Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good morning to all...

Thought I would start week two as I have not been up early to start a new thread.

Dill, you are so wonderful, watching the little ones while Dad is at work. I know that kids going through what they have been through, with all the changes, can sometimes be even more active. Hope the weather is playing outside weather this week.

Lav, thanks for the link, how do you find this stuff? All the information makes sense, and I will continue to eat lots of fruits and veggies. But, I did make shortcakes for strawberry shortcake with whipped cream and it was delicious!!! I want to pick more strawberries next week!!! I finished the mulching and it looks beautiful. Little by little it gets done, and boy am I sore. Time to go back to work today. Ha.

Witts end, knowing your triggers and being prepared is a huge step towards permanent change. Good job.

Have to make breakfast and get ready for work. Hello to all and have a lovely Monday.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good morning Star & everyone!

Thanks for moving us int week two ~ I suppose I could have done that over the weekend but it honestly didn't even occur to me - Duh :H

I am a firm believer in feeding your body what it needs but sometimes it's nice to have dessert too I picked up a large box of strawberries myself yesterday. I intend to toss a handful into the blender along with a banana & some almond milk to make smoothies. Even EB likes them at 4 1/2

The rain is back & so are the flood watches, swell.
    I'm heading out to Curves & stopping at Walmart to load up on household supplies, paper towels, etc. Such an exciting life!!!!

cyn, welcome home! Happy belated borthday to you
    Glad you get to spend time with your Mom, that's special & something I've missed for the past 27 years. I hope there is someone nearby her to keep an eye on her.

Dill, hope you have a sane & happy day with the kids. Have you given any thought into getting a few chickens for them? My grandkids just love mine & always want to help with feeding & collecting eggs. Just don't get 25 or 30 of them - a few will do

Greetings to everyone else, hope you all check in today!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

hello everyone week 2 is great
      day 12 for me and feeling great
      af june
      day1 done
      week 1 done
      bring on july

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Hi Everyone-I am here and doing OK. It was just a wicked busy end of the week and weekend. My demos went great-got a lot of validation from the owner of the store I went to on Saturday AND got treated to lunch from my old work friend. Her husbands MRI came back great and they have been given at least a 2 year extension for a prognosis so a great weight has been lifted. Of course with brain cancer you just never know but for now life is good for both of them and it did my heart good to have lunch with her again and talk. I've missed that this past year. Yesterday was my all day event (whisker walk) and it was fabulous!!! 8 hours of go go go. We gave out over 500 samples!!! The weather was absolutely beautiful and the vibes were fantastic all day. I brought my Mickey and because there were two of us manning the table I was able to take him for a few walks around the fairgrounds. He had a good time I think just being with mom and getting lots of attention. I was spent tho at the end and just wanted to crash at home but, sis wanted to feed dad and me so off I went.

I do miss the Fredster very much. The house has a different energy now for sure.

I can't even talk about work right now. There has got to be an answer somewhere.

Star-you gardening warrior you!! How I miss those days. I too am angry that your dad is being allowed to be in so much pain. Your frustration is palpable and I can't even imagine how helpless you feel right now. All I can offer is a virtual :l, knowing it isn't enough. :h

Lav-I love your answer to keeping kids busy-chickens!!!

Dill-You are definitely not alone in turning over your retirement to helping your son and grandkids. They are so very lucky to have you and your hubby there to help. I hope they show their appreciation frequently. I think of you daily and hope you can find some balance.

Welcome home Cyn and belated Happy Birthday! It must have been a shock to see all 3 ladies looking thinner and more frail. I'm so sorry you can't be with you mom full time. :l

Pers-Sorry to hear what your diagnosis might be. I really hope the meds that are out there right now will make a difference for you.

Witts-you are doing great! Keep it up! I will tell you that as time goes on and you add more and more tools to your arsenal, those triggers will lose there potency. Maybe not 100% but you will start to find other ways to deal with them and it feels so good! Star is right-it is really really cool to wake up unhung every single morning. The thought of suffering through one more hangover is one of my biggest deterrents. I get almost physically ill just even thinking about it!!

