Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderate May!

Happy May to everyone!
    We woke up to snow here...YES, again! But spring is coming, I feel it in my bones.

I have so much enjoyed getting to know everyone in the LT Moderators Board. Keep on posting, you guys. I need you!

Moderate May!

Happy May Day! Anyone here old enough to remember delivering May baskets to our friends?

Thanks for starting us off, NNG. We need you too! Yuck! Snow! It will disappear quickly, I'm sure.

Am plugging away. Exercise is going well; diet not as well; drinking ok, much better than before I started back checking in. Tonite we are joining friends for their last night here, back to midwest they go. 2 Dinners for $30; bottle of wine for $15. Tomorrow night we take them to airport. Sunday is a huge Cinco de Mayo party complete with Cervesa and margueritas. Then.............

Monday, May 6th plan to do a 3 day cleanse, stay AF until the weekend. Anyone else care to share May plan?

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Moderate May!

May we moderate or abstain with success this month!

Thanks for starting the thread no name.

Oh TMH, you make me laugh. :H Life is one big party and you are living the dream. Just keep working the "all things in moderation" thinking and drink, and enjoy... but count, and you'll be fine.

I am busy into creating new healthy recipes with my new cookware and just staying busy with events the teens are doing. It's always nice when school ends and some of the business dissipates.

I miss DfromCT and hope he is doing well. Also need a Stewarts fix. Hope my friend Lila is doing well as well as so many others, long time modders and new.

Let's have a successful May. Maybe I'll look for some old inspiring threads to bump up to get everyone motivated.

:l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Moderate May!

Hi all,

Spring has arrived in England at long last, my cherry blossom tree has finally blossomed. it's usually end March when it comes out.

May is going to be my record month for modding I hope and consolidating, hope you all hit your targets. New job is going well and there's even a mention of a staff job coming up, it's so easy to concentrate on work when you're hangover free.

Lash the Bash
        except not bashing so much but gardening :H
        It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Moderate May!

Hi, all,
          TMH, I do remember delivering May baskets to friends. I also remember putting a basket of flowers on someone's doorknob, ringing the bell and running away.

I had intended to be able to put down in DrinkTracker zero drinks for May 1.... but ended up having two glasses of wine. Feels disappointing to have not followed through on the very first day of the month. HOWEVER, today is another day, and I am learning. Last night my trigger was a migraine (and yes, wine DOES help the pain but I am not going to use the "for medicinal purposes only" excuse.) My goal is to have no more than two glasses of wine no more than three nights a week.

One goal I would really like to work on this month is to laugh more. I know it is good for me, and I have a happy life... shouldn't be hard to find things to laugh about. I love the good hard belly laughs, but get them all too seldom. I'll start by putting my favorite smilie guy.... ready?
          :alf::alf::alf::alf::alf::alf:
          He just makes me laugh. Have a really good day, everybody!

Comment

Moderate May!

Been an odd few days. Yesterday a.m. finally shared with dh that I was experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness almost to the point of passing out. It was not unfamiliar. Have experienced this before and googled can dehydration cause dizziness? Well, heck ya!!! So spent all day downing the water. We don't make coffee much anymore so I got in the bad habit of substituting Diet Coke (to get my caffeine) for water out playing golf. I never think I sweat very much, but let's see - FL vs MN. Probably do sweat a bit more. :huh: Admittedly, the one extra drink that friend chose to buy almost everybody the other night due to a record sales month...well, sure 2 drinks, then wine at dinner contributed strongly to dehydration factor. :hitme:

Thought you all might find it interesting that the 3 Day Jumpstart Cleanse (from Dr. Oz show) that I plan to do includes L-Glutamine taken 3X/day at lunchtime. And now I wonder if the times I blamed Kadzu for dizziness, it may have been due to dehydration instead. ?

NNG - have you had some good belly laughs? :laughmonkey: They do feel good!

