X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday June 14

Good morning Abbers!

Getting a late start here but I've made a lot of coffee

Still dealing with rain here but the big storms have moved out. What a week!!!

Greetings to one & all & wishes for a great AF Friday all around
    Hope you are behaving yourself Mick!!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Morning Lav...late start for me too. Glad the worst is over.

Mick...yes I think we all need your jokes back. Safe travels home.

Off to work, will check in later. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

Hi, AFers,

Quick jump in from me. Hubby stayed home to work on house, too.

Appraiser is going to be walking around all kinds of stuff from painting, spring cleaning (summer cleaning??), etc. Oh well. :H:H

Legs and back are exhausted but I am so glad we started this nightmare. Between my drinking and both of our health issues, parent issues and all the last two or three years, this house has been sorely neglected. It is good to start the process of maintenance.

Have to run. I chair the June Women's Only AA meeting Friday afternoons. It is fun and a good meeting. Part of my "give back."

Lav, it is good to know that it took you almost a year, too. These kinds of sharing are so helpful when things get a little bumpy and we are wondering if there is something other than just the healing going on.

On a sad but somewhat humorous note, my son came to me the other morning looking very, very worried. His detox has been horrendous but I guess a quart of voda and a 12 pack of beer a day is even more alcohol than I drank. He was so worried because he was hearing voices. In his case, it was Jeopardy and then constant chatter off and on. I explained that it was auditory hallucinations, just like visual ones. They would go away in a few days. He looked so relieved. He was thinking that not only was he an alcoholic but he might be schizophrenic, too. :H:H

He has always been a hypochondriac.

Yesterday, even though he was still shaking like a leaf, his eyes were looking clearer and his general demeanor was more positive.

Waves to all.

I will try to scare up some jokes later today, if not then tomorrow.

I think I have the three grandkids this weekend. I am absolutely not sure how I am going to last through them as tired as I am but they are missing Granny and Papa.

Love to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hey all - mad busy week - didn't get to finish work early as planned - worked a 12 hour day and a ten hour day this week. I feel like I was getting to grips a bit more today with being the manager of the team today - had one to one with one team member and a team meeting.

Tonight I am on sofa with cats, TV, and have just had Aldi ready made fish and chips,also bought chocolate brownie ice cream, chocolate and crisps and tonnes of different sugar free drinks. I may treat myself to a bubble bath later and an early night. Got a headache - I think a little from stress and caffeine detox I think, I've cut down to one real coffee a day.

It feels like the anxiety is subsiding - I am getting things a little bit more into perspective at work. I am on my own tonight - OH playing a gig - years ago I would have been scared to miss out on a night out that is progress as well.

Hey to Lav and PQ.

Cinders - I really hope that your son feels better soon - how much longer does this last, has he had any medical assistance? Looking forward to a restful weekend.
        one day at a time

Comment

Such a quiet thread today, hope everyone is OK.

Mick, I hope you have an awesome picture or two to share with us

Cindi, sorry your son is having such a hard time, hope he's better very soon. Does he have any medical help, just in case?
          Have fun with the grandkids this weekend! I love having my 3 over too but they do wear you out!!!

bear, I am glad to hear your anxiety is letting up. Anxiety is a killer, at least it was for me. I am so grateful to be done with that as I'm sure you will be as well. Just keep focusing on eliminating the anxiety - everything else seems to fall into place

Greetings to PQ, Det, YahYah & anyone else checking in tonight!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aloha Friday ABsters!

thanks for the jumpstart Lavande

been a hectic time with a painful UT infection. owie! I had no idea how crappy those were. and the company computer went down so everyone had to think! eeeeek. what pandemonium.

Bear, quiet evenings are a joy to me now. in my 'older' days I would have been nervously fidgeting until I went to the store to get 'brain death fluid' and of course that would make it 10X worse.

Cindi, so glad you son is going to be ok

cheers out to PQ and ..... is that it? where's everyone hiding?

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

"The Brain Death Fluid"....Det made me laugh. Sad, but so true. Been there...done that

I was at a Birthday Day party all night. At this party....I was not worried....they don't drink. They do smoke pot in the basement....but, its not my thing. I will say I ate too much food!

Comment

I ate too much food last night too - and enjoyed every minute of it!Tho to be fair left ice cream, chocolate and most of the crisps alone.
                one day at a time

Comment

Hi! all
                  I also have grandkids over 5 of them at the moment and they do wear you out
                  went to bed and left pop to look after them

Comment

Witts End, feeling any better?
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X