Really enjoying the Voice tonite-the artists have pulled out all the stops in this semi final and the music is just incredible. Out of the 5 left, I can't even begin to decide who I would like to see make it to the finals (only 3 can make the cut tomorrow). They are all just so good!!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

A quick goodnight to all - long day of work here, just now finishing up and getting ready for bed.

Congrats Witts End, keep up the good work! Good luck to everyone else -- Star and Dill I am sending hugs your way. PMom, so glad the weekend was good -

Pretty drippy day here today, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Trying to catch up on everything since I was away, and lots of stuff happening this week. Ugly brown BR carpeting getting pulled up tomorrow, so the morning will involve moving furniture! But it sure will be nice to have that gone. Also getting ready for a tag sale next weekend (hoping to entice someone to buy the DR table and chairs and the Spa tub!) Lots going on, but I'm always thinking of my 'family' here.

Hope all have sweet dreams - what was it LBH used to say? Bon reve rose...
          to the light

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Still pouring rain here too cyn but at least the threat of a tornado has passed
            Keeping my fingers crossed that my baby veggie garden holds up throught all this rain.

Papmom, you are one busy lady! Glad your weekend went so well
            I'm still missing my chatty bird - he was such a part of teh family.

I am going to spend a few hours with my daughter & Ms Lily tomorrow. I hope the rain ends by then because we like to visit the local shops by foot.

Have a good night everyone!
            Rusty, where are you?

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good morning...

Lav, sounds like a great summer ahead, this rain will make things green and grow like crazy. We had a little rain, but muggy and summery. Your life sounds beautiful, filled with family and day to day tasks that are meaningful. I wish I could work about two days a week,that would be perfect. Time to get things done. How fun to visit with your daughter and granddaughter. Enjoy.

Cyn, sorry I did not address you in last post, so glad you are home and able to nest. New flooring sounds great to me. Are you getting more carpeting or flooring? I recently tried and it did not work out so interested in your purchase. With all the rain, I bet you love the green. After visiting the desert, I was hit with the intense green in the summer. I love it.

Pap, your weekend sounded great. Sorry your job is not going where you want it to be. Wish you could do something with your weekend gig that seems to be fun. Your doggie like attention and being at the event with you was perfect.

WittsEnd, good job, just keep focusing on all the good. Cause AF, so much more IS good.

Hello to all,have a great day.
              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good morning all,

Up early thanks to Ms Matilda's smallish bladder :H
                It looks like a small tornado touched down last evening near the University of Delaware about 10 miles away from here No reports of injuries just a bunch of large old trees falling through rooftops, power outages, that sort of thing. Not raining at the moment but very muggy out there, yuck.

Star, it's green around here, absolutely but the ground is saturated. There are all kinds of funky mushrooms popping up everywhere. Enough!!! Hopefully today will be drier & the storms will hold off until tonight.

Greetings to everyone & wishing a terrific AF Tuesday for one & all
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good job, Witts!:goodjob:

Hi Star, Lav, Cyn, Pmom, Pers, et. al., Thinking of you all, but this has been one of those busy days so just a quick pop in to say hello. Just finished making a double batch of cherry jam and now it's off to pick up the toddler from day care.

DIL was picked up Sunday and is behind bars for probation violation. Best place for her right now because she was going down to her addiction. Maybe this will be her wake up call before she loses everything.

Happy AF Tuesday everyone!
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

morning everyone ...still here but having a bad hair day to-day

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

thanks dill hopefully I won't find the excuse

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Aw Dill - I sure hope you are right about your DIL.
                      The cherry jam sounds very nice

I had a nice visit with my girls. My grandaughter is becoming quite the comedian

Witts end, I just posted to you on the Newbies Nest thread. Don't let one down day throw you off track, OK? We all have a crappy day from time to time - it's the nature of the beast
                      Keep your focus on your journey, tomorrow is always better especially when you are AF.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a good night to all.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

hello all -

Witts - I don't know if you knew Chill, our dear girl that isn't able to post here anymore. She was a great model, and I remember her saying that she kept telling herself at the beginning 'nothing is more important than keeping my sobriety safe' (or something like that). It really frames the whole thing well, don't you think? Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't really buy into that - other things were as important to me (or so I thought) and so even though we had the same quit date for a while, she surpassed me, and never looked back. I think often about how much further along I would be if I had only taken her philosophy. So anyway, here's a thought - just don't pay any attention to whatever bad mood is passing - keep your eyes on the horizon and put one foot in front of the other. Because Chill was right - there really isn't anything as precious as your AF life. (OK - getting off my soapbox now!)

