af day Thursday May 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thursday May 9th

mae everyone ..and how are we today?another weekend looming on the horizon ,so get your plans put together for it.

Lets make a start got to get on!! Tea and coffee on the go..also lemon water for anyone that wants it..yep back on that kick again !!

Evening TT..how you doing today?Still pretty busy? dont forget your "me" time ..now chill and have a cuppa!!

morning ltlw..how are you today?how was the gym yesterday? you got that mode back on? sometimes all it takes is a wee nudge in the right direction to get you re-motivated...just like quitting drinking!!..results are the same really..improved health.Hows the painting doing?you have a great day

morning Cinders..and how are you today? how many cups so far ? Im on no2 now..oh and lemon water.Glad you are settling in here its a good place to get serious and quit..you can do it. Interesting thing you mentioned about the list...good idea that..not ever been to AA,I cant comment but that certainly seems like a good idea

Morning ppqp..well dirt shifting day today is it for you?hope the weather holds for you..dont forget the virtual diary..heres a coffee to get you on your way

Evening KY.....or should I say Ruth (Madoc)..take it you remember all that :H So hows your evening going?what are yo up to?
    Yes you are right...we do need core values..doesnt that sound like corporate image shite??? :H ok we need standards ,and I for one have got very few,but those I have I will not break,irrespective of cost..I would try and work round and through it all.there is not a single objective that can only be tackled from one direction only.You not gyming n swimming mate?

Morning Lav..thanks for the pic..wow fair pile to shift..one large brew for you..good plan getting son over to crack into it...lots of greenery there musta had some rain!!looks a nice quiet place

morning Cat..what a lovely story....Col RJ certainly left his mark and impressed you..mind you with his background and military history,I would imagine there are a few more who would be impressed by the man..he certainly did his bit for America....read his military history..you may a lready know it seeing as your dad was in it too !! could do with trading you some Georgian sandy soil for some peat and clay from up here on the moors!!My influence in gardening was def my dad.28 years in the Navy,he came out ..gardening and marine engines were his hobbies ..as well as a source of food for us.As I recall,we were never that close,but I did respect the man and always will.So Cat..next time you are on a downer..take yourself off into the garden and let it work its magic on you.

Hiya Det hows the appendix today?just take it easy n be careful!yep coud do with some of your sand too..get some carrots going!!

right peeps thats it.......have a great day whether you are shifting soil/mulch, working or just dossing..have a good one

A really drunk guy at a party walks up to the host and asks, “Do you have some green toilet paper that says, ‘Fuck you’?”

The host, stunned, answers, “Of course I don’t have any greentoilet paper that says, ‘Fuck you.’”

“Oh, no!” the drunk cries. “I’m really sorry…I think I just wiped my ass with your parrot.”

This guy sticks his head into a crowded barbershop and asks, "How long before I can get a haircut?"

The barber looks around the shop at all the customers and says, "About two hours," and the guy leaves.
    Every day, the same guy pokes his head in at the busiest time, and every day he’s told there’s a long wait and he leaves. Finally, after about two weeks of this, the barber looks over at a buddy and says, "Bill, why don’t you follow that guy and see where he goes?"
    In a little while, Bill comes back into the shop, laughing hysterically.
    "Well?" says the barber. "So where does he go?"
    "To your house."

A Texas farmer vacationing in Australia meets an Aussie farmer, who shows the Texan his wheat field.

“Oh, we’ve got wheat fields twice as large back home,” boasts the Texan.

They walk to another field, and the Aussie shows off his herd of cattle.

“Oh, we have longhorns that are twice as big,” says the braggart.

A little while later, the Texan spots a couple of kangaroos hopping across a field. “What the hell are those?” he asks.

“What?” says the Aussie. “Aintcha got grasshoppers in Texas?”

Daniel turned very ill and was on his deathbed.

His wife sat at the bedside holding his hand, praying silently. He looked up and said weakly, "I have something I must confess."

