af Sunday 28 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 28 April

MAE - Sunday already in the tropical south!! Thats a joke cos its pretty cold outside - but not as cold as where PPQP and Lavande are. Or as hot as your place Pauly. But altho its very windy today we are expecting c 20 degrees celsius - not bad for end of April. The morning sun is infusing a beautiful yellow glow over the trees in my garden ----

---- that is what is left of them!!! :upset: My partner G. killed a a mature healthy rose bush (very large and tall) yesterday. Cut it right down and left no shoots for regrowth. Left a big hole in the garden. Just when we are trying to fill up the gaps in the garden: I screamed at him. Did you hear me Kuya? Did you hear me Mick, LTLW? No, I was not the calm lady some think I am. I was upset, angry, really pissed off. Then I cried - because I love the trees. This has happened so often in our garden - and he treats it like he only spilt the toothpaste. Of course, in the bigger picture it is nothing - and after 10 minutes I was getting on with the next thing. But its upset me....
    Excuse the rant - but you could be reading much worse - altho drinking AL never entered my mindset.

Hope you got your kid-free day Lav. Looks like I need the anger-management course!
    PPQP - can't give advice on ciggies as its not part of my catalogue of sins as a 'fallen woman' (haha - thats for LTLW).
    Hi there also Cat, SF, Blondie and all others still on Saturday time. Think I will go for wa walk today and then finish emptying the kitchen - also have some work material to attend to.
    Once again excuse the rant - the joys of suburbia and gardens!!! I guess the AL related bit is that before I would have screamed (same as yesterday) but then later used that as justification to pour wine down my throat and probably stir up my anger about all sorts of things. And woken up with a hangover today and still have to deal with it all. So gratitude that I am sober
    Away now to make you guys some tea and coffee - have a fantastico Sunday all!!!

af Sunday 28 April

I will probably put today in two posts. One to respond...and one to tell about my day. It is still Saturday here....but I hate posting late on the days thread....I am not sure if anyone sees it.

Mick....thanks. I still have ALOT of work to do. I do believe that different things work for different people and that is the great thing about this forum. For too long I just wanted someone to tell me what to do. Little did I know what worked for them....did not work for me. I got tons of advice....which I appreciate...but, rarely did someone give me options. AA is the only way....and you better get a sponsor and work the steps.....or you are going to fail. I can share how 'I" got sober.....but in no way could that be what will work for them. Too many years into this journey of recovery...I continued to fail....because I allowed people to "direct" me. Its what I thought I wanted....but, it never kept me sober. Finding my own way has been difficult....and I am sure I would have gotten sober sooner.....if I just would have listened to my heart.

Blondie.....you can always go back to AA for the F2F. It is even more humbling to walk back into the rooms....for me it always felt like a "I told you so".....now I am stronger and I am clear that I am there for the F2F.....not a sponsor or the steps. But, if that works for you do it.

Lav....I agree about MWO. I just wish I did not people influencing me....that this board was bullshit....and HERE WAS WHAT I NEEDED TO DO. Recently.....I wanted a drink. It did not matter the trigger....I wanted one. I took Kuduz and L-Glut.....30 minutes later I was fine....I never would have learned any of that without being here.

Kuya.....I do still miss the warm glow. But, the warm glow was followed by doing a few stupid things....throwing up and the next 24 hours feeling like hell. That short 'warm glow" window is not worth it. And I am much happier these days. Thanks for noticing.

Porq....studies do show that people are most helped by AA because of F2F....not the steps. Celebrate Recovery resonates with me because I do believe in God and the power of it. "I Am Second"......is so cool. It is people who have learned to put God first and be second....but, I love the videos because it really touches on all issues that people have. And I can find a video.....for what I am dealing with on that day. I don't think AL is isolated....for me just focusing on AL and not all the other issues that caused me drink....does not work. But, it really is a God based site. So, it is not for everyone.

