Wed 5 June AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed 5 June AF daily

Morning everyone - another nice sunny day here as day 9 begins.
    I am still a bit anxious, I think that some exercise would help me, and remembering to breathe,that I don't have to do everything now.

Evening meeting tonight and I am hoping it finishes early so I can go off to rollerderby training afterwards - fingers crossed - I'm packing the skate gear just in case.

Other than that still getting used to nice atmosphere in new job - a few issues that I need to tackle about how our team works with other teams, particularly one run by my friend - not sure if that makes it easier or harder.

I'm feeling really fat and bloated today - been eating badly for a week(hormonal) I'm going to buy some fruit and veg tomorrow and make sure I eat it. I also have a meeting in my home town tomorrow afternoon so I plan to drop the car at home and then cycle into town.That's a way of sneaking in 20 minutes of cycling - and a trip to Primark as well!Just realised I'm coming at the eating/exercise above from an angle of making myself feel good and looking after myself,rather than I MUST do this. Baby steps.

Have a great day everyone.
    one day at a time

Wed 5 June AF daily

MAE everyone ..and how are we all today?ok I hope...was at the back doctor yesterday jeez paying to get half pummelled to death ..is the lad mad?? feel better tho.And went straight home and did a load o f work in the garden!!got to finish it today...so on with the show

Tea and coffee are available for all participants:H

Morning TT how are you? reckon you will either be zooming about like a whirling dervish or already en route whatever ..stay safe

Morning bear how are you? how was work yesterday?hope all went well..off to Menorca on Friday..last time I went there was about 12years ago and I got pneumonia :H as for the garden its a never ending project,but good fun..Yes quitting booze changed my life..I know that sounds cliched ,but its true ..more energy moods ,fitness etc..go on give it a go :l

Morning Kuya how are you?glad things are busy for you mate..but dont forget to live a little too!

Morning Lav....well how did your nothing day go yesterday? bet you ended up doing something!!Im just re jigging the back border in the garden and put sprinkler hose through the 3 beds..its great plug the hose in and let it go ..Now on coffe number 2 ...hers your one too.What are you planning for today? owt or nowt

Morning ppqp ..and hows you? one brew ready and waiting for you.Any plans for today or easy day? hows the gardening going?

Hiya Cat....how are you? would imagine London would be packed yesterday ..its the anniversary of the Queens coronation...you will need to stock up on the wee things to take back with you..hope you have a great stay...any plans for while you are over here visits etc?

Hiya Det......haggis mm now you are talking my friend!!!Iam so chuffed that you are back on track mate...well done you....wonder how much the total would be if we added up all the "cant remember"times through al

Hiya SF ...hows you today?so far thats the Queen and Obama .....hmmm whos next?? :H
    you sound really positive....certainly have come a long way well done

Hiya blondie hows you? yep reckon everyone is on the move at the mo..got my long haul holiday booked now for Feb..we usually do a long haul every 18 mos/2 years ..so far Russia ,India,China, just booked Cambodia Vietnam and Thailand combined..so def looking forward to that.
    What are you up to this evening? anything or just chilling..have a great evening.

right peeps ..back dans le jardin pour moi ..hopefully put a pic up of what I have been at (if you arent bored with it all!!)take care and have a great day

Six retired Floridian men were playing poker in the condo clubhouse when Mr. Smith loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table.
    Showing respect for their fallen comrade, the other five continue playing, but standing up.
    At the end of the game, Mr. Jones looks around and asks, "So, who's gonna tell his wife?
    They cut the cards. Mr. Miller picks the low card and has to carry the news. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse.
    "Discreet? I'm the most discreet person you'll ever meet. Discretion is my middle name. Leave it to me."
    Mr. Miller goes over to the Smiths? condo and knocks on the door.
    Mrs. Smith answers through the door and asks what he wants?
    Mr. Miller says: "Your husband just lost $500 in a poker game and is really afraid to come home."
    "Tell him to drop dead!" yells the wife.
    "I'll go tell him." says Mr. Miller.

