af Monday 3 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 3 June

Right-i-o - MAE everyone. Yes its a holiday, pissing cats and dogs here, still dark, fire going, heat pump on and a big carafe of coffee - please help yourselves.
    Count down for my trip today. Lots of organizing.

Its a public holiday for her majesty and those Aussie (thanks Mr G!!!! - we keep ours to win horse races and bet the Aussies) horses. And wait folks, we even have New Years Honours lists! Don't see your name Kuya!!! You deserve an honor (bloody spell corrector goes to American spelling).

OK - I am not listing all today as I want to get on with things but I may pop back in later. Have a terrific sober Monday - keep hydrated - those folk in the heat belt in the USA or stay warm (us in the wintery south). Hope those who are still in the early days and weeks of the sober journey are doing really well - money back guarantee no less!:dragon1:

af Monday 3 June

Mae TT

Hope you have a very bon voyage; don't forget the postcard
    We've got WA Day here; our Queen's holiday is 30 September. Not sure if that is her real one, or what. Still a day off.

Mick - sorry to hear about your cousin. A lot of my aunts and uncles are/were heavy drinkers with the attendant health problems. So glad I managed to change when I did as the future wasn't looking too bright!

Congrats on your 9 months Kuya. And the cigs?

Yah - glad to hear your sis is recovering and a little Woot woot for the pick up in work. When is your home-office ready? Exciting having a bit of change, especially when it works out for the best

:welcome: Witts End - hope to see you stick around here.

Super Sober Hi to the other abbers and hope you're all having a great day.

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Mae, everyone.

Back from hiatus, not a planned one, but a sober one. Life overwhelmed me like a tidal wave. I'm so glad to be here tonight. I felt lost the past few weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be traveling to London tomorrow and staying through the week. It's one of my favorite cities. I can finally post in Mick's time zone!

Missed you guys. :l

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Monday 3 June

mae all..and how are we all today??wow really god thread yesterday lots of interest and comments on it..Sun is out shining its pretty little head off been out and watered the plants,rabbits are out playing ..and its only 6.30 am!!!!

right off we go..tea and coffee on the go.......but before we do...it is 11 months today since I stopped drinking..I am saying this for the benefit of bear ,ltlw and anyone else who thinks the tunnel is dark..there is light ...it does get a lot betterI can honestly say quitting al changed me completely and that isnt some bullshit sales advert..so stick with it.I was also very fortunate to have the support of 3 special ladies who sort of kicked me and steered me in the right direction...thank you

Evening TT ...getting packed for Europe?they reckon we have a heatwave coming..dont be fooled!!!We fly out on Friday...and yes I am already watching episode 2 ...the case packing :H why are you taking this? do you need ...first aid kit packed...theres enough meds in it to carry out heart surgery!!

Hiya wits end ...day 4 for you ? keep going..dont think of it as a task or chore ..but a change of life

Morning Yah...hows you today? when do you start moving into your "new business premises?"good luck with the client base too..may it breed like rabbits :H

Evening Ky..hows you today?glad your daughter was made up with her weekend..hows your no smoking going...cmon ..you know you can do it
        Gotta agree with you there is a fine line between enabling ,supporting and for me a sort of blowing your own trumpet scenario.I am conscious that when I write something down people dont get the wrong impression and think "here we go...hes off on one again!"
        Yes I have done and seen a lot in life, travelled a lot etc (and still do)and quite a few things have happened and been done..some of which will never be put on paper!!but I try and relate some of the situations/scenarios to people to help and for interest..dont know if that makes sense..but in simple terms we all know people if youve got one ..then they've got 2!..enough woffle I know what I am trying to say ..not sure it has appeared in print right!!
        Have a good evening mate..Good comment that ..outgrown the need for booze..logged for use somewhere!!

Morning bear hows you ?its already been said..acceptance..accept that you cant moderate.as for quashing the voice..why not include that in your exercise strategy?make a rule..everytime you hear the voice you jog on the spot or some kind of exercise for a minute..turn it into a positive for yourself

Hiya Cinders ..and hows you today? all well?Yes the direct al figures do not include all those other deaths by al ..and when you think there are loads of others not medically related if you take a lateral look at it..assaults and fights al fuelled ,robberies.domestic violence,car crashes, bravado and accidentals.
        You doing anything special today? no that aint a chat up line ..just asking :H have a good one..oh and by the way..youve won a prize..youre the jokester next week when I am not here.!!!

Yo Mr G and hows you today ..all well in a land down under?

Hiya Lav..hows you today?weather still humid there?its gorgeous here and is forecast the same for all week.Cmon ..grab a brew and lets sit in the sun..you can tell its going to be hot here ..already the cattle and horses are on the move looking for shade.Any plans for today?

PPQP..morning to you .....hows you today?what you been up to at weekend?hows the garden gang doing?ok I hope Ive just started succession planting on veg its head scratching work trying to put things in place..so lets have a cuppa and think about it

Hiya Siren ...and hows you..welcome havent seen you post here regular ,but welcome.