Hope you all have nice weekend plans. We are on baby watch, 7th grandchild due anytime.

TMH

Comment

Moderate May!

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

TMH, yes, I've enjoyed a few really good belly laughs yesterday.... a true gift. My husband and I have had dinner with the same couple every Saturday evening for the past 20 years (almost without exception - there's something twisted about us and our ruts ) and the great thing is this is a couple who are non-drinkers. Anyway, once in awhile we really spend the whole time just laughing... this time the waitress even joked that we had had too much diet Coke.

Hubby and I had a lovely long walk in beautiful sunshine, and this afternoon I am going to see the local community theater production of "Footloose." I would have to say life is pretty good right at the minute.

So, this brings me to mention something that might be a bit controversial. This past winter when I was doing the AF thing, and REALLY working it, I was also struggling with some pretty deep depression. I had been treated for it in the past, and know what this was, but really did not want to use anti-depressants. I had a heart to heart with my doc, and she actually said that if I thought I could control it, she would have no problem with me "self-medicating" my depression by having a glass or two of wine once in awhile. It seems to have worked for me. I would never never suggest that this would be a good tactic for everyone... each of us is so different, and each of us is in a different place on our paths. But for me, a glass or two of wine once in awhile makes me feel better. I am working with a counselor to guide me on this, and also picked up the book that someone here suggested "Controlling Your Drinking", which I am using faithfully. So, I am so very glad to be in a position to say that moderation is really working for me. Whew. And I will also promise to tell you when/if it stops working.

Thanks to each of you for being here. I Love You Guys!:h:l

Comment

Moderate May!

Just glanced at what I wrote, 3X/day at lunchtime? Say what? Meant to say L-Glut taken 3X during cleanse, 1X/day at lunch. Had a lunch, no L-Glut.

Today is Day 1. Detoxing from sugar, caffeine, alcohol. Doesn't feel very good; sure tomorrow will be better. Craving? Heck ya. For Diet Coke.

You sound very happy, NNG, and in a good place.

Off to down more water!

TMH

Comment

Moderate May!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!
                  So, here's the belly laugh for the day... this morning was the first time our automatic sprinklers came on this season. Our little Scottish terrier, who is still a puppy, had obviously forgotten from last fall what these thingies spraying water were - and if you know Scotties, you know they have a terrible mouth on them. This puppy knows more swear words than I do! By the time she was done swearing at the sprinkler, she was completely soaked. Ah, well.

TMH, I am joining you on the detoxing from sugar and alcohol. I finished my bag of M&Ms yesterday and won't buy anymore, and I really am not happy with myself for having to log onto DrinkTracker two glasses of wine again last night. SO, I am going to take a week off. Can't do the coffee thing yet, though. Maybe later. BUT, I am telling you all about the week off from AL so that I will keep myself honest. If I just think it in my head it ain't gonna happen.

Have a lovely day, my friends. And speaking of, Lasha, where are you?

Comment

Moderate May!

Hello fellow modders! Moderation going very well for me this week....last week wasn't so great as I was on vacation and that is always going to be my biggest trigger to over do it. I am home now and back on track. Had two beers last night and they took me over two hours to finish. Just a few short months ago I would have finished the first two within 30-45 minutes. Trying to be mindful to drink water at the same time. I gave up soda in December so I pretty much drink my weight in water everyday!

To Nonamegirl....I understand the self medicating. I also suffer from anxiety and depression and I have tried to take several anti-depressants but they all cause my platelets to drop dramatically and I end up bruised all over....like hundreds of bruises in all places. Doctor really didn't want me to continue with the meds. I feel at the end of the day having just one or two drinks seems stop my constant obsessing and worry over everything in life, even for just a short while. I can't ever seem to be able to stop the anxious thoughts in my head and just a little break from it everyday really helps. I am amazed how easily I can stop drinking once I started now though.