A guy was in a supermarket when he noticed an old lady following him around. Whenever he stopped, she stopped, and she also kept staring at him. She finally overtook him just before the checkout where she turned to him and said: "I hope I haven't made you feel uncomfortable - it's just that you look so much like my late son." "Oh, that's ok," he said. "I know it's silly," she continued, "but if you called out 'Goodbye, Mother' as I leave, it would make me ever so happy." The old lady proceeded through the checkout and as she left the supermarket, the man called out "Goodbye Mother." The old lady waved back, and kindly smiled. Pleased he had brought a bit of sunshine to someone's day the man went to pay for his groceries. "That'll be 105 dollars 35," said the clerk. "How come?" inquired the man. "I've only bought a few things "Yeah, but your mother said you'd pay for her"

An International School Teacher )

...starts a lesson with her 4 students, who are an American kid, an African kid, a European kid and a Chinese kid. She asks "what's your opinion on food scarcity in other countries?" first, the African kid asks "what's food?" the European kid asks "what's scarcity?" the American kid asks "what's other countries?" and finally the Chinese kid asks "what's my own opinion?"

A Rooster sees a cat fall in a puddle

The rooster falls into a fit of laughter, and can barely catch his breathe. The cat climbs out of the puddle and scolds the rooster saying "that was not funny at all." The rooster composes himself and says "Sorry, but do you know what a wet pussy does to a cock?"

A man was looking for work. In fact, he was desperate. He heard the circus was in town and so he went and asked the ring master if there was a job for him. The ring master said, "We're lucky you showed up! Our tiger just died and he was a big part of the show. What we need you to do is put on this tiger costume and pretend to be a real tiger. Nobody will know the difference." So the man put on the tiger costume, and he had to admit, it was a very realistic costume. Soon the show started, and the time came for the tiger act. The man, eager to do a good job, lept out into the ring, snarling just like a real tiger. The crowd cheered. He did all the things the tiger was supposed to do: let the trainer stick his head in his mouth, balanced on a ball, and finally walked across a tightrope. The crowd loved it. But then a lion and a bear entered the ring. The ring master announced, "Now you will see these three ferocious beasts enter one cage together!" The man had no choice as he was herded into the cage with the lion and the bear. The two animals roared and snarled, and the man became afraid for his life. He began running around the cage, shouting, "Let me out! I'm not a real tiger! Help!" Then the lion grabbed him and said, "Shut up! Do you want us all to lose our jobs?"

Within 2 months of being in Iraq to help train Iraqi Police recruits the LAPD sent the following message up to Army command:
    It's over. We have weapons of mass destruction, need guidance on who we are supposed to find them on.

Forrest Gump dies and goes to heaven...

...he is greeted by St. Peter. St. Peter says, "Forrest, to get into heaven, you're going to need to answer three questions.
    How many days of the week start with the letter T?
    How many seconds are there in a year?
    What is God's first name?
    Forrest thinks long and hard about these three questions. Finally, he goes up to the angel and says, "I've got my answers sir."
    Peter: "Okay, Forrest. How many days of the week start with the letter T?"
    Forrest: "Why, today and tomorrow of course!"
    Peter, slightly surprised, says "well, that wasn't the answer I was expecting, but that is correct. Next, how many seconds are there in a year?"
    Forrest: "Twelve."
    Peter: "Twelve?!"
    Forrest: "Yeah, January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd..."
    Peter's more astonished than before at these unexpected answers. "Again, not what I was expecting, but correct. Finally, what is God's first name?"
    Forrest: "Harold."
    Peter: "Harold?!"
    Forrest: "Yeah, it says so right in the lord's prayer. 'Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name.'"

I just lost 150 pounds of useless, life draining fat

I got a divorce.

A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.
    On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.
    While scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost.
    She asked, ?Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane??
    The farmer said, ?Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.?
    The old lady suggested, ?Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand??
    ?Why thank you very much,? he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.
    On the way he says ?Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time?.
    The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, ?I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your wicked way with me??
    Farmer said, ?Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that??
    The old lady replied, ?Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens?

I went to a Greek restaurant the other day.

It was great! I forgot my wallet but Angela Merkel came around and picked up my tab!

An Indian man has appeared in court accused of punching his girlfriend in the face.
    Chinda Gudanproppa denies the charge.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Quick hello sitting waiting for flight to London . Tired but I signed up for this so cant complain. Stay safe and sober

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for kicking us off and congrats on day 9. You got it right, you don't have to do everything right now. Nice atmosphere at new job sounds perfect. Keep up the baby steps.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. It still hasn't quit raining so nothing's been happening at the garden, just check everyday to make sure it's still there! Going to spend the day on work the boss gave me. Should have something to show him before he gets back. Glad to doc got your back sorted, now take it easy so you're good to go on Friday.

