Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF May 1st

1st of May...white rabbits!!!

MAE everybody and how are we all today then?whats the scores on the doors?what have we all beeen up to?Moi I put the path in at the side of the greenhouse..job down now,just need to get a few more plants in it...weather lovely yesterday so was in the garden front and back most of the time...
    Wont be here early tomorrow..off out early..you noticed ,Im out more now that the weather is on the change.

Right orf we go ..tea n coffee available.

Morning ltlw ..how are you today? did you get to the gym yesterday?Yes you are right ..the weather is relative to where you live..you adapt to it. Its when unexpected or prolonged poor weather turns up, thats when it cheeses you off. I like Florida, ..not particularily the theme parks etc but moreso down the keys .

Morning Lav..wow temps mid 50s? Get that ground tilled and get planting..ideal temps without the plants getting scorched!Sounds like a shed full of "come in handy" items there!You on kid watch today?Here have this brew first!!

Hiya Kuya..np glad all is ok..Party time weekend eh?go for it girl!Whats yer lot of projects going on? any good ones or just must be dones?have a great evening

Mornin Pauly...hows you?present for you kick :moon: there you go an incentive for your get up and go!!

Mornin ppqp..glad your day has been better today...a snowstorm ?:egad::wow:..almost a distant memory now here!! yeh right..heres a coffee and have a great day

Wowee SF...well thats the biggest post I have ever seen you put up, and really interesting too.Some good points in there..you said that you had to shell out dosh because of a default payment and that you were glad that there was no liquor store on the way home...but what if there had of been? would the answer have been different?I agree you fool yourself with help from others that quitting will be really difficult..it isnt..on the proviso that you have a good strategy in place to cover all strands and eventualities and you are aware that at times you will crave drink.
    I think your religious beliefs or lack do not really affect your day to day life.The hows whys and what fors are irrespective to the fact that we are her in this guise for one shot only for a specified length of time.No rehearsal one time only...and yet I was one and probably still am to a much lesser degree of those people, because it went pear shaped for me once,and I nearly died, I was too busy worrying that it was going to happen again that I couldnt enjoy life.Had quite a discussion about that with someone who shall remain nameless but her signature sums it up ..get happy or die trying!!
    As you know from your media background bad news sells..human nature being what it is always wants the gory detail..how many times have you seen rubberneckers at the scene of an accident as you go by?
    It always intrigued me in the prison service, when people found outside of it found out, the first question would be "who have you got famous in your place?"in this case famous meant nastiest most reported in the media scumbag.
    I have also locked up and dealt with some really horrific and sadistic people whose crimes were incomprehensible...and yet they got fan mail from total strangers!! whats that about?
    Latest on I have seen is regards the Boston marathon..the random bombing and slaughter was bad enough, but I saw the other day that some sick bastard has made a computer game of it where the runners have to jump over pressure bombs!!!
    Lav has hit it in one ..there is so much crap you have to look for the good otherwise you would end up :nutso:
    Enjoyed that post!!

Hiya YAH ...wot you up to today then?

Right peeps as I say wont be here early doors I dont think tomorrow,but will jump in somewhere..have a great day

A woman is sitting on her couch when her husband bursts through the door and says, "Honey, I won the lottery. Pack your bags!"

The shocked wife says, "Where for? The lake or the mountain?"

He says, "I don't care, just get the heck out."

Little Nancy was in the garden filling in a hole when her neighbor peered over the fence. Interested in what the cheeky-faced youngster was doing, he politely asked, ?What are you up to there, Nancy??

?My goldfish died,? replied Nancy tearfully, without looking up, ?and I?ve just buried him.? The neighbor was concerned, ?That?s an awfully big hole for a goldfish isn?t it??

Nancy patted down the last heap of earth then replied, ?That?s because he?s inside your fucking cat.?

A guy asks a young blonde he?s just slept with, ?Am I the first guy you ever made love to??The blonde ashes out her cigarette and replies, ?You might be. Your face looks familiar.

A wealthy hospital benefactor was visiting the local hospital when during her tour of the floors she passed a room where a male patient was masturbating.
    ?Oh my GOD!? said the lady. ?That?s disgraceful, why is he doing that??
    The doctor that was leading the tour explained; ?I am sorry, but this man has a very serious condition in which the testicles rapidly fill with semen. If he doesn?t do that five times a day, they?ll explode and he will die within minutes.?
    ?Oh, that?s terrible,? said the lady.
    In the very next room they could see that a female nurse was giving a male patient a blow job.
    ?OH my GOD!? said the lady, ?How can that be justified??
    The doctor replied, ?Same illness, better health plan.?

