af day Wednesday 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wednesday 8th

mae all...well and how are we today?certainly was a busy ole thread yesterday..got quite a lot done yesterday,second coat of paint in alcove put on this morning at 5.30..Julie thinks I am off my heid...after 18 yrs you would think she would know that!!!weather turned today raining but warm,so thankfully most of outside work done....including.....wait for it...a little log shelter for the rabbits to hide under..even put turf on the top so they can eat grass....pic at end..anyone else concur that I am daft?

right on we go..tea n coffee available

Evening TT..and how are you? conversation back on an even keel now? harmony restored?impressed that throughout all the bshit,drink did not once become an issue!! well done you..how has your busy day been? take some chill time

morning Cinders..and how are you today?Just looking at your avatar..I took a picture not so very different from that..think its a red admiral butterfly on a buhdleja bush....you stay with us ..you are doing well

Mornin ppqp...hows you this fine day? cant wait to see you getting all this together..virtual diary time!!Got most of my plants into the greenhouse now..planted up lettuce yesterday, all thats left are tomatoes on window sills all over the place!!still wee bit nippy for them..Anyway time you were up now..and movin dirt!!heres your coffee..packed to go

Ltlw.....goet morgen.....yep didnt quite know whether to write je or u...so went for informal..we are all friends here!!Anyway how are you today?Pick yourself up,dust yourself down and move on ..work your strategy around how shit you felt, and disappointed in yourself and then telling us..was it worth it? suggest not..so include all that in your future strategy..believe in yourself..you will get there :l

Hi Yah...and hows you today?Well my kids are all grown up...but believe me it doesnt end there!!!I am sure children have got elastic ropes tied to their backsides when they leave home..the "just in case" line..As for yor signature ...would say its entirely up to you..me personally now would go for the last date you had a drink..depends really what you are aiming at..be honest with yourself thats the main thing,anyway you have a great day

Evening Kuya..hows you today?..sent you my birth date...as you can see I was born at a very early age...be interesting to see the results..you gonna publish them publicly on here? Be interesting to see what everyone thinks of your finds.Totally agree with you over morality and standards...(SFs post)I have got standards that I have stuck by no matter what and who I have dealt with in life and they will never change!

Morning Lav..sorry to hear about your cockateil...are you going to get another one?I know that when Jake ( my daughters rabbit) was 12 when it died last year I said never again, and yet I got these two rescue ones, and love them to bits..heres a nice big coffee for you bfore you start muck spreading!!!:H

Hiya SF...again some very inspiring words in your posts..some things work for us others dont,so its a case of choosing what does and what doesnt..you seem to be doing pretty good at that now so well done.As for your values..totally agree with having standards and morals..they are your own audit sheets for checking your own integrity

Morning Det. glad to see you are in fine shape again well done mate keep it up

right peeps orf we jolly well pop work to be done ,and swimming later too have a great day

Veg plot including rabbit assault course!

Tomato plants..ready to go outside

Cinders..similar pic as your avatar only wings open
    />

A young lady comes home from a date rather upset. She tells her mother, "Lenny proposed to me an hour ago."

"Then why are you sad?" her mother asks.

"Because he also told me he is an atheist," the girl responds. "Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a hell."

Her mother replies, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."

A man and his camel were lost in the desert for months. The man got really horny and decided, what the hell, a camel is better than nothing.

He put the camel in position, climbed behind the camel, and just as he was about to enter the camel, it ran off. He chased the camel down and tried again, but it ran away again.

He tried this five more times before he came across a beautiful woman lying in the desert. She was dehydrated and close to death. He took the woman to a oasis and revived her.

The grateful woman wakes up and says to the man, "Thank you for saving my life. I will do anything for you."

The man smiles and replies, "Anything? Really?"

"Yes," the woman says, "Anything."

"Well," the man says. "Will you hold my camel for me so he stops running away?"

An old man is sitting on his porch when he sees a little boy walking up with something under his arm.

"What you got there?" the old man asks.

"Chicken wire," says the little boy.

"What you doing with that?"

"Catching chickens."

"You can't catch chickens with chicken wire," replies the old man.

Later that day the little boy walks by with a long strand of chicken wire full of chickens.

The next day the old man is sitting on his porch as the same little boy approaches with something in his hand.

"What you got there?" he asks.

"Duct tape."

"Let me guess, you off to catch some ducks? Well, you can't catch ducks with duct tape."

Later that afternoon, the little boy walks by the porch with a long strand of duct tape full of ducks.

The next morning the old man watches as the little boy approaches with a fishing rod with something dangling on the end.

"What you got on the end of that line boy?" asks the old man.

"Pussywillow."

The old man jumps up and yells, "Hold on, I'll get my hat."

Little Johnny returned home from school, informing his father that he received an F in arithmetic and a stern spanking.
    ?What happened?? asked the father.
    ?Well,? little Johnny said, ?the teacher asked ?How much is two times three?? and I said ?six.??
    ?But that?s right!? said the father.
    ?Then,? said little Johnny, ?she asked me, ?How much is three times two???
    ?What?s the fucking difference?? asked the father.
    ?That?s what I said!?

