af Saturday 1 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 1 June

MAE all and rabbits, rabbits, rabbits!! 1 June already.
    Its a long weekend here - Queen's Birthday on Monday. Thats the English Queen - but at least we get a day off work and school. No rest for this wicked one as I am flying to Europe on Wednesday (straight through via LA - yuk!) - its mostly work related and will be very hectic. Hence why I am so busy at the moment. But I did watch a movie last night - in bed.

I probably will not post much when travelling - also only taking the I pad and I hate typing long posts on it.

So how are we today (Tonight?) Bear? You had lots of advice - Mick's idea was super.
    My Mum also had a severe stroke like that and was paralysed - and like you did Mick, she perservered with daily repititive tasks to get all her faculties and use of body back. It was quite amazing -although I was just a wee lass, I can recall her determination. I like to think I have some of her quiet strength. She always said to me that it was the trying to do something that mattered - even if you didn't get the 'top' results (that was her advice when I was a maniacal student trying to do assignments). Poor Mum - I sure tested her:h

No weepiness at the moment please!
    Hey there LTLW - looking forward to your trip? Hope the anxiety you clearly had these last few weeks is a bit less.

Hi PPQP - busy weekend? Sounds like you had a frantic weekend - so try to chill

Kuya - are you off to the Pools? Yes, its hard to know what to get young teenagers. But I am sure you will have a lovely birthday with your wee girl

Cookies and Curves Lav? Sounds like a lethal combination but the first bit sounds yummy.

Hi there Det - rushing around?

Gidday Mr G!! Is it getting chilly across the sea? Which part of Oz are you in?

YahYah - hope your sister if OK. Do they know what caused the ulcer. I thought ulcers were well controlled these days.

SF - hi there too. Sounds like you have been doing a lot of soul searching as well as not being well.

And masses of good wishes to all else - including the lurkers!
    I must get some breakfast - I have tea here for you all but no coffee made yet

af Saturday 1 June

I plan to be af for June i have to keep that promise and commit i know it wont be easy

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

hi TT. anxiety is a bit better, though another bit of a 'dip' in mood this week so to speak.
      looking forward to our trip. going into day 4 AF. best not to dwell on the AF stuff for now i think - just say no thank you and move through the day. best to all.
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Summer is finally here!:welcome:

Morning TT - Mick's idea was grand, have incorporated it, will be doing a plank each morning and some leg exercises,set reminder on my phone. Small steps, I will go to the gym if I 'want to' - am feeling like a bit of exercise may help the raging PMT. I have also ordered 2 hypnosis CDs to listen to at night - one on self esteem and one on anxiety.

Day 5 here - today is about taking cats to vets, sorting out our hugely overgrown and full of rubbish garden,catching up on washing - that can be today's exercise.

Friends for dinner later - think I may take the easy route and buy a chicken and loads of salads/shop bought dessert. Had planned to cook main and dessert but today has turned into more of an outside kind of day with the weather being so nice - being kind to myself in action.
        one day at a time

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Witts End - I am new at this as well this time round, I'm trying to stay in today - how are you doing?

LTLW - enjoy your trip
          one day at a time

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

mae all..white rabbits Ive gotta choice ..white or brown!how is everyone today?this may look like a late post.....but been up since 6,sorted rabbits out, been in garden,washed and tidied up..and Julie has got holiday head on.Dont go till next Friday,but surprise surprise, everything has got to be sorted out this morning!!its easy for me...just grab a pile of clothes.and lay them on the bed in the spare room,cos I know they will go through the you dont need this ,why arent you taking that scenario!!!Off swimming in a bit get out the road!!You all know the score..."should I take this or that?"answer "take that"...why whats wrong with this...anyone arguing with that sort of logic needs locking up!

