af day Friday 26 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 26 April

morning all how are we? Friday and the weekend is here....got a bit of a hurry on this morning ..got to go for blood tests at 0830..and its the fasting type.....AND I AM STARVING!!!no fluids less water ,no red meat all that lot!!

Tea and coffee on the go for everyone else..moi water!

Evening tt ..you had a good day? thats you rolling into the weekend now...any plans for it?dont know what your weather is like..its a wee bit foggy here ..would love to think its a heat haze!!Why do you need cardboard boxes? just pay your rent!!:H:H

Evening Kuya..you know what I said about heat haze..it has actually just started raining now!!how are you today?any plans for the weekend? went swimming yesterday, another 75 lengths, and then went and got some stone for the garden ..arms are aching a bit today!!hows your routine doing?still at it?

morning ltlw..and how are you today?yes youre right..give yourself a break..any plans for the weekend?

Morning Lav..yes heres your coffee (sigh)..ill have this lovely water!well was yesterday quiet or did it turn out eventful?

hiya ppqp..yes heres your brew too..yep post was a bit long yesterday when i look back ..oops.Well has your world started to thaw out yet?Got some more stone from the quarry yesterday...got a bit too much as you do with free things!!,so if this rain fairs off then i will mess about with it all later on when I get back

Hiya Cat..wow strife at work...sit on the touchline and watch the party!hows you today?yep the rabbits look nice..left a little gap around the edge of that new bed Ive extended..and yes the white one found the gap,and was having a ball...a white rabbit in wet soil!!!My plants are doing really well..my first courgette has flowered this morning..in the house! so I need to get that planted up rapidly!

Short but sweet..time to go,take care and have a great weekend everyone.

Lav..your neighbours tick list !!!

. Someone asks to see your ID and you show them your belt buckle.

The primary color of your car is Bondo.

Directions to your house include "Turn off the paved road" 64. Your dog and your wallet are both on a chain.

You owe the taxidermist more than your annual income.

You ever lost a tooth opening a beer bottle.

Jack Daniels makes your list of most admired people.

Your wife's hairdo has ever been ruined by a ceiling fan.

You see no need to stop at a rest stop 'cause you have an empty milk jug.

You consider the fifth grade your senior year.

You have a rag for a gas cap (on a car that doesn’t run).

The dog can't watch you eat without gagging.

You have a hefty bag where the window of your car should be.

You have bar-b-qued Spam on the grill.

Your brother-in-law is also your uncle.

Redman Chewing Tobacco sends you a Christmas card.

You bought a VCR because wrestling comes on while you're at work.

Your dad walks you to school because you're in the same grade.

You view the next family reunion as a chance to meet girls.

Your wife has a beer belly and you find it attractive.

Your front porch collapses and kills more than five dogs.

The main course at potluck dinners is road kill.

Your other truck is made by John Deere.

You think suspenders are a type of shirt.

Going to the bathroom at night involves shoes and a flashlight.

You keep a spit cup on the ironing board.

You ever got too drunk to fish.

More than one living relative is named after a civil war general.

Your home has more miles on it than your car.

You think that potted meat on a saltine is an hors d'ouerve.

There is a stuffed possum anywhere in your house.

You consider a six-pack and a bug-zapper high-quality entertainment.

Fewer than half of your cars run.

Your mother doesn't remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the State Trooper to kiss her ass.

You honestly think that women are turned on by animal noises and seductive tongue gestures.

You stand under the mistletoe at Christmas and wait for Granny and cousin Bobby-Sue to walk by.

Your family tree doesn't have any branches.

Your mother has been involved in a fistfight at a high school sports event.

The best way to keep things cold is to leave'em in the shade.

The neighbors started a petition over your Christmas lights.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Friday 26 April

Morning Mick.....and a lovely day it has been.

The joke standard continues to amuse....I read them in bits through the day, like little treats

The forum seems to be getting a lot of new folk recently which is a good indication of its success IMO. Seems like people are getting sober and maintaining their sobriety more importantly.

I am plodding on day by day with the smoking, can't wait to get a few months in TBH, feels harder this second time, like after a drinking relapse.

Must away to make me tea......hi to all to come

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

goede morgen... well week-end plans are just to visit my mother in law on Sunday.
      saturday we'll probably visit houses? i need to get better at planning fun things to do.
      off to the gym now and then i have arranged a little French/English literature exchange with a potential new French friend? let's see... gonna read a couple of NY times articles and discuss: goal is I practice my French and she improves her English. Could work? At least it should be a bit of a morality boost for me?
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Friday to one & all!
        Thanks for the coffee Mick, hope you finally got your cuppa
        I ended up having a busy day yetserday, totally unplanned. Had both my son & daughter here & all three grandkids, nice.
        I will be watching the grandsons again this evening since I have no social life & my son does......

Greetings kuya & LTLW!
        Your language exchange sounds nice LTLW. Now you just need to find a Dutch friend & get some practice there too Have fun!!!

OK, off to Curves then a stop at the supermarket to load up on supplies.
        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. I'll take mine to go so you don't have to watch me drink it. Now don't be over doing it just cause the weather's getting nicer.

KY...morning to you. Those days will add up to months before you know it. Keep on trucking.

LTLW
          ...goede morgen to you too. Your french/english literature get together sounds like a good plan to me.

Lav
          ...best laid plans eh? It does sound like you enjoy it though. Enjoy your curves and don't break the bank laying in supplies.

TT
          ...you hiding in your box?

No time for a second cuppa this morning. The new furniture arrived and I'm dying to get to work and set up my office. Pic to follow soon. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

Yes, our meeting was a good idea. She has been here 20 years & very positive about the entire experience. Offered encouragement & some tips, all welcome. I do need to find someone for a Dutch/English exchange, just sure how yet? This was her idea actually. My French is at a near Native level- nothing like my Dutch. She offered info on free Dutch courses, which I found cool! All good (except the rain!).

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

thats me back...been busy in the garden..all I have to do now is renew the fence panel and put in a little gravel path from edge of the greenhouse back to the paving..had to fence it off just now otherwise would end up as a 3 course meal for the rabbits!!!

from this...

to this

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

OK Mick, you're hired! How soon can you be here? :H:H
                You do nice work fella

Glad your meeting went well LTLW.

Greetings PQ!
                Have fun with the new stuff!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

thank you Lav....hows the neighbours? ticked any off on the list? more to follow tomorrow

Comment

af day Friday 26 April

Wow nice work!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X