Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunken Girl

drunken girl's story

I thought about this the other night, maybe a month ago. "holly sss... I have been drinking heavily and adjusting my lifestyle around my drinking since I was about 24".
    going to parties and getting completely drunk and having a blast, waking up the next day hungover and thinking, where is the next party and if I can't find one, i'll have a solo one.

I don't do early mornings because I love to stay up till 2am drinking with my boyfriend or going to the local dive. I don't have kids and my boyfriend is also a boozer. I like being high, really high on wine. I make jokes about it and my drunken friends laugh with me.

Sometimes I skip on meals because I don't want to spoil my buzz.
    everything I have been doing for the past 15 years has included large amounts of alcohol.
    all my lovers in the past 15 years have been drinkers. I surround myself with drunks. I love music about drinking and being drunk.
    sometimes I drink in the afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays. I always tell my friends
    I drink like an old spanish sailor. I have very high tolerance to booze. I can throw back a whole bottle of wine and be nice and drunk and also fun to be around. then throw back ciders and maybe even a shot. (yeah am also 5'-3"). My favorite is wine but I just about drink anything err except for lighter fluid.

I have never tried to quit because I don't fit into the category of the drunk who blacks out and wakes up in jail or in a strangers bed or who's life is falling apart.
    I am a lot of fun when i'm drunk and people find me amusing. I flirt I dance I stay up till the wee hours of the morning partying. I also have no qualms about getting a couple bottles and drinking by myself, or going to bars alone, I especially love dives, really grungy dives.
    Some times I get absolutely spinning drunk and make sure that I announce to the crowd that I am officially drunk
    I am a seasoned drunk and I love my wine. Just like a a lot of blues songs say.

In the last few months I started thinking, I like wine and I enjoy having fun, but if I keep this up, things are going to get ugly. I have crazy mood swings and I know it's the booze. I know the mood swings are my body telling me to cut heavily on the drink.

If I go to AA they are going to tell me to come back when I hit bottom, and that, I do not want to do. I just want to take control of this thing before it gets out of hand, and I know it will because I can't seem to stop . I am trying right now, and one part of my brain is saying, " go get some wine drunken girl it's Saturday".
    I am having a strong craving that am trying to control. ha! and I thought I was the amazing drunken girl who is in control of her drinking.
    That's why am here, to learn to slow down and use this energy creatively I know I can channel it positively. but it's hard, and I feel like I need support to slow down this crazy party.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Drunken Girl

hello trixietrack. Well if you want to slow down or stop, you have come to the right place for support. Lots of people here can moderate and some abstain. Its a hard journey to keep on track but def. worth it. If i were you, i would read the posts and you will get an idea of whether its good for you to stay awaile. All the best to you. Bella x

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hi TrixieTrack,
      Welcome to MWO and well done for thinking about your drinking before you hit bottom. Even if you don't want to stop or even cut down at the momment you can help reduce the damage you are doing firstly by eating and secondly by taking supplements notably the B vits as they are destroyed by alcohol and have a massive effect on mood. Taking them will help even whilst you are still drinking and give you chance to think.
      The MWO shop is here MWO shop but you can get B vits in all health food shops.
      Good luck
      Suz
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Drunken Girl

hi trixietrack hope things are going to plan , im new to this site to but your story sounds all to familiar ,ihave always enjoyed drinking and still do except i cant control it ,i have never been arrested or or woke up in strange places , i have reached the stage where drink is seriously effecting my health and i have to either stop or at the very least cut it out for a while , i have gone to aa on and off for the last ten years but i just never found it was for me (maybe i was just making excuses because i didnt want to stop drinking) ,i felt i hadnt reached rock bottom , even though i had to declare myself bankrupt ,lost my home ,job and have medical problem caused by drink i still dont think i need aa , i posted yesterday for the first time on this site that i was going to aa and i am desperate which is true but today after not drinking last night my head is starting to clear i realise i just need to get it under control , i truthfully want to be able to enjoy a drink with my friends at the weekend but its the drinking on my own during the week that wrecks me , im hopeing that this site will help me get it under control as i need to do something .sorry if i havent made sense , sometimes i go off on one , big mo

Comment

Drunken Girl

Trixie, order the book. You can download it and print it instantly. If you really want a change you have to make some decisions, they wont be easy but with support and desire you can accomplish them.

After reading the book, (its short) try and follow the program of moderation, that way you dont have to quit drinking, just get control over it

While trying all of this, you might want to find a new crowd to run with, it will make things easier on you while you try and get control of your drinking.

Read a lot on this site of others like yourself, you will find people in very similar situations.

Good luck and God bless
          Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hi Trixie..like you i havent AS YET had health problems. never lost a job or done rehab etc...not smug though as clealry i have developed a dependence on the wine.

i used to party hard and surrounded myself with friends that drank and my dates were always chaps that drank.
            Believe me it catches us all up..hence the hundeds of people using this sight younf and old.

good on you for trying to get a hold on the addiction/ dependence..whatever you prefer to know it as.

Maybe life would be just as good with some moderation? or alcohol free days...the scary part for many of us is when we tried to go alcohol free for a while we realised we had actually lost control ALREADY.

Hope you continue to have fun,,but it sounds like the warning bells are ringing....so Good Luck with whatever plan you chose...maybe today is the first day of alcohol free for a long time...?????

i have never seen a drunk that looked cool yet..myself included.......its not a great look to be out of control, disinhibited and if we are honest we know it looks awful. I remeber one guy saying to me the most disgusting sight is " a drunken woman"...i knew he was right so instead of avoiding the plonk i avoided him...shame he was rather cute!!

Good luck Regards Cassy

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hi Trixie, welcome. Hope you are reading and learning as I have/do. You sound like you are questioning yourself, a warning sign all on it's own, we ALL think we are witty, charming, good company while pissed, you are not alone in that. I hope you stick around and look at the advice, stories, humour and realness of the folks here. Look forward to getting to know you.

Lorna xx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hi Trixie and Big Mo
                Yes I agree with everything that has been said. Order the book and read it. I encourage you to keep posting and getting the support of all the members here. You will be amazed at what a difference it will make. I am not a big talker but here I have found my safe place and trust me it has turned my life around. The supplements Kudzu and LGlut really worked wonders too.
                I wish you the best.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hello all
                  Thank you for your wonderful feedback. This is overwhelming in a really good way.
                  I stayed sober all night last night, and it's 10:40Pm New York time and I only thought about the local Sunday dive once, when I realized that my guy is probably gonna come home drunk later tonight, so that's why am here writing. Not going to the bar just 'cause am home alone.
                  I am taking baby steps over here in NY
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Drunken Girl

Welcome Trixie,

That fact that you are here is a huge step in the right direction. There comes a time, after drinking regularly, for anyone, that we no longer control alcohol, alcohol controls us from that day forward.

Quote "I have been drinking heavily and adjusting my lifestyle around my drinking"

You are in a good place, with lots of support. Keep reading and posting!

Hugs, :l

Best
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Drunken Girl

Hi Trixie and :welcome:

You certainly have found the best place ever, keep reading and posting ...

A HUGE well done for staying sober last night...

Keep us informed xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X