af day Mon 20 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Mon 20 May

Hi there. Sorry this post is about me. Just had blood results and it looks like I may have serious liver damage. My ALT levels are increasing (have doubled since Jan) and are now above the normal range. My cholesterol levels are also increasing.
    I have not touched any AL for almost 8 months, do not take any pain killers and am on no other meds. I did take copious amounts of milk thistle - clearly this has made no difference. I eat very little sugar or fat. I don't eat meat apart from fish.

I am so upset - waiting for a call from the GP - but won't get that until tonight - a few hours away - and I can't get a face to face appointment with the GP until next week. :upset:

af day Mon 20 May

Oh TT....I am so sorry to hear this. You need further investigations Hun cos if it was a cirrhosis problem you would be feeling ill.
    Since you are not drinking, not feeling ill, the reasons are likely to more benign than otherwise.

Deep breathes and don't panic. :l:l:l

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Thanks Kuya - its the waiting that irritates me. I want some serious tests this time - not just standard bloods, platitudes and advice about tweaking my diet or exercising from the health professionals. Something is wrong and I want some straight answers -even if they are not good. My ALT is way way out of the normal female range.

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

mae all..and how are we today?apologies for being a wee bit late...other things on the go...

right lets start with a brew

Evening TT.. sorry to hear about the test results.. keep your chin up...as you say you need some answers...fingers crossed for you :l

Evening Ky...hows you today? bit older, bit wiser....has tomorrow started for you with the fags or has that still to come? just had my brekkie ...oatmeal with walnuts n soya milk..cleared all the plantsout ofthefront ready to start thefront garden today....gggrrrr this bloody puter!!!!space bar is goosed so got to keep going back hows work been today?have a good evening ya deserve it

Hiyabear...hows you today?Well done on the no drinking..as for going to stay over and may be pressured...2 things..first thing is dont be pressured..tbh I couldnt be bothered making up tales/excuses..dont drink end of..and if they persisted I would come up with the most pisspotical answer I could..ie got to stop drinking..it affects my eyesight..the alcohol level in my head has risen ,so my eyeballsare floating in their sockets higher than they should, so I cant see straight ahead..if I reduce my alc intake then the level will lower and the eyes will sit back normally tell it to someone speshully if they have had a few.....I bet you they will have a sneaky check on themselves..give them a test..like look at your finger lower, then raise it and all that guff :H

Hi Lav.yes heres your brew ..sorry its late!!! any plans for today? do swopsies you can shift ton of stone n soil..and Ill shift the muck pile!! bit wet here today ..so dont know..have a great day...and well done on being fag free for four!!!

Hi Cinders ..how are you today?hope all is well ..yes it does affect us partners drinking in different ways..when I quit ..at first it narked me to see Julie drinking a glass of wine,and initiallly it was a pain when we went out...but now it doesnt bother me at all..we still do exactly the same ..only I dont drink alc...holidays, groups,none of that bother me at all..I only get thecrave every now and again rarely ..and thats usually after something crap has happened, but all you do then is revert back to plan A...your starting plan when you first quit.

Hi YAH...any left over soup? mmm usually make mine with lentils and pulses..yes you are probably right to call it a draw with the house..in the current climate you could do it up like a palace and not get the return..concentrate on you and your business...any improvement there? hope so fingies crossed for you

Hi ppqp you ok ..heres a cuppa...remember ..you time hope the garden plans are doing well

right onwards and upwards as they say ..dont know who "they" are but hey ho here we go ..take carehaveagreatday

Sam has been in the computer business for 25 years and is finally sick ofthestress. He quits his job and buys 50 acres of land in Vermont as far fromhumanity as possible. Sam sees the postman once a week and gets groceriesonce a month. Otherwise it?s total peace and quiet.
        After six months or soofalmost total isolation, he?s finishing dinner when someone knocks on hisdoor. He opens it and there stands a big, bearded Vermonter.?Names Enoch, your neighbor from four miles over the ridge. Having aparty Saturday, thought you?d like to come.?
        ?Great,? says Sam, ?after six months of this I?m ready to meet some local folks. Thank you.?
        As Enoch is leaving he stops, ?Gotta warn you there?s gonna be some drinkin'.?
        ?Not a problem. After 25 years in the computer business, I can drink with the best of ?em.?
        Again, as he starts to leave Enoch stops. ?More?n likely gonna be some fightin? too.?
        Damn, Sam thinks?tough crowd. ?Well, I get along well with people. I?ll be there. Thanks again.?
        Once again Enoch turns from the door. ?I?ve seen some wild sex at these parties, too.?
        ?Now that?s not a problem?, says Sam. ?Remember, I?ve been alone for six months. By the way, what should I wear?
        Enoch stops in the door again and says, ?Whatever you want, just gonna be the two of us.?

Q: What do you get when you cross a crooked politician with a lawyer?A: Chelsea Clinton

A blonde is walking down the street with her blouse open and her right breast hanging out. A policeman approaches her and says "Ma'am, you know that I could site you for indecent exposure?"

