Sunday 16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 16th June

mae everyone ...and how is the world today with you all?surprise surprise its raining here..spent yesterday tryying to do bits and pieces .....but to be honest...did a lot and achieved nowt!!..off swimming in a wee while...

tea and coffee on the go

morning ppqp ...hows you today? glad the garden opening went well despite the weather being against you...heres a coffee and have a rest ..you sound out on your feet.

Hiya cinders ..and how are you two this morning? oho ho so party time at yours eh? Bratties and ice cream ...sounds good to me!!

morning Lav....wow you have sureshifted that pile....and you aint no slouch at taking pics either..heres a coffee for you....what are you up to today? anything spesh? kids coming over? whatever you do ..enjoy.thanks for the pics

Morning Mr G..hows you mate?alls well yeh?

Det my man how are you?Norty ice creams eh? had a few of those on jollies ..now got to pay the piper for it!!!

Hiya SF...hows you today then?Im looking at the poss of going to yoga classes...get a bit more suppleness in these ole bones...whats the diff between that and pilates ...and which one is better..especially for a sore lower back?

Hiya yah..wow you sound rightly busy ...like the impressionistic bit...lets put important looking books on the shelf...next there will be graphs ,bar and gant charts all over the wall!!:Hglad you are doing well.Will put a few pics up at a time otherwise it clogs the post up

hiya ky..you ok?hows the no smoking going mate?

right peeps offski......lots missing ltlw how are you?Shue,cantoo,all the rest...bit sad really that no one lets us know how they are doing or how successful they are/were...or maybe they dont want to ...hey ho life goes on..

have a great day

overlooking the hotel pool area

sunrise over Arenal

sunrise over the village

sunset from the hotel

outskirts of Na Makarat

What do men do after orgasm?

1% Do it again 1% Go Smoking 1% Fall Asleep 97% Clear History

A balding, white haired man from Bellville, in Cape Town

walked into a jewellery store in Tygervalley this past Friday evening with a beautiful much younger blond at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring.
    The man said, 'No, I'd like to see something more special.'
    At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. 'Here's a stunning ring at only $240,000 the jeweler said. The lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. The old man seeing this said, 'We'll take it.'
    The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the man stated, 'by check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon.'
    On Monday morning, the jeweler angrily phoned the old man and said 'There's no money in that account.'
    'I know,' said the old man, 'But let me tell you about MY GREAT WEEKEND!'

A woman walks into a bar and sits down next to a guy.

The guy orders a beer, drinks it, then goes up to the roof of a ten story building and jumps off. Miraculously, he slowly flies back down to the ground. The woman, now amazed, asks, "How did you do that?" The guy replies by saying "It's this beer; it's magic." The girl then orders a beer, chugs it down, and goes up to the roof of the same ten story building. She jumps off and falls to her death. The bartender then looks at the guy and says, "Superman, you're such a dick when you're drunk."

A charitable man decided to visit a sick ward at a hospital to cheer up the patients. He took along a keyboard and played humorous songs and told jokes at many a bedside. After finishing his final performance for an old man he said, "I hope you get better." The old man smiled vaguely at the performer and replied, "I hope you do too."

St. Peter was guarding the Pearly Gates, waiting for new souls coming to heaven. He saw Jesus walking by and caught his attention. "Jesus, could you mind the gate while I go do an errand?"
    "Sure," replied Jesus. "What do I have to do?"
    "Just find out about the people who arrive. Ask about their background, their family, and their lives. Then decide if they deserve entry into Heaven."
    "Sounds easy enough. OK."
    So Jesus manned the gates for St. Peter. The first person to approach the gates was a wrinkled old man. Jesus summoned him to sit down and sat across from him. Jesus peered at the old man and asked, "What did you do for a living?"
    The old man replied, "I was a carpenter."
    Jesus remembered his own earthly existence and leaned forward. "Did you have any family?" he asked.
    "Yes, I had a son, but I lost him."
    Jesus leaned forward some more. "You lost your son? Can you tell me about him?"
    "Well, he had holes in his hands and feet."
    Jesus leaned forward even more and whispered, "Father?"
    The old man leaned forward and whispered, "Pinocchio?"

Jesus, Moses, and an old bearded guy are playing golf...

Moses steps up first and lands his ball in a water hazard. He then proceeds to part the water where the ball is and lands it in the hole.
    Jesus hits his ball and also lands it in the water hazard. So he walk on the water, picks it up, places it on a nearby lily pad and also lands it in the hole.
    Now the old bearded guy steps up and just hits the ball with all his strength. The ball goes flying! It then proceeds to hit a nearby rooftop, bounce along the grass and land on a lily pad. A frog appears and eats the golf ball. Then out of nowhere a bird picks up the frog in its talons and flies off. As the bird flies over the green, the frog spits out the ball and it manages to land the ball in the hole...
    After witnessing this Moses turns towards Jesus and says, "I hate playing with your dad."

Do you know what the hardest part of the night is?" asked the taxi driver.

"Is it his shield?" I asked.

