29 April AF Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 April AF Monday

Just wanted to start the thread... raining this morning and cold.
    I am starting to doubt that it might every be warm in the Netherlands?
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

29 April AF Monday

oh no...apologies ltlw..took me so long to write it ..yours appeared!!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

29 April AF Monday

Quick hello here - evening in my place. I am waiting for a call from a friend who needs confidence boosting with a job interview - poor wee lass is being interviewed from the UK by skype in the evening here in a few days and she has a baby and she has to give a 30 minute presentation - sounds pretty stressful to me.

Your bunnies sounds stressed out too Mick! Congratulations on 300 days - almost a year:happy:

have to go ....

Comment

29 April AF Monday

MAE all and how are we today?looks like some people had a busy ole weekend and some not so busy..think I am in the inbetweeny bracket!Bit of frost last night,so still not chancing putting the plants out..Julie phoned me when I was out yesterday..panicking like mad...she had lost Sam ,the white rabbit..hunted high and low for him but couldnt see him any where..Got a phone all later...she (Julie)was searching everywhere for him and in the end, Sammy,the other rabbit grassed him up..In the corner is a redundant compost bin,with the bottom opening facing the corner so it looks like a sealed unit.Julie is calling for Sam,and the other rabbit goes straight to the bin and virtually points to it!!One wee white head then pops out..panic over!!

Tea n coffee on the go..including me (at 11st 5 this morning..bang on target well chuffed ..and it is 300 days for me today too..dont usually count days..but hundreds and months are good to go!

Right here we go ..on wi the show..sheer poetry!!!

Hiya Cat and how are you today?take your question a wee bit further..where would any of us be without MWO..for me this thread especially!What you been up to over the weekend? anything?

Evening TT how did your meeting go?more to the point hows the kitchen doing? hasve you got one or is it "chicken ding" in the microwave tonight
        Never used any chemic to give up al..tried Kudzu once but didnt do too much for me..think the incentive to quit without paying for tablets// supplement was enough for this Jock!

Morning Lav ..and how are you today?Yep same as you south facing garden,obviously not as much heat as you, but plants in their early stages, do suffer in the heat, and you cannot afford not to give them a drink!..speaking of which heres a cawffee!Still cant get my plants out ,not even into the greenhouse because of the overnight temperatures, so the house is like a jungle!!!We are allegedly getting more sun this week.Why not take the chickens over to her house and leave them there for the weekend..ask her to look after them? that would be a belter!!

Morning YAH.. wow had a look at those pics there's some garden there to mess about in ..be interesting to see it again in a couple of months.Busy busy Mrs farmer eh?looking after all those animals.As for getting the pics full size into the body of the text..as Lav says its easy..I use imageshack , but they are all similar.
        Take your picture and download it to your computer ..store in a folder.. remember which one!

Next type in Imageshack in your browser bar of computer click and search
        When you find it, register and create an account for yourself..its free
        Come out of imageshack and then re enter it..this time log in to your new account with your password that you created setting the account up
        Once you have signed in click on "upload"
        Then click on the word "browse"..when you do that it will come up with various places on your computer..click on the one where you stored your picture
        Once you have clicked on that, it should open the folder and you will see your pic that you want to download.
        Click on picture then click on the box that says "open"
        this should then start creating a code next to the word "browse"-you know it is working when a green tick appears
        Then click on "upload now"..what then happens is a box appears with lots of letters an d headers..Link. Direct Link.Forum code Alt forum code .HTML.
        Were interested in the none that says forum code and the wording in the box next to it
        Highlight all the wording/numbering in that box
        Right click computer mouse
        Click on copy.

Then go to the main body of your text etc .. right click mouse and paste it in

Job done easy peasy!!!

have a great day

PPQP..wow thanks for the pics..some pretty good pieces of 3x2 timber in there that could come in "handy"..60 cbt yds wow..thats a fair amount..oh tell your boss he aint a real one..bosses dont stand around with hands in pockets...one hand should be in the air, gesticulating and emphasizing some point that no one understands..or even cares about..the other should be holding a brew made by the duty groveller!!! remember the old adage ..you can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink..true but if it sticks its heed in the water, you assume it is drinking..ergo bosses look busy ..are busy!trust me ..via experience that one!!

