af Friday 10 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Friday 10 May

MAE fabulous people! I have just posted on the Thursday thread and so will keep this brief.
    PPQP - daughter might be away but there is still a man in the house - my partner G. Also the male cat!!!
    I have a busy day again - its supposed to be a writing day but I have a kitchen man coming to check out the final bits and later I collect my daughter from her trip.
    Watched a DVD about Diana Vreeland (she was editor of Harpers and Vogue) last night - what a dame, what a mouth! All that money and all those clothes!
    OK - first rule of writing - don't distract yourself:H:H

af Friday 10 May

Mae everyone..and how are we all today?busy busy by the loooks of it all!!get it done then chill for the weekend?maybe!! Went swimming yesterday..pushed it a bit...swam 70 lengths of the pool in 59 minutes,but enjoyed it.Weather over here today is pretty blowy,so methinks mostly inside today.

Tea and coffee on the go now for all who want it.

Morning TT ...still busy busy? soon be the wekend then you can get some you time?

Hiya ltlw..and how are you today?Did you say it was Sunday that your pet zoo moved out..Id wait till then and see what happens...after that ..then different approach...remember ..act in haste..repent at leisure ! take your time.methinks choking the little f..cker would end you up in jail..or worse still Jermy Kyle or Springer show!!! Still no al ..well done..your going through this crap and not drinking..proves you can do it!

morning ppqp ..thanks for the pics...wow bit of work to be done there then?Least you have got pretty decent weather for it!!I am now into plan b...never thought I would but I am running out of planting room in the veg side of the garden and I aint pinching anything off the back or other side ...so now next move is to build a cold frame!!!Today I have got to find a home somewhere in the garden for approx 120 spring onion seedlings..havent a clue..anyway thats minor compared to what you have on ..so coffee n go girl !!

Evening Ky...hows your day been mate?..Biorythms thot that was some sort of washing powder :H:H
    Watched your vid on the 100 thread...pretty sickening arent they?As you say most of them will be parents and husbands..makes you wonder doesnt it?Actually it doesnt ..look at those 3 in Cleveland!!Amy went for tests yesterday...she hasnt got dyslexia..it weird..apparently she has a higher than average IQ.... obviously after moi :H:H, but combined with that she has very poor memory skills for non practical issues?so they are going to focus on that.
    And you..any plans for weekend?any you time?

Morning Lav....pardon?what did you say? Yep got to agree with you...the selective hearing button is very useful!!!Hows the mulching going?I apologise ..one brew here for you!!!

Morning SL....nice to see you again........yep I had a similar reaction..and it still annoys me but I separated the 2 things,if that makes sense..the way the person was treated was one thing, but the other thing was said to myself no matter what..I didnt do all this just for some issue that I cant control to take me back to being what I was.Anyway blurb over..grrr
    You are back and thats the main thing,so stop feeling down, cheesed off, you are now on day 2,so you need to work out what you want ,how you want it and have the strength and courage to go for it..this is it!!!We are here to help each other.Get your strategy in place, use it and any time you are struggling you can pm me if you want....thats my side of the deal..yours is to stay focused on your goal no matter what..so welcome home..well your second home ..off to yer real wan in June!!

Morning Det..and how are you this fine day? pretty upbeat by the sound of it!!glad the lumpy bumpy bit is under control!!you seem to be doing real well on the af front ..keep it up my friend

Mornin SF..and hows you today?Glad you shook off the drinking dream ..we all get them every now and then...Interesting exercise..quote "School has me doing one of those stupid exercises.....where you have to look yourself in the mirror (in the eyes) and repeat 3 words you have chosen to describe yourself in a positive manner."

Bit of a bummer really if you are boss eyed ..where do you go with that one??:H

sorry ,just couldnt resist that!!!have a great af weekend.

Right thats me orf to do battle wi some spring onions..have a great weekend

On a golf tour in Ireland, Tiger Woods drives his Mercedes into a petrol
    station in a remote part of the Irish countryside.
    On a golf tour in Ireland, Tiger Woods drives his Mercedes into a petrol
    station in a remote part of the Irish countryside.