Bob goes to the doctor for tests and is diagnosed with an extremely rare illness that can only be cured if he drinks a quantity of fresh mother's milk. When he gets home, he asks his mother, but she just tells him not to be daft. Then his mother tells him that the girl upstairs has just given birth and the husband is away at sea, so he should go up and ask her nicely. The girl is just about to go to bed when Bob arrives, but she agrees to his request and, with a mischievous smile, invites him through to the bedroom. "You can't get it any fresher," she says, presenting her left breast to his lips. Bob feels a bit awkward, but he is only following doctor's orders after all. As he slurps at his medication, he hears a few soft moans and sighs. She gently pulls his head away from her breast, looks at him and murmurs, "Is there anything else I could offer you?" Overwhelmed by her generosity, he wipes his lips and says, . . . . . . . "Well, a biscuit would be very nice."

Burford is checking out of a hotel when suddenly he has to take a crap real bad. The toilet in his room isn't working, so he bolts down to use the lobby Men's Room, but all of the stalls are occupied, so he runs back up to his room, and in desperation, he drops his pants, uproots a plant, and takes a sh.t in the pot. Then he puts the plant back in the pot and leaves. Two weeks later, he gets a postcard from the hotel that says,
    "Dear Mr. Burford... All is forgiven. Just tell us...where it is?"

Bubba n' Buford were sittin' on their porch one afternoon drinkin' beer n' bein' entertained by the bug zapper when this semi haulin' sod comes over the hill n' passes in front of their trailer. Bubba declares, "When we get rich I'm gonna do that!". Buford, asks "Do what?". Bubba looks at Buford like he's a idiot n' says, "Well duh, send our grass out to get it cut like them folks!".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Sunday 16th June

Good Morning Abbers,

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Have been up since 1:30 unable to sleep. This hasn't happened in a while.

Feeling dizzy and not really sure what is going on.

Oh well. This, too, shall pass.

The bratties were amazing. Daughter split them down the middle, inserted onions and peppers in some with cheddar cheese. Inserted pepper jack in the others and wrapped all in bacon. Put them in a throw away pan with a beer on the grill. Cooked them for 15 minutes then threw out the beer and put the brats on the grill to sear the bacon.

Boy were these good.

I added sauerkraut and Dijon to mine. Delish.

The pictures are nice, Mick. I am sure you are glad to be back home but miss the change of pace and scenery from the trip.

Thinking about a career for myself these days. Getting nervous. I simply do not want to go back into tech. I worked too hard and it changes too fast. I want a simpler career at this point. Something straight forward, do the job and when I am at home, I am at home. Not working there, too.

Perhaps opening a cleaning business with my kids? I dunno. Just thinking.

I felt badly the Kuya and others were spatting on another thread. It makes my heart heavy to see people get so upset, especially when all it does is create unrest for all concerned. I hope you come back to us Kuya. Work on some serenity and not worrying about others thoughts. You have been a great blessing here and we all love to hear from you.

I, personally, am trying so hard to keep an even keel despite upheaval with children, etc. Some deep breaths, smiling to remind myself that life is good, acceptance of what cannot be changed by me and letting go.

Lav, the mulch pile has been whittled a bit. :-)

We have a gravel pile to be moved. Grandsons and I did some of it last week in readying for the appraisal. Using the little trailer on the riding lawn mower was a big help. Now I need to clean out a large area of wildflowers and start laying out the gravel there. Good hard physical labor.

I am not in the best shape to do it but it is good for my body and soul. I think I will start tackling that this week. We are broke and all the supplies are already here. Free exercise and a job that will end in a beautiful place to sit and watch kiddies in the pool. Can't ask for more, really, can I?

TT, are you back from travel?

PPQP, Wits End, Maryjo, Det, and all others (brain to foggy right now..) have a great sober Sunday.

I do have to say that the obsession for drinking is being lifted. I am so grateful for that.

However, I am now dealing with eating unhealthy foods. I still crave sweets right now. It is not good for me.

Did anyone else have to go through this stage with food issues? I am sure my body is trying to balance the loss of alcohol with sugar/carbs. I must take that on, too.

Anyway, I am rambling. Lack of sleep and some weird physical symptoms. As I said, this too shall pass.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sunday 16th June

Good morning Abbers!

Princess Matilda let me sleep in until 6:15 this morning ~ what a dog :H:H

Mick, thanks for posting your pics - very nice
      I haven't been away from home for 4 years now so I enjoy seeing where others have been! I didn't see a single cow or tractor in your pics :H

Hi Molly & Cindi!
      Sorry you were sleepless Cindi, that stinks. Everything just seems worse when I am overtired. Hope you can work in a nap today & revive yourself a bit!

Happy Father's Day to all. I don't even know if my kids are coming over today - that says something :H YB was always a good Dad, just a crappy husband & they know that :H
      I will just go with the flow today & stay away from the mulch pile.

Have a nice AF Sunday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday 16th June

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and kicking us off. Happy Fathers Day...any plans you know of? My plan today is to put my feet up and relax, even if I woke up at 5:00 AM. The pics look great, thanks for posting them.

Molly...always great to see you popping in.