Hiya Pauly..and hows you?no such thing as a weed..it is a plant that is growing in the wrong place without attention notied your mood thingy..how come you are stressed? whassup?

hiya Kuya how you doing today? any progress?Oh yeh whats with the Jockanese creeping in ? aboot? really keep it up ..an yir gawny be spikking the same as me..now repeat after me

theres a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht dyaken

Right peeps thats it offski pour moi..have a great day

Lav more spotting points for you!!!

A nun at a Catholic school is asking her students what they want to be when they grow up.

Little Suzie declares, "I want to be a prostitute."

"What did you say?" asks the nun.

"I said I want to be a prostitute," Suzie repeats.

"Oh, thank heavens," says the nun. "I thought you said a Protestant!"

Two guys are shopping in a supermarket when their carts collide. One says to the other, ?I?m sorry, I was looking for my wife.?

?What a coincidence. So am I, and I?m getting a little desperate,? says the other man.

?Well, maybe I can help you. What does your wife look like??

?She?s tall, with long hair, long legs, firm boobs, and a tight ass. What does your wife look like??

?Oh, never mind. Let?s look for you

Four U.S. presidents are caught in a tornado and are whirled off to Oz. They finally make it to the Emerald City and come before the Great Wizard.

"What brings you before the great Wizard of Oz?"

Jimmy Carter stepped forward timidly: "I've come for some courage."

"No problem!" says the Wizard. "Who is next?"

Ronald Reagan steps forward, "Well?, I?I think I need a heart."

"Done," says the Wizard. "Who comes next before the great and powerful Oz?"

Up stepped George Bush sadly and said, "I'm told by the American people that I need a brain."

"No problem!" says the Wizard. "Consider it done."

There is a great silence in the hall. Bill Clinton is just standing there, looking around, but doesn't say a word. Irritated, the Wizard finally asks, "What do you want?"

"Uhh?is Dorothy here?"

A passenger plane on a cross-country trip runs into a terrible storm.The plane gets pounded by rain, hail, wind and lightening. The passengers panic, certain that the plane is going to crash and they are allgoing to die. At the height of the storm, a young woman jumps up and exclaims, ?I can?t take this anymore! I can?t just sit here and die like an animal, strapped to a chair. If I am going to die, let me die feeling like a woman. Is there anyone here man enough to make me feel like a woman??
        A hand goes up in the back of the plane, and a handsome, tall, muscular man smiles while walking up to her seat. As he approaches her, he takes off his shirt. She sees his huge muscles even in the poor lighting of the plane. He stands in front of her, shirt in hand and says to her, ?I can make you feel like a woman before you die. Are you interested??
        She eagerly nods her head ?Yes!?
        The man hands her his shirt, and says, ?Here. Iron this.?

A drunken Irishman is driving recklessly through Dublin, and an alert cop pulls him over.

?Where have you been?? asks the police officer.

?To the pub,? slurs the drunk.

?Well,? says the cop, ?do you know that, a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car??

?Oh, thank heavens!? sighs the man. ?For a minute there, I thought I?d gone deaf.?

Father Mike is hearing confessions one day when he gets the urge to take a leak. He motions the janitor over.

?Hey, Bob,? he says. ?Take over. If someone comes in, just check the list on the wall and give ?em their penance.?

Bob wearily agrees, and no sooner does he take over than a woman enters the booth and blurts out, ?Father, I can?t stop giving anal sex to strangers.?

Bob frantically checks the list but can?t find anything about anal sex. He peeks through the curtain and sees an altar boy lighting candles.

?Psst! Altar boy!? Bob calls. ?What does Father Mike give for anal sex??

?As of last week,? says the altar boy, ?two lollipops and a soda.?

Paul tries to take his friend hunting, but when they get to his favorite hunting spot, they find ?No Trespassing? signs everywhere. Paul tells his friend to wait in the car and walks up to the nearby farmhouse. The farmer answers the door, and Paul says, "Sir, I?ve hunted on this property all my life, but now I notice you have a bunch of signs up. I wanted to see if it was still OK for me to hunt here."
        The farmer scratches his chin for a bit and says, "I?ll make you a deal. We?ve got this cow out back that we have to kill for food, but we?ve grown too attached to it. If you go out back and shoot my cow, I?ll let you hunt on my property."
        Walking back to the car, Paul decides to play a joke on his friend. "That old bastard won?t let us hunt on his property," he tells him. "I?m going to shoot his cow!" He then walks over to the side of the house and-BLAM!
        Suddenly two more shots ring out behind him, and his friend runs up, yelling, "I got the cat and dog too! Let?s get the hell out of here!"

