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

TheSunFlower;1494176 wrote: Just quick check in.....I am surrounded by boxes and I can't get up!
                      There's help for that SF...Hoarders Anonymous :H Who put the boxes in front of the TV in the first place!

We'll be happy that you are happily settled and then we'll be waiting for the "True Housewives of ???" adventure to start.

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Porq.....I would love Horders to come to my house! My hubby and kids need help!

The boxes got put in front of the TV....because we ran our of room......they are the first to upacked!

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

At least you have your priorities in order...:H

Comment

af day Thursday 18 April

Welcome back Pauly....moderating must be such hard work.....I'm an all or nothing girl.

PPQ I live in a single storey house and dine alone ATM :H:H

Comment

Working...
                            X