Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 25 May

Morning all!
    Since I posted what seems like just a few minutes ago (on the 25 May thread) I will just say hi and offer some tea and coffee. Yes its a new day here and I have to do a lot this weekend. Enjoyed my lie in bed with Alain Delon last night. Creepy but great movie.

Hi there Cinders - didn't say hi - yesterday -sorry. Keep your resolve up this weekend and I hope Hubby is well on the mend.

Catch you soberites later.

Destiniey - congrats on 10 months sober. Well done

:thumbs:

af Saturday 25 May

Looks like there are two Friday threads...so I will post here...even though its only 7pm Friday here.

Dest-CONGRATS ON 10 MONTHS!

Thank you Kuya and TT for asking about me. It is nice to be missed

I had something happen that opened emotional doors for me that I did not even know that existed. It caused a terrible panic attack. Processing of emotions. Or lack of processing. Then the flood gates opened. I e-mailed my teacher.....which it is school related.....in the sense that school opened the doors. Talked with a great yoga friend......and finally my husband last night.

Sometimes I want to stuff this inner journey crap right back where it was. Locked away. I have been having awful dreams....and I am sleeping like crap.

I have been eating hotdogs like they are going out of style. Not in the manner of an eating disorder....just every meal has to be a hotdog. I am actually losing weight. Maybe I should just go on a hotdog diet!

Only today did my gaze gander over towards the bar that is across the street from new place. But, my mind could not put together actually going there. Came home and cleaned like crazy.

And yes.....I am now cooking a hotdog for dinner.

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

There may be something in hotdogs your brain needs SF, though I can't imagine WTF it could be except they are very high in calcium and sodium. Try supplementing your minerals and see if it kills the craving.....otherwise just enjoy!

I am sharing a highly emotional week SF, following the upheaval of emotions surrounding my mother. It has left me drained and depressed. :upset:

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

morning treetops - thanks for the coffee - got my bucket here of continental rocket fuel and have taken my fish oil, multi vit, b complex,tyrosine and l glutamine. Cold rages on - putting nappy cream on nose to help with chafing!!

I survived last night af and had a good time at friend's - originally she was' I'm making you a rum toddy, you're staying,etc'Me 'I'm driving,don't want to smoke,booze makes me feel sick,had lots of cold pills etc etc'. It probably took a good solid 5 mins but I got through it - funny thing was she was tired anyway, we got pizza and watched dvds and she only had 2 drinks. If I had a drink I would have wanted more than that - may have just had 2 but it would have been a battle!

Day 14 here - longest for a long time - Jason Vale book is really helping me - viewing it as a positive and everyone being at different stages of addiction as alcohol is a drug.he tells you not to change what/where you go just because there will be alcohol there - working so far. My social circle has changed a lot in last few years and heavy drinkers,drug users, 'lets drink to get wasted and stay u until 5am as much as we can' element have fallen away. Derby team some don't drink, those who do drink drink very lightly so it's a non issue that I don't drink.

Booked physio appt for dodgy knee for next Saturday, hair cut and eyebrow threading today and hygienist next week,quote for a house clean and spa day Monday after. These are good things to spend money on

SF - I go through stages of cravings - I say go with it - you will be sick of them soon.

Kuya - I read that experiencing emotions sober is like starting again, but if we feel our emotions they do fade.Be nice to yourself.

Happy sober Saturday everyone.
        one day at a time

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

Hiya Bear

Well done you:wd: on not caving in to your friend's urgings.
          I can just see myself in the past urging others to drink - esp when I was being the host. I thought it was part of being generous and kind. But it was also so I would not be obviously drinking more. Which I was. Much more.
          Cringe. Cringe.

Enjoy the rest of your day and your night out.

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

mae all..how is everyone?Suns out here shining bright...been playing in the greenhouse,rabbits are out playing ,....so the world is a grand place.Went swimming yesterday...certainly feeling it today..ouch and I am out tomorrow.Not kicking the ass out of it ,but cos its so nice might get the sunbeds out..oh yes first courgettes and strawberries have appeared on the respective plants
            Tea and coffee on the go ...
            evening TT .how are you this fine day?have you been working or chill day?You said you were going to be busy...but dont know whether that was personal stuff or "work" work

Evening Ky...hows you tonight?Feeling any better ?..you know where I am mate :l .7 degrees..in real money thats about 44 degs..looxoory!!!

Morning SF....nice to hear from you...glad you are doing well......(not as well as the hot dog company by the sound of it!!)Sometimes we read into things too deeply..we get crazes and then they just fade.....think about the crazes you have had in the phasaes n crazies..more to the point you stayed away from the bar over the road ..well done

Morning Lav...hows you today?Cuppa? here you go....Mulch minding/moving this weekend or child minding?Chelsea flower show ends today...the great sell off..hmm get my own bargain plants!!!