Your `huntin dawg' cost more than the truck you drive him around in.

You'd rather catch bass than get some (if you can't guess...)

You have a Hefty bag for a Car/Truck convertible top.

Your belt buckle weighs more than three pounds.

You think that safe sex is a padded headboard on the waterbed.

You have an Elvis Jell-O mold.

You own more cowboy boots than sneakers.

You've been to a funeral and there were more pick-ups than cars.

You have a picture of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, or Elvis over your fireplace.

You just bought an 8-track player to put in your car.

There are four or more cars up on blocks in the front yard.

The theme song at your high school prom was ?Friends in Low Places?

Its Easier to spray weed killer on your lawn than mow it.

You think that John Deere Green, Ford Blue, and Primer Gray are the three of the primary colors.

You've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sister's honor.

You idea of talking during sex is "Ain't no cars coming, baby!"

Your vehicle has a two-tone paint job--primer red and primer gray.

The tobacco chewers in your family aren't just men.

Yer mom calls ya over t'help, cause she has a flat tire...on her house.

The ASPCA raids yer kitchen.

Foreplay consists of slipping off her saddle.

Ya can't get married to yer sweetheart ?cause there?s a law against it.

Ya celebrate Groundhog Day (cause ya believe in it!!)

You've been on TV more than 5 times describing the sound of a tornado.

You fish in your above-ground pool, especially if you catch something!

Your beer can collection is considered a tourist attraction in your home town.

If you wake up with both a black eye and a hickey.

Getting a package from your post office requires a full tank of gas in the truck.

"Buck Naked Line Dancing" isn't a videotape, it's "Ladies Night" at the local bar.

Your wife wants to stop at the gas station to see if they've got the new Darrell Waltrip Budweiser wall clock.

You dated your daddy's current wife in high school.

You're moved to tears every time you hear Dolly Parton singing "I Will Always Love You"

You've ever parked a Camaro in a tree.

Exxon and Conoco have offered you royalties for your hair.

Your dad is also your favorite uncle.

The most serious loss from the earthquake was your Conway Twitty record collection (your insurance man is one too if he pays you for it) 200. You actually made a pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight with Alan Jackson.

Comment

29 April AF Monday

MAE
          me again but I just deleted my last post as it sounded garbled. Instead I wrote another post on another thread which is quite daring for me to do.
          so once again Mick - almost a year - fabberoos!!!:wd:
          LTLW - I can recall being in den Hague and wondering if I would ever see the sun. A trip to Paris cheered my spirits up (I am not hinting and your hubby is probably too busy) - but maybe a weekend away in the future to look forward to??
          My kitchen is half done - so we had pizza tonight and are washing dishes in the laundry sink. Remember my new kitchen was my pressie to myself for quitting the poison. (well we had to have it done as well but I really felt like I had a finite death sentence on me a year ago and could not think about such things as new kitchens)
          Meeting today was good, went to a public lecture tonight and have been on the phone helping a younger pal with her forthcoming job interview
          evening things would not have been so likely in my wine infused days!! wd:
          I look forward to reading of everyone's doings (I think PPQP said that to) - its such a plus to have a full life. I mean, I used to have a full life even when boozing but its now so much fuller (bad bad grammar and all!!! hee hee !!!)
          Better start winding down as its an early start tomorrow - lots of work things and some daughter-time

Comment

29 April AF Monday

CONGRATULATIONS MICK ON YOUR 300 DAYS:goodjob::goodjob:

Damn internet is still playing up; getting a tad frustrating now
            Thanks for pics PPQ; I thought you were the boss (secretly are and just let the other fellow think so?!) Thanks for offer of your SiL as mozzie bait - will you be shouting her trip down under?!

YaH - your farm sitting sounds kind of fun (I'd be concerned about being left in charge of all those animals!!) Another little energizer bunny!

Kuya congrats on the smoke-free period.

