AF Thu 23 may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Thu 23 may

Morning all - got a nasty cold so dosed up on cold pills and off to work - looking forward to flopping on the sofa at the end of the day.Got cleaning company coming to give me a quote for monthly clean/one off clean - then will make mind up. It feels very indulgent but a necessary one to help me feel less chaotic - then I can focus on decluttering/tidying/small amount of cleaning.

Day 12 here - feeling good apart from rubbish cold - detox maybe?I need to buy more fruit and veg tomorrow lunchtime at work as I am getting low and it's payday. I am also buying stuff to make my lunch - will save me ?60- ?100 a month - that could be my cleaner money!

Have a good day everyone - off to jump in the shower - had my bucket of coffee.
    one day at a time

AF Thu 23 may

Good morning bear73- take good care of that cold! Bummer to work the entire week sick, I remember those days well. I would look for quiet places to hide out between teaching classes, not easy.

And wherefore art though Mick? In the jardin I presume?

I think you deserve someone to clean for you. Think of it as a' just this time'.
    I can't think straight either if things are not clean! We will go for an industrial clean before we put this place up for sale.

I had a long night. Feel asleep around 9:30 (before dark) and woke at midnight, then couldn't sleep. Gave me a chance to look more around MWO. Saw a lot of posts I could relate to; "I used to do that, I used to think like that..." Although I don't think stopping drinking will be a miracle cure for me. All of my 'issue' will still be there, albeit far easier to deal with if I can be calm, cool and collected. I am definitely getting there. Yup. That is the name of the game.
    Today I won't drink because I want to remain calm, cool and collected.
    Off to the gym now, no naps today.
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

mae all, and how are we all today?as you can see changed my avatar as a mark of respect to the poor lad brutally murdered by those scumbags in London yesterday...unfortunately they were only wounded the cowardly bas.tards when the police shot them..so now we mend them,take them to trial,and life them off in prison with telly,gym work ,wages,food,minimum cost for each approx ?2300 per week...and in a few years some do gooder will get them a good deal because their human rights were breached somewhere down the line wtf??..when is this government going to wake up???gutless sods.this is not a political or religious rant..it is based round common sense
      RIP my friend

Morning bear ..and how are you today?well done on the thread start and day 12 no alc..not so good on the cold ..hope you get it shifted soon.Have you no room to grow veg anywhere?that would save you a few bob.

goede morgen ltlw..hows you today?mood any better?Sounds like you were jumping from the frying pan into the fire with that apartment..appreciate it must be hard, but you will find the place for you eventually and when you do you will know.Stay strong ..its times like this that al decides to give you a helping hand !!!!you can do it

Morning G....you got the job..chief joke teller!!how are you today?all good?

Evening Ky..hows your day been today?any good Not doing too much strenuous work today...I ache in places that didnt know existed !!Leisurely swim today methinks..weighed myself this morning ..11st 2 which is as low as I am going..mind you changed my diet ..walnuts walnut oil, soya milk etc,plus I have done a fair bit of graft..hows business doing? any better for you?and the fags??Keep at it mate.

Morning Cinders...hows you today?Glad hubby is on the mend...now as for the strawberries.....if I pay postage can you send them here? love them!!!Any plans for today?
      take care ..have a good one

Morning Lav ,how are you today? seem to have fixed my computer slightly ...aheemmm bodged :H so it isnt as bad as before..doing a wee bit of planting today..but nothing strenuous..got a failed crop of beetroot taking up too much space so..orf they go.Second cuppa on the go...does one want to indulge? Chelsea flower show last night ..because it is the 100th anniversary they had 100 different lilies grown ..some beauties hybrids that will never be seen again ,some stunners..Any plans for today?grandchild watching?

Hi ppqp ...and how are you today? well did you get the promised rain?Its raining slightly her,but the two nutcase rabbits have decided they aint going in!!hows the job doing?Yep gimme the address I ll be right over you take it easy ..heres a coffee and have a great day

hiya..blondie ..and how are you this evening? how was your day?yep actually have got a cousin in Perth..but its in Jockland not Oz!!Hows about a vindaloo smoothie? not sure that would catch on!! glad you are getting a decent kip now at night.have a nice evening

well the time has come so its au revoir......tot morgen

AMAZING, SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES:

1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.
      2. Avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

3. For high blood pressure sufferers ~ simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. Remember to use a timer.

4. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

5. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.