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Lost the post on my day......and its probably a good thing

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

morning all...just a quick check in before I am offski 5.45 am and its really light..love these mornings......TT didnt hear you scream...but i would have been pretty cheesed off too.take it he will be replacing it ? not really a discussion point!!

Hiya SF.well you sound in control..well done for not having that drink!!

ppqp...coffee and rest ..no shed..no more!!

Lav what plants are you getting?

Big hello to all later

Q: Why are redneck murders so hard to solve?A: There are no dental records and all the DNA's the same!

After a Southern tourist had been served in a Las Vegas cocktail lounge, he beckoned the waitress back and said quietly, "Miss, y'all sure are a luvly, luvly lady; can ah persuade y'all to give me a piece of ass?"

"Lord, that's the most direct proposition I've ever had!" gasped the girl. Then she looked around the room, smiled, and added, "Sure, why not? You're nice lookin', too, and it's pretty slow here right now, so why don't we just slip up to your room?"

When the pair returned half an hour later, the man sat down at the same table and the waitress asked, "Will there be anything else, sir?"

"Why yes," replied the gentleman. "Ah sure 'preciate what y'all just did for me; it was real sweet and right neighborly, but where ah come from in Georgia, we lack our bourbon real cold, so ah still need to trouble y'all for a piece uh ass for mah drink."

A young Native American boy approaches to his mother one day with a puzzled look on his face.
        ?Say, mom, why is my bigger brother named ?Mighty Storm???
        ?Because he was conceived during a mighty storm.?
        ?Well, why is my sister named ?Cornflower???
        ?Well, your father and I were in a cornfield, when we made her.?
        ?And why is my other sister called ?Moonchild???
        ?We were watching the moonlanding while she was conceived
        ?Tell me, Torn Rubber, why are you so curious??

A blonde decides to go icefishing so she heads out early one morning, sets her equipment up on the ice, and begins to drill a hole. She then hears a voice from above that says, "There's no fish down there."

Disappointed, she drags her equipment 50 yards further onto the ice. Again she begins drilling a hole and hears the voice again: "There's no fish down there."

Disgusted, she drags her equipment clear to the other side of the ice, again she begins to drill, and the voice repeats, "There's no fish down there."

She looks up and says, "God, is that you?"

The voice replies, "No, it's the arena manager."

A woman took her car to her mechanic.

She told him, "Every time I take my friends out in my car, there is this terrible smell. It never happens when I'm alone."

The mechanic was puzzled, so he said, "OK, let's go for a spin and see what the problem is."

Off they went. She drove down a one-way street in the wrong direction at 60 MPH, swerved, hit the curb on both sides of the street, narrowly missed three pedestrians, ran several red lights, and just missed a policeman. They returned to the shop and she said, "There it is now?there's that terrible smell. Can you smell it?" The mechanic replied,

"Smell it? Lady, I'm sitting in it."

Your kids are going hungry tonight because you just had to have those Yosemite Sam mud flaps.

You won't stop at a rest area if you have an empty beer can in the car.

You have a very special baseball cap, just for formal occasions.

You have to scratch your sister?s name out of the message: "for a good time call . . .?, because you feel guilty about putting it there.

You are still holding on to Confederate money because you think the South will rise again.

You consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food.

You have to go down to the creek to take a bath.

You participate in the "who can spit tobacco the farthest contest."

You roll you hair with soup cans and wash it once a year

You consider a three piece suit to be: a pair of overalls, a plaid flannel shit and thermal underwear.

There is a sheet hanging in your closet and a gun rack hanging in your truck.

You think the mountain men in Deliverance were just "misunderstood" 139. You've ever made change in the offering plate.

You consider a good tan to be the back of your neck and the left arm below the shirt sleeve.

You own at least 20 baseball hats.

You know of at least six different ways to bend the bill of a baseball hat.

You can change the oil in your truck without ducking your head.

When you run out of gas, you put gin in the gas tank!

Your biggest ambition in live is to "git thet big'ole coon. The one what hangs 'round over yonder, back'ah bubba's barn"

Three quarters of the clothes you own have LOGOS on them.

