Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Wednesday Thread

Yoohoo, where is everyone?

Seldom am the first to start an AF thread here in USA.

Posting this and leaving to come back and edit so two don't get started simultaneously.

Cindi

Okay, back..

Grandson got his permit, not sure if I posted that last night or not. Was completely knackered by the time I got back from my outing. 5 hours at the DMV and then 2.5 hours at Costco. Costco is great for some things but the large quantities require repacking and storing food in smaller quantities, etc. By the time I hit the bed, I was out for the count.

I am wondering how long it will be before grandson comes knocking at my door asking me to let him drive me somewhere. :-)

Any bets?

I have to figure out a $$ thing, today. I did not realize Costco only took debit cards or Amex. I ended up having to use my mom's account to pay for the groceries. Now I have to figure out a way to get $$ to put it back. That is my mom's money, not mine. I was stuck, unfortunately. As painful as it may be, we needed the groceries, I had worked out with my son and his family to repay their work with food, so I need to figure out what to do. Looks like I might actually have to pawn a few things. :-(

At the end of the day, even if I sell some stuff, it really is better than charging it to debt. Hubby and I have worked very hard to erasing all debt but mortgage and one car. It is best to keep it that way.

Sky is just starting to lighten. Twilight. Beautiful time, to me. When I went sailing with my dad, I loved waking up at twilight, no lights around, amid the ocean, quiet lapping against the boat. Incredibly peaceful feeling.

Hope all have a wonderful AF day.

I'll check back in as you slug-a-beds get up.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

AF Wednesday Thread

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the start up Cindi!
    I was up before 6 am again because my one of my dogs is an early riser. She's napping now while I guzzle coffee - doesn't seem quite right!
    Funny you mentioned Costco as I was there yesterday as well. I really have no reason to shop there anymore but I went with YB at his request. He has no reason to shop there either since he lives alone as well. I did pick up a few things for the house & let him pay :H
    Staying out of debt has always been important to me too, even more so now. I hope you can work things out without too much bother.

I'm off to Curves as soon as I can summon up some energy. I guess I'll get to work on a quilt this afternoon that I promised to my youngest grandson. Too wet outside to do much of anything, flood watches still in effect.
    I hop eeveryone has a wonderful AF Wednesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

MAE ALL...

Cindi...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Has the grandson come a knocking yet? If not before, you'll probably hear from him this weekend. I was surprised at Costco too but I just walked away. Does the money have to be replaced all at once? Perhaps you could make a couple of payments to ease the stress. You'll get it sorted. What a lovely memory of your Dad to have.

Lav...good job at scoring on your Costco trip. I'm still avoiding the place. I almost have all my debt sorted and it too has become a priority to stay out of it. Enjoy curves and the rest of your day.

TT...special delivery :angel:"PPP":angel: The conference will start and you'll get your :happy: back, you just watch and see.

:hallo: Mickster...keeping your head covered?

Got an email from the boss last night. He is working on the 2014 budget and wants to know if I want to increase my hours. Currently I work 9-1, Mon-Fri (although I seem to always be there) and kinda like that routine. Going full time would mean the kids don't have to cover me anymore though. I'll give it some thought. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Just saw the severe weather threat across most of midwest and ne again.

Lav and all others, keep an eye on the situation and stay safe.

Love,
        Cindi

ppqp, If you agree to increased hours, it means you have to do them, as opposed to being optional. Just a thought.
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

MAE Fabbies!

Cinders, good luck on the grandson/permit thing. :H I will say, though, teaching my daughter to drive wasn't too bad. She was very respectful and careful. It was VERY different after she had her license after about a year though. I hope your grandson will be respectful about the power of a car.

It is wonderful to hear you sounding so good! Congrats on your 90 days!

:grouptrophy:

Afternoon, Lavande, looks like we are in for some more severe weather/flooding today and tomorrow. Thank goodness nothing like Oklahoma......

Hey PPQP! Good luck deciding what you want to do about work. It's a nice dilemma to have!