Tea and coffee on the go

Evening TT hows you?ready for your jet setting mode into Europe next week? Are you going to one place or travelling in Europe..I know you said its mostly work ...but make time for yourself too!!and dont forget to turn your head the right wy up when you reach Europe!!:H

Morning ltlw...hows you today?getting ready for your trip?Dont get yourself down about the al...you can even "hear" it in your post.....it will happen you just be strong...there is nothing positive in this world that booze will do for you.....blijf sterk !!!

Morning wiits end ..you ok? welcome

Hi yah...hows you today? day was really nice yesterday..was really funny though,theres us sitting in a wee tea shop drinking tea and yapping...so far removed from the pasts that we both had!!!and the strange thing is we hardly talked about our past work..so many people have only got that sort of thing as a single strand of conversation..anyway ,hope your sister is ok ,fingers crossed for her.best of luck with your daughters ...and for what its worth I think you are doing the right thing moving your work int the home area..just try and keep them a wee bit separate.

Hi Mr G and hows you ? sound good matey :goodjob:

Hiya Lav..late brew but here you go.....hows you today?shifting the cookies? and by that I dont mean eating them!!have a great day whatever you are doing.yes the horses do chew on the fence ..and anything else they can reach..not a bit situation when your biggest headache is horses eating your plants!!

Morning ppqp ...weekend now ..have some you time with this cuppa ..you ok? any plans for today..have a good one

Hiya Kuya...hows you today ..and the birthday girl ..hows she? what have you been up to today?Yep pm me your ex...probably do know him..my mate defo would he was i/c LF at one stage..
            Saw an absolutely brill post in the paper today...American police dog...done its time, but had got kidney probs and was very poorly..they took it to the vet to get put to sleep , but on the way there the whole police department had lined the route to the surgery door to salute the dog...

You keep at the nae fags a day campaign!!!

Hiya det ..hows you mate? I am going to try that almond milk...sounds good.You sound like you are on a winner ,,keep it you you are doing brill

Hiya bear..hows you today? Personally speaking I dont care where you post ...as long as you put the effort in to quit ..thats what its about!!where you feel comfortable posting and quitting...rules as I recall ..no rules just courtesy and respect and honesty for each other..If I remember..when I quit ,..think I jumped out of the nn on day 2/3 and hijacked this thread..am I right Lav? all I would say if you are serious about it all fine, but if not, then you are wasting your and other peoples time..that is not a direct criticism of or to you..that applies to each and every one of us..next week I think I have been af 11 months...that could easily be 11 weeks/days /minutes..if I had not only had the strength but also the support here.

right peeps offski ..will post jokes after ...have a great day
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Hi Mick and others
              just to add in that I too jumped in (upside down of course:H:H) here on this thread months ago - didn't really do time in the Newbies - I liked the definite purpose of this thread and there seems to be so much going on on some of the other threads - a bit too much 'noise'

haha Mick I know what you mean re the packing - I do that to G (my partner) and to my daughter . Plead guilty. Julie's normal!!

- easier when its just me going - although I make lists and agonise over stupid details.

Off to watch some rubbish on TV now. Been over-exercisng my brain cells today :H - what's left after all those years of abuse

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Bear thats brill...dont forget when the drink crave gets you...exercise..even in company youdo flexing and isometrics.ie tricep bicep leg stomach tensing....well done
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Good morning Abbers on this first day of June

This is day 4 of the heatwave - hot, hot, hot!
                  My plan is to run outside, quickly do what I have to do then run back inside & enjoy the AC :H :H

bear, keep your focus & keep posting! We all want to see you succeed, whatever it takes.

SF, I'm not sure why bear's post offended you. Sometimes it is difficult to watch others struggle, our moods come & go too

Hello witts end & welcome to the land of the seriously AF. Accepting a zero tolerance policy towards AF is what we do here!

Greetings TT, LTLW, Mick & everyone!
                  I will be running out soon to see how the bake sale/yard sale is going at Curves. I vow NOT to buy anything :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Good Morning, AFers,

I can't remember if I checked in yesterday or not. It was a busy day.

