af Sunday 2 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 2 June

First off congrats to Kuya on 10 months AF :wd: and on her way to de-fuming her lungs. Well done mate!

I have some serious kick a--s coffee here for you PPQP - although sounds like you are getting some warm rays your way as well. Same to you - Lav - sunshine?
    I bet its hot where Cinders is!!
    On the weather note I see that my Aussie mates are in distress because they have to put sox on now! You can do it Mr G and Blondie (and also stay sober at the same time).

Hope the secret exercise plan is working Bear! I was tempted to add that special exercise only us mature women can do (you know the one that involves the 'floor')!! The one our doctors tell us to do at bus-stops and in boring meetings (yes PPQP - I can see you laughing from here). Oh goodness, if I go on I might offend someone on MWO by being too graphic - although Kuya will defend me!

Hiya Wit's End. We welcome you here - we just like to see that folks have a strong commitment to being AF. Have you got through your day/night?

Nice to see you Paulywogg. I have seen some of your posts on other threads and you have been in the wars a bit haven't you? Let us know how we can help.

Same goes with you LTLW. Don't loose touch - you have done so well this year, despite all the upheaval in your life.

Yes, Cinders - it will be a killer flight - but I never take drugs on planes. In fact these days I try to stay drug free - and that includes headache medication too. I prefer to let my body work it out. Fortunately I love watching movies. I do get restless however and am one of those people who walks around the plane a lot. I also try to sleep or at least dooze although thats not always possible - depends on the neighbors.

MAE to all others - have a super sober Sunday - squeeze some silliness in (enough of the 's' there) - I have to dust off my tiara for Queen's birthday tomorrow. Mick and Kuya can tell that I am a dedicated Royalist - don't get me started!:no:

af Sunday 2 June

I made it through 2nights ,........hard struggle last night......but won

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Thats great Witts End:goodjob: - in time it will not be a struggle but a release and freedom. Just keep on at one day and one night at a time. Expect yukkiness in the beginning of the quit and lots of ups and downs - we have all been through this shit and the shit of AL addiction

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Lav and others thank you for calling me out. I re-read my post. All I really meant was....that if you are struggling with getting sober.....or if it is even for you....there are other places on the board that may help you come to a decision that is right for them. I take full ownership of my post being taken the wrong way.

People who struggle with this decision are a source for me....they are speaking the words...I not too long ago struggled with. For me personally, it is overwhelming that the evidence was so clear....and I continued to relapse.

When does someone stop drinking? When they decide to.

I think that anyone who has the desire to quit drinking is welcome.....anyone entertaining quitting is welcome. When you go into that mode you have a lot of questions....and I am glad that people are here to support everyone.

I stayed on the ABS board, because in my heart....I knew it was where I needed to be. I thank everyone for being here for me.

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

What a nice message, SunFlower. :l Monthly Abs has been my home when I've been sober or wasn't quite ready but knew that I needed to be sober.

Welcome Witts End. We are a good crowd here, if I may say so. You will find much wisdom and support.

Congrats on 10 months, Kuya!

TT, you have a lot going on in the coming days and weeks. Take care. I will miss your daily input, so I hope you get a chance to pop in once in a while at least.

I just wanted to let you know that my sister is okay. She had a bleeding ulcer and lost a lot of blood on Monday, hence passing out and the low hemoglobin reading, but it was already healing when she had the endoscopy (sp?). She is now receiving treatment and no more exedrin, advil and the like. They'll test her blood again next week.

Anyway, my caseload is starting to come back, and I feel more optimistic. It feels good.

Have a good Sunday, all to come.

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

What a lovely post SF...... I, too, have struggled with this concept.

I think when I was only measuring my sobriety in weeks I found ANY talk of drinking VERY unsettling.

It is very, very hard to draw a line between support and enabling IMO. We all do our best and that is all we can do.

YAH.....so good to hear that your sister is in good hands and that clients have picked up :h

(It is nine months though the weeks fly by so fast now)

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

morning all...its 5.30am..suns out going to be a warm day and off on my travels in a wee while...just wanted to say a couple of things....Ha when do I never?

Witts end ..well done to you yes I know it seems crap to start with ,but believe me it does get better,easier and whats more gives you control back over your life!!dont forget to make sure you reward yourself at your target times/dates...makes it more worthwhile in the early stages

SF...I applaud your post..that was top dollar.all I would re-iterate and the message has been weaved through this forum time and time again......you need to be determined gutsy and focussed.

YAH glad sis is ok

TT....here you go as a royalist thought I would put these up for you.....the last one is blank ..awaiting caption from anyone..so lets see some good ones!!!!
              By the way did you know that in Scotland the famous red post box is frowned upon?Reason being all mailboxes since Victoria have had the royal monogramme on them.the current queens monogramme is E II R which means Queen Elizabeth the Second..there has never been 2 queens of Scotland called Elizabeth...the crowns of England and Scotland were not united until 1707
              history lesson over!!!

and now its your turn everybody!!!!! heres my starter for 10!!!

"I say..what a funny horse....look there's a dick on its back !!"

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Mick;1514084 wrote:

Really? You waited until I was standing right in front of you then farted? That's the last time I buy a horse from New Zealand !

Lighten up lady, could've been worse. Have you seen what I've got down under ?

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

haha - can't beat that one!

