Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Mod Squad

Way to go all of you modders for an AF June.:rockon:

Think I'll skip on that one for now but if anyone else wants to chat about modding, I'm here!

Finally got to see "Flight" boy what a great film, I watched it twice I was so impressed.
    Denzil coming out of the hotel after some charlie full of confidence, the way he poured 3 vodkas into an orange bottle while still cracking jokes with the passengers, no wonder he landed the plane. He did his homework.
    Shame it all has to end but thats drink and drugs for you. I'm happy I've tamed down as was Denzils part, ride ends some time but still enjoy my 3 ciders at night.

Happy modding all.
    It's not what you drink, it's how much!

June Mod Squad

Hi Lasha,
    Yes, I absolutely loved that film "Flight". His character's denial is just unbelievable. I love his statement at the end of the movie. Very profound. It was a great film and I have definitely recommended it to friends. His character is a pretty good example of someone who could never moderate so that's where the mod board can be a little misleading for some. Some just can't and should never even attempt it whereas for others, they are really able to minimize their drinking with the support they get here.

Here's to a successful June!

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hello June Modders! I saw Flight also. It was a great movie. Scary. Thanks for starting us off, Lash.

:wavin: Hi Eve. How's the healthy living going? Are you juicing? I just started to do so again. Don't even mind cleaning the darn thing as much as I remembered.

Here's to a great month!

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi Eve, I agree Denzils part was a perfect example of someone who cant moderate, knowing he had a court case the following day he still could not resist the fridge. I was shouting at the telly saying don't go near the fridge and guess what my wife said what are you going on about! :H

TMH, Good to hear from happy golfing life in Florida, I'll get there someday. Never mind about not achieving AF this month as long as we keep to our goals thats what's important and there's always another month. I fancy your idea of doing a week AF, maybe I'll join you after the summer.

Happy modding all
        Lash

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hey, my friends.
          As you will see from my other post on the AF June thread, it just ain't going to happen with me, either. I may choose to not have a glass of wine on a Friday, but I want that option open. What I needed to get a handle on were the nights getting more frequent... and that I can do. SO, here I am, honest with you that I love being here and not there. I enjoyed going to bed last night realizing that I was just honestly sleepy...

Comment

June Mod Squad

One day down here. Can honestly say there was no temptation whatsoever. Nada.

Did not sleep well last night and am a bit worried about the same for tonite. May take a sleeping pill. Even though tired I did get in a 3 mile walk and 25 min on elliptical trainer. Hit 14K steps which is wonderful and something I have been lackadaisical about.

NNG, that's when I get concerned too, when it's too frequent. Plus right now I feel like my body could use a break. Lash, may even go longer than a week, we'll see. IF I really start feeling good by the end of the week it is one heck of a bigger possibility.

Off topic: Any The Killing fans here? Premiere was Sunday night, and I only caught part of it, went to try watch on Xfinity on Demand tonite, not there. I'm sure it's cuz they sell it to Netflix. May try find online.

TMH

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hiya Modders ~ Just wanted to stop in an say HEY :hiya:
              Still goin' strong with the abbin' and quite content, tho I struggled a bit over my CA visit, but didn't cave & had the best vacay in about 10 years!

Good to see you Eve, TMH and NoNameGirl ~ you all sound peachy! I am happy you've found your 'happy place' :threesome:

TMH ~ I love the Killing but did't know it started again. I do recall that when American Horror Story was airing, it took a full week for the current episode to play on demand. Hopefully, the same issue applies

To the rest of the gang, wishing you all a healthy June!
              :rockon: P.
              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi fellow modders! Just checking in.....AF June is out for me I guess. I had a few beers over the weekend. I am still going AF during the week and I was able to stop when I wanted to over the weekend. I was saying to a friend earlier, unwinding with a few drinks on the weekend is so ingrained in my life. I do not let it get out of control anymore though. I used to think I could never stop drinking after I started, but I am able to stop at the amount I allow myself. I decided to have 3 light beers on Friday night and I had 3 light beers...no more. Saturday was the same. I know some might think that is still too much but compared to what I was drinking a few months ago that is next to nothing! My plan is to remain AF during the week and the occasional drinks on the weekend. My husband and I have our beers together on the weekends and he really doesn't want that to change. I am committed to not letting it get out of control though.

Hope all of you are doing great! So glad to see the success of the modders here!

Comment

June Mod Squad

HI, Everyone!
                  Texas40, I'm with you. Date Night Friday has been a part of our married life forever. BUT, as ToMyHealth says in her tag line, Control is better than regret.... and that is what I am focused on now.

I just kind of unloaded on the thread I started last week when I was considering AF June. I didn't mean to sound bitchy, but I am pretty sure it came off that way. But darn it, if we are doing fine with moderating, and we are happy with it, shouldn't we get a pat on the back instead of a sermon?

Okay, just had to get that out of my system.

