2 May AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 May AF

Hola tout le monde. How is that for mixing things up?
    Just waking up, kinda late, and was actually thinking it was Monday!
    Coffee anyone?
    A bowl of dog food to go along with it for some? Cannot forget our furry companions.

First thoughts this morning: 'ah good, no drinking so don't want to think about that! should i, shouldn't i?' exercise and get that painting planned are on the agenda, geen wijn (no wine).

ah. how is everyone today?
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

2 May AF

Guys- need some advice about the sugar craving.
    I saw someone post a supplement? I bought some new sugar substitute last night & made an apple cobbler, but I do not want to end up weighing 299 pounds.
    I have eaten 1/2 a bag of mini candy bars in a week- need some help folks!

Comment

2 May AF

Evening here Abberoos!! Hola LTLW or should I say Buenas Noches? Thanks for kick starting us although at my rate you could be tucking me in bed. Decafe at this time of the night please.

I am buggered as usual (not literally) as its the end of the day here and its been full on at work, also daughter came to my office this afternoon very tired after a birthday sleepover. The new kitchen is looking brilliant - as its red but still bits to do and the electricity is not connected there yet.
      So a red and sober kitchen is coming to life! So is my bank balance as this is proving to be quite an outlay.

How?s everyone? Welcome Mayzay. Another Scottish lass joining us? Mick is right however that you need to decide what you want to do ? kick the booze for good? Whatever, we are here to help and the Newbies is a great place to dip your toes.

Hi there SF, Kuya, Lav, YahYah, Siren, PPQP. I have a different take on the bad news thing. Part of my teaching and research deals with pretty painful stuff and I don?t avoid this. Today we were looking at genocide, death camps ? that kind of thing. Its bloody horrible ? but I try to show the human spirit that comes through this. As well as try to analyse the bigger picture. End of lecture tonight!

But your lunch SF ? sounded pretty unpalatable. I mean what can you do if you are kidnapped and killed? We can take precautions and weigh up the odds but sometimes that?s it.

Anyway ? change of subject. Looks like we have some dog people here. LTLW, Kuya ? who else? Mick?s got his bunnies and his chutney, Lav has her chickens and I have my nervous cat, Eddy. And the birds. Oh hellz ? back to risk, again.

Time to relax but I might pop in later. Seize the day guys and celebrate your sobriety!! See what the colour red does to me ?? (inside joke about famous drunk and artist Mark Rothko).

Comment

2 May AF

LTLW - sugar cravings???
        Is this just from stopping AL or
        is it because of other things - do you think?
        eg hungry, bored, anxious, or
        pre-menstrual, post-menstrual, menstrual or
        dietary?
        I know some folk here use L-Glutamine to help with sugar cravings (I think Cat really recommends this); Kuya uses Splenda as a sugar subs.
        I like to really chew - so I use sugarfree gum a lot, and munch on apples, lowfat crackers, a few nuts. I find that if i don't start eating sugary things - I tend not to want them - as long as I am getting enough fllling food (including protein) and lots of drinks. I like a few bits of chocolate late at night and quite often have a large-ish scoop of icecream (not a bucket!!) in the evenings as a treat.
        Oil-less Popcorn (just do it in the microwave) is a goodie if you want nibbles - as its not sugary.
        as for AF drinks - I think we all have our faves and little rituals. I am a lime or lemon/soda fan and I also have a diet coke most days. I confess I drink more caffeine since stopping AL - thats partly because I don't get a sore stomach or indigestion anymore - as I did when I was consuming all of New Zealand's yearly production of fermented grapes.

I bet however that if you put on weight it will come off soon enough. You must have sweat a lot in the Carribbean - so that makes a difference too.
        Take care :h

Comment

2 May AF

I think it is the lack of sugar in the wine TT.
          I NEVER eat candy.
          I looked for the L-Glutamine, but haven't found it yet. Maybe I go to the center to a bigger shop today. I think maybe i need to limit the carbs, this leads to cravings as well. We eat a fair amount of bread and cheese here. Funny you mention the popcorn, I love popcorn. There is only one variety of microwave here for some bizarre reason? And it is way too salty, so I pop it on the stove in oil. I will try and pickup an air popper when in the US. Those machines make great low calorie popcorn.

