xtexans Program Outline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xtexans Program Outline

Any piano players here on the forum? I got to thinking about all the stuff that I use at one time or another. Not every single day of course, but in a sort of ongoing pattern. One day I feel like I need to do something or the other, or take something, and it all goes to my total abstinence from any alcohol or tobacco. The next day I'll do something else. The same thing day after day fosters boredom and monotony for me, so I like to keep it mixed up.

It?s sort of like each element that I list below is like a piano key, and I am playing a long concerto of sorts.

Heres a rundown.

Xtexans System Outline:

SUPPLEMENTS

Vitamins

Multi-Vitamin
    Vitamin B100 complex
    High potency Vitamin B1
    High potency Vitamin B6
    High potency Niacinamide
    500 mg chewable Vitamin C

Minerals

Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc Combination Tablets
    Magnesium Citrate Liquid
    Magnesium Chloride (Slo-Mag)
    Potassium Chloride

Amino Acid
    Products
    Phenibut Powder
    GABA capsules
    L-Glutamine powder (both alcohol craving and muscular repair)
    L-Theanine capsules (anxiety control)
    L-Tyrosine (depression and anxiety)
    L-Phenylalanine(depression and anxiety)
    5-HTP capsules (depression and anxiety)
    Creatine Powder (muscular repairs)

Herbal
    Products
    (all herbals below for anxiety control on rotating basis)
    Valerian Root capsules
    Kava Kava capsules
    Passion Flower extract
    SolarRay Nerve Blend
    SolarRay Sleep Blend
    Calms Forte (has 1X Passion Flower as main ingredient)
    Skullcap extract

HORMONAL Products
    Melatonin

DETOXIFICATION Products (every so often)
    Psyllium Powder (fiber therapy)
    Bentonite Suspension (toxin adsorber)

EXERCISE METHODOLOGIES
    (a lot of rotation on the things below)

Cardio-Vascular (Aerobic and Anaerobic) (2X per week)

Running (outdoors)
    Road Bicycling
    Mountain Biking (off-road)
    Indoors Bicycling on ergometer
    Jump Rope
    Punching Bag

(note: all cardio monitored with pulse meter)

Muscular Development (2X per week)

Free Weight Exercises
    Barbell
    Various Dumbells
    Curling Bar
    Tricep Bar
    Weight Bench w/ Lat Tower, Fly Curls
    Some calisthenics
    r />Flexibility and Isometric Strength (3X to 4X per week on rotation)
    Active Isolated Stretches
    Meridian System Stretches
    Hatha Yoga positions
    The 5 Tibetan Rites exercises
    Pilates Mat Exercises

MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL METHODOLOGIES
    (varying rotation on these things too)

Analog Brain Wave Synchronizer
    Digital Brain Wave Synchronizer
    Holosync System
    Hemisync System
    Self-Hypnosis CD Audios
    Subliminal Audio Programs
    Paraliminal Audio Programs
    Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
    Buddhist Meditations
    Yoga Meditations
    Tai-Chi (both physical and meditative, but felt it belonged here)

So that?s a rundown of all the things I have used during the last 15 months. Pretty extensive, and I may have left off a few things. This is my program. Of course I have changed my diet as well, emphasizing lots of salad greens, with lots of extra fresh vegetables and fruits. Red meat cut at least 75% from what it was, and more chicken, turkey, and fish.

A lot of work and complication? Sure! Is it worth the time and trouble? Absolutely for me! I need variety to stay the course, and not get burned out on any one thing.
    For me, I always feel like I need something different to keep the momentum and motivation going.

Be well.

Neil

xtexans Program Outline

Neil, that's amazing, what attention to detail!! are you an auditor ? want to be one ?
    Just joking - makes me want to lie down in a dark room just reading it.

but it works for you, well done, I'm going to bookmark it for future reference.

xxx

Comment

xtexans Program Outline

Hi Neil,

Yes thats quite a list.. As a piano concerto its up their with Mozart's finest...

I suppose I would do about one third of what you have got there, but thats more than I was doing 6 months ago..

It has to become an ongoing regime, a part of your everyday life, and as you say Neil, you do need to rotate parts of it to offset the boredom... Its funny though how some seem to think if you are AF for a certain length of time then you have cracked it, but its a never ending thing, sure you will reach a stage where you can relax for a while, but you have to be aware that the enemy can and will strike at any time, it could be next week, in 9 months time or even 10 years time, you have to be vigilant and ready...

I have to admit though there have been times when I have enjoyed the battle.. To go through a really bad craving knowing all I have to do is buy a bottle of wine and pour that first glass. I acknowledge the fact that as I have the power to buy the wine, I also have the power not to buy it.. The choice IS MINE...