6. You only need two tools in life - WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

7. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When They're Pushed Down The Stairs

An Arab Sheik was admitted to St Vincents Hospital for heart surgery, but prior to the surgery,
      the doctors needed to store his blood in case the need arose. As the gentleman had a rare type of blood,
      ... it couldn't be found locally, so, the call went out to all the states.
      Finally a Scot was located who had a similar blood type. The Scot willingly donated his blood for the Arab.
      After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman as appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW,
      diamonds & US dollars.
      A couple of days later, once again, the Arab had to go through a corrective surgery. His doctor telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate his blood again.
      After the second surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a thank-you card & a jar of candies.
      The Scotsman was shocked that the Arab this time did not reciprocate his kind gesture as he had anticipated.
      He phoned the Arab & asked him: "I thought you would be generous again, that you would give me a BMW, diamonds & money... But you only gave me a thank-you card & a jar of candies".
      To this the Arab replied: "Aye, but I now have Scottish blood in my veins".__

British Prime Minister David Cameron has announced he intends to make it more difficult to claim social security benefits.
      From next week the forms will only be printed in English Only.
      The Irish have solved their own fuel problems.
      They imported 50 Million tonnes of sand from the Arabs and they're going to drill for their own oil

Bloke walks into a pub and asks for a pint of anything except VB. Barman asks, "What's wrong with VB?" Bloke says, "I had 12 pints of VB last night and when I came round I was f--ing skint."
      Barman says, " 12 pints of anything costs about the same."
      Bloke replies, "Skint's my dog."

Wife says to husband "you only ever want sex when you're drunk. Husband says "that's not true....... sometimes I want a kebab"

Sky news report. The Irish have joined in the attack on Libya .
      They sent in 3 ships - 2 full of sand, and one full of cement..it was a mortar attack.

The missus asked if she pleased me in bed?
      I said "yes, I love that trick you do with your mouth." . . . "What trick?" she asked?
      "The one where you shut up and go to sleep!"

An assortment of high powered weapons and a stash of drugs including cocaine, heroin and ecstasy have been found behind the Job Centre in Liverpool . The locals are said to be in a state of shock........They had no idea they had a job centre!

Kate Middleton asked the Queen for advice on marriage and a long relationship... she replied "wear a seatbelt and don't piss me off!"

A fireman is polishing his fire engine outside the fire station when he notices a little girl next door in a little red cart with little ladders hung on the side and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.
      The little girl is wearing a fireman's helmet and has the cart tied to a dog and a cat.

The fire-fighter walks over to take a closer look:
      'That's a lovely fire engine,' he says admiringly.

'Thanks,' says the little girl. The fireman looks closer and notices the little girl has tied one of the cart's strings to the dog's collar and one to the cat's testicles.

'Little colleague,' says the fire-fighter, 'I don't want to tell you how to run your fire engine, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could probably go a lot faster.'

The little girl pauses for a moment, looks at the wagon, at the dog and at the cat, then shyly looks into the fireman's eyes and says:

'You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a fucking siren, would I?

My wife couldn't believe it when I got arrested for masturbating in a public place.

"What on earth were you thinking of?!" she screamed.

I replied "Not you, that's for sure."

At the end of a tiny deserted bar is a huge scouse bloke -6ft 5in tall and 350lbs. He's having a few beers when a short, well dressed and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him. After 3 or 4 beers, the queer fella finally picks up the courage to say something to the big scouser. Leaning over, he cups his huge ear:'Do you want a blow job?' he whispers. At this, the massive Mersysider leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks the man in the face. Knocking him off the stool, he proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar. Finally he leaves him, badly bruised, in the car park and returns to his seat as if nothing has happened. Amazed the bartender quickly brings over another beer. 'I've never seen you react like that' he says. 'Just what did he say to you?' 'I'm not sure' the big scouser replies. 'Something about a job

I?m in trouble with the wife. We were in bed naked and she asked what I would like to do most with her body.

Apparently ?Identify it? wasn?t the right answer.

My wife and I walked past a swanky new restaurant last night.
      "Did you smell that food?" she asked. "Incredible!"
      Being the nice guy I am, I thought, "Bugger it, I'll treat her"
      So we walked past it again.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Mick:mae all, and how are we all today?as you can see changed my avatar as a mark of respect to the poor lad brutally murdered by those scumbags in London yesterday...unfortunately they were only wounded the cowardly bas.tards when the police shot them..so now we mend them,take them to trial,and life them off in prison with telly,gym work ,wages,food,minimum cost for each approx ?2300 per week...and in a few years some do gooder will get them a good deal because their human rights were breached somewhere down the line wtf??..when is this government going to wake up???gutless sods.this is not a political or religious rant..it is based round common sense
        RIP my friend.

Gotta agree with you on this one!
        I see some strange stuff here, not this bad though, thankfully.
        Makes one very uncomfortable and wonder 'well, what the h_ll was that exactly?!!'
        Not sure, go home, forget it. Bizarre humans displaced in their minds is probably part of it? Don't care what the problem is to be honest. If you want to cause problems for people, do it in your own house. Blow it up, flush yourself down the toilet, whatever you feel like, but leave everyone else alone.
        Of course I (don't) mean this in the nicest most compassionate way...

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Just watched a clip on CNN.
          This is so twisted my god.

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

MAE friends,

(May I ask what MAE means? I assume Hello but not finding a sufficient answer using Google. Is it Welsh? If so, the site I found says it means There.)

Mick, Good on you for losing the weight you want. I know it isn't always easy. I have gained since my quit because I was craving sugar and carbs. That seems to be slowing down and I am now looking at how to lower my caloric intake without dieting. I don't diet well.

