WALKING ON LOTUS FLOWERS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had posted this on the What We're Reading board, but in view of the thread started by Rags I thought I would post it on here as well for anyone who is interested....

At the moment I am reading a book by MARTINE BATCHELOR, called Walking on Lotus FLowers.. It is about the experiences of Western and Asian women from various Buddhist traditions and all walks of life.. They range from a hermit to a disc jockey.. The thing they all have in common is a meditatiion practice which has transformed their lives

This is one of the best books I have read in a long time..

Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Hello Irish,
    Ahhh, One day perhap I shall walk on Lotus blossoms. But content to think I am like a lotus, growing and taking sustenance from the mud and filth at the bottom of the pool, then reaching forth and blossoming into a beautiful lotus. Clean, pure, no mud or filth clinging to my petals.
    A good simile to scratching away at the clogged up surface of our heart and mind to find our beautiful pure Buddha Nature that is waiting for us to discover it.
    I haven't come across that book... I'll have a look for it. But I already promised myself not to get any more till I've finished the ones I already have.
    But just as a complete aside, have you read TP's latest... HAT FULL OF SKY. Crivens!! A jolly good read.
    Rags.
    PS Have you had a chance to contemplate and meditate on any aspects of the OZZEN GARDEN?

Comment

Thanks Rags, will have a look for TP's book on Amazon..

I went to my weekly meditation class on Monday night and that is exactly what I meditated on, not the whole garden but just the river winding through it, past the rocks, I had a picture of it in my head from the photos you posted and I travelled along it very slowly, I'm surprised you didn't see me there, but I was greatly reduced in size, ha ha..
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Dear Irish,
        So that's what was sitting on the gumleaf flowing down the river!

Comment

That is such a cute image... tiny little cat with lime on head gracefully proceeding down river on gumleaf!

Bless!

Gem x
          Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

I just love that little kitty!
            My favorite cd is the clearing number 2 where I am in a stream! It is so relaxing! Really like to listen to it in my big jetted tub and turn on the jets when James says "Let it ALL go!!"

The quiet river is very peaceful to meditate on too. Less jet power there!

Love you all.
            Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Southern,
              Yep that's not a bad cd, I found it very relaxing, but I can't quite get used to his voice.
              What Irish is talking about is the river in my zen garden.
              If you haven't seen it, why not take a look if you'd like. It's the OZZ ZEN thread at the top of page two here.
              Please take a while to read as it meanders through a lot of ideas and stories.
              Your tub inside or outside? Mine's outside next to the frog ponds. We get the occassional frog warming itself under the spa cover in winter.

Comment

Hi Rags
                I have read your garden story and enjoyed it very much
                I have several of the effects in some of my gardens that you included.
                For example, I have a swing out in the front garden that is held up by an old railroad tie like yours.
                We have also found many arrowheads on our property that have led to "thoughtful" meditations about the history of our land.
                We have 60 acres that include many streams and brooks that we had nothing to do with making. What a blessing it is to go over for a walk and enjoy the natural beauty of all we have been loaned here!
                I wish I could have you all over for a visit!
                I wake up everyday and open my door and almost have to pinch myself to see if I'm still earth bound or if I have arrived in the hereafter!
                My tub is an indoor one but I would love to have one outside too!
                Guess I'll have to go over to the stream in the woods and "makedo"! Ha!
                Love your visuals.
                Nancy

Comment

Hey Southern,
                  When may I come and visit?

Comment

Yes Nancy, room for one more, I can squeeze into any old small space, and I promise to help in the vegetable garden..
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Come on over girls!
                      Mr. and Mrs. Macks should arrive anyday now!
                      We can build as many log cabins as we need!
                      We've never cut our trees as others in our area have so it is all still as beautiful as God made it.
                      We are in the process now of finding a way to leave it to all our children and grandchildren so that it will not be divided and spoiled.
                      Rags, I do so wish that I had the "gift" of writing so that I could share the story of our place. I'm a more "visual" kind of gal though.
                      Send me your email and I'll share pictures!

I love you all.
                      :h Nancy

Comment

Dear Southern,
                        email on the way
                        Raggsy

Comment

Working...
                        X