Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Coffee anyone?
    Holiday yesterday and now back to schedule.
    More coffee, then off to the gym.....
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

AF 21 May, Tuesday

aahhh just saying ltlw ..where are you ...and guess what ..bingo here you are..Ive put my post on to yours
    mae everybody...and how are you all today? Tis a lovely rainy Tuesday morning ,so plans in the garden are thwarted for the moment ...stone and soil duly arrived yesterday....soil now roughly in place, but got to reshape it all etc Increased the border width as well,ok straightened it ..it was like a dogs hind leg!!!Chelsea flower show on at the moment...see if I can get any inspiration from that!!
    Was looking at the long termers thread...interestingly enough ..at the article about sodium intake affecting blood pressure and now they reckon it doesnt ..or there is no conclusive proof...another series of tests funded by drug companies...to sell products..it really p....es me off that..playing with health and scaremongering for financial gain.

on with the show.....

Hi TT and how are you today?think I need to go to specsavers!...read your post yesterday ,and the bit you put to Lav...hope you are avoiding the tornadoes...Iread it and thought it said "hope you are avoiding the tomatoes"...read it twice and it still didnt click..so Im thinking now what...whats the big tomato scare about? never was too brightYou had a good day?Feet up now and chill for the evening

Hi Mr G...and hows you today? all bonzer mate??thats how they talk isnt it??Well they do on neighours anyway . Watching a programme at the mo aout a guy travelling all over Australia...really fascinating..love travelling and travel progs...currently in Pert after following the gold rush.

Morning Kuya...how are you today?what you been up to? anything?Did you get the poisoned dog job sorted out? hope so ....chilled evening?feet up and relax

hiya bear...hows you ?best of luck with your results..and is the car sorted too??2 for the price of 1 cured ..not bad at all ! you working from home today?have a good one

Morning Cinders..hows you today? hope hubby is ok Your quote "Remember, today is all we have for sure," sheeeiiit..hope Ive gotta wee bit more than that left ...got to finish the garden n get some holidays in
    have a great day whatever you are doing

Hi Lav..hows you today?dug in the ton of soil yesterday,etc.roughly shaped the garden,but not impressed ,so its back to the drawing board..think today is head scratching looking at it day..you must have sent the drizzly weather over here, Sunday got my head burnt it was so nice and now its back to its miserable self...thats the weather ...not my heed!!
    DAlont know if telly over your way will show the Chelsea flower show, but if you can its well worth watching...I know its on youtube, but there are some really smart designs and plants...last night they were going on about orchids and different types.
    Have you any plans for today...apart from drinking this cuppa Ive made

righty ho peeps..thats me on one..few peeps missing yesterday ....ppqp,ltlw,Det..out you come...
    have a great day all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

morning LTLW and Mick - whizzing in quickly - car cost ?250 to fix but is mended now and dentist and doctor check went ok so far.Told me to lose weight which I know - but blood sugar and bp all fine - blood test for liver,kidney and cholesterol levels next week.

Feeling bit anxious about work on and off still - off to gym with a friend tonight and then back home for relaxing evening with cats(OH away again). I will check in properly later - day 10 here - double figures - have a good day everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Day 1o Bear? Good for you!! Sounds great.

Hi Mick- I am still here, we had a long week-end. I really need to connect with my new environment! I had no idea it was a holiday week-end? Supermarket closed Sunday, mostly everything closed yesterday. Kind of strange for me. Husband didn't really know either.

By the way, I LOVE your attitude about the rainy morning we are having. My only comment is nearly always the same: I have never been so cold in my life.

I will go look at another apartment this afternoon, small but top floor with big roof terrasse. Let's see. New tenant arriving upstairs on June 1st. We'll be gone for the first 3 weeks. Maybe when we return we will have a solution. Ik hope so!

Saw doc on Sat. and he said to go ahead and start the GABA, doing so today, and told me what to be aware of. I will take it slow. Going to give it 2 weeks to see if things improve with the L-Glut & Gaba? off to the gym.... be back later.....
        March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
        May 29: back to day 1
        June: The battle continues......

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Hi guys

Coming in late on today - but I am not throwing tomatoes at anyone:H Did you go to the opticians Mick? I don't think its your sight - I think you have a serious case of garden-itis:leaf:
          Saw that they are letting the garden gnomes back into the Chelsea show. Maybe you could paint a little Jockanese one!

Seriously - dreadful about the Oklahoma tornado. Climate and nature - toughies, but especially when there is sudden loss of life.

Looks like you are still battling the weather too LTLW. Let us know how the meds go. I don't know much about Gaba (In fact I don't know anything about it) - must have a check on Google. One of the problems I think with the internet is that certain sites - get bumped up etc etc. They may sound authoritative on health issues but much of the 'scientific evidence' is crap. These days you can pay to have a so-called peer reviewed article published in a so-called international and leading journal. Reader beware!
          So good thing LTLW that you went to the GP. They are not perfect either but should be looking at the whole context of your health.

Bear - congrats on 10 days:goodjob: - just take it carefully - ODAAT. With no AL eventually the weight should go down altho we are all different.

I spoke to my GP and she said that since its only the ALT that is elevated - she wants to wait for another blood from me in 2 months. She also reckons its not in the range to ring alarm bells - esp as I feel healthy. I won't bore you or me with anymore chlorestoral talk.

Wet wet wet here but snug as a bug and sated from a yummy meal that fufilled all the dietary requirements of the Spanish inquisition, the Nazis and the MWO Truth Commission.
          Lavande may have a vegan joining her soon on this thread. I confess I did lie to my GP - about the amount of coffee I drink. Yes, she wants to reduce that too. I asked why since its not bothering me? No reason given.