When you leave your house, you are followed by federal agents of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, and the only thing you worry about is if you can loose them or not.

Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.

You have started a petition to change the National Anthem to "Georgia on My Mind"

You call your boss "Buddy", on a regular basis.

You consider your license plate personalized because your dad made it in prison.

You have been fired from a construction job because of your appearance.

You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.

You need an estimate from your barber before you get a haircut.

After making love you ask your date to roll down the window.

The biggest fashion risk you take is which plaid you'll wear to the 4-H Fair.

You have flowers planted in a bathroom appliance in your front yard.

Someone in your family says "Cum'n heer an' lookit this afore I flush it"

Your wife weighs more then your refrigerator.

When you see a sign that says "Say No To Crack," it reminds you to pull your jeans up.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Wow, kind of a cross-post with Sunflower. The kudzu and L-glut - to have the help to get through the cravings - huge!! I can't imagine my life as the drunk I had become, and I would not have gotten here without the chemical support, so where would I be if I hadn't stumbled on MWO? Scary thought.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Hi there Cat, SF and Mick who have been here today.
            I am really glad the L-glut and the kudzu works for lots of people. When I was starting this quit I had to make do with supplements I tried to source in NZ. I paid a lot but they really made no difference at all. It may be the supplements I was using - but I did a lot of research and went for the best I could get my hands on. No difference to me. It was the internet support on MWO and the tips people posted that I think really helped. Plus I was really ready and literally had the death threat hanging over me....

Thats another reason for me to not go back to Day One!!!

Been a busy day here for moi and the rest of the family - amazing what crap we store in our kitchen cupboards! I need PPQP - demolition lady!!!

The guys are coming tomorrow (and they are all men) to start on the kitchen, daughter has a friend's place to seek refuge in and I have an interesting meeting first thing - I mean interesting as in I think I will enjoy the mental stimulation. So all good but I probably won't have time to start the Monday thread - Mick - job waitinf for you :goodjob:

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

TT, sometimes I can't believe how far ahead your time zone is......
              Hope your meeting goes well & your kitchen remodel as well
              Sorry to hear about your rose bush, sounds like the kind of dumb stuff YB used to do

Cat & SF, I'm glad that you have both found what you need to get & stay sober. We just have to keep looking & trying the different tools available to us
              I found that it wasn't the supplements I needed but the emotional support & hypnotherapy. I pretty much knew all along that drinking was an attempt to relieve the killer anxiety that had taken over my life. So happy to be done with all that!!!

Mick, I like to walk through the plant farm every year & just see what looks good!
              I have pots to fill on my deck which gets harsh South facing sun & pots on my front porch which is shaded most of the day so I need a variety of plants. I like that the plants are grown locally & usually do quite well provided I remember to water them

Greetings to PQ, kuya & everyone dropping in today!
              Have a great AF Sunday.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

MAE All,

Interesting thoughts about what really helps keep us sober. MWO is what has been the most successful for me. I enjoy some AA meetings, but the emphasis on God and powerlessness and turning one's will over to God is a real turnoff for me. Why would God want us to turn over our will rather than have us evolve into more mature, thoughtful, and capable beings? I won't go into my complicated beliefs here, but it just doesn't make sense and rubs me the wrong way.

Drinking just doesn't do it for me. I become fat, unmotivated, and feel quite sorry for myself. When I don't drink, I am more motivated, productive and I can think things through and be more involved in this business of living. It's not hard to figure out which is the better way.

SF, I'm glad that you are coming out on the good side of the struggle.

Mick, your Southern joke was very funny. I lived in the south for 6 years, and I could never understand what people wanted when they asked me for a "pin". I finally got clarification after about 6 months when a friend told me she wanted an "ink pin". Damn, all she wanted was a pen!

Cat, nice to see you around.

The mornings are nippy still, Lav, but the days are getting really beautiful and warm.

Hey PPQP! Sounds like you are busy as can be!