Three couples?one elderly, one middle-aged, one young and newly wed?apply for membership in a church. The pastor informs them that the requirement for new parishioners is that they abstain from sex for two weeks. The couples agree and go their separate ways.
    After two weeks, they return. The pastor asks the elderly pair if they were able to abstain for two weeks. "No problem at all, Pastor," replies the old man.
    "Congratulations!" says the pastor. "Welcome to the church." He turns to the middle-aged couple and asks if they were able to abstain for two weeks. "It was difficult," replies the husband. "By the end of the second week, I had to sleep on the couch, but we did it."
    "Congratulations on overcoming temptation," says the pastor. "Welcome to the church." He then turns to the newlyweds and asks if they were able to abstain for two weeks.
    "At first it was no problem," says the husband. "But one day my wife was reaching for a can of corn on the top shelf, and she dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with lust and took advantage of her right there."
    "You understand, of course, that this means you will not be welcome in our church," says the pastor.
    "We know," says the young man. "We?re not welcome at the supermarket anymore either."

While making his rounds, a doctor points out an x-ray to a group of medical students.

?As you can see,? he says, ?the patient limps because his left fibula and tibia are radically arched.?

The doctor turns to one of the students and asks, ?What would you do in a case like this??

?Well,? ponders the student, ?I suppose I?d limp, too

job done!!
    URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/20130430173848.jpg/][/URL]

bottom panel needs replacing!!!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

AF May 1st

Mick- ur garden looks fantastic! I just planted some herbs myself, inside though. Gonna wait on the tomatoes, still too cold for them and I do not have space to keep them inside.

The flower show was at Keukenhof, by the way.

Okay so it's May 1st and I am ready to make a new goal: AF for May.
    I want to start with this goal. I think I am ready. I can do it. I may be lurking around here too much, so I will apologize in advance if I become annoying.
    June 1st we leave on holiday and I think it is smart to have a month AF as I really do not want to drink on our vacation. I do not want to waste it by having a headache, or bellyache, or not remembering stuff. And I know on vacation two glasses of wine will lead to more, we'll be on vacation- enjoy!
    I will use May to come up with alternative 'fun' drinks!
    Going to get some special teas today at the health store to get me started. I also have a lovely tea pot.
    And I really am giving up on the idea that Spring is here. I will keep making my winter meals and dressing like an eskimo. I had a long chat with a friend last night and she reminded my how long I lived in the Caribbean and that I have to give myself time to get used to this climate. And that I should prepare typical cuisine from here as that is what my body needs. It is a little bizarre as I get so cold during the day I have to get back into bed to warm up.
    Anyhow. I will just listen to my body (easier to hear when I don't drink by the way...)
    So, let me find some typical Dutch recipe to prepare.... oh, coffee anyone? Or perhaps tea?
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

AF May 1st

Hi there everyone - I have been so busy today - and now am really tired!
      I can't type another letter and need to get some sleep/relax time - will make up for my absence another day!
      Nite Nite:l

Comment

AF May 1st

You take a nice rest TT! :goodjob:

treetops;1499490 wrote: Hi there everyone - I have been so busy today - and now am really tired!
        I can't type another letter and need to get some sleep/relax time - will make up for my absence another day!
        Nite Nite:l

Comment

AF May 1st

Good morning Abbers & Happy May Day

Sunshine & warming up to the mid 70's today, nice.
          I am very busy with work this week but will definitely sneak in some outside time

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
          I am kid free for now. Not even sure but they may be here this evening for a while.
          Waiting for that tiller to be fixed, hope it won't be too long. I'm just glad that the mice took up residence in YB's garage this winter & not mine :H

Greetings TT, LTLW & PQ!

I hear that KUYA IS 8 MONTHS AF TODAY!!!!!! Awesome!!

Will check in later - have a great day everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF May 1st

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. I concur with LTLW, the garden looks great. I have a garden club meeting this evening, putting the final numbers into the budget and working out the logistics of the construction day.
            Did your mother ever say to you, get a good nights sleep, things will look better in the morning? Well it's true! Had a restful sleep and woke up alert and wide awake (sounds like my Dad :H) Say hi to the sparrow for me.

LTLW...ready for my second cuppa, thank you so much for offering. Sounds like you have a good plan in place, AF May, one day at a time. Lurk all you want but more important post, post, post. No advance apologies needed as I don't think anyone trying to stay sober is annoying.
            Saw a company on the news the other day that sell specialized teas. They were amazing, just made you want to have one right then and there. I'll see if I can source out the name for you. BTW, I think your second plan, listen to my body, will serve you well in the long run.

TT
            ...hope you're enjoying a restful sleep. Sounds like you can use it.

Lav
            ...isn't that always the way. Weather finally gets nice and you're up to your ears in chores. Good job on putting those little wee signs up pointing the way to YB's garage. :H

Going to get some breakie and read the jokes. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

AF May 1st

Porquoi : do let me know about those teas!

Nap time; it makes me stronger in the evening so won't feel guilty for being indulgent.

Comment

AF May 1st

MAE Fabbies!

Your garden is looking great, Mick! Love the greenhouse, as well. As for what I am doing today, I have an easy day at work, so I will be out in the garden this morning, getting in the broccoli, brussels sprouts, swiss chard, and I have to run by the garden center and find some kale, too. Will save the tomatoes and peppers for next week, if I can wait that long. Ummm, thanks for the cuppa; it hits the spot!