Tomorrow is a meeting day - joy of joys!
          Hey where is PPQP?
          Gidday Mr G. Did you make any music today? Hi there also Blondie - I see you are back on the boards.
          Big hugs to everyone - :h:h

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Good morning Abbers,

Looks like it's going to be a full week of overcast skies here & rain. Small price considering what the folks in Oklahoma are dealing with, so sad

Greetings LTLW, Mick, bear, TT & everyone!

I plan to meet some old work friends for lunch today. We're all so busy since retiring, it's nice to catch up with each other once in a while
            The large, damp mulch pile will sit a while longer Mick.

TT, I know when I drink too much coffee, honestly :H
            I really don't even want someone regulating my coffee intake.
            I am happier eating vegan these days, makes me feel better although I am not 100% on board.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

GM Abberoos,

Woke to a beautiful sky this a.m. I believe the system that was in OK is on its way here, although not supposed to produce such damaging weather. Fingers crossed.

Take mom to get her teeth cleaned today, they need it badly, and pick hubby up from hospital. Otherwise, not much to report.

On my second cuppa and quite hold to the belief that the pot or so I drink a day is quite harmless, actually. :H:H

My BP meds keep my bp down despite the caffeine.

All the rain lately means my yard grows too fast. It already needs mowing again less than a week after the last mowing. I have a large yard, so it is an entire day's work getting it mowed and finished. Oh well. I need the exercise. (The bulk is done on a riding lawn mower, but the finish mowing is about the same as an average yard.)

My new tomato plant is growing like the weed it is. I bought a yellow tomato to put in a container. My nursery woman told me it is developed to reduce acid in the tomato but tastes like a regular tomato. I'll let you know.

The grandkids keep picking my strawberries as they ripen. I haven't had one yet!!

Looking forward to the June black raspberry harvest. Grandkids hate the thorns, I wear gloves and DEET.

I have a lot of gardening to tackle over the next couple of years. Several have become overgrown and look horrible. I am thinking our next house will sit on smaller acreage with flat ground. Bottom land, as they say.

Vegan? Hubby would just flat out walk out on me.

Okay, enough stalling. Off to get the house ready for hubby and girding my loins for the dental visit with mom.

Hope all have a good AF day.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for kicking us off and for the coffee. Good luck with the apartment today, a roof terrace sounds fab, you can join the garden club. Glad you're getting advice from your Doc, let us know how it goes.

Mick...rainy Tuesday morning here as well. I thought the "dog leg" was on purpose. :H Sorry for missing in action yesterday, just needed some me time. Had an Aw F'k it moment and just put all my work aside, I guess I just can't do it all. Gratefully no AL so will start in on the work again this morning.

Bear...congrats on double digits, look at you go. Hope you get the anxiety about work sorted soon, it can be really draining. Glad you got the car mended and the Doc visits went ok. You're sounding pretty positive these days Bear.

TT...I is here. Glad I read back before posting, wouldn't know what you were talking about with the tomatoes. :H Glad you were able to talk with your GP and that the plan is to retest in a couple of months. I agree with everyone's comments that you would be feeling a lot sicker if something was wrong.

Lav...sounds like you have a lovely day planned. What no g/kids?? Don't blame you for not moving the mulch, let it dry out first.

Cinders...sounds like you're the only one with sunshine this morning. Good that hubby is coming home today he'll do much better but your workload may increase. Good luck with your Mom and I hope you enjoy your day.

Off to get ready work, have some catching up to do Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

MAE all,

We have sunshine here too. I wish we could send you some of our heat, LTLW. It's going to be 89 degrees F today. A little to warm for this woman.....

Wow, Mick, you sure are industrious. Maybe a good thing you get some rain to give yourself a little break. How do the bunnies fare in the rain?

Congrats on day 10, bear. You're doing great! I'm glad to hear that you checked out okay with your doctor.

The possibility of a roof terrace sounds lovely, LTLW. It sounds very romantic to me. Is it possible that you might get new tenants upstairs that are good?

Hey TT, I think it is good advice not to worry about your liver enzymes, they should really start going the right way soon. You are sounding very healthy and pretty happy.

Lav, if you go vegan, does that mean you won't be eating Stella's eggs anymore? Or are the eggs going to be one of your no-so-vegan exceptions? I admire anyone who can really eat completely vegan. I could give up meat, but not fish and dairy. So the best to you!

Sounds like a lot of land to deal with Cinders; glad you have a riding mower! It sounds like you will be busy as can be in the next few days with your hubby and mom, so sending hugs and strength for the coming days. You are a woman to be reckoned with when sober, darling. You are wise, wonderful and strong. I am so happy to have you back and posting regularly.

Good to see you, PPQP. I hope your "me time" was restful.

I'm finally starting to clean up this house after all the time spent in PA. It feels good. My depression of last week seems to have lifted a bit, and I am feeling more optimistic and motivated. Thank goodness. I was hating how I was feeling, but the only thing to do was slog through it. At least I felt clear that drinking would not solve anything, and I'm glad I wasn't tempted.

Have a good day, all!

:l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Y@H,

I'm finally starting to clean up this house after all the time spent in PA. It feels good. My depression of last week seems to have lifted a bit, and I am feeling more optimistic and motivated. Thank goodness. I was hating how I was feeling, but the only thing to do was slog through it. At least I felt clear that drinking would not solve anything, and I'm glad I wasn't tempted.
                    I hear you on the slogging through. When I got sober this last time, it was full tilt with knowing about coming depression, anxiety, etc. I made it a challenge to myself that I would deal with the WTFs sober, no matter what.

Very happy to hear you are feeling better. :l

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF 21 May, Tuesday

Right, Cinders? That's what regular people do. They just slog through it.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X