This guy's father dies, so he goes to the undertaker and tells him he wants the best of everything for his father.

The man gets really sick the day of the funeral, however, and is unable to attend.

The next day, he gets a bill for $16,000. He pays it. The next month, he gets another bill for $85. He figures it's just a little supplementary bill, so he pays that, too.

Next month, another bill for $85 arrives, so he calls up the undertaker and says, "I keep getting these bills for $85 dollars. I thought I paid for the funeral already."

The undertaker says, "Well, you said you wanted the best for your father, so I rented him a tux."

David Copperfield is doing his Vegas show and asks if anyone in the audience would like to show him a trick.

?I will,? yells a guy, ?but I need your gorgeous assistant and a table.?

David agrees, and the guy walks up onstage, bends the hottie over the table, pulls her pants down, and starts humping her from behind.

Copperfield screams, ?Hey, that isn?t a trick!?

The guys says, ?I know. It?s fucking magic!?

Farmer Joe is suing a trucking company over injuries he suffered in an auto accident. The company?s lawyer begins to cross-examine the plaintiff.

?Isn?t it true you said, ?I?m fine,? at the scene of the accident?? asks the lawyer.

?Well, I?ll tell you what happened,? Farmer Joe starts.

?Did you or did you not say, ?I?m fine!?? thunders the lawyer.

?Let me explain,? pleads the farmer. ?I had just loaded my mule Bessie into the trailer and was driving down the highway when this semi-truck crashed into us. I was hurt real bad. When the highway patrolman came on the scene, he heard Bessie moaning and groaning. He took one look at her, pulled out his gun, and shot her between the eyes.

Then he came across the road with his gun in his hand, looked at me, and said, ?Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her. How are you??

President Obama trips and falls over a bridge railing while jogging one morning. Before the Secret Service guys can get to him, three kids who are fishing pull him out of the water below. He?s so grateful, he offers the kids whatever they want.
    The first kid shouts, ?I want to go to Disneyland with my friends!? and Barack replies, ?No problem. I?ll take you on Air Force One.?
    The second kid says, ?I want a new pair of Nike Air Jordans,? to which the President says, ?I'll get them for you and even have Michael sign them!?
    The third kid says, ?I want a motorized wheelchair with a built-in TV and stereo headset!?
    Obama, looking perplexed, utters: ?But, son, you don?t look like you?re handicapped.?
    The kid answers, ?I will be once my dad finds out I saved your sorry ass from drowning
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Wednesday 8th

MAE all

Just a quick hello/nite nite - been working and eyes are heavy. Will try to respond to peeps in a day or so. Lots on at work.
    Lav - really sorry about your cockateil.

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

There you are Mick- I signed in quick before the gym, but didn't start the thread (seein' hows I been bad and all).

I realized today, on my way to the gym, that what is most important is that I know I have a problem and I am not giving up. I am going to keep at it and aware of what and why I do things. I have to just promise myself 'today I ain't gonna drink no wine boy!'

I am not taking this lightly, by the way.
      not at all.

I am really impressed with you guys who are managing to stay AF for so long. I am not kidding myself that I am the only one it is hard for. It is hard for everyone, I know.
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Good morning all,

Lav, very sorry to hear about your cockatiel. Are pets are our friends and friends are dear.

LTLW, Having done the AF/Drunk/AF/Drunk cycle for many, many years, I can say that I know the feelings well. At some point, you will come to the place you need to be in order to realize you truly want to be sober. Until then, keep on trying. Otherwise, you will never get to that point.

Y@H, I have no opinion on the signature. I do have the opinion that you are a special person here and I am simply grateful you are here. :l

Not going to do the list of names because as I said yesterday, I will leave someone out and I absolutely hate hurting feelings. :-)

In lieu of that, a wave to my AF friends all over this incredible planet.

My last few AA meetings have been about gratitude. Those meetings always end up with everyone in the room feeling better no matter how down they were feeling as they walked in. It is suggested that every morning we consider what we have to be grateful for. A simple exercise to make the day start out positive. I am grateful for my friends here, my friends in AA, my family and my sobriety today. With that list in my life, I can take on today sober and handle the other things as they come.

Okay, two cups of coffee downed and the sun is almost up. Here we go!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

ltlw.....good for you...dont give up and yes you have recognised that everyone has to work for it and its been hard for everyone..no one is different....but the thing is it...if we can do it..then so can you

Lav watched a programme on the Amish..another series on TV..quite interesting..but thats about where it stays for me!!..you anywhere near Punxatawney or Lancaster/ they seem to be big areas
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Aw I was really looking forward to seeing the "little hut on the prairie" but they're gone! You can't post and then move them around, original link gets lost. Please, please, please repost the pic's. Got a late night email from Parks department, soil ordered and will be here tomorrow :yay: As long as the dirt is here I can handle whatever else comes. Enjoy your swim and your day.

TT...have a good rest, sounds like you need it. Keep your priorities in check and take time for yourself.

