af day Wed 22 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 22 May

MAE absteros!! The 'o' on the end is especially for Mr G. The Ozzies do some weird things and put vowels on the end of everything (we just speak vowels funny here. Well I think they do everywhere esp the Jockanese.

Cinders - hope the weather is not too bad where you are. Lots of sad news on the radio this am about Oklahoma.

Yeah, roof terrace sounds very cool LTLW. I was reading about those wall gardens - the ones that grow on the sides of buildings. The one in Paris at the Branly Museum is amazing.
    The only vegetation we have growing on our walls is mildew. To be expected when living in the land of the long white cloud.

Yahyah - glad the 'black dog' has lifted. If possible - we can learn to live with our depression but its when it gets crippling then something (such as meds or counseling) IMO needs to be done. And kudos to you and all who are not dealing with these things with AL.

Bear - another AF day/night? Sounds like you have a good plan.

Kuya - hows the fag quit going? I have been following the debate here over whether or not confined psychiatric patients (and staff too!!) should be allowed to fag in hospital. I can only imagine that it must be hell to be told to de-fag when also dealing with a major mental illness. Its not like they are in fag re-hab are they.

have to go - phone call

af day Wed 22 May

treetops;1508609 wrote: Well I think they do everywhere esp the Jockanese.

Hey! I'll have you know my partner only translates for me on the odd occasiion now:H

The only vegetation we have growing on our walls is mildew.
    :H
    Any more news on your ALT? (Have you refrained from Googling possible scenarios?!)

Just getting light here but very cold, so I lit the woodburner, but extra firelighters do not compensate for lack of kindling, so back to the electric heaters

Our citrus trees are groaning under the weight of almost-ripe fruit. I can use all the lemons and oranges, but will have to see what I can do with excess mandarins - chilli mandarin jam?!

I thought I had sussed out my internet, but there's just too much traffic am and pm with some drop outs during the day, so I shall accept that and stop swearing now (glad I don't have a parrot!!)

have a great mae everyone

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

morning all...how are you?been up since 6....laying out the front garden,want to get it done this morning,so will be back in a wee while...hope all is ok
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Goede morgen allemaal.

Good for you for getting into the garden so early Mick! Seems that garden does you good I would say.

The roof top apartment is a big No way Jose. Too cramped, and they used the wrong wood for the terrasse. Some weird slippery slime is growing on it and it will have to be pulled up and replaced. Most importantly, the apartment feels smaller than the one we are already in. I do have some good news though, my husband is now ready to take over the search. Another positive is the housing market continues to be on the decline, good for us. And if I am sounding like a spoiled little whatchamacallit, well it is 9 months we are in the Netherlands and I've not unpacked yet. I haven't even bought many winter clothes as there is no place to put them. I moved every year the previous 5 years always because of something weird where I was living. Omg I NEED to get settled. I think I give the word gypsy new meaning.

So, taking the supplements and the GABA makes me really sleepy. That is okay though. I might be sleeping a little better? I am really keeping an eye on my mood, the weather isn't helping. Nothing to do about that though. OMG I think the sun just came out!!!!!!!! Whoopie!! Oh.... brings tears to my eyes! Great AF day to everyone, one more day... we can do it! Will check in later....
        March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
        May 29: back to day 1
        June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Greetings Abbers near and not so far,

Rightio TT. How are you going?

A duck walks into a chemist and buys some lipstick.......'Cash or cheque Mr. duck?' 'Errr, put it on my bill'. Are youse rolling in the ailes yet?

All good here. Surely summer is starting to kick in there Learning to love winter?

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical day or evening.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

just finished..at the risk of boring everyone stupid...here we are from Monday dinner time till now..!!!

time for a brew!!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

heres the jokes folks......

I love parks. I was standing in one today wondering why frisbees get larger the closer they get.

And then it hit me...

Man goes into the library and asks for a book on suicide.

The librarian says: ?Bugger off, you won?t bring it back!?

A man and woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant. They were gazing lovingly at each other and holding hands. Their waitress, taking an order at another table a few steps away, suddenly noticed the man slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned.
              The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware her dining companion had disappeared. The waitress went over to the table and said to the woman, ?Pardon me, ma?am, but I think your husband just slid under the table.?
              The woman calmly looked up at her and said: ?No, he didn?t. He just walked in.?

Holmes and Watson were sitting in Holmes? study and the topic of discussion turned to homosexuality. Watson said to Holmes: ?So, Holmes have you ever tried it, you know, had sex... with a man??
              ?No,? Holmes replied. ?Have you?? ?No? said Watson. ?Well Watson, I think it?s about time we tried it. Go over to that table, drop your trousers and bend over.?
              Watson does so, and Holmes walks up behind him, drops his own trousers, places a lemon on the table and cuts it in half. He proceeds to squeeze the lemon up Watson?s arse. ?What the Dickens are you doing Holmes?? splutters a startled Watson.
              Holmes smiles and replies: ?A lemon entry, my dear Watson.?

I got banned from the Mile High Club the other day.
              Couldn?t give a flying fu.k.

My girlfriend thinks that I?m a stalker.
              Well, she?s not exactly my girlfriend yet.
              ?Hi mate. I don?t want you to panic, but I?m texting you from casualty.
              Turns out the new Dyson*Ball cleaner isn?t what*I thought it was.?
              Water Shortage
              Last summer I set up a colonic irrigation clinic.
              The hosepipe ban hit us hard.

Did you hear about the three-legged man tripping over the bearded lady and headbutting Johnny The Dog Boy?
              *It was a freak accident.

A man was walking his dog through the graveyard when he saw another man crouching behind a gravestone.

"Morning!" he said.