"There's no need to," his wife replied.

"No," he insisted, "I want to die in peace. I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend, and your mother."

"I know," she replied. "Now just be still and let the poison work."

oe is walking down the street when he sees Neil Armstrong coming toward him.

Joe says, "Hey, you're Neil Armstrong, aren't you?"

Neil says, "Yes, I am."

"Man, you're my biggest hero," Joe says, "and that speech you gave about one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind was just awe-inspiring."

"You have to understand something about that speech," Neil says. "Back then, communications weren't that good and that's not what I said."

"Well, what did you say?" Joe asks.

"I said, 'That's one small step for man and one giant leap for Dan Rind.'"

Joe is confused and asks, "Who the hell is Dan Rind?"

"Well, he's my next-door neighbor," Neil says.

"What the hell has he got to do with anything?" Joe asks.

"You see," Neil says, "about three months before the launch, I was walking past Dan's open bedroom window when I heard his wife exclaim, 'They'll put a man on the moon before you stick that in my mouth.'"

A girl from Texas and a girl from New York were seated side by side on an airplane. The girl from Texas, being friendly and all, said: “So, where y’all from?”

The girl from New York said: “From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence.”

The girl from Texas sat quietly for a few moments and then replied: “So, where y’all from, BITCH?”

A man gets on a plane and takes his seat, only to realize that the occupant of the seat next to him is a parrot. The plane takes off and after some minutes a stewardess approaches. “Can I get you anything, sir?” she asks the man.

“Yes, I’ll have a coffee, please, when you have a minute. Thank you.”

“And for you, sir?” she asks the parrot.

“A double whiskey and Coke, bitch, and make it quick, I’m fucking thirsty!” demands the parrot.

The stewardess returns a few minutes later with the parrot’s drink, which he snatches without a word.

“Excuse me,” says the man, “but I ordered a coffee.”

“Did you, sir? I’m sorry, I'll get you one right away.”

As the stewardess turns to get the coffee, the parrot finishes his drink and shouts: “I want another double whiskey and Coke, you stupid whore. Quick, you fucking bitch, I can’t wait all night!”

Again the stewardess returns with the parrot’s drink and without the coffee. Naturally the man thinks the only way he is going to get any service is to adopt the attitude of his fellow passenger.

“Listen here you stupid skank,” he says to the stewardess, “I want my fucking coffee and I want it now, you dumb slut!”

Two minutes later the stewardess returns, but this time with two enormous security guards, who drag the man and the parrot to the back of the plane, open the door and throw them out.

As they hurtle toward ground, the parrot turns to the man and says, “You're a bit of a lippy bastard for someone who can’t fly, aren't you!”

On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Popemobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing a New York Yankees jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Boston Red Sox jerseys aboard. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semi-conscious Yankees fan from the water. Then using autographed Manny Ramirez baseball bats, the three Beantown heroes beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Red Sox and Yankee fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies, "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know squat about shark fishing…how's the bait holding up?"

An old man and a lady walked into a fast food joint and ordered one hamburger, one order of french fries, and one drink. The old man unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half. He placed one half in front of his wife. He then carefully counted out the french fries, dividing them into two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife.

He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip, and then set the cup down between them. As he began to eat a few bites of his hamburger, the people around them kept looking over and whispering. As the man began to eat his fries a young man came to the table. He politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple. The old man said they were just fine—they were used to sharing everything.

The surrounding people noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink.

Again the young man came over and begged them to let him buy another meal for them. This time the old woman said, "No, thank you, we are used to sharing everything."

As the old man finished and was wiping his face neatly with the napkin, the young man again came over and once again offered to buy more food. After once again having his offer refused, he finally asked the little old lady, "What is it you are waiting for?"