She asks, "Why officer?"

"Because your breast is hanging out." He answers.

She looks down and gasps, "OH MY GOD, I left the baby on the bus again!"

Q: How do we know toothpaste was invented in Alabama?A: Because it?s not called teethpaste.

Little Johnny attended a horse auction with his father. He watched as his father moved from horse to horse, running his hands up and down the horse's legs, rump, and chest. After a few minutes Johnny asked, "Dad, why are you doing that?"

His father replied, "I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy them."

Worried, Johnny replied, "Dad, I think the UPS guy wants to buy mom."
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

morning all - working at home today as had to drop car in garage for repairs, visit to dentist and later health checks at GP - cholesterol,kidney,liver,blood pressure,lungs all checked and heart attack and stroke risk all assessed.Anyone in Uk from 40-75 can get all of this for free on NHS - in case it helps anyone.

TT - so sorry to hear about your liver test results - my OH takes blood pressure meds and had a dodgy liver level once. One GP was very concerned and another not at all - and ti went down again and he is fine. I hope this is the case for you and that it is reversible if there is a problem. Sending you my best wishes, I hate waiting as well. It's good you can at least talk to GP today. I am sending you positive thoughts.
          one day at a time

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

GM, AFers,

Glad to see all here today. I have been up and about since 3:30 because our weather station went off. It was an amber alert. Don't get me wrong, amber alerts are very helpful but at 3:30 a.m. whilst in bed?? I can see on radio, tv, etc., but a weather radio?

No matter. I hope they find the child that was snatched.

So, I watched a recording of Mad Men, which was totally weird. I was almost wondering if I was actually awake or dreaming it.

TT, Sending you hugs. I am sorry the panels came back off. With our drinking history, I understand your being upset. I, too, want to know things and want to know them now. In my daughter's case, they ended up doing an MRI of the liver to determine how bad the damage was.

Mick, Once again, kudos for being around alc in the house. Luckily for me, hubby doesn't feel any great desire to drink anything at all so for him abstinence is just no big deal.

Hubby looked good yesterday. Hopefully home today, but if not, tomorrow. He wants me there quite a bit and a hospital room is fairly boring. I purchased Trivial Pursuit for the Kindle and at least we can do that between jaunts around the hallways.

Otherwise, not much to report. I need to clean house this morning before going to hospital. I hate housework. :-)

Remember, today is all we have for sure, let's make it count!!

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Good morning Abbers,

Looks like a week of rain, foggy & sunless days ahead ~ swell.
              I sure hope the folks out west experiencing tornadoes stay safe

TT, try not to worry ahead of time. Sometimes these labs are thrown off simply by a meal we had the day before. The only thing any of us can do is stay positive, stay on our path to health & wellness & stay away from AL.

Greetings Kuya & Mick!
              The mulch pile will likely remain untouched this week Mick - oh well

Greetings bear & Cindi!
              I hope you both have a good day.

I have lots to do while dodging rain storms today, such fun!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Hi Guys - Tuesday here. Actually I slept very well last night. Thanks for all the positive support and sorry to be self- centered.Because we all have health problems here - physical and mental - as well as some of our loved ones being ill.

Very Glad, Cinders, that your hubby is perking back. I was once addicted to Trivial Pursuit - haha - can't stand it now!!:H

Lav - glad you are avoiding the tornadoes. Hiya Bear, Kuya, Mick and all others.

Well the GP did not ring last night and won't ring today as its her day off. So its more waiting for this old lady. Fortunately I have heaps of work to do of the mental variety (even did some last night) - and will do a very brisk walk up the hill. believe me we have hills here in NZ that pass as mountain peaks in the Netherlands (haha LTLW!! )

All Part of my new exercise programme - short, sharp, frequent bursts. I am relatively fit on a low level basis but need to get those short bursts in (at least thats from the website I read last night!!!). I really hate gyms and swimming indoor as a form of exercise (its also too time-consuming, too many students where I live, hassle getting there, changed, waiting etc) - so I need to do things that fit in with my day if this is going to work.

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Hi TT,

A brisk walk up a hill sounds grand. Geez, what a pity your doc didn't ring. I'm wondering, If it is serious she would've rang you and taken decisive immediate action?

Anyway, take it easy and have a great day.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

I wish Mr G.......more of the "she'll be right' here I see. My doctor ' forgot' to tell me that my smear was not done properly for two years!

TT I repeat what I said yesterday, you don't feel unwell ( you wouldn't want to walk hills if your liver was failing)
                    There are MANY other causes of elevated ALT......what other tests have been run? On its own ALT is next to useless as a diagnostic test.

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Morning Ky,

Well, I hope all's well for you TT.

Orf to work here. Have a marvellous day Ky.

A safe, sober and magical one to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Mon 20 May

Guitarista;1508182 wrote: Morning Ky,

Well, I hope all's well for you TT.

Orf to work here. Have a marvellous day Ky.

A safe, sober and magical one to y'all.
                        And to you G man......hope the work hearing goes well :l

Comment

Working...
                        X