af Sunday 26 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 26 May

Morning, Afters, Evening Folks. I am posting this early - partly so we don't get thread confusion. Also cos I am up early - its another busy day - afraid these are work work days and not chill days. Weekends are sometimes the only time I get a chance to do some writing. Don't worry I will blob in the near future and it will not be with the demon drink:alf:

Bear - glad you are not playing with Mr/Ms Creepy (booze!) - keep away from it girl!

Lav - no worries with you and that one. Just make sure you have some me time and enjoy your crazy weather

Mick - evening for your now - relaxing after a day in Wonderland? Did you see Alice? Mad Hatter - or just bunnies? I can see you are not bored (more on that later).

Kuya - with you there on the third world state of heating here. Guess what me and my partner G. argue about in winter? The bloody fire - all the hassles of stacking wood, lighting, cleaning it etc etc. Romantic it is not. We do have a brilliant heat pump and heaters in all the rooms and an electricity bill to match. And lots of extension cords that also drive me crazy.
    Funny how the with the wireless house we have there are more wires than ever:H:nutso:

Cinders - big hello to you too, and to SF, SL, Det, Blondie, PPQP, LTLW, YahYah and everyone else who has decided that Mr or Ms Nasty Creepy Demon is boring, sick and destructive.

I think I will go with the boring bit. I hate being bored and thought that once i quit that my life would be boring:H Not so at all. It was booze that was boring. The activities around booze may not be boring but the stuff itself is - especially when it drags on and on and on - hells we even used to have to pass out to escape from it for a few hours.

Cheerio. Sermon over. Time to make some coffee and get the pancake mix made.

af Sunday 26 May

hi all...out early tomorrow..so thought I would put up tonight...weather has been gorgeous today...been dans le jardin most of the day..big hello to everyone..hope you all managed to do what you wanted to do ..without the demon drink sneaking up..will pop in tomorrow (Sunday)
    today in the garden

Hear about the clumsy circumciser? He slipped and got the sack

4 Men were sitting around a campfire near the beach. They were all philosophizing on what the fastest thing in the world was.
    The first man says "You know, I think the fastest thing is a thought because before you can think it's already thought"
    The second replies "No way, the fastest thing is a blink before you think to blink you've blinked already!"
    Then the third man breaks in and says "The fastest thing has to be electricity because when you turn on the light, it travel's fast and the light comes on instantly"
    "You're all wrong" says the last man "The fastest thing is diarrhea"
    "Diarrhea?!" They all say
    "Yes, cos last night before i could think, blink or switch the light on I'd shit myself"

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.

He has his food prepared for him.

He can eat whenever he wants.

His meals are provided at no cost to him.

He visits the Doctor once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.

For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him.

He lives in a nice neighbourhood in a house that is much larger than he needs, but he is not required to do any upkeep.

He makes no contribution to the running or maintenance of the house.

If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.

He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.

He receives these accommodations absolutely free.

He is living like a King, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.

All of his costs are picked up by others who go out, work hard, and earn a living every day.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head.

I think my dog is an IMMIGRANT

Thieves have stolen 20 crates of Red Bull from my local corner shop..I don't know how these bastards sleep at night.

The wife has been hinting for Xmas. "An i-pad or an i-phone... anything with an 'i' really" she keeps saying.

I've gone one better than that. Hope she likes the j-cloths.

how do you make a cat flap

throw it out the window

One day, a priest decides to take a walk to the pier near his church. He looks around and finally stops to watch a fisherman load his boat. The fisherman notices, and asks the priest if he would like to join him for a couple of hours. The priest agrees. The fisherman asks if the priest has ever fished before; the priest says no. He baits the hook for him and says, "Give it a shot, father."

After a few minutes, the priest hooks a big fish and struggles to get it in the boat. The fisherman says, "Whoa, what a big sonofabitch!"

The priest says, "Ah, please sir, can you mind your language?"

The fisherman responds (thinking quickly), "I'm sorry father, but that's what this fish is called---a sonofabitch!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," says the priest. "I didn't know."

After the trip, the priest brings the fish to the church and spots the bishop. "Eminence, look at this big sonofabitch!"

"Please father," says the bishop. "Mind your language, this is a house of God."

"No, you don't understand," says the priest. "That's what this fish is called, and I caught it. I caught this sonofabitch!"

"Hmmm," says the bishop. "You know, I could clean this sonofabitch and we could have it for dinner."

So the bishop takes the fish and cleans it, and brings it to Mother Superior at the convent.

"Mother Superior, could you cook this sonofabitch for our dinner tonight with the Pope?"

"My lord, what language!" says the mother.