The other man replies, "No, just having a cr.p."
              ---
              A woman brings eight-year-old Johnny home and tells his mother that he was caught playing doctors and nurses with Mary, her eight-year-old daughter.

Johnny's mother says, "Let's not be too harsh on them... they are bound to be curious about sex at that age."

"Curious about sex?" replies Mary's mother. "He's taken her f..king appendix out!"

The wife suggested I get myself one of those penis enlargers so I did....she's 21 and her name's Lucy.

tonight I was sitting on the sofa watching TV when I heard the wife shout from the kitchen, 'what you like for dinner my love, chicken, beef or lamb?' I said, 'Thank you, I'll have chicken please'. She replied, 'You're having soup you fat bastard, I was talking to the dogs'

I got sacked last night from the Salvation Army soup kitchen, ungrateful bleeders.
              All I said was, 'hurry up for goodness sake, some of us have got homes to go to!'

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

High of 11 C, low of 6 for today, no... no signs of summer here in my humble opinion Guitarista. It isn't only me who is complaining, not that it does ANY good at all.

Not bored with your pics Mick, quite to the contrary! Looks great! You have quite a big yard to play in, nice for you!! Great landscape job. Well, I think I better get out of the house. I think I am starting to sink into a bit of a slump. Not sure why? Maybe I don't feel well today? Feeling yucky, not sick just blah. At least I go to get some more L-Glut. It is almost gone. Don't want to drink too much coffee, just makes me nervous.

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

MAE Abbers

Mick....you shrank the world again! :H:H

Lovely job on the garden mate

Tiring day for me as could not sleep last night so quick check in.

Be good everyblubby

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Hello Abbers,

I've been up since 3:30 trolling around but not being a troll, I hope!!

Mick, the pictures are nice. It is fun to peek into other worlds around here. Good job on the garden.

Speaking of which, I asked my grandsons if they were eating the strawberries and they said "no." That means it is the squirrels or the birds or both. I guess some netting is in order.

Hubby is doing well. I hope I can keep him from trying to do too much as the days go by. From my own past experience, doing too much just after surgery in abdomen leads to adhesions, which leads to more issues.

Here is hoping all who are striving for sobriety achieve it today. Remember to dwell on the good things in life and that will help.

Love,
                    Cindi

ps Kuya, I have been posting to a few threads on the lack of sleep issues. It has been an ongoing issue for me all my life. I am grateful I got six hours sleep last night. I hope your day is serene and you don't have to suffer due to sleep deprivation. Take a nana nap if you can.
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Hump day & all :H
                      Gloomy as anything outside but at least there's no tornado to deal with, thank goodness!

Greetings TT, blondie, G, LTLW, kuya & everyone!
                      Mick - you're hired! How soon can you be here?? :H:H
                      Love your pics, thanks.

Nothing super special on my day plan - will just see how it goes
                      Have a great AF day everyone!

OOPS - hi Cindi!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and thank for not making me look anything up in the Urban Dictionary.

Blondie...I remember trying the firelighters too :H Oh Oh, I can just hear the parrot jokes now.

Mick...wow the front yard looks great and done in only 2 days. When you're finished at Lav's can you pop over to the community garden? Most of the beds got planted over the weekend so the forecast of rain for the rest of the week is perfect timing. Filling in for a vacationing employee this week, which means my work suffers, and a garden meeting tonight. Should sleep well tonight.

LTLW...too bad the apartment was a big No Way Jose, it sounded so promising. Glad hubby is able to take over the search, takes some of the pressure off of you. Quick, get outside and enjoy that sun.

Gman...glad to hear all is good in your world. Keep it up.

KY...hope you have a better nights sleep tonight. Have you started in on the SF again?

Cinders...glad you're not being a troll, I've heard stories about them!! Glad hubby is doing better and you're right, the hardest part will be stopping him from doing too much too soon.

Lav...morning to you, doesn't Mick put us to shame! Way too much energy over there. Hope you enjoy your nothing super special day.

Off to get my second cuppa and read the jokes. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Kuya - good luck with quitting cigs - I have got a cold now 10 days in so I think it may be all the crap coming out.

Mick - nice garden - gardening is so tiring.

Everyone else glad you are all sober and here.

Not feeling great and am pretty shattered so gonna be brief on here today - happy to be booze free, wish my knee would hurry up and heal so I can get back to my rollerderby. I'm feeling less anxious about work as the days go on so that's another plus - my very supportive manager is helping with that as well.

Really need to get my chin and eyebrows threaded and dye my hair - can wait until tomorrow though when hopefully I will feel a bit better. Have a good evening all.
                          one day at a time

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

Lots of cheerful posts here, how nice!
                            Ended up a pretty good day for me. Talked myself into going to my studio & all was well from there. I know I am so lucky to have art to fall back on. If I go to the studio then I produce something, which ends up making me feel better.
                            Keeping a close eye on this crap mood I am in though. Feeling a little d?j? vu sneaking up on me. Things could have easily gone wrong tonight, but I ate something healthy and the urges left me. Feels very temporary though. Food & rest are still key for me these days. Always feels the devil (vino) is lurking waiting for the right moment to pounce like a rattle snake.

On that happy note off I go into the land of Oz & end another day AF.

Comment

af day Wed 22 May

mae from Thursday!

Mick - your garden looks great - do you have any rellies in Perth who can help here- you're in great demand around the world! Loved the jokes, though the one about the dog food sounds like our house

PPQ - Another busy bee; what've you planted in your gardens?

Hi Kuya, Cindi, Lav, LTLW, Bear et al. And SL - how's the gummy bears or have you swapped to something else now? I started back on my smoothies, but as it's getting cold, they're not so appealing. A vindaloo with a naan bread would be more welcoming. At least I've stopped the cakes and ice cream (for now)

Comment

Working...
                              X