Marnin Cinders..hows cool Allybama today?Any plans for the day? Glad the jokes appealed....and well done on another sober day.

morning ppqp ..hows you today?hae a great day with your dad..make sure you get those cards done!..just going out to gie the rabbits their brekkie...dining outside today its that nice..spoilt or what :H...2 methods of composting
            Method 1
            Make or get a large container
            put all your vegetable/kitchen waste in it.Be careful ensure that it is all chopped down small enough to break down quicker.Do not put excessive amounts of grass cuttings in..they are quite difficult to break down.Cover container so that the heat can break it down.Turn layers on a regular basis..if necessary put in some composting additive

Method 2
            Jump in car
            Drive to garden centre
            Grab a bag of compost
            Pay the man!!! :H:H

Have a great day

Hi blondie..bank holidays,traffic jams ,shopping,looking at tiles...talk about being spoiled youve got it all there!!!
            By the way..just an observation..not a right clever idea confessing to have possible pyromaniacal tendencies in Oz..especially with all the fires..watch out for the early morning knock from the cops after that confession :H

Right russia time..moscow!!!early start tomorrow so I will nip in during the day

cya

3 van loads of pikeys arrive at the Pearly Gates,,,

St Peter asks how many are you? 40 is the reply,

St Peter says he will have to consult God.

God tells him to only let the ten tallest in as they are over quota with pikeys.

Pete goes off to deliver the news but returns within 5 minutes, "they`ve gone" he tells God,

God asks "what the 40 of them"?

"No" replys St Pete, "The Gates" !!

A man met a beautiful blonde lady and decided he wanted to marry her right away.

She said, 'But we don't know anything about each other.'

He said, 'That's all right, we'll learn about each other as we go along.'
            So she consented, they were married, and off they went on a honeymoon at a very nice resort.

One morning they were lying by the pool, when he got up off of his towel, climbed up to the 10 metre board and did a two and a half tuck, followed by three rotations in the pike position, at which point he straightened out and cut the water like a knife.

After a few more demonstrations, he came back and lay down on the towel.

She said, 'That was incredible!'

He said, 'I used to be an Olympic diving champion. You see, I told you we'd learn more about each other as we went along.'

So she got up, jumped in the pool and started doing lengths.

After seventy-five lengths she climbed out of the pool, lay down on her towel and was hardly out of breath.

He said, 'That was really impressive, it was marvelous!
            Were you an Olympic endurance swimmer?'

'No,' she said, 'I was a prossie in Liverpool but I worked both sides of the Mersey.

I was on a train this morning, in the loo.having a cr.p, when a voice called out "Can I see your ticket please?"

"Not right now." I replied, "I'm having a cr.p."

"I don't believe you." Said the voice. "Slide it under the door."

"No probs," I said. "The yellow bits are Sweetcorn!"

The judge says to a double-homicide defendant, "You're charged with beating your wife to death with a hammer."
            A voice at the back of the courtroom yells out, "You bastard!"

The judge says, "You're also charged with beating your mother-in-law to death with a hammer."

... The voice in the back of the courtroom yells out, "You rotten bastard!"

The judge stops and says to the guy in the back of the courtroom, "Sir, I can understand your anger and frustration at these crimes, but no more outbursts from you, or I'll charge you with contempt. Is that understood?"

The guy in the back of the court stands up and says, "I'm sorry, Your
            Honour, but for fifteen years, I've lived next door to that assehole, and every time I asked to borrow a hammer, he said he didn't have one ."

An extremely ugly woman walks into a shop with her two kids. The man at the counter asks, "Are they twins? "The woman says, "No, he's nine and she's seven." Then she says, "Why? Do you think they look alike?" "No," he replies. "I just can't believe you got laid twice!"

My mate set me up on a blind date.

He said, ?She?s a lovely girl, but there?s something you should know? She?s expecting a baby.?

I felt like a right f.cking idiot waiting in the pub wearing nothing but a nappy.

I was about to pull out of a parking space when I asked my wife, "Are there any cars approaching?"

"No," she said, looking out of the passenger window.

As I manoeuvred onto the road she added, "Just a lorry."

Two Glaswegians, Archie and Jimmy, are sitting in the pub discussing Jimmy's forthcoming wedding.

"Och, it's all goin' pure brilliant," says Jimmy.

"Ay've got everythin' organised ulriddy, the fluers, the Kirk, the motor caurs,
            ... the reception, the rings, the minister, even ma stag night".