The pump attendant who knows absolutely nothing about golf, greets him in a
    typical Irish manner completely unaware of who the golfing pro is.

"Top of the mornin' toyer, sir" says the attendant.

Tiger nods a quick "hello" and bends forward to pick up the nozzle. As he
    does so, two tees fall out of his shirt pocket onto the ground.

"What are those?, asks the attendant.

"They're called tees" replies Tiger.

"Well, what on this god's earth are dey for?"?
    inquires the Irishman.

"They're for resting my balls on when I'm driving", says Tiger.
    "Fookin Jaysus", says the Irishman,

"Mercedes thinks of everything!".

I was sat on the edge of the bed last night just pulling off my boxers when my wife said "you really spoil those dogs"

I went for an interview for a new job yesterday. I sat down and the employers first question was "what would you say is your biggest fault?"
    "My honesty" I replied
    "I don't think that's really a fault" says the boss
    "I don't give a f**k what you you think you ugly bas**d" says me

A young woman goes to her doctor's, she's afraid of the strange development on the inside of her thighs !, a Huge green spot on the inside of each.

She tells him, "They won't wash off, they won't scrape off and they seem to be getting worse " !!!

The doctor assures her that he'll get to the bottom of the problem, and tells her not to worry until the tests come back.

A few days later, the woman's phone rings, and much to her relief it's the doctor.

She immediately begs to know what's causing the spots !.

The doctor says, "You're perfectly healthy madam, - - there's no problem . But I'm wondering, is your boyfriend a Harley guy?"

The woman stammers, "Why, yyyes, but how did you know " !!!

" well " he says "Tell him his earrings aren't real gold."

A visiting professor at a University is giving a seminar on the supernatural. To get a feel for his audience, he asks: "How many people here believe in ghosts " !!
    About 90 students raise their hands. "Well that?s a good start. Out of those of you who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you?ve ever seen a ghost " !!
    About 40 students raise their hands. "That?s really good. I?m really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost !!
    15 students raise their hands. "That?s a great response. Has anyone here ever touched a ghost " !!
    Three students raise their hands. "That?s fantastic. But let me ask you one question further.....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost " !!
    One student in the back raises his hand. The professor is astonished. He takes off his glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Son, all the years I?ve been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have slept with a ghost.
    You?ve got to come up here and tell us about your experience." The student replies with a nod and a grin, and begins to make his way up to the podium. The professor says, "Well, tell us what it?s like to have sex with a ghost."
    The student replies, " GHOST " !!!, " DAMN "..... From back there I thought you said " GOATS "

Q. Why do women call it ?PMS?? A. ?Mad Cow Disease? was already taken

A couple just getting over an argument drives several miles down a country road. As they pass a barnyard of mules and pigs, the wife sarcastically asks, "Relatives of yours?"

"Yep," the husband replies. "In-laws."

After their 11th child, an redneck couple decided that was enough because they could not afford a larger bed. So the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to have anymore children. The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem but that it was expensive.

"A less costly alternative," said the doctor, "is to go home, get a cherry bomb, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to your ear and count to 10."

The man said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest tool in the shed, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me," said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count ?"1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand.

Lav....and for the neighbours!!!!!..apologies in advance if anyone takes a fence /offence!!!

Q: How do you fit 10 Amish in a VW Beetle?
    A: Tell them you are going to the livestock auction

Q: Did you hear about the Amish Flu?
    A: There are only two symptoms. First you get a little hoarse, then you get a little buggy.

Q: Why don't the Amish water ski?
    A: Because the horses would drown.

Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his arm up a horse's ass?
    A: A mechanic. Q: What's an Amish woman's favourite sexual fantasy?
    A: Two Mennonite.

Q: How do we know that Adam and Eve were Mennonite?
    A: Who else would be alone in a garden with a naked woman and be tempted by a piece of fruit?

Q: What's the difference between a Mennonite girl and Alaska?
    A: About three degrees.

Q: What's the difference between an Amish girl and a water buffalo?
    A: About 12 pounds of hair.