"No, sister," says the bishop. "That's what the fish is called---a sonofabitch! Father caught it, I cleaned it, and we'd like you to cook it"

"Hmmm," replies Mother Superior. "Yes, I'll cook that sonofabitch tonight."

While the Pope is over for dinner that evening he remarks that the fish is superb. He asks where they got it.

"I caught the sonofabitch!" says the priest.

"And I cleaned the sonofabitch!" says the bishop.

"And I cooked the sonofabitch!" says Mother Superior.

The Pope stares at them for a minute with a steely gaze, takes off his hat, puts his feet up on the table, and says, "You know, you fuckers are all right.".

There are some horrible bastards about. I heard a cat crying outside so i opened the door and four Liverpool fans were playing football with it. I was just about to phone the RSPCA when the cat went 1-0 up.

have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

MAE Abbers.......beautiful Sunday morning here, awake early due to having to check a whelp ing bitch.....all well but I will be feeling tired later.

TT....we should be grateful for short winters I suppose. I love older properties except for the heating issues. Plus my main living area has a lot of glass doors and huge glass windows.....oh well.....still wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

You are in ChCh aren't you? My son now travels the country with his job and was there a couple weeks ago. He was saying how devastated the heart was but how huge the rebuild plan was also. I am so sorry I never got round to seeing it pre earthquake.

Mick.....your garden is amazing, also the quality of the light is so different in the northern hemisphere......I do miss spring in England .....it was my favourite time. The seasons here are less dramatic.

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Where is the Mad Hatter - Mick??:H:H
        Lovely garden though!

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Goede morgen allemaal.
          Amazing photos Mick, LOVE the pastures. You were not kidding, looks like you found 'the' spot!
          Yesterday was a lovely day. We were off exploring, what else? I am doing fine, this week will speed by in a flash and then we are off for a while.

Coffee anyone?
          March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
          May 29: back to day 1
          June: The battle continues......

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

morning - just had my huge coffee - typing this from in bed.I'm still ill so all I achieved yesterday was getting my hair cut, eyebrows still need sorting.

They can wait - cancelled evening at friend's (reluctantly),ordered very hot curry in attempt to blast out my cold - it worked a little. I fell asleep in front of TV before 10pm so I wouldn't have been great company. House needs cleaning,need to get on with washing, that will have to wait until tomorrow as well.

I'm not good at being ill and doing nothing - as you can probably see!I need to feed my friend's cat this morning and that will be it I think for today.

So today will be cats, kindle, DVDs, soup and leftover curry and dressing gown/sofa.
            Glad I'm sober but to be honest I in no way fancy booze/smoking right now!I need to let myself rest and I know that - just not so good at doing it.

I'm always trying to plan what I need to do even when I am 'resting' made myself a list - I am giving myself permission to just do nothing - will see how that goes!
            one day at a time

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Bear
              Do. Nothing. Rest.
              Maybe feed the cat. Eat. Drink non AL fluids.
              No more lists.:tsk:

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

TT is right Bear, forget the lists!
                Feed the cat and then focus on resting.
                March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                May 29: back to day 1
                June: The battle continues......

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

thanks everyone - am own worst enemy - I've got no energy,feel blue,not really fancying food. I have crisps, orange juice, vitamins and cold pills, strawberries and soup/leftover curry - easy stuff, can't be doing with cooking.

Feeding cat seems like monumental task!5 min drive away - will get it done and then i can relax. Getting my hair cut yesterday was exhausting!

thanks - good to know you are all here.Giving myself another hour in bed then pulling clothes on,feeding cat and then back to bed/sofa and DVDs.
                  one day at a time

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Good morning Abbers

Det, sure hope you are feeling better today

Bear, take it easy, OK?
                    Hope you feel better very soon!

Greetings TT, kuya, LTLW & Mick!
                    Great garden pics Mick - very nice!

Greetings to PQ, YahYah, SF, SL & everyone - hope you are all having a nice weekend.
                    I spent the day spreading mulch yesterday & am feelig fairly crippled this morning, ugh. I am going to take my grandsons & their mama to the zoo today & leave the mulch alone

OK, off I go for more coffee & search for my energy :H
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

MAE ALL...

TT...Thanks for kicking us off. I think I'll go with destructive.

Mick...There appears to be a bright yellow thing outside, wonder what it is? Are the little plant hoodies electric or do you have to manually open them? Great pics! Yup did what I wanted yesterday, had a lovely visit with my Dad. Stopped by the gardens to make sure they weren't floating down the road, all's well. Taking it easy today as well, hope you enjoy your day out.

KY...didn't realise about the different light quality, learn something knew everyday. Just as well the seasons are less dramatic, we've all had enough drama in our lives.

LTLW...bet you can hardly wait for the week to be done. So glad you are doing fine.

