30 AF Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 AF Tuesday

Good morning everyone... not sure if Mick & I will post again at the same time, but thought I would go ahead. Someone said something yesterday about teaching me to make coffee?
    Not sure what she was referring to?
    It is an important day here in the Netherlands. William Alexander will become King. Interesting. Not sure what to make of all this, but 'the people' seem to be excited about it. There was a lovely classical music concert on the televisie last night using 17th instruments, and it seems they play regularly around the corner. Nice! So, paying them a visit will go on the calendar today.

I will make an effort to stop complaining about the weather. Someone mentioned yesterday I should be happy not to live in Scotland. Not sure how this is relevant? I can also be happy I don't live in Siberia I guess? Somehow this doesn't move me. I guess I am missing the point? So, whoopie- it's 41 degrees and cloudy, wow, that's nice! (See I feel better already!)

Gonna have another coffee and then get myself to the gym. I haven't been doing so great on that front.
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

30 AF Tuesday

I am gonna edit my signature now, but want to explain so it doesn't look weird.
    i really started trying not to drink on March 1 st, by the time I got to the 10th I thought I might have a chance at it. Now when I look at my days for April they don't look so good. But I am doing good.... so I need to feel good about my efforts even if I am not perfect (yet).

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

MAE ..everybody..and how are we all today then?Lets see if I an get it right today ..and we dont have 2 posts on the go at one.Weather is really nice at the moment...dont know how long it will last for tho

Tea n coffee on the go

Evening TT hows you? well is the kitchen finished...or are we still on pizza tonight?Glad your meeting went well..take it that its feet up now time after a busy day?

Mornig blondie....ha glad you added that bit about the weather in jockland..what a statement could be worse ..could be in Scotland!!! :H
      Hows your day been? Tinternet still playing up?

Morning Lav, how are you this morning?did you get any plants?After I have finished this, going out to plant a couple of hanging baskets up.Cant wait to get these plants outside...problem with growing them inside is no matter where you put them, they never get enough light,its also pretty hard to control how much water you give them too,because of the dry air in the house I also tend to water the seedlings and catch the bottom leaves in the water which browns them off and isnt good!Tomatoes and courgettes now are both starting to flower..oops ..apologies ,one brew ma'am.Any plans for today? have a good one

Morning ppqp ..deep breath..take it easy,dont cut your nose off to spite your face!If you like what your doing just tell"handy andy" that you are happy to do the job but you dont expect to be messed about!Anyway hows today been?Another person I used to be in the army with contacted me yesterday..very strange none of us have been in contact for over 25 years then all of a sudden??? there must be a reason for it.Strangely enough he lives in Alberta too..near Rocky Mountain House?that to my knowledge is 6 of my old regiment living in Alberta..what is it with jocks going to live in Canada? oh well heres a coffee ..you have a better day than yesterday!

Hi yah.....Fredneck :H and how are you today?when do you take over looking after all the animals? reckon it beats cleaning!!!Was looking at this site after you mentioned southern speaking ..Tawkin' Suthern: How to Speak with a Southern Accent wowee it showah lewks a mite diffrnt..dudnt it? :H have a great day

Hiya ltlw ..goede morgen hoe gaat het met u?..or possibly jou what are you up to today? any plans? wow bet that show was lovely with the tulips..when you going to the us of a?

Evening Ky...you ok never saw yer post yesterday so wondered if you was ok mate

right peeps ..moscow ..have a great day

An attractive woman from New York was driving through a remote part of Texas when her car broke down. An American Indian on horseback came along and offered her a ride to a nearby town. She climbed up behind him on the horse and they rode off. The ride was uneventful, except that every few minutes the Indian would let out a ?Ye-e-e-e ha-a-a-a? so loud that it echoed from the surrounding hills. When they arrived in town, he let her off at the local service station, yelled one final ?Ye-e-e-e ha-a-a-a!? and rode off.

?What did you do to get that Indian so excited?? asked the service-station attendant.

?Nothing. I merely sat behind him on the horse, put my arms around his waist, and held onto the saddle horn so I wouldn?t fall off,? the woman answered.

?Lady,? the attendant said, ?Indians ride bareback.?

Q: What goes, ?[click] Is that it? [click] Is that it? [click] Is that it??A: A blind guy with a Rubik?s Cube.

Q: What did the male fly say to the female fly sitting on a pile of cow shit?A: ?Pardon me, but is this stool taken?

A blonde woman is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet. ?I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you?ll have lost at least five pounds.?

When the blonde returned, she shocked the doctor by losing nearly 20 pounds.

?Why, that?s amazing!? the doctor said. ?Did you follow my instructions??

The blonde nodded. ?I?ll tell you though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day.?

?From hunger, you mean?? asked the doctor.

?No, from skipping.?

