Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunken Girl

drunken girl's story

I thought about this the other night, maybe a month ago. "holly sss... I have been drinking heavily and adjusting my lifestyle around my drinking since I was about 24".
    going to parties and getting completely drunk and having a blast, waking up the next day hungover and thinking, where is the next party and if I can't find one, i'll have a solo one.

I don't do early mornings because I love to stay up till 2am drinking with my boyfriend or going to the local dive. I don't have kids and my boyfriend is also a boozer. I like being high, really high on wine. I make jokes about it and my drunken friends laugh with me.

Sometimes I skip on meals because I don't want to spoil my buzz.
    everything I have been doing for the past 15 years has included large amounts of alcohol.
    all my lovers in the past 15 years have been drinkers. I surround myself with drunks. I love music about drinking and being drunk.
    sometimes I drink in the afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays.
    I drink like an old spanish sailor. I have very high tolerance to booze. I can throw back a whole bottle of wine and be nice and drunk and also fun to be around. then throw back ciders and maybe even a shot. (yeah am also 5'-3"). My favorite is wine but I just about drink anything err except for lighter fluid.

I have never tried to quit because I don't fit into the category of the drunk who blacks out and wakes up in jail or in a strangers bed or who's life is falling apart.
    I am a lot of fun when i'm drunk and people find me amusing. I flirt I dance I stay up till the wee hours of the morning partying. I also have no qualms about getting a couple bottles and drinking by myself, or going to bars alone, I especially love dives, really grungy dives.
    Some times I get absolutely spinning drunk and make sure that I announce to the crowd that I am officially drunk
    I am a seasoned drunk and I love my wine. Just like a a lot of blues songs say.

In the last few months I started thinking, I like wine and I enjoy having fun, but if I keep this up, things are going to get ugly. I have crazy mood swings and I know it's the booze. I know the mood swings are my body telling me to cut heavily on the drink.

If I go to AA they are going to tell me to come back when I hit bottom, and that, I do not want to do. I just want to take control of this thing before it gets out of hand, and I know it will because I can't seem to stop . I am trying right now, and one part of my brain is saying, " go get some wine drunken girl it's Saturday".
    I am having a strong craving that am trying to control. ha! and I thought I was the amazing drunken girl who is in control of her drinking.
    That's why am here, to learn to slow down and use this energy creatively I know I can channel it positively. but it's hard, and I feel like I need support to slow down this crazy party.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Drunken Girl

Hi Trixie,

Your story is like so many of ours here. It feels good, but it feels bad, right? Boy, oh boy, do I wish there was a magic bullet that just made it all go away. Well, I'm glad you are here. You will relate to alot of our stories. Just keep coming and some days, you will decide not to drink. Maybe more days than not. That's the way to start. Glad you are here.

Journey

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hello Trixie.

You can find support here for whatever route you want to take. Some go the abstinence route, and some go for the moderation. I think its a really good place if you aren't interested in AA. It's helped myself and so many others on here.

:welcome:
      where does this go?

Comment

Drunken Girl

Sorry I am new at this and seem to have posted twice. oops. I am not at a bar right now and there is no booze in the house. will stay strong tonight
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Drunken Girl

Welcome Trixie!

I strongly urge to read the book if you have not already done so. This is an awesome & diverse group with so much knowledge & support. Glad you found us.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X