I think your goal of an AF May is very achievable, Winter. You have managed a very good number of AF days in March and April, so just a little extra effort will get you to the prize! We are all right here for you for support and to be your cheering section. Very good to be paying attention to your body and where you live now. After the Caribbean, damn near everywhere else is going to feel cold, right? You will adjust, but it might take another year or so.

It's good to hear you sounding so positive, SF. I can only stand so much "news" these days. It does help to do as Lav does and tune in to the positive. It is surely out there!

Rest up, TT!

PPQ, Glad you're feeling bright-eyed and bushy tailed!

LOL, Lav. Hope the tiller makes an appearance in a timely manner!

Tomorrow evening starts my farmy adventure. I will definitely be wearing gloves when collecting eggs; some of the hens are quite broody. I would never have had the initiative to go out and find something like this to do if I were drinking. I'd still be on the couch with a glass of wine or five and daydreaming. Doing is so much better than drinking.

Hugs to all and to all to come!

:l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF May 1st

Thanks for your words of encouragement!
                  I think I can do this, and am rather excited about it. Honestly, the days I do not drink are far better than the days that I did. So, it is really hard to say WHY I feel the need for it?
                  I am all bundled up like an eskimo, so be it. I will adjust. You are right. G night!

Comment

AF May 1st

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Really unsure about how/where to post...it's my birthday today...I have had double what everyone else had to drink...and they aint prudes...I am fat, unfit, anxious, compulsive and am strong for a busy family,,,,,,,,,help please anyone Mxx
                    :new:
                    Mayzay

Comment

AF May 1st

ps....am inspired by you guys bt so new and unsure...x
                      :new:
                      Mayzay

Comment

AF May 1st

Mayzay - where are you now? Are you safe? Get a big glass of water and drink it down.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

AF May 1st

:welcome: Mayzay I too hope you are safe.

You are more than welcome to stick around on the daily thread but you may also want to check out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html (just click on the name Newbies Nest to find your way)
                          as there are lots of people where you are at right now with lots of Senior Member support always available.

You should also read the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html while you're trying to work all this out.

Take it easy on yourself and know that you've come to a great place to sort this AL business out. Post wherever you want, there will be someone there to help.

Please keep posting here as we know you are ok ....PPQP

Comment

AF May 1st

Hey there wonderful world of abbers!

Mick....I don't know what got into me last night....however, whenever I type out a long post like that....I usually lose it

That said....IF there was a beer store on the way home. Well, beer is sold all over the place here....and I certainly could chose a route that has one. But, I chose to drive another way home that avoids all that. For me it is just nice to know.....that I no longer have to go "Yippee....I passed it and did not stop".

Mick...I also heard you on worrying that something would happen again....it almost was hard to enjoy life. I am working hard to live in the present....

Living in the past usually means you are full of regret. (Everyone does this). Living in the future ususally means you are living in fear....because no one can predict the future. These are stolen thoughts....and when I find myself going in either direction....it is a danger signal to me. Just right now is all that matters.

Lav....seeking the good can be exhausting....if you have been exposed to negative. So I avoid negative....and all I really see is good. I did not watch one single episode of news on the Boston thing. How could I....I don't watch the news. I am made aware of it.....but, I chose not to engage in it. It is terrible and awful.....is there anything I am going to do about it....than other feel awful and terrible...no.

The last city I lived in....was extremely negative in nature. Actually.....my whole life was built around "if I did not have bad luck, I would not have any luck at all". My new city is extremely positive in nature...it is wild to see that within the same country....how different areas of the country can be. My manager is from my prior city....and we have some long talks about the differences. And quite frankly....he has been key in me changing my outlook on life.

Learning....I love that you are going to commit to May. I would look at it as a fun adventure. What can I do sober? How can I feel sober? And if at the end of May sober does not look better....you are not bound and held to it.

I don't know why.....but, a thought that runs through me often....."sober is so much better". Its almost my mantra.

Last thing I will say about my lunch date.....she honestly looked at me and asked me "what would I do if I was kidnapped and killed"....I answered her "I would do nothing".....she was all upset....I just said...."based on what you said....I would be dead....so what could I do?" And if that happens....so be it....I will try to avoid it....but, I can not predict the future now can I.

Comment

AF May 1st

Holy cow SF, lunching with a chronic depressive would turn me off as well
                              I'm all about creating a positive zone around me these days - better for my overall health & outlook

YahYah, I wish you tons of fun & good luck animal sitting!!! Sounds like quite an experience.
                              I have had plenty of broody hens but never had one try to hurt me. They make a bit of a racket when you (gently) shove them out of the nest box to collect eggs. I always tell them 'go out & get some fresh air' :H
                              The rooster was the only one who ever bothered me. I called him 'SOB' for a very good reason :H

Mayzay, I hope to see you in the Newbies Nest! Time to get a good plan together, OK?

PQ, there must be some very intelligent mice around here - they just automatically knew where to take up residence & what to spend the winter chewing on!!!

Have a great night one & all.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X