AF Monday 10 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Monday 10 June

Mae all. Very quick check in. Internet is terrible. I am sober and sane - enjoying the wonder of Barcelona. 8 mths. AF today so thanks guys.
    Bit depressed from missing family and sometimes when sitting around with my bubbly water but mostly very busy and having a great time. Place is a feast for the eyes

AF Monday 10 June

Hi TT - Congrats on your 8 months!! Barcelona - wonderful!! We're missing you too

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

Mae all hope you are all ok...tt notso far same country...spain! Off into the sea for a swim..be good team!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

morning all - took my lovely cat back to the vet - swabs for eye infection and listened to heart again - no evidence of heart murmur - I am so happy now!!

I also listened to my calm CD last night - finally managed to sync my i-pod, feel a little better. Have booked a session with a CBT counsellor. I have read lots of books - and it helps a bit but I think face to face would be beneficial.

I'm not sure we can get vitamin levels tested on NHS, I need to see doctor anyway so will ask.I also wonder if my vit d is low - not much sun and I wear sunscreen pretty much all the time being so pale.

Yesterday I missed rollerderby again - and enjoyed having the time to potter about and sort garden,see friends, hang out around the house.I have decided I will keep going, I don't want to quit BUT like next weekend I will miss practice as it is a friend's birthday. I'm letting go of all the competition to make the A Team and am not doing weekend long bootcamps anymore. I am happy with the B Team - I joined to get fit and make new friends originally,I'll work hard when I am there but it has to be fun again.Only I can change my attitude to rollerderby.

I have joined flylady as well so tonight I will be doing my 15 minutes of decluttering and bathroom cleaning, and clearing the sink area. I will also move for 20 minutes to help my anxiety - that may be a walk or an exercise DVD, not decided yet.

Anyway - good day everyone, Mick hope you are enjoying sun and beach.
        one day at a time

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Congrats on 8 months, look at you go! Bit of the blues is only natural while traveling for work and dealing with it without AL is ACE.

Blondie...good morning to you.

Mick...sounds like you're having a lovely time. Was just wondering if you leave the rabbits to fend for themselves or do you have a rabbit sitter?

Bear...glad the vet visit was positive. One less thing to worry about. Sounds like you've got a good plan going there. Totally agree with the counsellor route. Good job.

Had a very up & down weekend. Haven't had one of those for awhile. Anyways, the boss is back today so it'll be things as normal again. Have a great AF Monday all and all to check in...PPQP

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

Good morning Abbers,

More rain & flood watches to deal with today, oh well.
            I think I'll find some indoor projects to fill my time since I don't have a lot of work going on right now.

I slept great last night because I closed the windows & turned the AC on
            I was not kidding about the deer giving birth in my backyard. I had to ask my neighbors the first time I heard all that noise, I had no clue

TT, I hope you are enjoying yourself a bit - Barcelona sounds nice

bear, I had my vitamin D level checked several years ago & found out it was low, despite taking supplements. I added extra vitamin D (3000 mg/day) & now my level is within normal limits. I was concerned about bone health but I've aslo heard vitmain D described as the cheapest antidepressant on the market! Something to think about!

Greetings YahYah, blondie, Mick, PQ, kuya & everyone!

Our old friend Shueaddict had a birthday yesterday, I sent her best wishes on Facebook!
            She said she's been stalking me on FB because she likes the happy upbeat messages I post! Good to know someone is reading them :H

Have a great day one & all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

MAE Abbers,

(I figured I would join the crowd on the greeting thing.)

TT, wonderful news about the 8 months AF. I know well the loneliness of traveling for business. I did it for 15 years. 40+ weeks a year. I quit partly because of my drinking and realizing I would have an extra hard time staying sober and traveling so often. Of course, being home with hubby all the time has its issues, too. :H

Mick, I hope you are still enjoying your holiday. I would love to visit Spain.

Kuya, You feeling better yet?

Lav, The deer birth statement brought a fond memory to me about something my daughter said when we were looking to live on a farm/ranch in Oklahoma years ago. She didn't want to move out to the country and when we were looking at a lovely home on 100 acres, she said, "But the cows will keep us awake all night with their mooing!!"

Det, Morrison posted a thread yesterday. You might want to find it and post there, too. I did tell him about this thread and that you are here. I pm'd him but who knows if his email is correct after all this time. I hope he joins us.

Feeling darned good today for some reason. I think the 90 days "funk" is starting to pass. In AA you traditionally get chips for Day 1, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 9 months and then a medallion for each year. The reason behind that is that each of those anniversaries are typically periods where sober AAers tend to relapse. It probably has something to do with the physical and mental changes we are going through as our bodies and minds heal. I know that I was feeling very antsy last week and some days were rough but I did make it through. The physical labor working on the house and property is also helpful. I am glad I decided to take Antabuse this first year (at a minimum if at all possible) so that I can't let this insane brain talk me out of my sobriety.

Bear, you sound good. Consider exercise as a part of your healing rather than a challenge. Enjoy it. A counselor is a super idea.

Waves to Blondie, Wits End, Maryjo, Y@H (glad you are feeling less funky ), PPQP, Cat and anyone else I have forgotten or any lurkers out there.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

Keep that happy feeling going Cindi
                Life is so much better without AL ~ not perfect but better & easier.

I hear all sorts of animal sounds here. There's a horse farm across the road from me. I love seeing the baby horses romping around in the Spring
                There's lots of cows & sheep on my road too & I can sometimes hear them (depending on which way the wind is blowing) :H. Nature is nice!!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

happy unhung Monday ABeroooos!

great day here and it rained TONS which is such a pleasant surprise here in the high desert.

Lav, I just love baby animals too. the wild mustangs about a mile from us have new foals bouncing around and they are just the cutest.

Cindi, thank you for the heads up on Morrisson! I'll look for that right away

Bear, excellent call on the D3. I forget about the low sunshine there. agree with Lav that it's very important for brain health.

went for a nice bike ride with Dx and got in some weight lifting this morning. determined to get back in the exercise beat.

be well peeps!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

Treetops Hooray for 8 months! that is just fab. xxxxx
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Monday 10 June

Treetops - amazing on 8 months good job xxxx
                      one day at a time