Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 5 May

Morning Abbsters!
    can't sleep - its not because of sexy dreams or black beans or chicken poo but it may have to do with staying up too late last night in front of the screen. I blame MWO - this time. Absolutely. I got hooked on reading some of the other threads and my mind just can't get around some of the ways us alkies try to kid ourselves that we can play the liquor game. Oh man, I just don't want to go back to that - you know - the on/off thing - stop/start etc etc. Yet it was only this time last year that I was doing my version of this...
    I really do not find reading MWO late at night good for relaxation - or any web page. So from now its back to print for pre-sleep wind-down for this old lady.

Mick - Sat night where you are and I guess you are getting reading for your Sunday expedition. Bet you are enjoying the lighter mornings. I love your upbeat posts - even when you are having a rough time (at least I think you are - you must be)

LTLW - how has Saturday been for you? Good walk?

Cindi - don't worry about the chickens - Lav gives good advice on this. People who raise free range chickens here don't use hormones or anything like that. If its too much hassle - don't do it.

Ah the sexy dreams Kuya! Don't agonise on the lack of fit (excuse pun) between your pillow life and your waking realities or wishes. I think thats healthy - and at least it shows that your mind and body is in good shape. Dreams are powerful things but I don't think we should over-analyse them. One of the most recurring series of dreams I have are about my Mum. Although they can be painful they are a way I can keep her alive and remember her. I just have to remind myself that they are dreams and don't always represent what she was like.

PPQP - you need a GPS system in your car that warns you when you are slowing down near a liquor store. It should then play stern warnings and maybe the car should be disabled in a very inconvenient spot. Not sure what comes next though....

Lav - hope you feel better today after your exertions. How's the chilling out - SF?

Welcome back Det. And welcome to all others who pop in today.

Here's some tea - coffee will be next. I fear I will be tired later today because of the lack of sleep but we will see.
    :thumbs:

af Sunday 5 May

Mae, all.

Really long post just lost - I think I'm too tired to type well, and my keyboard has a virus.

I'm fine, missed you guys, but needed some time to focus without distraction on mess #3: the financial backlog. I'm getting myself righted once again, but it will take months (refinancing, asset splitting, forensic accounting, budgeting, etc). So I just took my nights to do it, no excuses. It's exhausting but necessary.

I hope everyone is on track. LTLW, I saw your post about wanting to drink. I have that feeling too, sometimes, we're all recovering together. You can get through it, and don't feel bad if you feel it. Just comes, you know.

Most recent pic to share: (I'm the one on the right)

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

Trying that picture again.....

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

morning all quick post..on my phone hows you all...Cat nice pic you look very nice
        cya all later:l
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

was it a themed party Cat?

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

Good morning Abbers!

Early Sunday morning here in the US & lots of coffee on hand!

TT, I have to agree with you about creating some wind down time before bedtine. I decided last week that I am no longer going to be answering phone calls from my sister-in-law. She calls only to dump bad news on me about my brother's deteriorating health. There is nothing I can do to help him & she doesn't want any advice from me. Between that & the melatonin I often use at night I end up having some extremely bizarre dreams
            I am watching out for my own health & wefare these days - I have to, no one else will

Wow Cat - nice pic!!!
            Working on finances is draining but something I need to pay more attention to myself. Good luck with all that!

Mick, out & about - hope you have a good day!

I will be spending more time outside pulling weeds & getting ready for all that mulch. This is way too much work for one granny, Wish the grandkids were big enough to help out a bit :H

SF, I hope you had a quiet & relaxing day yesterday. I'm going to schedule one of those for myself, one of these days!

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

Morning from SE USA.

A quiet morning so far here. More rain in the forecast so gardening is not on my agenda today.

Mom's home's Cinco De Mayo is today. Hubby still grumbling but once I get him there, he is amazingly good with mom. He is a better care giver than I am in many ways.

Glad to see Det is back.

Still mulling over the chickens. We eat a lot of eggs and I love fresh ones best. I used to get them in Germany from a neighbor. Even in the grocery stores there, they do not wash them off. It took a bit of getting used to but they told me they stay fresher longer since you don't wash off the protective covering.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

fkajdklfjadslkjfkldjklfjdlkljkaf DAMN. Another lost post. Got to get IT to look at my computer.

TT, it was a James Bond themed party. It was really fun, and a great excuse to get dressed up and sexy for the women.

Lav, I'm sorry your SIL is so draining. It is amazing to me how much more aware I am of health, bad energy, bad vibes, negative people. It all has to go to keep this gift of our new lives. For me, sobriety is just the beginiing. I'm adding reliable professional, good housekeeping, great mom, good neighbor. None of these were true when I was drinking. How could we let them go? How crazy would that be. I want to join you on "Positive outlook!"

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

I think everyone should take a look at this blog. Makes me smile & helps keep me in the positive zone
                  Positive Outlooks Blog
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

Hi to all.....Monday here.......Sunday got away on me as still a little under the weather but feel better today.

Nice pic Cat you look so well.

TT ..... Yeah you are right...just interesting to have a couple the same.

Lav...aren't family the best and the worst? Yesterday I spent some really good quality time with my middle son but it can be so unpredictable and is often draining as he is very insecure.

Birthday coming up so lots of outings planned, also it is Mother's Day on Sunday so the kids have a surprise planned.

Right orf to work

Comment

af Sunday 5 May

SF...and how are you? recovered yet?Do you know you have progressed so much recently?..at the risk of being rude and upsetting you, you really have changed the record!!Your posts in the early days used to reflect so much negativity..but now they are absolutely spot on full of positive.Not once in your post do you mention booze, and yet previously your whole post would be based around al..bad grammar that you ,you! but seriously well done

I don't know how to copy and put it in the blue box like everyone else does! You could never offend me....bad grammar?.....I've been called worse Thanks for noticing I got better at it.

I really think for years my mind was mush.....so full of indecision. I could not really put a whole thought together...in my brain...much less type it.

Watched a ton of bad TV on Saturday, while it poured outside. Today....I woke up and just knew I could not do another day of that! With the move....I still have piles of crap.....which now have been totally knocked out.

However, I was feeling all this stress in my back....too much iced tea (aka caffeine). Headed off to a 5pm yoga class.. and feel amazing. I need to got to this class weekly....as I found it de-stressing me....before my stressful work week.

Computer is acting wonky....it will be amazing....if this actually gets posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X