Bear...hope you got the cat fed and are now snuggled in with housecoat and kindle. Feel better soon and listen to your MWO family, no more lists.

Lav...good on you for starting on the mulch. Yup I agree, it'll be there when you get back from the zoo. Have a lovely, relaxing time.

Off to read Mick's jokes, AA meeting later this morning and a stop at the gardens for no reason. Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

MAE fabsters! It's a glorious Sunday here, warm and breezy and not too hot. Sweet! It's good to see everyone on here doing well and staying away from the booze.

You sure are right about the booze being boring, TT. Luckily, most of the activities we did while drinking, we can do sober as well, except random falling down, passing out, throwing up and possibly hurting ourselves or getting a DUI. I'd rather be sober. Besides, if you do find yourself feeling bored, you are in a much better position to do something about it if you're sober, right? You are sounding good.

Mick--what can I say; your garden is fabulous. Did you make those cloches or purchase them? They are very cool. I love your bucolic views. Am I correct in assuming that those are cows in the fields? You are also sounding very good yourself!

Kuya, will you have time for a little nap? I hope you get a little rest today. I'm glad that your practice is evening out a bit. Being self employed is such an up and down ride. One can go from rags to riches and back to rags several times in the course of a year. It sounds like a lot of work staying warm in your charming, but older house.

It's good to hear you sounding more upbeat, Winter. Is it finally starting to warm a little bit at least? I'll bet your days are very long about now.

So sorry to hear that you are still ill, bear. I will join the MWO chorus--REST! a day with DVD's and your Kindle sounds very relaxing. Hope you feel better soon!

Morning, Lavande. I hope your aches and pains are working themselves out today and that you have a nice day at the zoo. Has the weather finally cleared up by you?

You must get up early on the weekends, PPQP! I'm happy that you had a good day yesterday, and TBH, I find that stopping by the garden for "no reason" is a lovely thing to do, and very addictive.

I was feeling rather punk for a few days there, physically. I'm only really feeling better today--perhaps because I am on a course of antibiotics. It feels good to be thinking about something other than how crappy I feel. I did finally go dancing last night though and soon forgot feeling bad. It was great to be back on the dance floor. It feels like it's been months.

I have a bit of a dilemma. My suitemates and I have to leave our office at the end of June. We were out looking at spaces yesterday, and the nicest space was clear over on the other side of town and is $200/month more than what I am paying now. I am considering moving my practice into my home, where I have a big, unused family room that has a separate entrance. For the most part, I think it would be good to move my practice here, particularly considering how much I've been worried about money, but I will miss my colleagues. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do any of you work out of your home? I'd like to hear some feedback if you have any.

Anyway, I want to get some stuff done today that I've been putting off for feeling lousy, so I will go at it.

Have a good day all, and have a great sober day.

:l
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

YahYah, do it!!!!!!

Yes, it's a little lonely at times but you can still go meet friends for lunch, dinner, whatever.
                          I am not running a professional practice here like you but I really enjoy working from home. The commute is fabulous, especially in bad weather :H
                          My customers/clients are very relaxed when they come here.

Think about it
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

mae abbers

beautiful scenery Mick! We had a house that backed onto cown fields when I was a kid - don't think I did the cows any good by feeding them bread :H

Yah - Good to see you back on the dancefloor! I think it's a good time to work from home since you were a bit worried about lack of clientelle. You can always look around later if it doesn't work out, but it looks like great timing to try that (look at all the signs the Universe is giving you)

Lav - you should hire a little bobcat for your mulch pile and you'll be done in a jiffy (ought to take my own advice, though)

Hi Kuya and TT - I love the NZ houses, but the heating... same here with the old houses. (won't mention pyromania again Mick - thanks for the nod!)

PPQ - Sunny days? Was it bikini weather? ! Glad you had a nice visit with your Dad.

Hope everyone has a great af day. My partner had 2 days af which pleased me no end, but I must confess to (briefly) hoping that he'd drink Still trying to work that one out.
                            The tiling expedition was more complicated than I thought; gosh there are soooo many different tiles - even just "plain" white!!
                            Getting light now, so shall try and do something productive today (like unpack boxes - maybe!)

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

I was out at an amazing concert last night. She really is an icon and brought me to tears at the end.

Kuya...I relate to what you are going through. I am just not sure if dredging up the past is good or bad. For me so far it has not been helpful.

PP....I have done step 4.....and never found it all that helpful. Step 5 and 6 not helpful. That is for me only. They have helped several.....but, I am choosing to not do that.

That all said....I have talked with friends and decided the massage therapy route is not for me. I will finish out the quarter. But, my true passion is yoga.....and I need to stick with that. I do not get quit my day job

Comment

Working...
                              X