Archie nods approvingly.

"Ay've even bought a kilt to be married in!" continues Jimmy.

"A kilt?" exclaims Archie, "That's magic, you'll look pure smart in that.
            What's the tartan?"

"Och," says Jimmy, "Ah'd imagine she'll be in white.

A Welshman, a sheep, and a dog weresurvivors of a shipwreck. They found themselves stranded on a deserted island.

After being there a while, they got into the habit of going to the beach everyevening to watch the sun set. One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red,with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle; a perfect nightfor romance. As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better tothe Welshman.

Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it, but the dog gotjealous and began growling fiercely until Taffy took his arm from around thesheep. After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets togetherbut there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by, and lo and behold, there was another shipwreck. The onlysurvivor, was a beautiful young woman, the most beautiful woman the Taff hadever seen. She was in a pretty bad way when they rescued her, but they slowlynursed her back to health.

When the young maiden was well enough, they introduced her to their eveningbeach ritual It was another beautiful evening; red sky, cirrus clouds, a warmand gentle breeze--perfect for a night of romance. Pretty soon, the Taffystarted to get "those feelings" again.

He fought them as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned over tothe young woman, cautiously, and whispered in her ear...

"Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?"

A young family moved into a house next door to an empty plot. One day, a gang of building workers turned up to start building on the plot.
            The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all
            the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.
            She hung around and eventually the builders, all with hearts of gold,
            more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot. They
            ... chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch
            breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel
            important.
            They even gave the child her very own hard hat and gloves, which thrilled her immensely.
            At the end of the first week, the smiling builders presented her with a
            pay envelope - containing two pounds in 10p coins. The little girl took
            her 'pay' home to her mother who suggested that they take the money to the bank the next day to open a savings account.
            At the bank, the female cashier was tickled pink listening to the little
            girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact she
            had a 'pay packet'.
            'You must have worked very hard to earn all this', said the cashier.
            The little girl proudly replied, 'Yes, I worked every day with Steve and
            Wayne and Mike. We're building a big house.'
            'My goodness gracious,' said the cashier, 'And will you be working on the house again next week?'
            The child thought for a moment. Then she said seriously:
            'I think so. Provided those wankers at Jewsons deliver the fucking
            bricks on time.

Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball.

It was a lovely service.

Guy comes home with a bouquet of flowers for his wife. "I guess I'll have to spread my legs now." She says. "Why" he asks, "don't you have a vase?"

My wife was in the bathroom for hours getting ready to go out when finally the door swung open and she said, "Honestly , do I look fat in this". I replied, " Yes love, but to be fair, it's only a small bathroom."

This exchange was reported as occurring at Athens airport.

Greek Immigration officer:........."Nationality?​"

Tourist:......................​............."Germa n"

Immigation officer....................."O​ccupation?"

Tourist:......................​............."No, just on holiday"

My deaf girlfriend started talking in her sleep last night... Nearly had my bloody eye out!

An Australian ventriloquist visiting New Zealand walks
            Into a small village and sees a local sitting on his veranda patting his dog.

He figures he'll have a little fun, so he says to the Kiwi

... 'G'day, mind if I talk to your dog?'

Villager: 'The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Aussie.'

Ventriloquist: 'Hello dog, how's it going mate?'

Dog: 'Yeah, doin' all right.'

Kiwi: (look of extreme shock)

Ventriloquist: 'Is this villager your owner?' (pointing at the Villager)

Dog: 'Yep'

Ventriloquist: 'How does he treat you?'

Dog: 'Yeah, real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me
            Great food And takes me to the lake once a week to play.'

Kiwi: (look of utter disbelief)

Ventriloquist: 'Mind if I talk to your horse?'

Kiwi: 'Uh, the horse doesn't talk either...I think.'

Ventriloquist: 'Hey horse, how's it going?'

Horse: 'Cool'

Kiwi: (absolutely dumbfounded)

Ventriloquist: 'Is this your owner?' (Pointing at the villager)

Horse: 'Yep'

Ventriloquist: How does he treat you?

Horse: 'Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly,
            Brushes me down often and keeps me in the shed to protect me
            From the Elements.'

Kiwi: (total look of amazement)

Ventriloquist: 'Mind if I talk to your sheep?'

Kiwi: (in a panic) 'The sheep's a f**kin' liar......

A little reminder to the those who took part in the London Riots of 2011........your manufacturers years warranty has run out on your Electrical goods !!!!

