Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 19 April

MAE all on a Fab Friday!
    Just a quick check-in to say I am feeling better, thanks!
    I have a ton of things to do before I fade - and before long it will be Saturday here - so I will leave it to all you other lovely people to continue the thread.
    SF - the move sounds exhausting!
    PPQP - hope you get some rest this weekend. Any other plans?
    Kuya - just don't be the squashed rabbit! Too many in NZ as you know. Its getting really cold here.
    LTLW - and it must be warming up ever so slightly for you. I recall when you first posted how depressed you were about the dark and cold.
    CB - hope you get appropriate help with the menopause. I think my drinking escalated during MP - I didn't have hot flushes however. Beware of HRT - a close friend took this and ended up with fibroids and abnormal bleeding - at the age of 59. Drs think the estrogen build-up caused it.
    I stupidly trawled the threads a bit last night on MWO and caught up on the Hippyman fiasco. Well I read about what others wrote. Seems there is a whole lotta other stuff going on with some people in their use of MWO - thats internet groups I guess. At least we are not a dating site!
    Allergies and Spring - how's it going Lavande? My sister is a farmer and she gets awful hayfever - but as she says it goes with the job. I learned years ago never to give her 'smellies' (scented products).
    Where oh where is Mick by the way??

OK - must away and nighty-nite down here!

af day Friday 19 April

Good morning Abbers!

It's a dark morning here, a rain day for sure. My tulips are up & open though, it's nice to see them

TT, my allergies are having a real field day this week, no way around it either! I'll live - at least I hope so :H

Incredible developments coming out of Boston this morning! One down & one to go!!!
    I hope they get their guy soon & the violence ends.

Cat, I was only 42 when I was diagnosed as being in menopause. I already had the fibroids & heavy bleeding going on too. Starting on the HRT helped control all that.
    My apologies to those offended by TMI :H :H
    I know how rotten you feel, believe me. Get whatever help you can :l

OK, more coffee then off I go for the day!
    Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Friday.

Lav
    47 smoke free months today - yay
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Glad you're feeling better. You sound as busy as me these days. The meeting last night was ok, but I do question the commitment of some of the group. Push is going to get to shove as we're planning on building May 11th so I'll just hope everyone wants this to happen as much as I do.

Lav...wow, 47 months Smoke Free. Way to go. Having tried to give up the cancer sticks myself I take my hat off to those who have succeeded. Looks like the forecasted rain is headed our way today as well.

No rest for the wicked as I have an Advisory Committee meeting on Saturday, after my Dad visit of course. At least they'll feed me. The plan is to have a do nothing day Sunday but don't tell anyone, they may jinx it.

eeky: MICK...come out, come out, wherever you are! eeky: Are we going to have to start PM'ing you? I'm starting to get a little worried now.

Another quick coffee then off to start the day. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

MAE.....

My daughter is on holiday and we went out for a late night drive and chat. These simple things make being sober so rewarding.

Congrats Lav on 47 months.....I can't wait to get a few months under my belt......I have to say the kudzu helps a lot and I will be SOOO careful this time.

TT the Hippy thing is sad really, but as you say it is the Internet or maybe it is just the interaction of people. My clients disclose things to me that one would find hard to believe when meeting them......my openness with them encourages the same. People are complex and at the same time quite simple with the exact same drives just expressed in ways that look superficially different.

I hear ya on fibroids Lav ! :H They are a major problem in those of African descent and can weigh several kilos.

I am planning a quiet weekend..... Hope that everyone has a peaceful and safe one

Laters.....KY

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

Hi PPQ ..... Cross post

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

hey guys,well i finally went to my hubs chiropractor yesterday he took x-rays and my heads screwed on straight but my neck isnt,its shaped like a c to the left! all this time i thought i was just going nuts with all the base of the skull headaches and vertigo,its a relief to see there really is something going on physically,ill be going back weekly so he can hopefully straighten me out,you guys all have a great friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

paulywogg;1494317 wrote: hey guys,well i finally went to my hubs chiropractor yesterday he took x-rays and my heads screwed on straight but my neck isnt,its shaped like a c to the left! all this time i thought i was just going nuts with all the base of the skull headaches and vertigo,its a relief to see there really is something going on physically,ill be going back weekly so he can hopefully straighten me out,you guys all have a great friday
              Try and find a cranial osteopath Pauly.....gentler and will rebalance your entire spine. Were you ever injured ?

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

hi kuya,no i was never injured that i remember,he asked the same thing but said maybe it was sometime in my childhood,he wonders how ive funtioned all this time in my head i was thinking"lots of alcohol"funny how we really do take horrible care of our bodies when in that messy state
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

pauly, please do be careful & find someone with a good reputation to manipulate your neck & spine. The thought of that stuff scares me half to death.

kuya, the good news about the fibroids is that they actually shrunk when I had them rechecked. I actually thought I was going to bleed to death for a few years. Grateful all that crap is over

Waiting for big storms to blow through, even a possible tornado - uh oh!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

paulywogg;1494333 wrote: hi kuya,no i was never injured that i remember,he asked the same thing but said maybe it was sometime in my childhood,he wonders how ive funtioned all this time in my head i was thinking"lots of alcohol"funny how we really do take horrible care of our bodies when in that messy state
                    You might find that this neck has a lot to do with moods. When the spine, and particularly the neck, is distorted it affects the flow of cerebrospinal fluids. As Lav says be careful and gentle with treatment, also add in massage. After years of sitting wrong your muscles have adapted to an incorrect posture.

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

Lavande;1494508 wrote: pauly, please do be careful & find someone with a good reputation to manipulate your neck & spine. The thought of that stuff scares me half to death.

kuya, the good news about the fibroids is that they actually shrunk when I had them rechecked. I actually thought I was going to bleed to death for a few years. Grateful all that crap is over

Waiting for big storms to blow through, even a possible tornado - uh oh!!
                      My fibroid settled down too.....praise be for menopause!

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

Just a hi to everyone!

Have a restful weekend, Kuya!

Glad that things are looking better for you LTLW!

Don't blow away, Lav! The worst has just gone by here. Oh, and 47 months, Lav? Great! In another month, you will also have 4 years! Absolutely stellar!

When are you going to check in Mick? I'm missing you too!

Take care of yourself, Pauly. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Back up to PA tomorrow, but just for the day. I should only have to go up once or twice after that, and not for any hard labor. That is a wonderful thing to think about! Anyway, I'm off to stain a tiny piece of flooring. I have the feeling that I will be in bed very soon. Zzzzzzz. :bedtime:

:l
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Friday 19 April

Aloha Friday peeeeeps near and far!

Treetops, glad your feeling goodish

Lav, you're not alone with the allergies. it seems to be a bad season so far for that.

BHOG hows the university study coming along?

ciao for now... be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X