LTLW
            ...being aware of what and why I do things is hard for me as I would drink just to not be aware. It's true what they say "Knowledge is power" and these days I'd rather be in the know. Good on you for not giving up.

Cinders
            ...AA taught me humility which gave me the gift of gratitude. Totally agree with starting my day being grateful. Before I even get up I think of what I am grateful for. It usually starts with I am grateful I did not have to drink yesterday and then it grows from there. Sounds like you have a positive day ahead of you.

Off to get my second cuppa, read the jokes and watch to see if the pic's reappear. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

dont know what happened there !!!!!

pic 1 rabbit assault course and hidey shelter!!!

Tomatoes waiting to go out...

Cinders.. similar pic with wings open

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Ooo Mick .......you just made the world shrink ! :H:H

HIDEHI campers....hope you are all well

TT sorry you are so tired, early night and better tomorrow I bet :l

LTLW.....as Lav says you have got to really want it more than you want to drink, but never quit quitting, your brain will eventually get the message and, as K9 says, it will be harder to drink than not drink.

SF ... A happier sober you has got to be better for your family than a richer miserable you. I have really struggled financially these last years but my family is the happiest I know. As they say.....money can't buy happiness.

Mick....your garden looks amazing, actually you are amazing

Lav ...sorry to hear about your cockatiel, they live so long it creates such a hole. Thanks for the data.....

Good to see you Det ...... Can't wait to here about the regression work. Sometimes to go forwards we must go backwards eh?

Hi to you Cinders ....good to see you post ing again.....what have you been up to?

YAH I think we have the same outlook on integrity. I also hear you on the compromise thing but I will only go so far. My childhood of repeated losses makes me relatively immune to the process of loss and I will end relationships if resolutions are not arrived at. When it comes to romantic attachments NEXT ! is a far too easy decision for me. I will work hard at it but won't settle for less than I think I am worth........funny cos in business I frequently do.

PPQ and Cat thanks for the dates, and to anyone else who wants to add to the info I have posted a thread on general.

Laters, be good everyone

KY

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Good morning Abbers!

Wow, beautiful pics Mick, thanks

Gosh, the house seems so empty without my friend 'Diz'. He had a large cage that I rolled around to different rooms so he could always be part of the family. I will miss him for sure.
                  I don't think I can commit to another bird, they live sooo long.

I'm off to Curves now & will think about starting on that pile of mulch when I get back if it's not raining. Will get a pic PQ

Have a great day one & all.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Wow...Mick, thanks for reposting the pic's they are fabulous. I :h the "hidey shelter"! Wonder if I can build one for myself...

:hallo: KY...hope you're tucked away in bed.

Thanks Lav, I'll reciprocate tomorrow. I agree another 30 year commitment may not be the right choice. :no:

Gotta get this :moon: in gear and get to work...L8ER

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Mae, abbers.

When I retire, I will garden like Mick.

A nice memory from childhood to share. I am the last of seven children, and when I was eight, my father was assigned to a military post in Georgia. There was never much time to spare for individual kids. Our neighbor, Col. Rabin, had a garden in the back of our houses. I decided I wanted a garden, and he taught me everything I needed to know about creating rows, planting seeds, weeding, using marigolds to protect the tomatoes, etc. I had carrots, radishes (so cool when the grow big in the dirt), lettuce, corn (didn't do too well), cucumber and tomatoes. For two summers we built our gardens side by side. I had time with him alone, this father figure while my own Dad had a huge job that kept him busy and away from the family. Col. Rabin called me "Cat." It was the first and only nickname I have liked.

Now he is 80 years old, and was just elected State Senator in North Carolina. My parents told me last night. They said he still wants to make a positive contribution to the world.

Whenever I garden, I think of the gifts he gave to me, that lonely little girl in the Georgia dirt.

Cat
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

What a great memory to share, Cat.

A little nudging reminder for all of us, too, that little things we do for people can have a very positive impact on their lives. Doesn't cost a thing but reaps incredible rewards.

Thanks!!

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

Happy Wed ABeroooos! feeling a bit sore and concerned here with lower right quadrant pain and slightly distended abdomen. spoke with doc and it sounds like my appendix is looking for some attention. anyhow, keeping an eye on it and hope to not end up in the ER tonight. eeep!
                          or.... I could give birth to an alien. hmmmm.

Mick, what a lovely place you have and so green unlike here in the high desert.

Cat thanks for the cool story. I lived in the Blueridge mountains of GA for 6months and it was just gorgeous.

back in a bit. time to roast some parsnips.

be well!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

OK - I know it doesn't look like much PQ but here it is :H:H

Det, oh boy!
                            You'll know it's appendicitis when you're feverish & feeling nauseous
                            I hope it's nothing & just a false alarm. Will be thinking of you

I haven't touched that pile of mulch yet but I did get YB & our son to do a little. What the hell, I thought cooking dinner & watching the grandsons was a good trade :H
                            #1 grandson decided it was time for a sleepover so I have company for a change, nice.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wednesday 8th

What a lovely story Cat

Often the most influential people in our lives never even realise it.

Comment

Working...
                              X