Existence's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existence's Story

my story really started when ii was 9, young and naive young girl..who on a tragic night was raped for the first time by a 14 year old friend, months later my parent's informed me and my brrother they were getting divorced...around the age of 12 i had my first drink with my father, an abusive man who had beaten my mother, my step-mother and me. after 4 more rapes at different ages by different men the final one at the age of 16...i had already turned to drinking at my dad's for comfort. not long after my girlfriend Jaimie died in a car accident, her death was a big impact on my life and changed me making me bitter for quite sometime.

from there it got worse and the minute i hit 18 i was drinking at home constantly which soon lead to everyday, cans of Carling or Foster's littered my room and filled my bin, for 4 years i have had a buddy drinking with me and i believe he is heading the same way as me....neither of us can stop.

i have been trying recently but failing...my brother (now19) came by yesterday to do some work for my kitchen and he brought cans...some for him, some for my fridge to save for the next time he comes and some for me, i didn't turn him down.

i am so used to drinking to ease the pain it is normal now...my wonderful girlfriend stands by me and loves me which is a good thing and she is a ray of light for me abd i want to stop drinking for her.

i must keep fighting...
    http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/addicted to living again

Existence's Story

WOW Existence, what a heart rending story ........

You have had such a lot to deal with, you are very lucky to have such a wonderful girlfriend.

You really have made a good move coming here, You need to decide whether you want to stop straight away or do it gradually, for me it was gradually, but we are all different.

Take care love and keep us updated.

Thanks again for sharing, you are a very strong young lady and I admire your honesty very much.
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Existence's Story

Existence,
      What an incredible story. What pain you must have to deal with and I too am very glad you have a supportive girlfriend.

I think that sometimes people trigger our drinking. I have certain family members that when I am around I know that I will be drinking. I have found that I will drink, however not the amount I used too. I make an effort to stay in control.

I am so glad that you are here. You are truly a survivor in every sense of the word.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Existence's Story

I dont know what to say. The things that have happened to you are horrible. Drinking is one problem, but you OBVIOUSLY have many more issues. You need therapy to deal with the rapes, and other issues.

Please God find some therapy for those issues. Then work on drinking, you have a huge burden to deal with, i pray that you can find a good therapist that can help you

God bless you
        Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Existence's Story

Hello Existence.
          I really hope this is the start of good things for you.
          I wish you well.

Comment

Existence's Story

Captain Morgan;118579 wrote: Please God find some therapy for those issues. Then work on drinking, you have a huge burden to deal with, i pray that you can find a good therapist that can help you

God bless you
            i gave up on therapy for those issues since the only people i can "afford" are...to put it bluntly and without swearing, pants.

my girlfreind is a god-send and the love of my life...and i know she will help me through it. thank you all for your kind words i really appreciate it
            http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/addicted to living again

Comment

Existence's Story

Existence--I am so sorry for your pain. As a parent, I cannot understand how anyone could harm a child.
              As a child, I could not tell my parents that I had been molested. I felt like it was my fault. Now, I won't tell them because they have had enough sorrow to deal with in their lives.
              I hope things continue to get better for you. Having a loving partner is wonderful. Di

Comment

Working...
              X