A blonde was shopping and came across a silver Thermos. She was quite fascinated by it, so she picked it up and brought it over to the clerk to ask what it was.

?That?s a Thermos,? the clerk said. ?It keeps some things hot and some things cold.?

?Wow,? said the blonde. ?That?s amazing. I?m going to buy it!?

So she bought the Thermos and took it to work the next day. Her boss saw it on her desk.

?What do you have there?? he asked.

?Why, that?s a Thermos. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold,? she replied.

Her boss inquired, ?What do you have in it??

The blond replied, ?Two popsicles and some coffee.?

man comes home from work, sits down in his favorite chair, turns on the TV, and says to his wife, ?Quick, bring me a beer before it starts.? She?s puzzled but goes and gets him a beer anyway.

The guy quickly downs the beer and says, ?Quick, bring me another cold one. It?s about to start.? His wife huffs a little but still gets him another beer.

?One more before it starts!? the husband yells out after finishing off the second can.

?That?s it!? his wife screams. ?I cook and clean and wash and iron all day long. Then you waltz in here, flop your fat ass down, and expect me to run around like your slave! If you think that?s how it works, you?ve got another thing coming!?

?Damn,? mutters the husband. ?It started.?

You have spent more on your pickup truck than on your education.

You can tell your age by the number of rings in the bathtub.

Your mom gives you tips on how to sneak booze into sporting events.

. The blue book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas it has in it.
      Your classes at school were cancelled because the path to the restroom was flooded.

On your job application under "SEX" you put "As often as possible"

During your senior year you and your mother had homeroom together.

You're a ?light? beer drinker, because you start drinking when it gets light.

On your first date you had to ask your Dad to borrow the keys to the tractor.

Your parakeet knows the phrase "Open up, Police!?

You saved lots of money on your honeymoon by going deer hunting.

In tough situations you ask yourself, "What would Curly do??

Taking your wife on a cruise means circling the Dairy Queen.

You think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are "Gentlemen, start your engines"

Your child's first words are "Attention K-Mart shoppers?

Your wife's best pair of shoes is steel-toed Red Wings.

You have a color coordinating rope that ties down your car hood.

You bring your dog to work with you.

You replace a flat tire on your truck with a tire from your house.

You've ever put a six-pack in a casket right before they closed it. 221. Your family's No. 1 enemy is revenuers.

Your belt buckle doubles as a serving platter.

You use lava soap more than three times a day.

You wear cowboy boots with Bermuda shorts.

You have a hook in your shower to hang your hat on.

You buy your wife tube socks at the flea market.

You consider orange peels left on the coffee table as potpourri.

You can't take a bath because beer is iced down in your tub.

Your kitchen doubles as a bait store.

You've ever picked up a woman in a convenience store.

You throw a beer can out the truck window and your wife shoots it.

You've ever fed your date french fries in a Denny's.

Going to the laundromat means cleaning out the back of the truck.

Your family reunion features a chewing tobacco spit-off.

You come home from the garbage dump with more than you went with.

LTLW..just checked you have posted so I will put this on the back of it...lets make May YOUR month
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Mick- headed to the US in June. Only two days in Florida though (not my favorite place but it is warm!), otherwise we will be in northern NE.

The Keukenhof was fantastic, by the way. Amazing actually.

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

ltlw was that the one at Lisse?just looked their website...wow
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Good morning Abbers

Overcast again today, April showers, oh well!
            I have work to do so I'll just turn on all the lights & some music & get it done

LTLW, sounds like you are going to have to make your own sunshine for a while. I'm watching the news right now & see they are tracking a snow storm building out in the west moving eastward We can't control the weather can we? I am careful not to wish for too much warm weather, the past few summers here on the east coast have been horrendously hot!!! I couldn't keep my plants alive & my poor chickens suffered, yuck.

Temps in the mid 50's here Mick!
            I haven't been to the plant farm yet, maybe in the next day or two.
            I don't know when my garden is going to be tilled. It seems that YB's big special garage (across the driveway) from the house & 'my' garage had a huge mouse invasion over the winter. The little suckers chewed through the gas line on the rototiller. Now he's extra grumpy & has to get replacement parts :H I never go in that garage, I had no idea what was going on in there over the winter :H

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Tuesday all around!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Evening all.....yep Mick I missed yesterday no reason, got distracted online.

Got a lot of projects on ATM, but work is a bit quieter so will try and complete stuff before the weekend. Then a party Saturday which I am kind of looking forward to.

Haven't caught up with yesterday's thread so hoping all is well with folks

Laters

KY

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

hey guys,sounds like everybody has lots of projects going on,thats s good thing,i need to do so many things around the house but i just look at them and say"piss on it"so many unfinished projects,i need my get up and go back,you guys have a great tuesday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee comment was because you didn't offer us any. :H

Mick...thanks for the coffee. Had a talk with the boss and told him I wanted to get back to doing what I was hired for. He replied "How selfish is that" :H We are going to hire an IT person to deal with computer issues, so I feel a load off my shoulders. Drove home in a snow storm yesterday but they're calling for 22C on Thursday.