I have found meditation to be of a great help as well.. It calms the mind and soul, and it does help you to accept the cravings, examine them and then just let them go...

I have been sober now for just over 6 months and I have never felt healthier or happier in my life, long may it continue..

With love, Louise xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

xtexans Program Outline

Hi Neil & Thanks for sharing....

One red flag came up when I saw that you took Kava Kava & I looked it up b/c I read medical journals etc. I recall reading that it is known to possibly be harmful to the liver & looked it up on-line & found:

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers of the potential risk of liver damage associated with the use of kava-containing dietary supplements. Indigenous to the islands in the South Pacific, kava (Piper methysticum) has become one of the top-selling herbs in the U.S., ranking ninth in retail sales in 2000. Kava's widespread popularity is based on its well-recognized ability to safely relieve stress, anxiety and tension sleeplessness, menopausal symptoms and other conditions.
        Kava came under the scrutiny of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) after a number of European reports that it might cause damage to the liver - including hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver failure.

I looked up Kava kava FDA warning
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

xtexans Program Outline

Neil, Many thanks for sharing your regimen. You have been very successful and Irish - so wisely stated one never knows when the enemy will strike. With only 96 days AF the last 2 weeks have been the toughest time.

I wanted to ask you specifically about the EFT. That is tapping isn't it? I tried it once but I think I was doing something wrong - or perhaps I did not use it enough, I am not sure. Clearly I did not understand what I was doing.

Do you have any pointers , advice or technique or opinion you could share regarding EFT.

Many Thanks,
          Rivergirl

Comment

xtexans Program Outline

I knew I forgot some stuff.

Evening Primrose Oil- every so often, when a tough time hits

MSM- Every so often

Also, maybe I should have written Zen meditations, rather than Buddhist, as what I really am trying to achieve is a rudimentary Zen mind. The books by Alan Watts are pretty eye-opening on that count. Something I started when I was in my early twenties just beginning my journey to a total AF existence. Funny, the most profound zen mind experience I ever had was while digging in hard dirt, in the hot sun for maybe four hours straight. The repetition of the digging, and the pain of the hard work in the hot sun sort of forced my mind into the state where I was totally disconnected from my body, and Neil became a complete disembodied observer. Of course, that sort of work, in those conditions would land me in the hospital these days, but thought I would throw that in there. Not all meditation revelations happen while sitting the lotus position folks.

A few words on kava-kava. The stuff works great, and has effects no other supplement has. However, that said, I would not take this at all if I were still drinking or taking any kind of prescription drugs that tax the liver. Also, occasional use, only for particular situations is OK for me. How do I know this? Liver enzyme tests from my last physical. Every day use, while drinking might be flirting with disaster. I have read the FDA warnings on it, and conclude that judicious use occasionally is OK for me. Abuse of anything is asking for trouble. Alchohol abuse is a known high risk for liver damage, yet many still choose to guzzle it down despite that. I know I did for many years.

On EFT method. I have found that using it for general issues such as "I know I drink too much", or "I know I feel anxiety" do not yield me any results. However, when I focus on a specific event, that is well defined in my mnd, such as "I feel bad about the time I got in that fight with my best friend when I was 7, then it seems to have profound results in my case. Just last week, I found an issue from when I was 3, when a friend of my fathers tossed a realistic rubber snake in front of me, and scared me so bad I peed my pants. I remembered screaming bloody murder, and being traumatized for a long time afterwards. I had forgotten about this for 47 years folks!! Remember, patience and persistence is what will get you there. Nothing happens magically or overnight my friends in this quest for healing and improvement. Keep after it, and slowly, but surely the results you are looking for will happen. Sometimes very painfully, but thats the price I am willing to pay to get my messed up head straightened out. It is working.

I just posted this to spark a few ideas, or give a little insight into the extent of which I have to go to beat this thing down. Still a work in progress, and any new ideas are always appreciated. LIke I said a while back, if someone says that snorting table salt, while standing on your head, and reciting Lord Byron poetry helps stop drinking, I would probably try it to see if it worked. Of course, thats an exaggeration, but the point is to keep an open mind.

Other members have written me privately, telling me of their own things that help them, and work for them. The whole idea for me, as far as this forum goes, is to relieve the suffering of alcohol abuse.

Finally, on the auditor thing, I am a degreed Aerospace Engineer by training. Hence the mechanistic approach to problem solving. As a past instructor used to say, "Whatever flys.....flys. All others stay on the ground."

Neil

Comment

Working...
            X