Q: What's the difference between an Amish boy and a rock?
    A: The rock moves faster.

Q: What do you call a beautiful girl in an Amish Church?
    A: A visitor.

Two fellers were in desparate need of cash, but admittedly were a bit cowardly. So the one suggested they break into the Amish market. The logic being that since the Amish were non-resistant, even if they were caught, no harm could befall them. Thus they carried out their plot. However, just as they were breaking into the cash register, the owner turned on the lights and confronted them, a shotgun pointed directly at them. Calmly, the Amishman said, Boys, I would never do thee any harm yet you are standing where I am about to shoot.

A newcomer to the political scene was campaigning in Amish country for the office of assemblyman. Outside an Amish homestead, he saw a young man and his sheep. He approached the man, ready to make his pitch for a vote. Just as he was getting started, an old man called from inside the house. "Luke, get in the house. And who is that guy you're talking to?" "Says he's a politician, Pop," Luke said. "In that case, you'd better bring the sheep inside with you."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Just saying gid morning Mick - wow you swim a lot (and garden a lot). Are the spring onions a secret alkie herb? Don't tell the ones on the Bac and other meds thread:H

I didn't get as much done today as I wanted. Daughter home with lots of washing. Great to see her. Hope Amy gets some help. My daughter has a selective memory and my partner's memory is diabolical. I am serious about that. But i am not sure if its memory or just not listening and not taking stuff in.

Have a great day and all others too of course.

Comment

af Friday 10 May

TT..isnt it strange how kids turn up wi the dirty washing????its like there are no washing machines in the world apart from your mums one!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Friday 10 May

MAE Abbers.......coming to the end of a long pleasant, productive day. Feeling very relaxed and looking forward to the weekend.

It is Mother's Day on Sunday so I expect the kids will be round, my daughter is cooking, middle son is bringing in two cubic metres of wood and stacking it, and oldest son is ????. Haven't been told yet.
          It is great to have any excuse for us all to get together.

Went to the gym today.....first visit in two weeks as have been a bit low physically ...... It was good to get exercise.

PPQ..... I am currently listening to 'the beat' from Kitchener a cool radio station, one of my faves.

I have promised myself an early night so will bid you adieu

KY

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Just checking in.
            Busy getting things together for my art work. Gonna look for the Lglutamine now.
            I was just venting about choking the guy. I have no chance on that front. He would definitely be able to flatten me in a second.
            Yes, they will be here until Sunday. My husband & other neighbor are handling it. Messy situation. We have offered to sell them our apartment & they said no thanks as she has enough trouble. So, we are offering to buy the upstairs apartment so the entire situation is ended. No reply yet. If the answer is no we are selling it & moving. I hope she says yes. I prefer to stay put- this gives us more space & we can put off moving to the countryside for now.
            I am not exaggerating how bad this situation is. We are lucky because we have options. The other lady upstairs just has to cope with it.
            March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
            May 29: back to day 1
            June: The battle continues......

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Good morning Abbers!

It's Friday & it's going to be a busy one for me
              I have work, Curves, mulching & more mulching to keep me busy & out of trouble!

Greetings TT, Mick, Kuya, LTLW & everyone!
              I'm off to refill my coffee cup & get moving

Have a great day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Question

Hey guys- I got the L glut (30 euros) now how much/often do I take it? Thanks!!

Comment

af Friday 10 May

oh, 500 mg tablets...

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Hi all, Hi PPQ - we must have cross posted yesterday! Thanks Lav and Mick.
                    Back to normal routinue - went grocery shopping early morning - have been shopping on a Friday late afternoon, when shops are silly busy, and it has been so easy to pick up a little something. Remaining AF and reminding myself how much more I like this feeling. Working on losing the low feelings, that will be a big help.
                    Not paying attention to others, sign in directly to here, read on how you are all doing - then head back out again.....
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Hi LTLW
                      I found this on another forum posted by another member. I quote:

"Click on the Meds Forum....and a list of threads will pop up....with the title of each one. At the bottom of the page....you will see the number of pages of threads in that forum. Sift through there and I know you will see threads started by people who use L-Glut for AL and sugar cravings. Those threads also have recommended dosages. I've tried it and it does work to a point to control cravings....although it has been a long time since I've used it."