I just discovered I can scroll down and see everyone's posts. Duh! I kept thinking 'how in the hell can people remember exactly who said what and reply as they do?' Good grief, I guess I am newer at this than I thought!

Thanks for your reply TT!

Comment

2 May AF

Changed my profile picture in hopes it will motivate me to be more productive.
            I will update again May 28 or 29 and hopefully it will have changed a lot!
            Also note, I was AF 4 more days in April than March. (I am writing this more as a reminder for myself than anything to prove to myself I can do this!) Strength to us all and maybe a bit more coffee??

Comment

2 May AF

Hi all,

I'm definitely a dog person, though I do have a cat (who thinks she's a dog) and 5 birds in my little menagerie.

Microwave popcorn isn't supposed to be good for you - some chemical in the bag. I pop mine on the stove, too. Instead of doing mine in oil, I use butter - 1 TBS or so per serving. I fine that the hint of butter flavor if just right on each piece and you end up using less butter than if you drizzle it over top. Plus you don't end up with soggy popcorn.

I seriously need an intervention for all the cheese I have been eating. I have almost the same thought process with cheese that I used to with AL. I'm not exaggerating - I'm finding myself trying to 'moderate' my cheese intake. I'm just going to have to get rid of cheese altogether until I'm back down to the size I want to be.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

2 May AF

Good morning Abbers

Some nice weather has arrived & I am grateful!

LTLW, L-Glutamine helped me with those crazy sugar cravings in the beginning but I couldn't take it too long, it caused me some digestive upsets
                I don't use any type of artificial sweetners. For me the best thing is to be sure I am getting plenty of protein & fiber to keep myself feeling full & less likely to snack.

Greetings to TT, Siren & everyone. I have lots to do today including feeding son & his family dinner tonight. Guess I need to figure out what we're eating

Have a great day!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

2 May AF

Lavande: thanks for your post- describes my situ just now; cravings and then snacking like a little monkey. Nibble, nibble, nibble... all day long! The protein is a bit tricky as I really do not enjoy meat or fish that much. I am not a vegetarian, as I know I have to eat it at least once a week, but honestly I find it kind of digesting. Ick. Maybe because I am such an animal person? Part of it I imagine. I think I just have to keep myself in check as much as possible. And if I am naughty, well so be it. The gym helps me a lot too.

Siren: good tip on popping of zee popcorn! Will try it
                  Just a couple more things to sort out and then will get back to my plan of attack for the new painting. Gotta have a good plan at the start to have a nice finish.

Comment

2 May AF

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee, much needed this morning as the meeting went for 2 1/2 hours last night, but we did accomplish alot! Thanks, but I'll pass on the dog food. No furry friends for me, except the univited mouse, not feeding him. "I just discovered I can scroll down and see everyone's posts" :H :H You've done pretty darn good not knowing that little trick! Here's another one, if you open MWO twice, you don't have to scroll all the time, you can just click back and forth between the windows. Just remember which one you're posting on.

TT...your red & sober kitchen might have to make an appearance on the thread me thinks Sounds like you've been having a few busy days lately. Hope you had a relaxing evening.

Siren
                    ...morning to you. I'm right there with you with the cheese addiction. I have always loved cheese. I found that over time all the cravings have settled down. Have a good one.

Lav
                    ...full day for you as usual. Hardest part of putting on dinner is figuring out what to have. I have trouble with that everyday, even without guests. Enjoy your day.

Mick
                    ...saw you popped onto yesterdays thread to say hi, so hi back. You're probably having lunch by now so will check back to see if any "short" jokes have appeared, as you'll be on your phone.

:hallo: to all who haven't checked in yet or for awhile...you are missed. Have a great AF Thursday all....PPQP

Comment

2 May AF

LTLW...here's a thread you might want to have a look at https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ead+of+alcohol

Comment

2 May AF

Thanks porquoi!

Comment

2 May AF

okay- gonna stop working soon... posted today progress (drawing study for painting) below...

Comment

2 May AF

Looks great Winter. Keep at it!

Comment

2 May AF

Thanks TT- painting takes a long time, so I need to have a plan where I w?nt to take it. I did fine today, just had a little ice cream & apple cake- not a lot though. Hope ur fine too!

Comment

Working...
                              X