Lav
                  ...I'm still dealing with my mouse, and I only have one, thought I'd got rid of him.

KY
                  ...glad you're keeping busy and it's nice to have something to look forward to.

Pauly
                  ...boy do I know that feeling. Enjoy your day.

Not even staying for a second cuppa but will read the jokes when I get to work. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Well, I guess all the activity on this thread happens from 1:00 am to 7:00 am my time.

Just checking in to report that I had a much better day today.

Hope everyone is doing ok.....PPQP

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

I am backtracking on posts....there are so many to read which is a good thing for me.

Mick....sometimes I feel solid....and at other times not so much. Today I closed a big deal (celebrate)....but, another client is not paying their bill.....which means I have a huge ton of $$ coming out of my check this month (drown my sorrows).....I am thrilled to say.....that the way I drive home....there are no beer stores.....as I felt a bit weak today.

Cat....the supplements did not work for me in the beginning...so there is a part of me that wonders if it is placebo effect.

TT.....I bought the expensive stuff too in regards to supplements. I now only buy the cheap stuff and they work just fine. And I can afford them! Day One is nothing I want to experience again.....I had a thousand of those!

LAV...anxiety is still a battle for me. However, I am learning so much at the school.....it is becoming less of an issue for me. But, still one. My mind races to what they call...."living under a bridge". Such cool people I am working with.

YAH....I totally relate to your prior comments on AA. Now I just do stop ins....as I come to better sense of myself.....and have a better understanding of what I need and don't. I over thought the whole thing to death

Kuya....I think your quit is what you make it to be. I get excited about being sober. But, when you are told over and over again....its going to be sooooooo hard.....I think your mind goes into that motion without even realizing that the thoughts have been put there. However, when you are excited about quitting and all the greatness you have in front of you......your mind and body respond to that. I have had hard quits and easier ones.

Porq.....my day that you are wondering about was nothing big. I met up with an acquaintance....we have met several times and I always enjoyed chatting with her. Since I moved to her part of town we decided to go to a yoga class.....and have lunch afterwards.

The class was awesome....so I was super relaxed. Got to lunch with her.....and the negativity that flew from her side of table was extreme.

She is 50 years old.....has boyfriend who treats her like crap for 3 years.....I just asked....so why are you still with him? "Because I love him"....I wanted to throw up. To I am supposed to teach my children to be afraid of the world.....no, I believe this a good world we live in. (Seriously....do I want my kids to be afraid to leave the house) To me saying...."I may go to church tomorrow"......all religions are bad and a brand of brainwashing. No, at church I actually find inspiration and healing.

However, I found myself able to sit and listen. And not so much as disagreed with her....just was solid in what I believed and said very little. Just a comment here and there that I did not see things that way in my world. To I don't believe in God (which I understand).....but, what is my purpose.....I have no purpose....I should not even be here....(everyone is here for a reason.....even if they don't know what it is....and that is not a God thing to me....just I don't believe that my Mom and Dad randomly got together....randomly had sex one day....and boom I am here). If I believed all that.....I really should play the lotto more often.

I got home and my hubby was commenting on how I must have had a "great time" with her. I looked directly at him.....and said...."I am not spending anymore time with her".

I do know that tradgies happen all over the world every single day...they are sickening. But, for the most part....the world is good...or at least the one I choose to live in.

How can I ever feel that way.....when something as beautiful as MWO happened to me. I have fallen....I have struggled....fallen again. And I got sober with the help of good people all over the world.

I truly believe the reason I was able to sit with her negative....was because of the kindness I was shown here. I am more solid in my beliefs.....and I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. I believe this is a good world....

Sorry....long post.....anyone who survived it this long...well, I'll leave it at that

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

SF...thanks for shareing that day with us. You do sound really positive. :l

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Thumbs up, Sunflower!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

In the light of current events (around the world) I think we need to search for the goodness. It's out there but is often overshadowed by the evil doers.
                            I choose to be happy every day, my choice
                            I have removed a lot of negativity & will keep doing so as needed

Glad things are going well for you SF!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

30 AF Tuesday

Lav......I worked at a broadcast station....I learned quickly "what the news" was all about. I simply choose to not watch the news now. Much happier

My lunch buddy....was completely focused on the two bombers in Boston. And what a mother had to say. She was completely caugth off guard.....when I said....."I simply did not watch it"...it was a terrible thing....but, I know this happens everyday.....and I don't care to sit on the sidelines and watch it.

Comment

Working...
                              X