She anwsered, "The teeth."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Thursday May 9th

Hi there gardeners and absters!
    I am drinking my decafe Mick - so will decline your offer of a cuppa. Daughter is away on a school fieldtrip (environmental studies) for a few days in the mountains. Miss her heaps but know she will be having lots of fun. Not so sure about the learning bit:H
    I come from a family of passionate and serious gardeners - esp my Mum and sister. I seem to have missed this gene. I don't like gardening but I love being in them! Its probably a time thing with me - I can't do everything as some of you reminded me. When I worked in Kenya many years ago I had a gardener who was brilliant - so good that I found out that he used to lift not just cuttings but plants from the other expats. I think some of my other belongings were 'shifted' as well.
    Det - hope you are being sensible about the appendix. Its not crucial for the paleo diet!
    Kuya - hope you are doing OK with the smoking thing. Are you using any of the 'aids' -patches, gum etc?
    Hi there LTLW, Cinders, Cat, SF, Lav, PPQP and all others who are regulars and not so regular. How are you settling back in Turnagain from your trip? Actually I would love to visit Alaska one day.
    Will catch up on some admin work and then think I will watch a DVD - in bed of course. Its pissing down with rain (thats a real Kiwi expression) outside - winter has arrived!
    Have a safe sober day and night when it comes your way:specs:

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Goede morgen... well I am not ready to talk about it, but last night sucked.
      I didn't drink though. I thought about it, yes. The neighbor (22 French intern) came to tell us he has 6 friends for the week-end, but oh he is moving back to France Friday so the 'boys' will be here until Sunday. Sorry, but we are gonna party, but nice to meet you. We live in a very old building and the floors are not insulated. His friends look like they haven't bathed or eaten much in weeks. French youth hostel situation going on upstairs. New owner of the apartment also living in France and renting it out to a corporation, who houses interns there. I knew the idiot had friends anyhow because he was late and they stood outside talking for an hour. (Vulgar French I might add). We slept at 2 am? And, we were trying to send the funds to pay my loan last night. Dealing with American banks is impossible. Getting that stupid loan has been nothing but a headache. I am so mad at my dad for not lending me what was needed in the first place and letting me pay him back instead of strangers. Anyhow, for the most part it is done- as long as it gets there. I feel a bit of relief already? I would suggest we go to a hotel for the weekend but we are going to the States for a long holiday, just paid an enormous amount for my loan... i think it is enough.
      i will be fine. gonna move slow today. I do not talk to the French boy because I cannot be nice. And he plays the guitar, sucks at it I might add, we hear it all. Yes, we are moving. I think I mentioned we are house hunting? This is why. We move or the chances of me choking this little f_xk are highly likely.
      gym.
      no art this week so far mick- been working on the job hunt. it is actually moving forward a bit.
      got a gig at the British School- just summer art but I am REALLY happy as it is a very positive start!
      Drama. Gosh do I ever hate drama. Important thing is I didn't drink. Thank god!
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Hey girl, its OK to vent and be pissed off with the neighborhood. Can't be fun for your hubby either - with the noise and he has work the next day. Weekend will soon be over - but I am not sure what to suggest except if you can get out of the house as much as possible maybe? Lots of movies?? Really long ones.......in Dutch with no subtitles....with lots of dialogue....and a complicated plot....and actors who all look the same....I am falling asleep as I write this......
        Great news about the job - woohoo!! :wd:
        And at least your loan is getting reduced.
        Stay strong, the crappy noise situation will pass - and drinking would not help (just imagine falling asleep after some wine and then waking up to the noise and not being able to sleep and maybe waking up with a hangover - don't even go there).

