af day Saturday 20 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 20 April

Morning from the deep dark South! Not quite Antarctica yet and still to achieve the special potency of a British spring. Fortunately we do get great clear blue skies in winter and that helps sanity a bit.
    A small but sober group so far on the Friday thread. Cranial goings-on with Pauly and fibroids under discussion. Yep, I had them too - big painful ones - but getting pregnant at 41 destroyed the monsters. But we can see that bodies and esp female bodies are both similar and different - so CB, as Lav says, whatever works (and I stress, is safe). And let's not forget our common health threat through all of this - you know what. I mean AL of course but its also fags for many of you folk as well.
    Hope the meeting goes OK PPQP (you sure have a lot of meetings in and out of work!).
    I have asked lots of times about Mick - summat's up. Can someone send out the search party please?
    School hols here in NZ - for two weeks - not too big a deal for me as I see my girl everyday except when I am off swanning elsewhere. She will get bored no doubt and I can't suggest activities in the same way as when she was a kiddie. I hear you Kuya about appreciating our teenagers as sober Mums. However I have to remind myself that just because I am sober - I should not expect perfection and that she has her own issues that I can't solve - sober or drunk. Sober is much better of course and she loves me that way but we are still ratbags at times!!! :eeks:

Our kitchen is finally supposed to be getting done week after next - but I will see that when the pigs start flying - hope I have not offended any alcoholic tradespersons on MWO - but at least here in NZ there is a tendency to be vague about starting times. And to try to pull wool over middle class Mums who they think know diddly-squat about buildings etc.
    So today I hope i have totally confused you with my dreadful mixed metaphors - imagine if you had to endure an alcohol-fuelled conversation with me in this vein! ::sigh:

Forgot to say hi to our Northern Caribbean Soberite - hows it going LTLW?

Must away and tackle an avocado that is waiting to be devoured for breakfast - yes, on Vogel's toast (thats an oldie we discussed on this thread). And listen to the news to see what has transpired in Boston - and Texas. Its the London marathon this weekend so I hope all is safe there. I have a friend from NZ running in it.

af day Saturday 20 April

Morning Treetops, and greetings FabAbber's near and never so far,

Avocado and vegemite on toast is one of my fave's TT.

Autumn here and getting cooler, but the sun is out this Saturday morning in Melbourne town, and i'll take that.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

TT......worry not, Mick has got lots on and things to sort out.

You are right about our daughters..... Mine has exploding ovaries ( her words ! :H) and is trying hard to negotiate the passage to womanhood with regard to boys. I am so glad we can talk these things through.....I never had that with my own mother who simply competed with me on all levels Sad.

Hi Mr G ...... Good to see ya

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

Quick check in as I have boxes and boxes of stuff to go through. Although I may be down for the night. Which is still Friday here

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

I made my own coffee, not bad
          Still cloudy after a big night of rain, hope my chickens didn't float away :H

Good news from Boston on the capture of the young bombing suspect. I can't wait to hear what his motivation was for unleashing such hell.

Greetings TT, Kuya, Mr G, SF & everyone!
          Hope you all have a great AF Saturday.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

Morning! Good day to all. It is wonderful news about the capture. Many sighs of relief coming from my Boston buddies especially those who ran. Three I knew escaped without a scratch. Loads to do today. beep beep vroom!
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

happy saturday everyone,i have to head back to work after a week off,im dreading it couldve thrown the clock out the window this morn! anyways have a good one
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Since there wasn't any coffee I didn't stick around. :H
                Hope you were able to finish your Vogel toast before the avocado turned brown. Look what I saw today....

Gman...good to see you. I like the idea of a magical weekend. Supposed to be spring here but drove home in snow today.

KY...just got one thing to say....am I ever glad I had two boys!

SF
                ...hope you started with those boxes in front of the TV!

Lav...
                I should have stuck around awhile if you were making coffee. It was great to see an end to the man hunt in Boston. I loved the way they celebrated the capture.

Nurdl
                ...watch out for radar. Great to see posting back here again.

Pauly
                ...hope work wasn't too rough for you. Yup it is tough getting back into it after time off.

Rushed morning, down to see my Dad, excellent visit but short as I had to chair a meeting at work later this morning. Meeting went well, best part being the pizza for lunch.
                Home now and going to hibernate. According to Microsoft Spring 2013 is still loading!!

Will be able to check in again later so in the meantime have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

Porq....lots of TV time today....Lifetime Movies

Comment

af day Saturday 20 April

happy AF Saturday ABenators!

a lovely sunny day at the shooting range with friends, now home with Dx watching movies. Tomorrow I pack up and depart to Cali for another trade show. must be strong.

good to see all yer shiny happy faces

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X