To Tomyhealth....kudzu made me dizzy too! I had to quit taking it...I thought it was helping but for some reason I felt light-headed all the time and I couldn't handle that!

Hope moderation is going well for everyone! Have a beautiful Wednesday! Beautiful weather here in Dallas....would love to be out doing something but waiting for cable company....grrrrrr.....

Comment

Moderate May!

Quick c/i here. I ended up scrapping the 3 Day Cleanse. I felt awful! It was a major struggle to climb in and out of golf cart yesterday. I could have put my head down on steering wheel and just slept as got no more than couple hrs sleep the night before. Had terrible headache until this a.m. Yes, I fixed it with caffeine. The good news is still off alcohol and sugar. 1 out of 3 t'ain't bad.

Good luck, NNG with the week off. You can do it! I plan to do a blood check this Friday per my internist's request. Will be interesting to see what it reads after cutting way down, and then choosing some AF days before. Would very much love to get in the habit like Eve and several here where none all week, and limit to 2-3 on weekends.. I am going to start with Mon, Wed, Thur AF.

Texas - hope you can get outdoors soon. Don't you hate having to wait for service people? We here in FL are enjoying beautiful, springlike weather. No AC on, lanai doors wide open. Lovely.

TMH

Comment

Moderate May!

Need a little help from my friends

Hi friends,
                        My recent post in General Discussion will explain my lack of posting lately. Would appreciate any words of wisdom or hugs. I am hearbroken right now.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ncy-76829.html

:l
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Moderate May!

Eve, my friend,
                          I am so very sorry for what you are going through right now. I posted a response on the other thread, but I wish I could just reach through the computer to give you a hug. Stay strong. As you know, this is not the end of the world though it must in fact feel as if it might be. YOU CAN DO THIS. Whatever your son and the mother decide, your loving support is going to be all you can offer. You can't change what has happened, so try to not fixate on what can't be fixed. :l

TMH, I tried to give up coffee and simply was devastated by the headaches. (I get migraines, too, and these were close.) I have heard from both sides of the aisle, that caffeine is bad for you, and that it is a good healthy tonic. I choose to believe the latter.

And so, Texas, do I feel about our moderate use of alcohol to treat depression. IF we can control it rather than have it control us, it is a very reasonable medication. AL has been used as a medication for as long as humans have known how to make it. Our problem is, as is true of all medications... because a little is good doesn't mean that more is better. Dang it!

Last night was my husband's company's "Employee Appreciation Dinner". Steaks, beer, wine, etc. The only problem was they didn't have enough (well, ANY) diet Coke. But, I enjoyed the bottled water, knew that I was being true to my promise, and drove home happy to not have had any alcohol.

Comment

Moderate May!

Eve, I am so sorry you have to go through this. You and your son. Can understand that you feel heartbroken. IMO, you are right on about their not getting married. I was pregnant when I got married at 18, had baby at 19, another at 21, and by the age of 25 I/we changed so much. The marriage did not work out. Today we share 5 wonderful grandchildren, but that doesn't discount a lot of the pain and heartache that we all (parents & kids) went through.

Admire your courage to come on here and ask for advice. I'll be praying for you, my friend. Will pray God gives you strength and wisdom.

TMH

Comment

Moderate May!

Hi NNG, TMH, Eve, Texas and everyone else,

Eve, So sorry to hear about your boy and I agree he is far too young to be a father, it must be a worrying time.

I'm going through a difficult time myself and have gone off the rails a bit.
                              My wife after years of denial was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic and agreed to take medication, just one small pill everyday the mildest amount you can take. But now she has decided to stop taking her medication because she read on the internet it rots your brain. Now her personality has completely changed and she's slowly going back to her old traits.

It's depressing and her mental nurse is coming tomorrow to try and persuade her to take them, so just have to hope for the best or she may end up back in the mental home where they will inject her.
                              WHY WHY WHY is this happening, she's been fine for years.
                              It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Working...
                              X