LTLW - it could be worse, you could be in Scotland (cold-weather-wise I mean!)
            Hi to everyone;
            Xross post TT - glad your reno work is going well - our has just started. Removed lots of asbestos (I notice there;s still some there) and other rotting parts of house.

Comment

29 April AF Monday

Good morning Abbers,

Woke up to April showers which I hear will be hanging around for the next few days, oh well.
              That will give me time to catch up with some inside stuff.

I hope you get to see the sun soon LTLW
              I miss it terribly too when it's gone for more than a day or two.

Mick - Mr 300 - woo hoo!!!! Congrats!!!
              I hope you can get your plants moved outside, where they belong very soon

Greetings blondie, TT, Kuya, PQ, YahYah & everyone jumping in today!
              I need to get my day in gear, lots to do.

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

29 April AF Monday

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Now we just have to teach you how to make coffee. Remember, time takes time, I'm sure that yellow ball in the sky will appear some day soon.

Mick...thanks for the coffee and I'm glad Sam was found safe and sound. Congrats on 300 but I'm waiting for day 365 to really celebrate your achievement!! I am having a rather shitty start to my Monday. I emailed the "pocket" boss yesterday to tell him I resign as the IT support person. Another employee had done a bunch of work on the childcare computer, which is fine, only I had rearranged my weekend plans to complete the work and didn't have to after all. Just ticked me off and I'm still feeling ticked this morning. Sorry, just had to vent.

TT
                ...wow kitchen half done already!! You obviously have the right crew working on the project. Can you give me their names? Hope you're having a restful evening.

Blondie
                ...:no: don't want to be the boss...have enough stress in my life! You be careful around that asbestos.

Lav
                ...just think, day after tomorrow you'll wake up to May flowers :H Let us know what your "revenge" plan is.

Off to read Mick's jokes maybe it'll put me in a better mood. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

29 April AF Monday

MAE Fabbies!

TT, it will get warm where you live, promise! I can understand your concern, however. We've had a very chilly spring here, with just a few really warm sunny days to tease us! I hope it gets warm and sunny soon to revive your weather spirits!

Love your redneck jokes, Mick. I live in a town called Frederick, and now that we are getting a little more urbane, we jokingly call ourselves "Fredneck". I'm glad that your bunny turned up, naughty bunny! Many congratulations on your 300 days! You are a rock! :wave:

I will try to get it together to use photobucket. Hmmmm......

Ah, TT, glad the renovations are going well thus far! I think a trip to the south of France would be much more sunny for LTLW, though. The one time I was in Paris (in the fall), it was rather chilly and dreary.

Blondie, no worries about the animals--there are lots of good strong fences, and I have the number of the vet! You be careful with all that asbestos though--that is really dangerous! I hope your reno's go well! Keep us posted.

Greetings, Lav. I think the sun will be returning later today. Hope you get plenty of indoor things done.

Hey PPQP, sorry about the mix ups at work. It sounds pretty frustrating. I'm excited about your comm. garden stuff. It is so worthwhile. Keep up the good work, and I hope your day improves!

Nothing much going on here. I'm still getting my house back in order after being away so many weekends in a row. Laundry's done, now on to cleaning. Not my favorite thing. :yuk:

:l to all left to come!

Where is Cantoo?

YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

29 April AF Monday

Hi YAH - you got us all a wee bit mixed up! I think you meant LTLW when you commented on the weather.
                    Its late autumn here and we expect cold weather - however its been in the 20s (celsius) this month still so we can't complain and we see lots of sunshine

Have to go and get ready as its Tues morning - anyone want a cup of tea or coffee at this time of the day where you are!!!
                    catch you Ab Fabsters later - and hope all the bunnies are behaving Mick!

Comment

29 April AF Monday

Guilty as charged, TT. Have a great Tuesday!
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

29 April AF Monday

Well, the day ended with sunshine- sunny from about 2pm.

We are headed to the States come June for about 3 weeks.
                        A little break will do us good, we are busy planning so we are sure for it to be a relaxed time.

Gosh, very tired went see the tulip fields & a flower show. A remarkable day, I have never seen anything like it! Wish u all either a peaceful evening or a radiant day!
                        March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                        May 29: back to day 1
                        June: The battle continues......

Comment

Working...
                        X