Painted some new door frames, helped hubby fix a disaster with our pool, went to an AA meeting, helped carry old doors out, etc.

Have to mud around a new door on the back of house, paint that frame, repaint walls, etc.

Need to finish painting bathroom.

I won't make an AA meeting today, unfortunately, and those meetings really help me a lot.

Bear, I did just like you for many years. Just never quit trying to quit, okay girl? You are worth more than the booze.

I grimaced at the trip via LA, TT. That will be a long, long trip. Game apps, books, knock out pills. :H:H

Y@H, I am glad you are going to try the in-home office. It will save you money and gas.

Wits End, :welcome: to the AF thread. I hope you find help here.

Okay, here goes, I just know I am going to miss someone. :-(

PPQP, Lav, Kuya, Det, Mick, Blondie, ltlw, SF and anyone I have omitted, Have a wonderful AF Saturday.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for the kickoff and I think I'll wait for the coffee. Tea & Morning just doesn't do it for me. :H Today will see me at the community garden doing a compost workshop, followed by a logo design meeting, and hopefully a quick visit with my Dad, timing could be tricky but will take things as they come.

Witts end...welcome aboard. Your name makes me smile as it reminds me of my Mom. Raising 8 kids, twins in the middle there, it was her warning comment. When she said she was at her witts end you knew it was time to take cover. :H This is a great thread so pull up a chair and get comfortable, we're all in this together.

LTLW...glad the anxiety is easing and the moods will settle out soon enough. Enjoy your trip and "no thank you" is the only thing you have to concentrate on.

Bear...easy route sounds like a plan. Keep it simple. Mick does give good advice doesn't he? Being kind to myself in action :h it, keep it up.

Mick...thanks for the coffee, really ready for it. Read all about it.....There appears to be a yellowish ball of something outside. May actually get through this workshop without getting drenched. Fingers crossed. Got a dissapointing email from the lawyer late last night and am trying to put it out of my mind for the weekend. Would love to be in the "packing dilema" and hopefully August long will see me there. Still waiting for the jokes.

Lav...good plan Now as far as the "vow" goes, leave the purse at home and there won't be a problem. Have a great day.

Cinders...you sound way too busy, Mick's got the coffee on so pull up a chair and take a load off. When you're finished your break there's a couple of things need doing around here!

Off to fill up the tummy before heading to the workshop. Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

MAE all

Lovely day with the girly, she got a new phone and a new wardrobe and is SOOOO happy. She is such a sweetie.

As TT said we have a long weekend.....so weird that we celebrate the queens birthday here and it is not celebrated in the UK. :H:H. No matter, some down time is all good whatever the reason.

Welcome to you Witts end, keep your tummy full and your drinks cabinet empty! Have you got glutamine powder? It is a lifesaver in the early weeks. Also works for nicotine cravings I am glad to report

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

i was just reading the friday thread and just wanted to comment on something, i havent been posting on here out of respect because i was not af last month,however before that i always felt comfortable on this thread,i think even if a person is struggling,or just not "there"yet its nice to have the positive vibes from the regular posters on this thread,long termers who i really want to be like,to see that yes it really can be done,again i havent been posting but ive been reading everyday,if it helps bear to post here and shes welcome thats a great thing i think,anyways just wanted to comment,i hope i worded it right,sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain,or the other way around
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

Paulywogg and Bear,

I feel very comfortable with you posting here if it helps you.

I only feel uncomfortable when it is a post about moderation, etc, and not for the purpose of trying to stay sober.

Even AA says that the only requirement for admission is a desire to stay sober. :-)

Just my $0.02.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Saturday 1 June

I'd never post about modding here - whenever I've tried to mod before(and failed) I've just left the thread, that would be really unhelpful. I feel I get a lot from being here as many of you are successful at being AF and have a lot of wisdom and butt kicking,when needed, to share.
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X