TT...safe journeys. I think I've heard this tape before. :H Hey, maybe you can find out where CB is staying and hook up. We'll be watching for you.

Det...glad the plans changed and you get your weekend after all.

Lav...good morning, see I got on before you this morning but that's probably cause you were still posting last night.

Off to get my second cuppa and you know, read the jokes. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

MAE Abbers......odd....I am later than PPQ.

Mick.....your cock laughs?!?! :H

Thanks for the start Bear.

Have a safe journey TT, man you get around I envy you the travel a little as I have been tied to my business for 3 years. Don't envy that long flight though

Right .....nighty night for me.

Laters

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Mick,

An Indian man has appeared in court accused of punching his girlfriend in the face.
            Chinda Gudanproppa denies the charge.
            ????

:goodjob: On 11 months!!
            Don't hurt the newly treated back today.

Lav, Our weather is so beautiful today. Woke up to 70s and breeze. Hope yours is fine, too. I still think some young'un with a good back should help with the mulch. :-)

TT, Safe Travels.

Bear, Keep it simple. :-)

Kuya, AA gives chips on Day 1, Day 30, Day 60, Day 90, 6 months, 9 months and then anniversary chips for every year. In my home group we call the 9 month chip the pregnancy chip. :-)

PPQP, How are you today?

Cat, Enjoy London. I take Calcium, D3, Magnesium and Melatonin at bedtime. Very helpful.

SF, Wine was my friend for many years until my alcoholism drew me even deeper. For the last couple of years, Vodka swilled as quickly as possible was my poison. I couldn't get the "hit" quick enough.

Blondie, 3 hour time limit at the mall? My hubby and daughter would have to go and move the car. I hate shopping.

Det, :goodjob: on staying sober despite the circumstances. It is good to see you doing well again. :l

Wits End, Where are you? You are more than welcome on this thread and we will give any help we can.

Finishing up the bathroom painting today, then on to the living room tomorrow. Sick and tired of the mess!! I think deer are munching on my tomato plant. I guess a cage is in order around that single plant. Geez. Strawberries gone the minute they turn red. No fruit for Cindi, but I think the animals and birds are very happy.

Stay happy, stay sober and be well, my friends.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

xpost Kuya and PPQP, Waves.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Good morning Abbers

Nice weather, sunshine, the whole bit tody. Going to meet my girls at Longwood gardens at 11 am, looking forward to that!

Bear, slow & steady there....good
                Everything will fall into place, honestly!

Mick, glad your back is better but don't go & undue al that work you just had done - careful!
                Now you know why I no longer keep any roosters around here ~ they're really nasty :H

Wishing you a safe flight TT!

PQ, I was on here earlier this morning but was interrupted by a text message from a friend & former co-worker. Her 36 yr old step son has died, I don't know the circumstances yet but I'm guessing there was likely drugs/AL involved. This is sad

Hi there kuya, hope you get a good rest!

Have a great AF day one & all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Oops, Hi Cindi!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Aw Lav...sorry to hear about your friends stepson. Rough start to your day but hey you got Longwood to look forward to. Hope you enjoy your day....PPQP

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Happpy Wed ABerooos!

jeepers, my poor Dx just limped in with a dog bite from her bike ride. owie! so I've disinfected it and time for ice. it's already bruising.

there is a 14 car pile-up on the freeway so I'm delayed a bit in zooming off to work travels. Thanks for the kickstart Bear, I hope you do go to rollerderby, you'll be glad you did.

Lav enjoy the get together. gardening is indeed therapeutic.

Tree Tops, safe travels and look out for that airport food

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

Happy tp have found a daily thread for June. I saw one elsewhere in the Forums earlier this morning but I lost it.

I am going to attempt to put together 30 days AF. I'll post elsewhere in the Newbie column later. At work right now.

I have been on and off this site for years in various names and reincarnations. Maybe this time I can be honest.

Love the site. Happy Wednesday to all from sunny Southern California

Comment

Wed 5 June AF daily

welcome Maryjo! indeed rigorous self-honesty is key.

nestled into my hotel room here in Sunnyvale CA. glad it's cooled down so I'll sleep well after my goat curry (really!).

gotta be up at 5:45 tomorrow but will check chat for a bit

gnight all
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X