af day Wednesday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wednesday 24th

morning all,how are we today? just checked ..make sure there isnt another Wednesday thread up..so far there isnt ,so on we go.Weather was brill yesterday so got a bit of work done in the garden...I had an idea to change it.....well ideas now reality!!!

Tea and coffee on the go for any takers..

morning TT...hows you today?looked everywhere for a post but none there..not like you that!hope all is well?

morning ltlw ..glad you are getting your head round the al business..one day you will just think..cant be bothered with it at all...and guess what ..it will happen without you even knowing..main thing is to keep at it so well done..As for learning Dutch..good for you..sod what the others say.My daughter goes for dyslexia tests in a couple of weeks.If she is, then all her midwifery work has got to be re marked..anyway have a great day

Morning Lav ..how are you?yep just looked at the garden yesterday and thought ..its happening!!so put in a new log edge and shaped the border,moved the blackberry bushes to the back border and moved a rhododendron bush..had to leave the fencing in at the moment and need to get some more soil into the bed..rabbits thought it was great!!As we speak it has just started raining, so might struggle today..Apologies one coffee..have you any plans for today?

Morning Kuya, and hows you today?..what you been up to?Yes youre right we need to push each other..have already spoken to someone that I used to work with to see whats available locally How about you? I need to go swimming today ..never went yesterday,was a bit busy..have a good one mate..saw your post ..lost of ops tomorrow ..yay..and thought what kind of a nut likes getting operations? duh ..clever me :H

Morning BHOG...hows you today?something I detect in your posts...eeermmm take it you arent in a management role at work? :H have a great day mein freund

Hiya ppqp ..and how are you today? feeling better? hope so..You aint the only one that has family rows..I had a belter with my brother yesterday..something happened last week..and could I let it lie? nope not in my nature (unfortunately at times!) so I phoned him ..and left a message for him to call me back..one serious row ensued, so we will see where that road goes to.Quite willing to throw the olive branch out now but in the circumstances had to be said ..that particular pot was beginning to boil!Anyway nuff of me ..have a coffee any plans for today?whatever you do ,have a good one.

Morning SF...well lets turn your post round...its coming together...I am not drinking.. now that statement for me is the beginning and most important part :goodjob: absolutely brilliant..as for the discord..this was probably the only thread in the whole forum that didnt have a major input into it..the suburbia in big city land!
    As for your schooling showing you different things..not too sure I understand that ..apologies for my ignorance...for me I am no different from anyone else..apart from the fact that I cannot control alcohol,same as someone who smokes, or eats too much or any other addiction.If it works for you then thats what counts and it seems to ..so go for it

right peeps time to go.............

Right then ..where shall we start?

Hmmmm this aint very safe near me

taken this morning...doesnt actually look like Ive done much!!!..note the rain

2/6065/20130424070122.jpg" alt="" />

A woman wanted a pet so she went to the local pet shop. She looked at the dogs and the cats but finally settled on a parrot that was perched in the back of the store for $50.00.*

She asked the shopkeeper why the parrot was so cheap, to which he replied, "Well, I have to tell you, the birds last owner was a madam at a whorehouse and he occasionally makes off color remarks that may offend some people."

Thinking that the price was right and she could handle anything he might say, she took him. When she got home she set the bird down on the table. He looked around and said, "New house, new madam".

"That's not so bad," she thought.

A little while later, her daughters got home from school, and the parrot spoke again, "New house, new madam, new whores."

Even though she felt a little insulted, she thought that wasn't so bad either.

Later that evening, her husband Ray came home.

The parrot again spoke out...

This time it said, "Hi Ray!"

The woman met with a divorce attorney the next day.

Two unemployed guys are talking. One says, "I'm going to become a lion tamer." The other replies, "That's crazy, you don't know nothing about no lion taming."*

"Yes I do!"

"Well, OK, answer me this. When one of those lions comes at you all roaring and biting, what you gonna do?"

"I'll take that big chair they all carry, and I'll stick it in his face until he backs down."

"Well, what if the lion takes that big paw, and hooks the chair with them big claws, and throws that chair out of the cage? What do you do then?"

"I'll take that whip they all carry, and I'll whip him and whip him until he backs down."

"Well, what if that lion bites that whip with his big teeth, and bites it in two? What you gonna do then?

"I'll take that gun they all carry, and shoot him."

"Well, what if that gun doesn't work? What will you do then?"