Love you guys.
                  :l:l:l

Comment

June Mod Squad

NoNameGirl: Please see PAT ON THE BACK a few posts up! :H

G'day Love, xoxox ~ P.
                    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

Comment

June Mod Squad

Nonamegirl....I love that saying you said ToMyhealth posted....Control is better than regret. Such a true statement! I definitely feel more in control than I have in years. I take pride in the accomplishments I have made. We all should! We may at some point decide we need to completely give alcohol up, but there are those of us here that have not reached that stage yet...and we many never reach that stage. I feel that if I keep it to less than 7 beers in a week that I am in control. I have seen on someone else's tagline (can't remember who at the moment) Progress not perfection.....that is another saying I focus on. Harm reduction is definitely better than the f*ck its! I completely admire all of those on this board that have been able to kick alcohol to the curb and have found true happiness. We are all still trying though and that is more than I can say for some of my friends in life. I am not sure they will ever try to do anything about their problems. It makes me sad for them and I know they will never change anything just because I want them to. We all have to want it for ourselves. I know for myself that I recognized I was drinking too much and having beer every night and I do not want that lifestyle anymore....If I do find myself slipping back into the old habits I will definitely reevaluate though.

So glad to have this place to speak with like-minded people! Everyone on MWO is trying and that is inspiring!

Comment

June Mod Squad

NNG ~ Ah, I just saw the thread you are referring to...

You posted in Long Term Moderators. And you threw out a line. And you said you really wanted other modder's along with you. Maybe. LOL! But seriously, you said at the onset that you were tossing the idea around...

For me, I know my personality and even if I started off OK, I'd slip right back into abusing myself. It's just my way ~ I have an all or nothing personality. However, it's NOT my place to tell everyone on earth that the same is true for them. You may ultimately decide that you need to walk away for good, and you may not. You may find a happy mod spot and coast there, which is actually what your life sounds like (and BTW, freakin' kudos for the 13+ mile runs!). Alcohol is clearly not killing you right now. When you wrote that entry that is referred to, it was harming you, it sounds like. And I am sure if you got to that point again, you'd reconsider and reach out to us. Right?

Anyway, posting on the Mod boards should be a safe place for you...

All the best, P.

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi Texas,

Don't beat yourself up! If you can limit you're modding to 7 beers a week that's great. I'm the same as you, what I drink now is miniscule compared to the party animal 10 years ago. I still chuckle when people go on about how much they drink, sorry but I used to drink more than that before opening time :H

One of our songs from our band was "It's so great to be alive with those English yellow Freesias" and it is great! Life without those English bl---y hangovers.

Happy modding all.
                          Lash

Comment

June Mod Squad

Kind of went overboard today ~ not with drinks, mind you, had zero. But I've been trying to practice Vegan Before 6 which means a lot of veggies and beans and after juicing and having bean soup my system is rebelling. Man, I wish I weren't so delicate.

There was an hour or so tonite when I almost caved. Went out to the lanai to water plants, wanted to sit down and enjoy the fresh smell of rain and thought, nope, that is when I would like to have a glass of wine. Diverted myself with grabbing a book and taking a bath :bath2: and then watching a little tv.

NNG - envy your running. I used to run. A lot. Marathons and ultra marathons. Nothing like that for a feeling of accomplishment, is there? And tough to do if dehydrated. Looking forward to hearing how you do in July race.

P - I like how you think! Thanks for chiming in.

TX - thought of my brother when I read your most recent post. He passed away about 1.5 yrs ago. Died of COPD. Yes, a heavy smoker. When we would go to see him, I always picked up a 12 pack of his favorite beer. He said he wasn't about to give up that too. Choices. He made a bad one for most of his life and it took his life, but if he wanted to enjoy some beer while being homebound watching baseball, who was I or anyone to say he shouldn't, you know?

Lash - are you still in a band? Did you lose a lot of weight when you cut back on the ciders? Inquiring minds want to know

Well, as usual, lousy sleep while AF. 'They' say that turns around. When, I wonder. It's 1:00a. Signed up for back-to-back exercise classes in early a.m. Not sure that's going to happen :no:

TMH

Comment

June Mod Squad

Hi TMH,

Sorry you cant sleep, only thing I can say is when I tapered off last year from my 6 month blow out, I had difficulty sleeping as well but it did improve as I got used to less drinks.

Cant give advice on zero drinks as still working on it myself.

I put on about 2 stone during that 6 month hell and now it's dropping off.

Our band just fell apart slowly as members moved away for work reasons and my last proper gig was 5 years ago. I do still get dragged back on stage at weddings etc just for 3/4 songs and love it. During my nephews wedding they dragged me up and during one song my 5 nephews and nieces and a few other family members held up lighters alight as they were dancing, LOVED IT.

Happy modding,
                              Uncle Lash

Comment

Working...
                              X