AF Monday May 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Monday May 6

Greetings from Romania, FABbers! It has been incredible to venture about on this side of the pond....and the best part of my travels is that I was able to meet the marvelous Shue!

Shue, as many of you remember, is our lovely friend who is originally from Romania. She met me in Bucharest Sunday where she travelled to celebrate Orthodox Easter with her family. Who would've ever thought that beating addiction would bring such incredible connections and friendships from all over the world? And - what a thrill to actually meet one of my friends face-to-face! I have so much to feel grateful for....

Eastern Europe is incredibly beautiful and intriguing. And the weather has been warm and wonderful. I have taken thousands of pictures and am just starting to organize. Here is a link to some of the shots I've uploaded to photobucket - with many, many, many more to be added - at some point.

Turnagain's Euro Adventure

Tomorrow, we begin our loooooong journey back home. And....once I've recovered from jet-lagged it will be back to being one of the last - rather than first to post, eh?

It's so good to be normal again....and experiencing every moment of life without being trapped by an addiction....

La Reverdere...Shue....Romania...and all the rest of you fablers not so near...yet not so far!
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

AF Monday May 6

Morning everybody hope all is well....now then tea and coffee on the go for one and all ..turn heres one for you seeing you are awake n kicking now.Now then, Iaint going on this morning...I believe this start n thread belongs to Turn and Shue..what an absolute brill photo of you two, that album is good too ..get some more piccies in it Turn.Yes you are right...there has been good come out of the al addiction too...friendships and acquaintances been made ,people all over the place united in one common theme .Turn did you tell Shuesie to get her butt back on the forum?
    Will put some jokes up after ,but in the meantime..if it applies have a great May bank holiday...thank you for sharing Turn
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Monday May 6

Morning guys- pretty exciting stuff I see here this morning, nice!
      Time for coffee. I have some busy days ahead the next few weeks.
      A good busy! Will check In later - need coffee- anyone want to join?
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

AF Monday May 6

evening all - its Monday night. Really cool Turnagain that you met Shue. But the pics were removed when I went to look.

Sorry guys but I am having a very bad evening. I am being dumped on at work and at home. Just had a weep. Its my own fault - I take on these roles. I hate it when we argue at home but I can't express a strong view without my partner accusing me of raising my voice or being unreasonable. And worst of all - I feel he sides with our daughter. He doesn't back me up and we are not talking about even major stuff here. Everything is OK if I just let stuff ride, put out the food, clean up, do the washing etc, get back to my academic work and stay in my study, go through the motions etc etc.
        One of the ways I used to cope was by drinking through this. I could let stuff ride especially at home as long as I had some wine. :upset: At the moment I am angry, upset and I want to shout and talk about things without bottling it in.
        Don't worry I am not going to drink and I don't even want to. I am assuming responsibility for how I handle these situations especially at home but I wish I didn't have to pretend everything is OK when its not. :upset:

Comment

AF Monday May 6

Hi to you Turn, lovely photos and yes, get SHUE back here at least to say hi.

TT.....this is the part of relationships that I do not miss! Even now the shift in dynamics with my daughter when the family visit always stresses me out.

I think you have to be firm, you are sober now, you have changed and the old dynamic MUST change also.

Too often women wear their knickers over their tights, so to speak and alcohol abuse is the common result........look at the stories of the women here!

One of the reasons I think I will remain alone is the inability to make the compromise necessary.
          Try to stop doing it all TT, at least some of the time. Let them shop and cook and clean in fair proportion, eat out yourself if need be......... hunger is a great motivator ! :H:H

Comment

AF Monday May 6

MAE ALL...

Turn...thanks for kicking us off. Had to take a second look to make sure I was on the right thread. :H The pic's are fabulous and thanks for finding Shue safe and sound. There are quite a few people on here I'd love to meet in person.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. A little desperate here as I forgot to pick up coffee when I was out yesterday. May have to go to work even earlier than I'd planned. How is you today? Able to to get out into the garden after your early out yesterday? Don't make me go into joke withdrawl. :H

LTLW...morning and yes I'll take any coffee you have. Although your post was short it was long on positivity. You just sound more upbeat these days. Remember to take time for yourself with the busy week coming up.

TT
            ...let's start with :l Raising your voice, being unreasonable and I would get you keep repeating yourself. My response, that's because you may be listening but you're not hearing me! You are absolutely right about getting it out and in case you need it https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/a-42370.html

KY
            ...great minds think alike. I too am not willing to compromise anymore. I am being selfish but I still find it hard not to give in and just make sure everyone else is ok.

