mon 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 27th

mae..all how are we today? couldnt check in yesterday...forgot my phone..more to the point..forgot my food!!Weather was absolutely gorgeous ..yes long may it continue..supposed to be rubbish today but its really sunny at the mo....ideal holiday weather

Tea and coffee on the go..

Evening TT how are you? still working?Isnt that strange? we argue over the same things at times!!!the heating...madam likes the hoose like an oven..I dont.Its all gas fired central heating and I think it dries the air out..if thats all there is to argue about then hey who cares?

Evening Ky bank holiday Monday here and the suns out so you can guess what state the roads will be in today!!Nowts changed since you left pack up kids n car and orf to jolly old Blackpool for the day to get happily ripped off by every shyster thats there!!..Me just bimble about a bit..got to pick the outlaws up from the airport later..know that convo off by heart now!!..apartments good/bad, food good/bad,beer has gone up to ..whatever a pint !!!what have you been doing with yourself today? still working?have a good evening mate...how are you feeling now?

Goede morgen ltlw...well out exploring yesterday were you?anywhere nice?Is it next week you go to America?Week on Friday and I am off to Menorca for a week..so garden kinda needs to be sorted out for then.Are you on holiday today or working?

Hi bear how you doing today? feeling any better? pointless doing anything if you dont feel well..do nowt!!

Morning Lav....one huge cawfee for you..seeing you made a start into the mulch pile :applaud:did you go to the zoo yesterday?Think we have got shares in Chester zoo..seems like we are always there Any plans for today?have a great day.

Morning ppqp and hows you today?you sound real cheery..good for you..glad visit went well..nope the grow tunnels you have to open by hand..though if you were really techie you could work them by electric..by using a greenhouse vent opener on them all..just as easy and cheaper to lift them...glad your gardens arent floating away

Hi YAH...hows you today?Some of thecloches I bought in a sale ages ago?2 each..I also made 3 or 4 of the bigger ones thatyou can see .It is quite good for growing plants to full size under cover ..ie cabbages and onions.If you look at the garden pic, not the greenhouse, the big frame has onions shallot sand lettuce in it..next to it are carrots,next to that long radish,then more lettuce,large radish,lettuce spring onions and leeks.
    Border behind has cabbage,broccoli beetroot,garlic,broad beans,lettuce and hers..chives rocket and sage.Cattle in the fields are longhorns..in the pic there are 2 on the right on their own..one of them is the bull.The field behind my greenhouse has 10 horses in it at the moment..in about a months time the farmer brings the cattle down into this field..last year we watched them calving ..it was fascinating.
    Glad you are feeling a bit better...as for working from home makes sense to me.You have somewhere vacant to work from which can be kept separate from your home life.You are currently paying for it ,so wouldnt cost you much more to sort out..no contest..as for missing your mate(s) ,phone text,and meet up with the dosh you will save..as long as you can start on the right foot and keep work and home separate

Hiya Blondie and hows you today?didnt get the bit about your partner drinkingany plans for this evening ..apart from unpacking more boxes!!!!!!have a good one

Morning SF..how are you ?sorry the massage thing isnt for you......doesnt really matter what you do ..as long as you enjoy it and it helps!!

Hi Cinders..wow you sound pretty busy at the mo...dont forget you time in all this have a great day today..dont do too much

right peeps Im offski ..potter about the garden time so take care and have a great day

cya

I must have misheard the wife when she said I should focus on getting 'a new direction'
    The look on her face when I was arrested in Tesco's, naked with a hard on!

My friend told me he had sex with his girlfriend and her twin.

I asked him how he could tell them apart?

He said her brother has a moustache.

My computer asked me to enter a password with at least 8 characters, so my new password is now SnowWhiteAndTheSevenDwarves

I braked as hard as I could but still hit the car in front of me.
    A gorgeous blonde jumped out and shouted, "why dont you just ram me up the arse!"

And thats where the confusion began Your Honour

I was threatened that if I did not pay my rent promptly I would be beaten up and have my legs broken.....
    I think my Dad takes Monopoly far too seriously

I have just found out my son has become sexually active
    It`s not the news you want to hear from the Vet

I went to the Doctor and told him I could hear voices coming from my underpants.
    "Take no notice of them" he said "they are just talking B*ll*cks"

Some bastard nicked a pair of my wifes knickers off the washing line yesterday
    She not worried about the knickers, shes more angry over losing 12 pegs

I was at work in Asda when, while I was rearranging the washing powder, the lady i'm dating walked by.

She yelled at me "You told me you was a stunt pilot you lying sod"

I replied "No I didn't, I told you I was part of an Ariel display team"

I spent two hours at my wife's grave today.

She thinks I'm digging a pond.

A woman was shopping at a local supermarket where she selected -
    2 litres of low fat milk
    1 carton of eggs
    1 litre of orange juice
    1 head of lettuce
    2 cans of coffee, and
    1 pack of bacon.

As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to
    check out, a drunk standing behind her watched as she
    placed the items in front of the cashier.

While the cashier was ringing up her purchases, the drunk
    calmly stated, "You must be single."

The woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but
    she was intrigued by the derelict's intuition since she was
    indeed single.

She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing
    particularly unusual about her selections that could have
    tipped off the drunk to her marital status.