A long day here- lots of moving furniture, a PT session, vacuuming and washing the newly-exposed floors, washing closet walls (since Mr Tree had the worker guys tackle changing the closet, and all clothes got moved), and trying in between to get some projects out the door. Sleepy and headed for bed now -- hope everyone has a good beginning of the day tomorrow -- Hey Rusty - I'm with Lav - where are you? You OK? Wishing everyone well -- mmmm, cherry jam. love that, Dill ---
                        to the light

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Thankyou all
                          still hanging in here hubby noticed something is wrong and has been very good (hovering )around and keep popping in to check
                          your right cyntree nothing is more important than af after all you all say the first week is the worse been there done that and don't want to go back there and start again
                          day 1 done
                          week 1 done
                          I aim to do june af

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good morning friends,

Boy, I could do with more sleep but apparently that's not gooing to happen
                            Im already thinking about a nap this afternoon!

Greetings cyn, witts end & everyone!
                            I am in total agreement ~ we must protect our quits, no matter what!
                            I remember feeling unsupported by those around me but I always found support right here

Cyn, Chill seems to be doing just fine, I see her on Facebook every single day!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Humpday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June - Week 2

Good Afternoon Jazzy Friends,

I have been MIA due to being in Minnesota last week and spending the weekend in Wyoming with my brother. He is extremely depressed. His wife of 37 years left him 3 years ago. He was blindsided by all of it and he is brokenhearted. He's having some serious health issues now and he's so lonely. I was glad to be fully present for him. AF is the only way to be when caring for a loved one, I think. I am home today and plan to plant my wave petunias now that the weather is FINALLY nice. Jeeezzz....it rained all last week while I was away so I'm glad I can be home to enjoy this beautiful day. Later this week I will be in Dayton, OH for our annual conference. I didn't go last year (too bummed out about flunking my exam and I didn't want to face my co-workers) so this year I can proudly say that I'm very glad to NOT be in the automotive world.

Witts-:goodjob: on all your AF time.

Star-I am so sorry to hear about your dad's prognosis, and I am furious that he is allowed to be in pain for so long. There is just NO excuse for that, and I feel doubly sad that you do not live closer to him. I can't imagine how hard that is on you.:upset: I just said a prayer for him and will keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Perse-I sure hope the docs can find a way to mitigate the pain of your RA. I, too, have herniated discs in my neck but it's been much better since I've mostly given up wheat: no bagels, bread, rice, potatoes.....some of my favorites. One woman told me her elderly mother's arthritis has been alleviated through avoiding wheat and tomatoes and eggplant.

Cyn-I'm glad you had a chance to spend time with your mom. It's sad seeing our mothers age, isn't it? Can't wait to hear about the new flooring. I love redecorating of any kind.

Pap-sorry your new job is not what you thought it would be. Our pets are our companions and I can feel your sadness about Freddy. Your dogs must be kind of lost without him, too. I'm sure they have been looking for him. Sending you a :l I'm glad your demo was successful last weekend. Sure wish you could find a job in a field that you love.

Dill-you must have a halo over your head for babysitting your grandkids on a daily basis. I'm glad Mr. D is a supportive and helpful husband. So much for starting out your retirement by padding around your kitchen in your fuzzy slippers, popping bon bons.:l

Lav-I am glad that tornado missed you....you've been able to dodge all the weather bullets, fortunately.

A happy hello to everyone I missed.

I'm off to the gym, then work in the Chicago suburbs, then to Dayton tomorrow.

Happy AF humpday to all my friends here.

Comment

Working...
                              X