Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P.

Here Lies my taste buds
    they once were active, now they are duds.

Does anyone else have this problem? I swear, nothing tastes good anymore. Not sweets, salty, greasy food, nothing thrills me the way it used to. I wonder if it's the Topamax. I am on 200mgs a day. Anybody else have this side effect or is it just me?
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

R.I.P.

LOL Didit!!!! I have heard people have issues with sodas but don't know about food. I just thought what you wrote was funny. I mean not funny for you I am sure, but funny nonetheless.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

R.I.P.

Oh yes DIFM, it's the Topa, amazing you got to 200mg before it kicked in...25mg for me. Metallic, fizzy, burnt round the edges of the tongue taste/feeling.

But it's worth it. (I wonder, if that's why we lose weight, can't taste anything, can't be bothered to eat..or drink!).

It does ease off, you'll be pleased to know.
      xxx

Comment

R.I.P.

Problem is, I'm not losing weight. I think I am actually eating more because I can't believe nothing tastes good. First I think if I put more salt on it will taste better, but it doesn't. Then, hey maybe salsa will taste good, nope. Argh!!!! I really like food and giving up both food AND drink REALLY sucks. SHEESH!!! I could deal with the soda tasting icky, but everything...why me????? Am I whining?
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

R.I.P.

This is my 2nd time around with Topa & this time I didn't get the metalic soda taste & didn't lose weight. I do occassionally get that "I'm not statisfied" with this taste. Kind of like when you order something and when you get it it's not what you expected. Food is not "exciting". But I eat it anyway.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X