Kuya, I purchased one of the e-cigarrettes a month or so ago. This is not one of those you buy in a gas station, etc. It is an Ego e-cigarrette. I purchase the nicotine oil made in America only, as it has to pass rigorous testing to ensure there are no dangerous additives. I have reduced my real cigarette consumption way down and am now looking at going cigarette free in a couple of days. (I know, why not today? grin) However, it does seem to work a treat for me. A friend in AA uses one and said he finally quit smoking real cigs when he got sick with a cold. He has gone from 25 mg nicotine oil down to 12 mg. You can even get all the way down to 0 mg oil to "smoke" eventually.)

Just a thought. I am not sure about the availability in NZ, etc but throwing that out there if just quitting does not work.

The advantage to e-cigarettes is that you are only consuming the nicotine, not all the harmful other chemicals in cigarettes. E-cigs are controversial and you should read and decide for yourself but for the first time in my life, I feel I can really stop smoking cigarettes. I will keep you informed on my progress, if you wish.

ltlw, Take your time on a new place to live. You don't want to jump from a frying pan into a fire just to get away. Also, I think you should try to think about all the good things going on in your life right now. You have many to be grateful for. Try a few smiles when blue. That always seems to help me. I think it is difficult to feel angry or sad when you smile. Mick's jokes give me a lift every a.m. I am glad you are feeling better.

Bear, Great progress!! I used to have a cleaning lady and loved having the house clean when I got home from a trip. It let me spend my weekend with my family instead of cleaning. Unfortunately, now that I am not working, I am the cleaning lady. I fail miserably at that task. :upset:

PP, Lav, Det, Blondie, omg who am I forgetting???? Please have a wonderful day.

Here are some quotes that may help anyone feeling blue.

Gratitude Quotes

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust
            "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." - Thornton Wilder
            As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy
            At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer
            The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.
-- WIlliam James
            "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-- Oprah Winfrey
            He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus
            Off to read some more here before hubby wakes and wants coffee, etc.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Cinders...mae is a greeting that encompasses everyone ..irrespective of time zone....morning,afternoon ,evening.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Thank you, Mick. That is what I assumed but wanted to make sure.
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Good morning Abbers or MAE if you prefer

Rain & more rain today, oh well!
                  Yes, I do have a large, wet mulch pile sitting in my driveway :H

Greetings bear, LTLW, Mick, Cindi & everyone!
                  I ended up entertaining my DIL & grandsons yetserday. I think these boys will damage my hearing at some point, they are SO NOISEY :H
                  I've seen the news reports from London Mick, so sad. Punishemnets never do seem to fit the crime

I may or may not have a visit from my daughter & grandaughter today, but I hope so!
                  Right now I need to get my dog to the vet for a checkup - yay.

Have a great AF Thursday everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Hope you get rid of that cold soon. I think a cleaner is a good idea and paying for it with lunch money works.

LTLW...yup you are definetly getting there. Like your motto for today, calm, cool and collected. May be hard not having that afternoon nap after last night's non sleeping but it will definetly help with tonights sleep. I've been so busy lately haven't even been watching the news. Had to check out the CNN clip as well. Agree with your philosophy

Mick...thanks for the coffee, can use it this morning. Late night, long meeting, more responsibility dumped on me. Got to learn to say NO louder. Yup, promised rains arrived. Next 3 days could see up to 100mm of rain. To me it just sounds like "down" time. YAY! You take it easy on the old "bod" you only have one.

Cinders...see you got the answer to your question. I for one would be interested in your e-cig progress. I've been checking it out and would be interested on how it goes for you. Thanks for the gratitude posts, I love reading things like that.

Lav..."I may or may not have a visit from my daughter & grandaughter today, but I hope so!" That statement used to make me cringe as I would never know how much drinking I could get away with before someone showed up. I am grateful I don't live like that anymore. Hope the vet check goes smooth, enjoy your day.

Joke time with second cuppa. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

PQ,
                      Isn't it amazing how much we've changed? :H
                      I don't miss worrying about AL. Obviously it gives me more time to do better things!
                      The trip to the vet went well although it did cost me nearly $200!

My daughter decided to stay home today which is probably a good decision. I wouldn't want to worry about her being on the road tonight with the storms that are predicted. They are heading up to the Pocono mountains this weekend. Tent camping with a 2 year old :H Been there & done that :H
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DET!!!!!!
                        Hope you are having a great day
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Happy birthday Det..sowhat you going to do now that you are 21???:H:H:H

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DET

From your friendly rain soaked PPQP :H

Comment

AF Thu 23 may

Happy Birthday Det. Hope you're having a great day.
                              Lav - are you going to make a feature of your mulch pile - Mt Lav?
                              Mick - Don't think I could care for those guys in hospital (one of the many reasons I wouldn't make a good nurse/doctor :H) Great jokes - have to write a few down to try and remember them!
                              Love Perth - used to go there all the time - beautiful countryside.

Cool Friday but getting nice and warm later, so no fires this morning. We're getting Ben and Jerry's ice cream in a couple of weeks in WA - just as I'm cutting back on sugar again!

Comment

Working...
                              X