Good on you SF for the post - :sun: - it ain't easy is it but we can do this - Team AF !!!!

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Morning everyone - up early with a hangover style headache - but no alcohol
                    SF - thank you for posting,really lovely honest post that makes perfect sense, I think some of my posts could have been misunderstood too.Cyberspace isn't as easy as face to face sometimes.

I KNOW I am better being AF in so many ways, and there's this little voice inside me that says ' you can moderate'. I know that little voice is BS. I can't moderate - if I could I'd be doing it. I've decided I want and need to be AF, it's just from time to time the silly voice pops up. I'm not wanting to moderate, so when I talk about that voice it's asking how have others squashed it.

I get great support from this group, and that includes you as well SF.
                    So thank you - into day 7 I go.
                    one day at a time

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Bear ...... The place you need to reach is acceptance. After acceptance comes peace.

Imagine that tomorrow you were diagnosed with a fateful allergy to, say, anchovies. Would you struggle accepting giving up anchovies.......of course not, they might kill you and who NEEDS anchovies?

BUT you have a life threatening disease CAUSED by alcohol......you just haven't accepted the diagnosis yet.

When you accept the alcoholism you may grieve a while but you will no longer have the fantasy of moderation.

Accept it, get over it, move on.

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Hello Abbers,

What a lovely thread to read through today. Very uplifting.

Bear, Kuya said it all. Acceptance. Oddly, since alcohol and cigarettes don't kill you right off, we don't think of them that way. But that is what they do. Just slowly and in a very mean way. Alcohol is poison. The statistics on alcoholism is that 40% of us alcoholics will die directly from alcoholism. If you consider that the other 60% are probably suffering in other ways indirectly related to drinking, I am sure that the real percentage is much higher.

Y@H, So glad to hear your sister is healing. I make sure I take my Prilosec first thing every morning. Between my GB and my horrendous drinking (in the past now ) I have to take very good care of my tummy. One would have thought that stay in the hospital for three weeks with sepsis and surgery to reconnect my stomach to my intestines would have been enough to keep me from drinking. See above paragraph.

Mick, I just don't have the aptitude to come up with cute sayings. I will enjoy reading everyone else's though. Kuya's made me smile.

TT, It is warmish here but we have storms going through, so that is keeping the temps down.

Lav, I forget where you live but I hope the tremendous storms are not in your area. Stay safe and hire a kid to move the mulch when you can. :H:H

Wits End, Very glad you joined our thread. Hang in there. It does get better and soon you will feel physically better than in a long time.

PP, Det, Blondie, SF, Kuya, Waves to all.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Mick;1514084 wrote:

Ewwwww! It's probably Australian.

Big cheesy waves to everyone. Have a safe, sober, happy and magical evening and day Abber's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Good morning Abbers,

8 am here & this thread already reads like a book :H
                            Great to see everyone while I guzzle coffee.

Mick - Queen = Badass :H
                            I think I'm happy we don't have a royal family over here. It would take attention away from our idiotic politicians!!!!

Cindi, I am in the SE corner of PA (practically on top of the Mason Dixon line
                            Today is day 5 of the heatwave ~ enough! T storms later to break up this heat & huumidity would be welcome! The mulch pile is comfortable where it is :H

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a nice AF Sunday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 2 June

Back again,

Found some jokes to share:

A guy sitting next to a young lady at an AA meeting introduces himself & why he is here...she goes on to say.."I'm just here to get papers signed for my parole officer & the parole program". The man asks--"what did you do?" She replies "I murdered my husband".
                              The man asks--"so your single eh?"

a wino was staggering down the beach hungover and sick..His mouth was dry,and he wanted a drink bad...He was checking all the empty cans and bottles he found looking for a corner of a bottle..

He found a bottle ,pulled the cork,and out popped a genie
                              Genie said,great,i`m free,I have been in there for 3500 yrs...you get 2 free wishes!

the wino thought about it for a minute,and said,I want a bottle of wine that will never run dry... poof!

there,in his hands was a fresh bottle of wine.He pulled the cork and took a slug..the bottle refilled itself.Great he said...The genie said,hurry up,I `ve got some catching up to do...the wino thought for a minute,and asked the genie,you got one more bottle like this?

Cops behind a car not driving to straight decide to pull it over,
                              Officer walks up to drivers door and sees Fr O Toole behind the wheel.

Cop - Evening Father, Have you been drinking ?

Father - Not at all Sir

Cop - Do you mind if I ask you whats in that bottle on the passenger seat?

Father - Ah that's just water young man

The police officer is not so sure and asked the priest to hand it over,
                              opening the bottle, smelling it and pouring some out he sees it's wine

cop - would you mind explaining this Father?

Father - Sweet Jesus he's done it again

YOU MIGHT BE AN ALCOHOLIC IF...

You're fond of the saying "It's 5 o'clock somewhere."

You don't lose your car keys-- you lose your car.

The stranger you wake up with is not the same sex as s/he was the night before.

You know what the barrel of a gun tastes like.

You're telling the truth when you say "I don't recall."

You consider beer to be the Breakfast of Champions.

You wake up to blue lights in the rearview mirror.

You think the pill bottle warning label "ALCOHOL MAY INTENSIFY THIS EFFECT" is a serving suggestion.

When the doctor advises clear fluids, you drink vodka.

The song that best describes your mornings is "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On."

Love to all,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X