"I'll pick up some of the shit that's on the bottom of the cage, and I throw it in his eyes, and I run out of the cage."

"Well, what if there ain't no shit in the bottom of the cage? What you gonna do then?"

"You ain't thinkin' none to clear - cause if that lion comes at me, and he throws the chair out of the cage, and he bites the whip in two, and my gun don't work, there's going to be some shit on the bottom of that cage. You can bet on that!"

Aging Mildred was a 93 year old woman who was particularly despondent over the recent death of her husband Earl. She decided that she would just kill herself and join him in death.

Thinking that it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out Earl's old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart since it was so badly broken in the first place.

Not wanting to miss the vital organ and become a vegetable and a burden to someone, she called her doctor's office to inquire as to just exactly where the heart would be. "On a woman," the doctor said, "the heart would be just below the left breast."

Later that night, Mildred was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound to her knee.

A lawyer's dog, running about unleashed, beelines for the local butcher shop and steals a roast off the counter. The butcher goes to the lawyer's office and asks, "if a dog, running unleashed, steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment for the meat from the dog's owner?" "Absolutely," the lawyer responded. The butcher immediately shot back, "Good! You owe me $7.99 for the roast your dog stole from me this morning." The lawyer, without a word, writes the butcher a check for $7.99. A few days later, the butcher, browsing through his mail, finds an envelope from the lawyer. The contents read "Consultation: $25.00."

"I can let you have this top-of-the-line stereo for nine hundred dollars, minus six percent for cash," the salesman said.*

The customer, not able to figure the calculation, said he would think about the deal and return the next day.*

That evening, the fellow asked his blonde female friend, "If you were offered nine hundred dollars minus six percent, how much would you take off?" She replied, "Everything but my earrings!"

one liners
    Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    The anger of the meek and humble is named wrath
    We all make mistakes... said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin.
    Don't use a big word where a diminutive example is adequate.
    Democracy is four wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
    If you don't like the way women drive....get off the sidewalks
    "It is unbelievable what unbelievable things an unbeliever will believe in order to be an unbeliever."
    Anybody can be Pope; the proof is that I have become one. John XXIII
    BIGAMIST: A heavy fog in Italy.
    All right. Who set the phasers to deep fat fry?
    9 out of 10 men who try Camels prefer women.
    Politics - Poli = Many , Tics = Blood sucking parasites
    A man went into politics to do good and ended up doing rather well
    "I'd love to help you out. Which way did you come in?" -- Groucho
    Hey! Look at our Al. He's the only boy walking in step!
    I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet.
    Where there's a will, there's an Inheritance Tax.
    Very few people can afford to be poor.
    We are the people our parents warned us about.
    You will get a fair trial, after which you will be shot.
    If God wanted us to go METRIC Jesus would've had 10 disciples not 12.
    In an atomic war, all men will be cremated equal.
    98% of all constipated people don't give a crap
    Attention animal lovers, what you are doing is illegal....
    Remember, the end never justifies the meanness.
    100% of all smokers die. So do 100% of all non-smokers.

Definition of a redneck..apologies to anyone who fits the bill!!

1. You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.
    2. You ever cut your grass and found a car.
    3. You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
    4. You think the stock market has a fence around it.
    5. Your stereo speakers used to belong to the Drive-in Theater.
    6. Your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.
    7. You own a homemade fur coat.
    8. Chiggers are included on your list of top 5 hygiene concerns.
    9. You burn your yard rather than mow it.
    10. Your wife has ever said, "Come move this transmission so I can take a bath"
    11. You read the Auto Trader with a highlight pen.
    12. The Salvation Army declines your mattress.
    13. You've ever raked leaves in your kitchen.
    14. Birds are attracted to your beard.
    15. Your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.
    16. You were shooting pool when any of your kids were born.
    17. You have the local taxidermist's number on speed dial.
    18. You've ever hit a deer with your car...deliberately.
    19. Your school fight song was "Dueling Banjos"
    20. You think a chain saw is a musical instrument.
    21. You've ever given rat traps as gifts.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Wednesday 24th

MAE all - I see the bunny escaped chutneyising! Its very cute (bunny) not chutney.

Just a quick hi to say all Ok here - just a busy meeting filled day plus housework when I got home... evening ahead...no Dutch lessons here!
    Have a great Weds all

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

Good morning Abbers!