SF
            ...you make me laugh. The blue box appears when you hit the "quote" button at the bottom of someone's post. It then gets pasted into the "Post Reply" screen. As long as you keep the first and last "[Quote]" you can delete all but the part you want to show. Give it a try, you'll get the hang of it. Then you can move onto "Multi-Quote" :H

Arrgg...finished my one and only cup of coffee, and it really tasted good. Will have to have a tea for my second cuppa, just won't be the same. Temps heading to 25 today, can't wait. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

AF Monday May 6

keep your chin up tt..aint even oing to go into relationships..messed a few up along the way!!

ppqp..here you go

A man is in a hotel lobby. As he turns to go to the front desk, he accidentally bumps into a woman beside him and as he does, his elbow goes into her breast.

They are both quite startled. The man turns to her and says, "Ma'am, if your heart is as soft as your breast, I know you'll forgive me."

She replies, "if your penis is as hard as your elbow, I'm in room 1221."

A man enters the hospital for a circumcision. When he comes to after the procedure, he?s perturbed to see several doctors standing around his bed.
              ?Son, there?s been a bit of a mix-up,? admits the surgeon. ?I?m afraid there was an accident, and we were forced to perform a sex-change operation. You now have a vagina instead of a penis.?
              ?What!? gasps the patient. ?You mean I?ll never experience another erection??
              ?Oh, you might,? the surgeon reassures him. ?Just not yours.?

An Amish woman is driving her horse and buggy down the road when she gets pulled over.
              "You have a broken reflector on your buggy," the cop says, "but more important, one of your reins is looped around your horse?s balls. That?s cruelty to animals. Have your husband take care of that right away!"
              Later that day, the woman tells her husband, "A policeman pulled me over today for two reasons. First, he said the reflector was broken."
              "Well, that?s easily fixed," says her husband. "What else?"
              "I?m not sure?something about the emergency brake."

John dies and arrives in hell. He?s met by the devil and told that each person is offered several choices of torture that run in 1,000-year cycles.
              The devil leads him to room after room of torture, each more horrible than the next. Finally, they go to a room where a young college co-ed is performing oral sex on a man drinking beer.
              John tells the devil, ?This is more like it!?
              The devil says, ?Are you sure? It lasts for a thousand years!?
              John replies, ?Yes!?
              So the devil walks over to the young woman and says, ?You can go now. I?ve found your replacement.?

Q: Why did the redneck plant Cheerios in his garden?
              A: He thought they were donut seeds.

A bartender is getting ready to close for the night when a robber bursts in and pulls a gun.

?This is a stickup!? He yells. ?Put all your dough in a bag!?

?Don?t shoot,? pleads the barkeep. ?I?ll do whatever you say!?

The bartender stuffs all the money into a bag and hands it over. The crook snatches it and then puts the gun to the bartender?s head and says, ?All right, now give me a blow job!?

?Anything!? cries the bartender. ?Just don?t shoot!?

The bartender gets on his knees and starts blowing the guy. After a few minutes, the robber gets so excited he drops his gun.

The bartender picks the gun up off the floor and hands it back to the robber. ?Hold the gun, dammit,? he says. ?One of my friends might walk in!?
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Monday May 6

Good Morning all,

Incredible pictures. Admitting to some envy here. Glad you got to meet up with Shue.

I had an argument with my husband on Saturday. The first full blown since my sobriety. When he gets frustrated, his voice starts rising and he yells. It always gets my heart racing, head pounding. I worked very hard on staying calm and just trying to explain to him what was going wrong with what we were trying to do. While I could not do anything about what he was doing and saying, I could do something about my reaction. Life on Life's terms. I have a long row to hoe on that one.

Sitting here with my morning cup and enjoying the sound of the rain. Not looking forward to the dog walk this morning, though.

Mick, LTLV, Kuya, PP, TT and all other abbreviations, have a wonderful day. It's the only one we've got for sure, so let's make it count!

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Monday May 6

Good morning Abbers!

Turn, I've been enjoying your travel pics on Facebook, glad you shared them here as well
                  So happy you met with Shue! Wishing you safe travels back home.

Greetings LTLW & Kuya!
                  TT, I really hope things settle down soon for you. I know how hard it is to try to get someone to listen to you & actually understand what you are saying. I am no longer compromising & devaluing myself for the same reason. When someone has a preconcieved notion, it is exhausting trying to get them to actually hear you Take care of yourself first & foremost.

Hope you find more coffee soon PQ

Mick, you have no idea how true your Amish story is :H
                  I really don't like they way they treat their animals especially considering all the work the animals do for them.

Cindi, you hang in there too. I'm doing my very best to stay out of other people's personal dramas. It takes a bit of practice!

OK, must go & get my day started. Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Monday May 6

MAE Fabbies!

Turn, so happy that you met Shue! It sounds like you two had a great time. Wonderful slideshow! I, too , hope that Shue will come back and post. Also I hope you will continue to join us more frequently.

You're right, Mick. Despite the fact that most of us haven't met, we share a special bond that is not easily broken. Our addiction has hurt us and even broken us temporarily, but it has also led us into good places we would not have found otherwise. I am closer to some of my cyber friends than I am to some of my "real" friends.