Det ..lovely picture.....and defo well done welcome back to the real Det:goodjob:

Hiya SF how are you? wow you paint such a glamorous pic for booze...all dressed up to the nines..and then the dishevelled projectile emitting mess later on....patent that as a before and after ad for booze..you have certainly got a handle on this af now..well done you

right team off we go have a great day one n all

cya

I called the ISPCA today and said, "I've just found a suitcase in the woods containing a fox and four cubs."
        "That's terrible," the woman on the phone replied. "Are they moving?"
        "I'm not sure, to be honest," I said, "But that would explain the suitcase."

I got a hand job off a blind girl last night. She said "You've got the biggest d.ck I've ever put my hands on..."

I said "Nah, you're pulling my leg"

One day, there were a group of turtles and skunks that decided to play a friendly soccer game. However this soccer game was painful to watch; the turtles were slow, and the skunks just flat out stunk.
        The skunks were down a man so they got a centipede to play at the last minute. Now most of the game has gone by and it's been an awful game since no one was able to score. So the coach of the skunks put the centipede in as a last resort. Surprisingly, the centipede scored right away.
        So the coach says, "centipede, where have you been all game?"
        The centipede replied, "I was putting on my shoes."

'm always Frank & Earnest With Women

In Chicago I'm Frank in New York I'm Earnest

A stewardess approaches a small young boy on an airplane and asks the boy, "Would you like a free ice cream sundae?" "Golly, would I!" the boy replies.
        "And would you like two scoops?" the stewardess asks enthusiastically.
        "Absolutely!" the boy said.
        "Chocolate?" the nurse asks.
        "Yes ma'am!" the boy exclaims.
        "And would you like your nuts crushed?"
        "Well I dunno, would you like your tits shot off?"

A father tells his son if he doesn't stop masturbating he's going to go blind

The son says, uhh.. dad? I'm over here.

Why did the cactus cross the road?

It got stuck to the chicken.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare about Gloria Gaynor.

At first I was afraid; I was petrified.

So I'm trying to get myself to be ambidextrous

Im half way there

There's now a morning after pill for guys.

It changes your blood type.

Two old men are sitting on the porch,

their wives in the kitchen. One says to the other, "Bob you should try that restaurant we went to last night. Best food I've had in a long time."
        "Yeah Joe? What was it called?" asked Bob.
        "Well, I can't seem to remember...What is the name of that red flower, you know with the thorns on the stem?
        "A Rose, I think you are thinking of."
        "Your right, thanks....HEY ROSE, WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT RESTAURANT WE WENT TO LAST NIGHT?"

What do you call a cow with two legs?
        Lean beef.
        What do you call a cow with one leg?
        Steak.
        What do you call a cow with no legs?
        Ground beef.

Husband: Honey, how many men have you slept with?
        Wife: 30....
        Husband: I wish you'd have been a virgin when I married you.
        Wife: I was.

A Midget Walked Past Me On The Sidewalk Today Wearing A Shirt That Said "I Hate Black People"

...I thought to myself "Well damn- thats a little racist.

Why can't you hear a pterodactyl urinate?

Because the "p" is silent.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Good morning everyone - day off for me here today - not because of Queenie (not a big Royal fan) but flex time from working extra hours. Off to the spa today to chill - bliss!

It's a lovely sunny day here - working on the acceptance about me and alcohol's relationship being over. Had anxiety dream last night, was in a drinking situ, I wasn't drinking, but was excluded from a group, then went to loo and talked to friends who told me I sounded depressed. Mind processing it all I guess and working through my fears.

I KNOW alcohol offers me nothing when the tape plays to the end, it's an addictive drug that has already had negative effects on my life and happiness which will only get worse. I have crossed the line from being a normal drinker to someone who abuses alcohol and I can't go back/makes no sense to risk it.

Kuya - very well done on quitting the fags - and for the post about acceptance, thank you. Im exhausting myself with a fight that I can't win,fighting against the truth which is I don't drink/want to drink like a normal person.

Cinders - good point about how widespread alcohol's impact is in our world, at the root of most social,personal problems in some way.

Wit's End/Paulywogg - welcome, and well done on getting through the early days, I'm at the same stage as you guys time wise.

yahya - so glad sister is ok.

Det - the view is amazing, makes me think I want to go and see some big scenery soon - good for the soul. You sound strong with the alcohol around,

Lav - hope you get the weather you want, we have sun here finally so if we could swap that would be great

Mick - hope you travels go well, sometimes travel really helps me sort my head out

TT - enjoy your day and betting on horses!

SF - thanks for sharing your past struggles with BS moderation voice as well, and how you dealt with it.

Acceptance and sneaky exercise is the way to go for me today - have a good AF day everyone.
          one day at a time

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Lav some good ole US of A ones for you!