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

ltlw...je goed gedaan :goodjob:as for the rest of it..take it one step at a time and look at the issues clearly and slowly individually..otherwise you just see this mountain and think sod it!!once again well done you for not drinking!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

ohh.. it is not just me the emails are flying this morning.
            neighbor on the top floor is flipping out- (has been for weeks now) but this is kind of the last straw. there are actually 7 people up there - there is one tenant and 6 guests in a small one bedroom- where the hell they are all sleeping I have no clue. Garbage in the hall, front door left open- last week garbage all over the sidewalk on trash day (ever heard of garbage bags?). Really not the norm as we live in probably the best neighborhood in the Hague. Nobody expects this (REGARDLESS of the neighborhood!!).
            Might be able to keep it cool if it was the first time. But it isn't. I want to call the police. I looked it up on the government website about what to do- hubby doesn't want to. I do.

I am really gonna have to be careful as I am so tired. Went to gym. Eating food.
            Want to be supportive of hubby. And yes, looking on the bright side the loan isn't reduced. It is gone. Just all this adjusting still and figure out how to settle in. These morons upstairs are not helping matters.

actually husband has to sort this with the other owners.
            thanks for your posts guys- gonna go buy lots of food at the supermarket now ( & non-al drinks).
            i cannot say how grateful I was not to wake up with a hangover.
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Yup the plan is coming together, going to be a busy couple of days but the reward will be worth the work. Dirt arrives sometime today so camera at the ready.

TT...enjoy your rainy evening. Bed and a DVD sounds perfect. Hope you enjoy your alone time, she'll be back before you know it.

LTLW...one day at a time, the weekend will soon be over. Plans in place to move so focus on that. Great news on the job can see all kinds of positive outcomes from that. Big congrats on not turning to the grog. Maybe this will be the straw that broke the camels back. At least the other tenants are on board, you're not in this alone. Celebrate the end of the loan, that's a big trigger off your back.

Cat
              ...thanks for sharing that memory. Like Cindi says, we never know how much our actions can actually help someone.

Det
              ...hope you made it through the night. Get that dealt with so I don't have to worry about you. Make sure those google directions are correct.

Lav
              ...nice pic. Hope mine comes out as good. I agree, good trade off. Is that Stella I see checking things out?

One more cuppa for the jokes as I won't have time to read them later. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

MAE to all,

Thanks for the start Mick, loved the parrot joke.

TT the rain is set to stay around so DVDs and early nights for us GF.

LTLW ...... You poor thing! I am VERY noise sensitive and I totally get why this would drive you nuts. Lets hope you can move ASAP, or they get kicked out.

Hi PPQ.....hope your back holds out with all your hard work. Sounds like you are loving it.

Apart from folks here only a couple of people responded to the biorhythm request BUT there is a massive data base here so I can play with that though it will take time. I just find this stuff interesting .........

Hi to all to come, haven't read back but I hope you are all well

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Good morning Abbers

Partly sunny today, showers off & on ~ I'll take it!
                  My grandson stayed overnight & it anxious to get outside & working on the mulch pile. He doesn't understand the necessity of morning coffee :H I wish I had the energy of a 4 1/2 yr old :H

Greetings TT, Mick, Kuya & PQ!

LTLW, after raising a couple of kids & now dealing with grandchildren I'll share a little sanity saving secret with you - TURN OFF YOUR HEARING!!!!
                  Just put all that extraneous noise in the back of your mind & go about your day. It's a temporary situation, don't let it get under your skin. Keep your focus on yourself. Congrats on getting the loan paid off, that's great. Good news about the job too

Have fun crunching the numbers Kuya!