Just waiting for the coffee to kick in, doesn't seem to be working yet
      Mick, how do you keep your bunny so white? :H
      My dogs are a couple of dirtballs, honestly. Good job on your garden work, I hope to get a little done this afternoon, we've been promised a mild 73 degrees - yay.

Good morning TT, hope your busy day goes well.

Must feed animals then head out to Curves. Nothing real special going on today but the grandkids will be here at 3 pm so I'll save some energy for them

Have a great AF Hump day everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Feeling much better today. The late day boss jokes helped alot, thanks. Sorry to hear about your family issues, guess we all have them.
        Like the renovations to your garden. Your pictures keep me focused on the prize while dealing with details for the Community Garden.
        Meeting with the City rep this morning, got to get that $5,000 "In Kind" grant sorted as we're about to spend a lot of money.
        Got the board of directors to step up and volunteer to demolish a tennis shed for us this coming Saturday. Saved ourselves $3,500!

TT
        ...been having another busy day eh? Gotta say I'll sit/chair a meeting over a dentist trip any day! Remember to take time for yourself.

Lav
        ...I know the answer to your question...photoshop :H Enjoy the g/kids later today.

Off to get cup #2 and read the jokes. Have a great AF Hump Day all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

MAE All!

Thanks for starting us off today, Mick! I love your bunnies and garden. I think I am envious of your back yard. I have a lovely townhouse, but a mere postage stamp of a back yard. :upset: The coffee is good, by the way.

Hi TT, sounds like you are getting back into your routine!

You're sounding upbeat, as usual, Lav! Have a good day.

You sound busy, PPQP. Do I understand that you are in charge of a community garden? Cool!

Anyway, now that I've had a few days to just putz around, it's back to the business of life for me, and that means getting some more referrals. I have to become more active in my professional community to keep the referrals coming in. I just had a number of people leave who only came in for a few sessions. I know they were not particularly committed, but I can't help but wonder if I missed something because I was so preoccupied with my concerns about getting the house fixed. I'm just below what I need to make ends meet right now, so I'm getting my butt moving.

Kuya, what did you decide about your business?

Anyway, I hope that you get what you need out of massage therapy school, SF.

Looking foward to everyone else checking in later.

I remembered that I was missing Scottish Lass, but I couldn't remember her name. Does anyone know what she is up to?

Hi blondie! I'm glad you checked in!

Okay, off to the salt mines!

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

Lav- yes everyone speaks Dutch in the NL.
            However, I have to pass a Dutch language & culture test before I will be allowed to stay here permanently, regardless of the fact my husband is Dutch. Also, I want to work here & in order to get the certificate I need to teach I have to do more course work, some of which will be in Dutch. So yes, I can eat out, shop, ride the tram but to live & be part of the community I need to be able to talk to people.
            Anyway, it is a big hurdle for me & I have not studied German or Dutch ever before. I do speak French & Italian though- another language just seems a bit overwhelming to me.
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

Mick- good luck to ur daughter. I have always had extra support for my learning "challenges" & I am not getting this special support I need now to learn Dutch. And let me just say it makes things a lot more difficult. Usually for tests I get unlimited time & am read the questions making things far more possible.

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

I'm sorry that you are not getting additional help for your challenges, LTLW. That seems a change. Obviously, you have the capability, since you have learned other languages; I hope you can get the help that you need. :l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

Thanks but I really doubt I will manage to find a language institution specializing in dyslexic learning support? I think speaking is a possibility, but the writing... Oh boy. I have already taken 2 courses, learnt a lot but it is the simple fundamentals I cannot get straight. It just all mixes together in my mind. Patience, I know. I think the hard part is it brings me back to all the things I cannot do versus focusing on what I can do, which is draw & paint. Thanks for your encouraging post.

Comment

af day Wednesday 24th

Hi YahYah...I'm actually taking this afternoon off :H. But you're right, I have been busy organizing the Community Garden, amongst other things. I will be glad when the construction is done, just as I'm sure you're glad the reno's are done. Yup, life does get in the way doesn't it. Sending some :angel:"PPP":angel: for your referral searching.

Hi LTLW
                    ...boy and I thought I had things to deal with. Immigrants to Canada have to pass an English language & culture test too. I guess the positive spin would be at least you don't have to learn English. I understand it is the most difficult one to get the knack of. So special delivery to you too :angel:"PPP"
                    :angel: I hope you can find some help somewhere or maybe work out a different testing procedure. Got my fingers crossed for you and try and stay focused on the what I can do. :l

Comment

Working...
                    X