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Good Morning Afers,

Still painting and cleaning, etc, for the appraisal. In reality, I am glad we are doing this, not just for the $$ savings every month but because hubby is finally getting rid of some of his crap. He is a bit of a hoarder...

Speaking of said spousal unit. I thought of something this morning about when people ask what do they tell people when they show up at an event and don't drink.

Hubby doesn't drink much at all, if ever. Once, after being away on one of my many business trips, I came back to a restaurant we used to meet in on Fridays when I flew in. The bartender told me, "Your husband went really wild this week. On Wednesday he actually had two beers!!"

Hubby goes out with the guys at work or when on business trips, too. He seldom drinks or if he does he gets a beer. It never occurred to him that someone would ask him why he isn't drinking. I think he would be perplexed if they did.

Just a thought.

Waves to everyone. I need to go back and check out Det's picture.

Otherwise, please all have a good start out to the week. I always love Mondays because they are a new beginning.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Monday 3 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Must be an abundance of cats & dogs around cause it's pissing here too. Good luck with your organizing and safe travels.

Blondie...super sober hi to you too.

CB...we missed you too. Glad you got through the tidal wave safe and sober, well done. Sometimes the daily posting gets to feel like a chore, but boy have the site not available and I'm lost. Glad you're back.

Mick...garden gang doing good, good turnout for the compost workshop on Saturday and I took the day off yesterday and did nothing. Succession planting :shocked: Just got my two tiny rows of spinach in and am hoping it doesn't snow in the next 45 days! Congrats on your 11 months, I thought your year was coming up soon.

Bear...good plan working on acceptance. Sounds like you're thinking alot about it as witnessed by your subconsious mind. Just think, in no time at all that dream will end with friends saying you look great and you have such a posiive attitude towards life. Hang in there, we're with you.

Cinders..."had two beers" :H Do non alcoholics ever get asked why they're not drinking? Got me thinking about that. Love your attitude about Mondays, I think I may have to adopt that one.

Off to get my 2nd cuppa and read the jokes. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Good morning Abbers,

Running a bit behind this morning but there's no boss to answer to so it really doesn't matter
                  Raining like crazy here, just hope it breaks up the 5 days of heat & humidity!!!

Greetings TT & blondie!

Catbuddy, so glad you popped in, we've missed you. Wishing you safe travels!

Mick, thanks for the coffee & Obama pics :H
                  I have mixed feelings about him

bear, I'm just going to keep urging you to go ahead & take that leap into the unknown. I had so many fears about trying to live without my crutch. Turns out there is absolutely nothing to fear &
                  only good stuff on the horizon

Hi Cindi, I bet you are sitting in the heat & humidity too!!!! Glad your husband is doing well.

OK, time to get myself out to Curves then on to whatever pops up!!
                  Have a great AF Monday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Oops - Hi there PQ
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Happy unhung Monday ABanaters near and far!

hoooray Mick on 11 big ones!

happy travels TreeTops and Cat Buddy (glad you're good...been a while eh?)

i didn't get my shoes off til 11:30pm last night. babysitting at the hospitality suite is a chore to be sure but I felt really strong. the only time I felt troubled was towards the end when one of our manufacturers reps broke out a very fancy bottle of burbon from Kentucky and all the guys crowded around the wooden table to taste it neat. the smell combined with the male bonding experience makes for a compelling siren's song for AL but I just sipped my perrier and nobody said squat. whew! glad that's over. Lav I agree that the boozeiness of this line of work is no help for me and I do hope to find a way out. my dream is to figure out an online biz I can run from pretty much anywhere...that way I can travel and meet more of you folks and eat my way around the world

cute pics Mick, although to be fair I think lots of empty suits on both sides of the aisle are worthy of such captions. fine state we're in!

well, off to coffee and see how many survivors we have....

be well family
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Dear Det,
                        I am not trying to emasculate you - but male bonding and AL has a bloody lot to answer for and set right in the history of humankind and esp that of women and children!
                        So you are far better out of the loop.

I personally (as a woman) always found the male AL bonding thing revolting and sadly at many times tried to be one of the boys. OK my 'friends' were not the kind to go out trashing stuff but I think it had negative consequences for me - on many an occasions in the distant past:upset:
                        It was also part of my work milieu but I have found ways around it now - also its changed a lot

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Det, I'm glad to hear you ignored the call of the bourbon......just not worth it, right?
                          I have more online customers for my embroidery business than local these days. Hope you can work out something for yourself!

Mick, congrats on your 11 AF months
                          You do realize that Stella is excited about your 1 year anni party ~ she's already in her party hat :H :H

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Mick - how did I miss that - 11 months!!
                            one day at a time

Comment

af Monday 3 June

Hi Lav and everyone ...thanks for the thoughts.....that crown looks good on Stella..yep the 12 monther will be a good un ....America has some sort of celebration thingy that day too...and Scotland celebrates the day after........my birthday :H:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                              X