Topamax in Atlant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax in Atlant

Does anyone know a doctor in Atlanta who might support MWO in prescribing Topamax to help me over the cravings....

Topamax in Atlant

Twice:

I am not in Atlanta but when I went to my doctor, I took the book and some news articles from the Internet about Topa and alcohol. I even took the reprint from the medical journal that conducted the original test with Topamax. I did not trust myself to adequately describe the program and it's success. My doctor did not prescribe Topa that day but asked if she could look all the material over and get back to me and that's exactly what she did. She called me two weeks later and gave me the prescription. She felt better about it and actually so did I. Sure, I would have loved to have been able to walk out of there with the prescription in hand that day, but when I finally got it, I felt like I had a qualified second opinion AND, I had someone who was really on my side and was willing to work with me on dosage and possible side effects. I feel like I can call her anytime and she will be available to talk to me about what is going on. This is still relatively new stuff to some doctors and I think they appreciate patients who can help them with some upfront info instead of just taking a leap of faith and hoping they don't lose their licenses by prescibing meds for off labels uses.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

Twice

Thanks so much for the advice and I think I will give it a try.

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

Twice

Hey, Where did you get the reprint of the Texas article?

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

Hi Twice, I'm outside of Atlanta and found a doctor in Winder (between Atlanta and Athens). I'd gone to him before so he did consider me a former patient..he had no problem with prescribing it. You could try him. I did provide him with all of the above as well.
          Let me know if you are interested and I will give you his name. I did have a doctor in Athens who wouldn't give it to me.
          d

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

Very interested in contacting him.

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

At the very top of this page click on HOME. Then go to the Frequently asked Questions on the Left hand side. Down about half way in the middle of the page you will see a link to the Lancet Medical Journel. It's for doctors by doctors. Also helpful on the Home page, go to Research, then to the Link about doctor Linda Garcia and her work with Topamax. Just look around on the home page. There are other links to news articles that you may want to print and take. Best of luck!
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Topamax in Atlant

I live in Gwinnett County and working with my doctor to prescribe it. He first prescribe campral but that didn't do help at all, then when I got the material from mwo it mentions that campral is if you already quit. My doctor called me back yesterday, he was hesitant to prescribe it, but said he would, however, when I went to pick it up from the pharmacy it wasn't there. I don't know if he called in it later or not. I will let you know if he does. I printed 3 article on topamax for drinking and faxed it to him this morning. If he doesn't prescribe it I will order online.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X