TT, I am sorry that you are in pain and glad you had a good cry. Tears are cleansing. I hope you find ways to take care of yourself in the situation. Sometimes our partners have ways of putting us in a box with their expectations and don't even realize it. Then they think we are selfish and unreasonable because we want something different for ourselves. I don't know your situation, of course, but you deserve as much consideration as others expect of you in your family, as well as respect for your opinions. :l Unfortunately, fathers often do side with their daughters. The adoration of a daughter is so much easier than the adult needs of a wife. I know, because I was a daddy's girl, and I didn't realize until much later how destructive a pattern it was. Hang in there, dear. If I had stayed married, I probably would have had to deal with the same thing, having a daughter myself. Okay, sorry about the book.....

Kuya, you make me laugh with all your talk about compromising. You strike me as quite capable of compromising, as long as you are not the one doing ALL of the compromising. You seem to be one of the most equitable people I know.

Likewise, PPQP, you are not selfish. Wanting something for yourself in a relationship is not selfish. Why be in one if there isn't something for you in it too? We are all made to give and receive.

Once again, Mick, spot on with the jokes!

Hi Cinders. It is so nice to see you around more regularly!

Morning, Lav! I thought of you a lot this weekend, when I was up to my ears in chicken shit! I had no idea that chickens made such massive poops.

Well, I am right tired from all my farm sitting, and I finally finished getting my garden planted, too. I will try to learn to deal with photobucket so I can put some piccies up. I had a good time, but it sure was a lot of intensive work. It didn't take that long, but a lot of walking, heavy lifting, butting eager sheep and goats out of the way so I could do the work, etc. I don't know how my farming friends do this and their full-time jobs too. Ugh!

So now it is back to regular life and just tending my garden. I look forward to my muscles and joints returning to their normal level of aches and pains!

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out photobucket, cause those angora goats are the cutest things you can imagine.

Oh, and I got offered drinks twice this weekend and was tempted for about a nanosecond. I guess it wasn't that big of a temptation, because I almost forgot to tell you all!

Have a good day, all!

:l
                    YahYah
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Monday May 6

Hey TT- ugh. I feel ur pain. And I know if I were in your shoes I would be completely pissed off.
                      I have no sound advice to offer either.

I am only going to my studio NOW, and it is already 5:30. Not sure where the day went? Oh wait, now I remember - Tax office, Chamber of Commerce (confusing!), lots of paperwork.

Bought some furniture at Ikea yesterday and want to at least assemble things tonight.
                      Strength!
                      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                      May 29: back to day 1
                      June: The battle continues......

Comment

AF Monday May 6

ltlw...Ikea furniture...assembled tonight????:H:H:H:H:H

A lady buys some new furniture at Ikea. She reads the instuctions and builds the wardrobe. As soon as it?s built she a bus passes by and the wardrobe falls into pieces.
                        The lady tries again and 5 minutes later another bus passes by and the wardrobe falls into pieces.
                        The lady is furious and calls Ikea. Ikea tell her that they will send a worker to build it.
                        When the worker arrives he builds the wardrobe and says:
                        ?Ok, I?m going to my next client.?
                        To which the lady says:
                        ?NO! Wait! You?ll see, as soon as a bus comes by it will dismantle itself??
                        The man agrees to stay to wait for the bus.
                        After a while the man says that he better get in the wardrobe to see where the problem is when the bus passes by, to which the lady agrees.
                        10 minutes later the husband arrives and say?s:
                        ?Ahh lovely honey you bought us a new wardrobe?? He opens it up and say?s: ?SIR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??
                        To which the worker replies:
                        ?I?m waiting for the bus!?

IKEA is known for flat-packing their furniture. This means that each item is broken down into its smallest possible components and crammed into a pizza box.
                        IKEA is secretly working to make Swedish the official international language, one bjursta at a tid.
                        IKEA stores sell you on an assembled couch in a gorgeous living room display, then send you to pick it up in an industrial warehouse guarded by dragons.

Horse meat discovered in Ikea's Swedish meatballs. How long did it take for them to finally put that together?

Comment

AF Monday May 6

I love Ikea and miss it terribly. Furniture here is poor quality and expensive.

My son was a manager there and they were very good employers. I never found their stuff hard to assemble, but I am a surgeon and reassemble things without a diagram

Comment

AF Monday May 6

LOL Re: Ikea and Kuya's response. :H
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Monday May 6

I have lots of Ikea stuff around my house & love it but not the meatballs, gag :H

YahYah, I don't think I could handle any farm animals either. The chickens are one thing but four legged creatures....I don't think so. btw you do get used to the chicken poop & it makes great fertilizer for the veggie garden. Glad you had the experience though.

Hope everyone had a good day, I did!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X