Well, yesterday a nice man helped me load 2 cubic yards of compost into my garden and rototill it in--no small feat. Thank goodness for how much many men love playing with power tools. My poor body has about had it with all the physical labor! :H At any rate, the soil is looking very lush and fertile. Today, I'll go out and get at least some stuff planted.

Also, yesterday, I had my lesson on how to care for the farm animals in preparation for next weekend's farm sitting. There are about 30 goats, only 6 sheep (darn, I wanted more!) and about 50 chickens, 4 dogs and 4 cats. Boy, do the goats and sheep come running when it is time for their grain feeding! I can't believe I am going to get paid for this......

There are so many other things to do that are so much more interesting than drinking.

Anyway, I'm off to the garden. Will probably check in later. Have a great day, everyone!

:l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

MAE ALL...

TT... thanks for the kickoff and the coffee, much needed this morning! Sorry to hear about the death of the rose bush but soooo happy to hear of your dealing with the emotions.
                  And you rant away at will as we'll be here to help keep you on the straight and narrow. Just as everyone hear has done so for me.

SF...maybe it's the "I want to know all" mentality I have but I am upset that I don't get to hear about "your day". Whatever it was you certainly came out on top. :goodjob: Just so you know...I, for one, always read the end of yesterday's thread before starting on todays.

Mick...surprise surprise an early morning post, complete with jokes, on the infamous Sunday thread. We are humbled. :bow Yup, "no shed no more" and I couldn't believe how many people in the community are glad it's gone. Communication with the masses (neighbourhood) is very challenging but I think I'm making a dent in it.

The dude with his hands in his pockets is my boss. :H

CB
                  ...you are welcome and no prob on being up to speed with everyone...that'll surely set off some triggers!!! Totally agree with your thoughts on "the chemical/supplement awareness & program" I truly believe my B+ vitamins makes a big difference, as I can sure tell when I've been slacking off. Thanks for sharing your sister's story, it really helps as I too have a sister who hasn't even acknowledged that she has a problem.

Lav
                  ...nope, didn't do it alone, had lot's of help on the demolition project...and everyone there certainly had some aggression to get rid of. Was really looking forward to weilding the sledge hammer but they were all taken.

YahYah
                  ...2 cubic yards...YIKES
                  ...I'm expecting 60 cubic yards on May 11th. Can't really picture it so I'm sure it'll be an eye opener!!!! I'm so looking forward to hearing about your "weekend farm animal" babysitting. Pictures are definetly a must!

Off to feed the grumbling tummy...have a great AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

60 yards? Yikes! I hope you have lots of muscular men around PPQP!!! Are people going to take their compost to their own plots? That would be ideal! I will try to post some pictures of the garden if I can remember how. I'm not good at that kind of thing. I took some pictures of the garden on my phone, so I'll see if I can upload them.

:l

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Okay, here's a few pics of the community garden. Right now it's pretty barren, but that won't last long.
                      Attached files [img]/converted_files/2102133=7559-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2102133=7560-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2102133=7561-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2102133=7562-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

Why, oh why, can't I get my pictures into the body of the message? :upset:

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

well im jealous of all your gardens! nothing likes to grow in vegas dirt except weeds of course,plus the sun is blazing hot,so i grow in pots its something anyways you guys have a great sunday
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

YahYah, you are very brave to take on the care & feeding of all those animals ~ good luck with that
                            You have to use an online storage service & copy & paste Img codes to imbed your pics here. I use Photobucket (it's free so go open an account). It was a nice day here.

PQ, your boss has nice pockets :H:H
                            Glad your destruction project went well

My DIL has been on the phone for close to two hours, seriously. I am tired as anything but watching her kids so they don't destroy my house. This is not fair. I'll think of something to get her back :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 28 April

LMAO, I'm sure you'll think of something dastardly, Lav!

I'm getting paid handsomely to take care of those animals; I can't believe my luck! I've got my checklist; apparently, the most important thing is not to turn your back on the male goats, who get a kick out of knocking people on their asses. :H

I'm very intimidated by things like photobucket. Weird.....

Comment

Working...
                              X