i wont drink 2day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wont drink 2day!

:new: been lookin round,read lots,felt lots,bit anxious at present,this is all new 2me...but here goes..!...been drinkin 4 20 odd yrs now,put on 3 stone,only got half my own teeth an a lovely beer belly !.actually a wine belly..gave up the voddy when i fell down the stairs..no harm dun,luckily i bounced.!.but im 47,hope 2c my 48th,on the 17th.!.got 6 grandkids and wud like2 stay around 2 c them grow up..they lost 1 of theirgrandparents 8 weeks ago..u think there but for the grace of god go i.!..need 2 start gettin well..u lot hav been a great help with the diet an vits.advice etc.hope i can take it all on board an takestrength from u all..hope i havnt bored u 2 much,thnx 4 the shoulder..xxx

i wont drink 2day!

Good on you and welcome. Why not get the book to read tonight. You can download it Get the book here

Love from
    Helen

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

:welcome: Arien,

So glad you are here. It is a great place to be for support. Hang in there. We are all in the same boat. Just trying to reach the same goal - gettin well, as you say. 6 grand kids, WOW, lucky you. A great reason to stay around! Come often!

Hugs, :l

Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

It takes time, take baby steps. and if you start feeling like you're falling down, post.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Hi Ariel why not save some of the beer money to get your teeth fixed....The diet stuff is free with a healthy diet and exercise.

Seriously i lost teeth donkeys years ago and hated the fact i had a partial denture...HOWEVER i got a good dentist and he is into dental implants..so i had the three crucial ones done...cost several thousand..but i now have lovely teeth that dont come out!!!!sorted crowns , veneers etc and the transformation is amazing..i had surgery bone grafts the lot...as lost the teeth 25 yrs ago!!!

i know i am lucky as i could afford it..dont know your situation financially..but maybe you could save some beer money towards teeth, hair cut, new clothes ,whatever makes you feel more confident.i must have spent thousand son booze ove rthe years!!!

good luck with your goals... and the "beer Belly"...Regards Cassy

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Hello Arien,
            You haven't bored me.
            It's always good to meet new friends.
            Stay a while. You'll love it.
            I do.

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Hello Arien,
              Welcome...You Hope!!! Hope is what you have here...with the program and the support...

You CAN do it!!!
              Control the Mind

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Sounds like you won't drink today because that's what you told yourself. Say the same tomorrow! Gald you found us.
                Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Hi Arien,
                  What a great thread name. Very motivational. Welcome and glad you found us. I agree with Didit, tell yourself the same thing tomorrow. Keep posting here and reading. You will find a lot of support and it works if you put your mind to it!

Good luck
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

You didnt bore me a bit. Everything you said is fixable. Teeth can be replaced, a wine belly can be lost, time with the Grandkids can be had.

If those are what you want, then make everyday alcohol free. You can do that, i have been sober for almost 2 weeks, i have already lost 11 pounds and feel SOOOOOOOO much better. Trust me, i was a 7 day a week drunk, passed out every nite. YOU CAN DO THIS, oreder the book here on line and down load it and print it from your copier, that will be a start.

God bless you and good luck
                    Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Welcome Arien!

Love the attitude - sounds like you're ready to kick some b-tt so go for it! Look forward to hearing how it continues.

And Capt Morgan! - Congratulations :goodjob: - nearly 2 weeks AF and you're sounding GREAT!

Warmest wishes,
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Hi Arian, welcome. Related to your post, it was when I started falling down stairs etc and really damaging myself that I knew enough was enough. I am not going to drink today either...we can stay strong together, no-one is ever alone here.

Lorna
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Welcome Arien!

You've found a wonderful place.

All the best
                          K
                          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

i wont drink 2day!

Welcome Arien

we are about the same age... so I know where you are coming from.
                            Reached a point with all the drinking that it just didnt seem bothering with all those other details in life - BUT - since I managed to string some AF days together my focus and determination to improve things in my life has bounced back with a vengance.

Stick around here and I am sure you will find strength and encouragment.
                            Stay clean & sober and enjoy those grandchildren, you have a lot to look forward to.
                            Best wishes
                            Changeling (100 days af)

Comment

Working...
                            X