A woman is looking for broccoli in a supermarket. Not finding any, she approaches a stockboy and asks him whether he has any broccoli. "Sorry ma'am, we won't have broccoli until next week." Unconvinced, she goes looking for broccoli again, and not finding any, she approaches the stockboy again. "Like I said last time ma'am, we don't have any broccoli right now and won't have any until next week." Undeterred by what she didn't want to hear, she goes looking for broccoli, and not finding any, approaches the same stockboy a third time to inquire. The stockboy says: "Look ma'am, can you spell 'cat' as in catfish"?
            Woman: Sure, C-A-T.
            Stockboy: And can you spell 'dog', as in dogwood?
            Woman: Of course, D-O-G.
            Stockboy: So, can you spell 'fuck', as in broccoli?
            Woman (perplexed): But there isn't any 'fuck' in broccoli!
            Stockboy: That's what I've been trying to tell you. There ain't no fuckin' broccoli.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

Good morning Abbers

I am seeing some sunshine - yay!
              But it is super chilly, crazy because I just heard they are talking about a heatwave (three days of 90 degree weather) next week

Greetings TT, thanks for the coffee & I hope you are not working too hard!

SF & kuya, I have learned that thoughts & feelings are just that & they won't really hurt us. Just observe them, acknowledge them & move on to something else! We are in charge of what our minds are doing

Hi bear, great on 14 days!!!
              Choosing to spend time with friends with healthier attitudes is the way to go!

Mick, looks like I will finally get to moving some of that darn mulch today :H
              I heard there was a big exhibition of garden gnomes at the Chelsea flower show & they were to be auctioned off for charity. I wonder what a gnome painted by Elton John actually looks like & how much $$ it would bring in for charity :H

OK, off I go to try to get some back breaking work done.
              Have a terrific AF Saturday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and I hope this is the only thread going. Got pretty confused yesterday, thought I'd posted then couldn't find it.

SF...good to see you, glad you posted on today's thread cause I wouldn't have found it yesterday. :H Wow, I've been craving hotdogs too. Have never eaten so many of them. Sorry you're having a rough go of it right now. Sounds just like AA's Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. I know it's hard looking at all the things we've buried but you will find it's so worth going throught it and letting it all go. :angel:"PPP":angel:

KY...sorry your week has been so emotional as well. Was going to say it goes hand in hand with spring cleaning but you're into fall now. Do something nice for yourself when you get up.

Bear...good job on getting through your evening AF. Bet you felt pretty good about yourself this morning. Congrats on 2 weeks. Sounds like you've got some pretty positive activites planned for the next week or two, keep up the good work.

Mick...thanks for the coffee, I can almost hear the sunshine in your post, now don't overdo things. Yup that's the concern with building the compost bins, people won't chop their waste up. Maybe posting the directions to the garden shop is the way to go. Have fun outside today.

Lav...sounds like it's moving day today. Just as well it's not too hot as you'll be working up a sweat anyways. It's funny, I've been experiencing some anxiety lately too and I actually do tell myself outloud that it's just a thought and then choose to change it. And it works. Never thought I'd ever be able to do that. Don't work too hard today.

:wow: Batteries in the mouse died, thought my lappie had froze just as I was finishing this. New batteries and all's well. Off to fill the tummy up, I'm out of hotdogs, and read jokes. Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

af day Sun 26 May

starting the Sunday thread - this is a mistake!!

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

down with food poisoning here. icky! wish I had an appetite. Sun, the worst part of a hotdog is the bun. otherwise, if you can find a naturally made one...go for it.

Bear, great job on keeping up the good fight.

back to the toilet. (sorry...TMI)

xxxx
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

Tough break Det...:l hope you're over it soon.

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

treetops;1510589 wrote: starting the Sunday thread - this is a mistake!!
                        OK, so it's not a mistake to start the Sunday thread, getting used to that.
                        Is the mistake that you posted it as a reply instead of starting a new thread?

Consider it a "heads up" Sunday thread started. Mick will know where to find it now. :H

Comment

af Saturday 25 May

Hello Affers,

So sorry you are sick, Det. :l:l

My class didn't happen today. I showed up on time and in the right place and nada.

I sent an email but figure I will have to wait until Tuesday to find out what happened.

Hubby is driving me crazy doing too much.

He is driving me crazy in general. The end of next week will not come soon enough. Retirement scares the heck out of me.

Big roast in the slow cooker simmering along. Hubby's food needs to be extra soft for him to digest it.

Having bad family issues with son and his wife right now. I am not sure how all will pan out but I am darned sure I am not getting involved. I can do nothing about any of it and they have to grow up one way or the other.

Deep breaths, meditation, staying calm, Serenity Prayer.

Hope all are doing find.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X