With curiosity getting the better of her she said, "Well you
    know what? You're absolutely correct. But how on earth
    did you know that?"

The drunk replied "Because you're ****ing ugly."

A man sees a sign outside a house - 'Talking Dog for Sale.' He rings the bell; the owner appears and tells him the dog can be viewed in the back garden.
    The man sees a very nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.
    "Do you really talk?" he asks the dog. "Yes," the Labrador replies. After recovering from the shock of hearing the dog talk, the man asks, ?So, tell me your story." The Labrador looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I was sold to the SAS. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders; because no one imagined that a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years".

"But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at Heathrow Airport to do some undercover security work, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded several medals". "Then I got married, had a few puppies, and now I've just retired."

The man is amazed. He goes back into the house and asks the owner how much he wants for the dog. "Ten quid," the owner says.
    "?10!!? But this dog is absolutely amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheaply?"

"Because he's a lying bastard, he's never been out of the garden."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

mon 27th

morning Mick - I feel a bit better I think thanks.

I'm still quite weak and tired - have slept for most of yesterday and ten hours last night. Today all I have is a physio coming to look at my knee and later off for dinner with friends. That's it - no more - well maybe a sneaky load of washing.

Day 16 here and looking forward to enjoying a bit of sun hopefully.
    one day at a time

Comment

mon 27th

Morning Mick, Bear and Fabbies everywhere,

Get well soon Bear. Congratulations on day 16 AF. Great work friend. Keep it going.

Day 15 here. Getting over small dose of manful, otherwise everything's grand as.

Wishing all a safe, sober, and magical day and evening.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

mon 27th

Evening all here. Just a quick post as this is with the I pad and I hate typing on it. All well here. I am off to Europe next week for a conference.
        Come on Blondie Spill the beans. Why do you want ??? Hubby to drink. Something going on there.
        No holiday here but hope others enjoy their day off

Comment

mon 27th

TT where in Europe are you off t..anywhere nice
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

mon 27th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Popped by the garden yesterday and marked off the pumpkin patch we're making to use up the left over dirt. Work will see me back in my own office as the holidaying co-worker will be back. And boss just started his two weeks off so all's well in my world. Enjoy your holiday Monday.

Bear...glad you're feeling a bit better. Don't do too much too soon, physio coming to you is a good idea. If you're not up to it the laundry can wait. Enjoy your dinner out and congrats on AF day 16.

Gman...good to see you popping in and that you're on the tail end of the manflu. Congrats on your AF day 15 and everything being grand as.

TT...yup I'm wondering what's up with Blondie's comment as well. My holiday Monday was last week so back to normal this week. Enjoy your day.

Lav...good morning to you. Thought I'd just say it now as you'll probably post as soon as I submit this.

Time for cup #2, jokes and breakie. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

mon 27th

Good morning Abbers,

Lots of sunshine here this Memorial day to fly the flag in honor of our fallen veterans!
              Of course I will be feeding most of the family today, nothing new there

Greetings Mick, bear, G, TT, PQ, Cindi & everyone!

Here's a pic of my new best friend "jimmi' the giraffe

Yesterday was Jimmi's birthday so all of the kids visiting the zoo got free cupcakes - sweet
              Have a safe day one & all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mon 27th

Hello Abbers from sunny Alabama this beautiful USA Memorial Day.

I don't have much time to read so will come back later and do a proper read through.

Meanwhile, every time they show Arlington Cemetery on the television, I tear up. My daddy is buried there. It is nice knowing someone has placed a flag at his grave in remembrance of his service through three wars.

Lots to do and hubby is a tough task master, so must go, but know I will be thinking of you all today and really wishing I had all of you, sans the sick ones, here to help with all this work. :H:H

"See" you all later,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

mon 27th

Checking in late as well, bedtime!
                  Yeah Mick, off to New England next week! Then make our way to NYC for a while. I am trying to figure out what to do with all my plants, putting them outside to 'test drive' the idea. They should be fine I think. We were exploring in Wassenaar. I like it there! And they have a nice supermarket with British and American items. Nice!

I am not working these days. Got a little workshop to teach the end of July with the British School, but that is it. It looks like I might sub for them next year too. This could be a good thing if they call me regularly. Otherwise, in the studio, but today was getting paperwork organized before we leave. Not doing well at all staying away from the wine. I don't know what has happened to me. Nothing dramatic, but this month had a rough start and I've not done much to turn things around. Not giving up though.

Hope everyone else is going great and that your weather was as nice as it was here in the Netherlands!
                  March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                  May 29: back to day 1
                  June: The battle continues......

Comment

mon 27th

MAE Abbers

Amazing storms overnight and torrential rain forecast for the rest of today.

A quiet day ahead so time to catch up on paperwork and bills :upset:

It is my daughter's birthday this week so really must plan something.....she is that awkward age, too old for sleepovers, too young for parties. When it comes to gifts it is very hard also. Her hobbies are expensive.

How's the new food plan going Mick? I will try and send some more info ASAP. Got to do it from the work computer though.

Comment

mon 27th

Snowing here - no school today!

Comment

mon 27th

treetops;1511484 wrote: Snowing here - no school today!
                        WOW...enough to close the schools? How much are you getting?

Comment

Working...
                        X