Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloated or weight gain??

Hi all,

I ordered the Kudzu from this site 2 weeks ago, and have been taking it 3X/day over one week. I've also been taking Campral 3X/day. I feel bloated and fat. Is this normal? Still trying to abstain/moderate. Couple of dry days this week and 2 drinking days.

What do you think? Please help.

Journey

Bloated or weight gain??

Hi J, nothing to say sorry, just noticed you haven't had any responses yet. I haven't tried any of the med apart from Kudzo but have read others posts and bloating/fatness didn't seem to feature, how annoying eh.. anything I could blame being overweight on sounds good. Oh just realised how that sounded, obviously I don't know if you are overweight or not. Don't know what is happening to me today, I seem to have a blether head on, am posting like a maniac.
    Hope you get some answers.

Take care.

Lorna
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

might be fluid retention. i put on a bit of weight on Campral. also could be you are eating more cause not drinking so much?

Cashy
      x
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

Journey:

I have been moderating nicely (so many fewer calroies), taking Kudzu, and taking Topamax (which has a side effect of weight loss), and I'm still maintaining a nice round belly. Sheesh, what's up with THAT!!!! Sorry, no help to you, just venting to make myself feel better!
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

Have you actually stepped on the scale to see if you've gained any weight?? You really can't know for sure unless you do. Sometimes people do eat more and are very thirsty when they stop drinking. Make sure that what you eat and drink is healthy and not loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, which act on the body like alcohol as far as weight gain is concerned.

Good luck and take care.

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

Thanks for all the great responses all! No, I am terrified of scales (had an eating disorder through high school/college - 15 years ago) so I don't weigh myself. But most of my clothes are not fitting. I'm on Day 3 AF (again) and have had very bad bloating/gas. I stopped taking the Kudzu and Campral on Sunday to see if it made a difference. Running 3-4 miles everyday (as usual). Probably the drinking is the biggest culprit. Should be getting Topo RX pretty soon. Not really counting on the weight loss, but looking for help in the cravings dept.

Do I really have to cut calories and exercise? Where is the magic pill? (LOL...) I wanna be back to my "fighting weight," which I estimate to be about 10 pounds less.

Journey

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

Oh, duh! Campral has been known to cause intestinal problems with some people! If I recall correctly, Paddy had issues with Campral, and he went off it. He went on Topa, and he's doing really well now. Just hang in there until you get the topa; I have the feeling that you're going to be fine!
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Bloated or weight gain??

Hi Journey,
                I find than when ever I start taking any sort of supplement I get gassy for a while. My other thought was maybe its to do with the diaretic effect of alcohol that you are not getting on AF days and you are retaining water.
                Suz
                Suz
                Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Working...
                X