OK, I'm going to get to work!
                  Have a terrific AF Thursday everyone
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Hi its me again.......tail between my legs.
                    I chose to stop posting a couple weeks ago as there were some posts that upset me, Mick you had a similar reaction I see. Unfortunately, I really wasn't strong enough to leave.
                    I have been in a really low mood, feeling very blue and down, and have been drinking a bit too - I am drinking a lot less than I used to, but I am aware that I am not where I want to be, or where I need to be. I am also feeling the depressive effect of the drinks, and with the mood I am in, that is of no help....
                    So here I am back again to get on track and stay on track. I need to get the support and help from the kind folks that do help me here, and close my eyes to things that upset me until I am so much stronger. I need to protect my plan to stop drinking and not let communications on MWO that have nothing to do with me make me leave the best support that I have in my desire to self preserve...
                    I have been reading periodically, but obviously that doesn't work as well as posting daily.
                    My house is alcohol free again, I am on day one .......again.....
                    I want to find my strength and peace of mind again, hope you will have me back?
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Hiya Scottish Lass - I am awake now after some sleep. Its Friday morning here - cold cold cold.
                      Good on you for picking yourself up and getting back to your goals. Yes, the booze as we all know is a depressant in itself plus it depresses us because it sidetracks us from what we want to do or really feel. Sounds like you have the plans in action (eg no booze in the house).
                      People post rubbish on the internet (including me!) and sometimes its in the heat of the moment, or when they are tired, sometimes its mis-communication or misunderstanding - either by the writer or the reader - and as well we have our own cultures, languages, colloquialisms etc to complicate things..

Just get on with your health, sanity and sobriety and keep posting - we will back you up and are here to support you, not give you a hard time. :h:h:h
                      When's the trip to the UK coming up?

Morning everyone else - although I am posting on the Thursday thread!!!

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Welcome back SL.

Sorry you chose to stop posting, I have never been able to do that for more than a couple days, no matter how pissed I am at something or someone.

Deep down I know my sobriety is at stake if I don't post, and no matter what melodramatic BS has occurred here I ONLY came here to get sober, not to make friends.(although I have done so)

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Happy un-hung Thursday ABerooooos!

Scottish Lass, one day at a time you CAN do this! stay close.

happy to say my appendix is once again my friend. swelling is gone and BM's are back. sorry..TMI

after 2 years on paleo my BP is now pretty consistent at 106/68 yay! and to think my doc wanted to put me on BP medicine 2 years ago.

here's a quick rundown on my hypnotic regression therapy.

I use visualization and counting to bring myself into a deep relaxed state. then I picture a TV set in black and white that shows myself and an earlier age, then earlier and earlier until I get back to where I need to change something in my life. in my case I took myself back to age 10 when I first got drunk and the 'on' switch was activated. at that point I climb into the TV and appear there. I introduce myself to my 10yo self and tell him that I forgive him. he simply did not understand where this action would lead. i also reassure myself that I'm going to be ok and that I'm loved. I give him a hug and tell him I'll be back. then i climb back into the present and slowly come back up.

I find this to be a really powerful tool in repairing guilt issues and self blame. hope it helps others!

be well
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Hi Guys...long day over and done. As the saying goes "Dump it and they will come!"

By the time the 4th dump truck arrived, I must have had 20 kids playing on the "dirt pile" Ahh memories! :H

Tried for a "pile" pic Lav, but they came out crap! Will do a proper one in the morning.

Let's see, hassles of being the organizer 1) 2n'd dump truck driver took out the swing gate on his way out. 2) Soil supplier has no order for crushed rock. 3) Have not heard if the "Tool Trailer" will actually make an appearance....que sera sera

Comment

af day Thursday May 9th

Such great posts....and I have read them all. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I love everyone's words of wisdom, journey.....its a wonderful thing to watch.

Yesterday....was a bad day. I had a drinking dream and I swear I woke up hungover as all hell. It took me about 10 minutes to really wake up and realize I had not drank the night before. But, I felt so sick....I called off work. It was a stomach bug.....and I sat amazed that I used to let myself feel like that all the time! But, it really took me awhile to shake the whole emotion.

School has me doing one of those stupid exercises.....where you have to look yourself in the mirror (in the eyes) and repeat 3 words you have chosen to describe yourself in a positive manner. This is nothing new.....except I am actually doing the exercise. I think the amazing part of it....is that as the day goes on.....I find new positive words "popping" into my head. Wish I would have done this the first time it was suggested to me.

I have a busy weekend....but, I'll be reading and hopefully posting!

Comment

Working...
                              X