The MWO website has tins written about - people use tablet and powder form - the powder is directly applied to the back of the tongue - for cravings. You can crush up capsules for powder.

No its not cheap - as its used by a lot of sportspeople/gym bunnies many of who are not alkies and of course many alkies are not gym bunnies:
                      Big business in nutritional supplements.

sounds daft but I chewed sugarfree gum a lot in my early quit and drank gallons of water and bubbly water. This was to help the oral cravings I had :l

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Thanks TT!! I will look now... The bottle says max of 6 so I took 3 & then 3 more 4-5 hrs later. It does seem to calm my mind somehow EXCITING! And expensive, but if it works....

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Hi Afers,

A quick check in from here.

L-Glut did nothing for me either way. Not good or bad. I really was hoping it would help with cravings because I crave sugar when not drinking. Nope. I hear it works a neat trick for some, though, and glad for that.

Well, when I decided to sober up, I decided I would stay sober no matter what happened, good, bad or ugly. Today was odd, though. I didn't feel good or bad. When I chatted with my daughter on the phone, she told me I sounded down. Which really wasn't true, not depressed, not anxious, just blah??

Interestingly, I am prepared for the ups and the downs, I realized today when I was getting somewhat irritable with myself that I wasn't prepared for the "nothings." If that makes any sense. You know, there just are some days where you just are.

I sat down and ruminated on this and realized that this feeling is like the ups and downs. Just one more emotion (or lack thereof) to learn to deal with sober. I imagine I will have a lot more of these kinds of days in the future. In my drinking, I didn't experience blase` days, because every day I drank became a drunk day.

I hope I am making sense?

I went to my all women's AA meeting today and had a very good discussion and heard others share about their lives and their journeys. My feelings perked up quite a bit. It is a lovely group of women. Several have more than 20 years of sobriety.

Sol has decided to hide his face again. I am looking forward to this phase of spring coming to a close so that I can wake up and go outside in my shorts and tank top with flip flops and muck around in the gardens. Right now gardening is wet and chilly.

Remind me of this later when I am whining about the heat and humidity.

Kuya, It sounds as if you have a wonderful Sunday in store.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I am dreading it. I should go visit mom. Unfortunately, visiting her is becoming harder and harder. She rambles on about odd things, many are hallucinations, and doesn't understand much we say to her. Then she cries when I leave. I guess I have to keep trying though. Every once in a while I get to see sparks of my real mother, the one before dementia and Alzheimer's robbed me of her. She and my daughter have always been my best two friends.

For those struggling, take each day one step at a time. Remember that every time you get past a thought of drinking without acting on it, you are reinforcing new habits and convincing your brain that it really is doable. All of us here understand, me especially, as I am one of the oldest members here with the shortest amount of sobriety. Never give up giving up. You are worth this effort.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Friday 10 May

Aloha Friday loves!!!!!

just a quick note. getting packed up as Dx and I are off to Florida early tomorrow to visit family for 3 days. flying sans hangover is grand!

LTLW, everyone is different but I didn't get results from L-Glut until I upped the dose to 12+ grams per dose as needed. at that level it did indeed help. sorry to hear it's so damn expensive there!

zoom zoom

be well everyone
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Friday 10 May

LTW.....I set an alarm on my phone to take L-Glute. Usually 3pm I pop a Kuduz and a L-Glute. I actually have this little cute backpack that I carry with all my supplements. I have been lazy about it....it may have been what stirred the drinking dream.

Mick.....I am not sure what "boss eyed" means. I have never heard that before.

Well....I was a shit pack today. Just in an overall bad mood. Its been cloudy and raining for weeks here....which is not normal weather for here. And another rainy weekend.

When I moved to this part of the country I was amazed at how good the sun (all the time) made me feel....as I did not have that before. Now that I don't have it....it makes me cranky.

Plan to shoot out the last of the boxes this weekend. Nothing like thinking you have it done....for your hubby to bring in 10 more!

Comment

Working...
                              X