I've been very busy between preparing for my office move and then the following weekend is my 40th high school reunion. Yikes! :wow: I cannot be this old! I also have paperwork out the yin-yang and want to paint the family room to boot. At any rate, I do not have the time to be in a funk any longer.

I'm thinking of all of you, and hugs for everyone, posters and lurkers.

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Just whizzing in before bed - just back after 12 and a half hour day - another ten hour day tomorrow - I will be driving when I am usually sleeping.

Felt intermittently stressed today bought ' anxiety for dummies' and am practicing breathing, taking St John's Wort and did a bit of exercise yesterday. I spoke to my manager though and he was very supportive - though I do find he can be confusing and a bit rambling he is a very nice man and I am pleased he is my manager.

Headache but on sofa with a cat who is pleased to see me,off to bed in a bit.
            No alcohol today and no thoughts of it either - alcohol and anxiety do not mix.
            Good evening all - will post tomorrow evening - up so early tomorrow no time to do anything apart from drink coffee and shower.
            one day at a time

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Hi guys......just a quick check in.

Have not been posting much as in a shitty headspace, unwell and frankly in a foul mood.

Since this thread has people I care about I decided not to bring my bad mood here.

Hope you are all well......will post more soon I expect.

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Bear....try cutting out the coffee. It is not going to help your anxiety. Eat food instead.

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

kuya, glad to see you but sorry you are feeling down. We are here is you need a sounding board

bear, keep taking those deep breaths & keep yuor eye on your goals - you will be OK

YahYah, I feel fortunate to not be living in a flood zone but with all the open space around here the wind can do a lot of damage. Hope my chickens know enough to hold on tight! The worst of the storm is supposed to hit here between dinner & bedtime tomorrow, oh joy!

Hi Cindi, I've been thinking about your grandson & the learners permit all day. I taught both of my kids to drive because my police officer husband was too chicken :H I just don't think I could deal with my grandson driving - then again he's only 4 1/2
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

howdly doodley AFers!

thanks for the nice jumpstart Cindi

extra hugs for TreeTops and Kuya xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bear, this is the time to be most cautious....when you are feeling better and finding yourself not thinking about our common foe. guard up love!

Lav, I guess I was a weird kid...never had any interest in driving. in fact I never got my DL til my 20's.

watching the Simpsons always cheers me up. Homer got an RX for medical MJ and the warning label reads 'objects may appear more edible than they really are' LOL!

sober cheers all 'round

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Det - I have no doubt you were probably a totally weird kid :H :H

Don't stay up too late watching the Simpsons
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Quick check in. See peeps are having a few minor bumps in the road....but nothing AL driven.. .Yipee.

I have been learning a lot about self-care. I passed all my classes at 100%. I got the most awesome massage today....I am tellin' you....I think the "student" based places are the best....because they are open to what you need and want....and just do it for cheap. Then headed off for a pedicure I am committed to more self care in the future.

After all that I headed to hubby's event. I struggled with this all week whether to attend or not. It is at a bar. And I mean a bar. But I sat at the front table, enjoyed the music....and was there when my son "needed" to go home.

I was completely dissapointed with the staff there. The guy who runs the sound for my husband is severely overweight. The staff so was rude to him when he ordered food. He actually mentioned it to me....I was trying sooo hard to not to notice their rudeness.

I am not excusing his being so overweight, but it obvisously it is a problem he deals with every day and is in pain over. We talked a bit about my drinking problem....so we related.

I am so done with judgement of other people. And I simply can not tolerate from a freaking waitress who had a freaking BOOB job. She was so incredibly heartless to him....but, had I been banging it up for beers...anyways....we are NOT doing the event there again....

It really was all I could do to not say something to Manager...who thought the event was awesome and can't wait to have us back. We ain't coming. Your staff is rude.

This turned up longer than I wanted.

Comment

AF Wednesday Thread

Hi all hope all well ky get that smiley on xx big hugs
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                          X