Once I start do I Take Topa forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously considering ordering the Topa and trying to weigh all sides...I am wondering if this is someething I will have to take for the rest of my life in order to keep the drinking demon away. Don't really want to trade one drug for another but I DO want to stop.
    :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

I think that is up to you and your doctor. For me, I believe that I will stop taking Topa eventually. I just want to get my body healthy and get my head around this sobriety thing. I know I have a lot of triggers to overcome. I also know I have alot of issues that I need to work out, emotional baggage if you will, that I should work through. Because if all that is still there when I go off the Topa, the chances that I'll go back to drinking are pretty high. And trust me, I don't want that.
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

My thinking is that drinking just became a habit and once I am able to break it then eventually
      I am hoping I won't have to rely on topa. But I plan to keep on doing the supplements and cd's so I think that is a big plus.
      Someone told me in chat last night that topa isn't a magic pill. It's amazing yes but you have to work the program. Topa is just a tool that you use to enhance the whole program.
      I am really excited about this and have been AF for a week now. :happy:

Comment

My plan was to be on Topa for awhile and get my drinking under control and to slowly ween myself off of it. At the same time I was taking the supplements. So far so good. I am just taking the supplements. I think I took Topa for about 3 months.

However it is something that is up to you.

Good luck
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I am on topa, and on day 84 AF, I am going off of topa at my 90 day mark...so I would say no, you dont have to stay on it forever, you can go off of it once you have your mind in the right place. ( we will see how it goes) I just think it helps to have that little proven medical boost in the beginning. And I dont want to be on it forever either...
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Topa forever? Nope, definitely not. I agree with what most of you have said. Drinking is definitely a habit. The longer the space between, the better it is. My doctor told me to come in once a month for blood tests, just to make sure my liver is ok with Topa. And that's what I'm going to do. And as long as my liver's ok, I'm fine with taking Topa. Even over a period over let's say a year or so.

I'm planning to get married this year, too. And the very fact that I have been able to get the alcohol habit under control before dating and keeping it under control during the stresses of the first year of wedlock is worth taking Topa a bit longer.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'm just over the moon to have found Topa-Dopa. And me not wanting to take it at first ....
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
            X