Cindi
        ...boy do I hear you about not wanting to get back into the tech world :no: Yup, I went through the sugar/carb cravings too. It does get sorted so hang in there. Don't work too hard on the gravel pile.

Lav
        ..."what a dog" you crack me up. Good plan on staying away from the mulch pile today, I'm in relax mode myself.

Off to get my second cuppa, find a lighter (as the kid took mine during the night), and read the jokes. Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

Sunday 16th June

whizzing in - lovely time with friends,I drank wine. I really am going to focus on what I want/need to do as I am stuck in a cycle of start/stop/start.

Thanks everyone for all of your insight and wisdom but I think that I need a bit of timeout to figure things out. You are all inspirational, I'm just not sure I'm totally ready for this. I feel like I am stuck in a loop and I need to figure out my next move.
          Much love to you all:l
          one day at a time

Comment

Sunday 16th June

Good Morning from rainy Toronto. I am new here, been on the site just 3 days but it might be my new addiction. I am proud to say I am 14 days AF and although I am eating everything in sight I feel pretty good. Made some friends here and reading all the stories and the tips has been incredibly helpful. My husband doesn't drink but he also doesn't get how hard this is for me.

Cinders everyone tells me my body is missing the calories I used to get from alcohol and that's why I crave sugar. I'm dealing with the alcohol for starters then move on to the weight.
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Sunday 16th June

June,

:welcome: to the AF thread. We are a group of people who are trying to stay sober.

I hope you find some help here and some laughter, too.

Hope all are having a good day.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sunday 16th June

Mick;1520162 wrote:

Burford is checking out of a hotel when suddenly he has to take a crap real bad. The toilet in his room isn't working, so he bolts down to use the lobby Men's Room, but all of the stalls are occupied, so he runs back up to his room, and in desperation, he drops his pants, uproots a plant, and takes a sh.t in the pot. Then he puts the plant back in the pot and leaves. Two weeks later, he gets a postcard from the hotel that says,
                "Dear Mr. Burford... All is forgiven. Just tell us...where it is?"
                Call me stunned but I don't get this one?
                PS Hello Mick love the photos. Nice to meet you. (Dad's from Wales, I'm born in Cornwall and lived in Canada all my life)
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Sunday 16th June

MAE or should I say hola. I am still in Spain but leave here early Tuesday morning via London and Los Angeles - nonstop apart from the transit times. madness
                  I have had a pretty good time but miss my family so much. I also can't quite get into the Spanish relax thing - the long meals and the sitting, slowly drinking etc. For me with fizzy water it gets pretty boring after a few hours even with good conversation. I am now back again on my own and had an action packed day with sight seeing - alas the shops were closed. Tomorrow I might hit the shops though!!!
                  I have yet to catch up on people's doings . Sorry that you are not yet ready Bear. Also I am out of the loop with what Kuya has been up to.
                  Anyway hola to Mick, PPQP, Det, My Aussie alkie mate (mr G), Lavande, Cinders, SF, Blondie and all others far and near from where I am.
                  I can report that I have had no desire to drink AL at all - no cravings. But this time I am conscious of how it sets me out as different to others. maybe it's because I am in a country where AL is so much taken for granted whereas in New Zealand we tend to be a bit more extreme with our boozing - and consequently hide it a lot. of course there are alkies here in Spain and they are not all Brits! Curious to hear if anyone else has any thoughts on this

many hugs and soon I will be back in the land of eternal clouds and rain!

Comment

Sunday 16th June

happy Sunday ABeroooos!

Mick, happy fathers day and my what lovely photos!

3June, welcome to the top spot! so pleased to hear you have 14 under your belt. yep AL is a whole pile of not only empty calories, but fast-acting carbohydrates. it all settles down with time, good diet, exercise etc. although I must say I've been overtaken by the icecream monster lately. it must be the hot weather. anyway...no icecream in the house now! oink!

Treetops, I hear you on the long evenings babysitting drinkers. boring! I'm still mighty jealous tho...I've yet to get my bum to Europe at all.

Bear, xxxxxx. I hope you come to some healthy conclusions dear. hang in there.

Cindi, so fun chatting last night. hope to see you there again soon

Lav, PQ ....anyone I missed?

be well everyone
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sunday 16th June

Hi TT,
                      I'll be you will be so happy once Tuesday morning comes & you can begin your journey home
                      Must be difficult being away for so long. kuya messaged me & said she will no longer be posting, too much conflict on some other threads. We exchanged email address so I hope we can stay in touch, at least a little.

Hi 3June, glad to see you here in the land of serious non-drinkers

Hi PQ & Cindi, hope you have a relaxing kind of day.

bear, I don't know what to say except that you are, without a doubt repeating your old patterns. If youo feel you are truly not ready to be AF & can handle drinking moderately then that's OK. The majority of us here know & accept that we are not able to do that. Be well & take care of yourself!

Hi Det!

Wishing everyone a good night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunday 16th June

Wow...lot's of coming and goings lately.

Bear..."whizzing in - lovely time with friends,I drank wine" Had to read that at least 3 times for it to sink in then read the rest of your post. You're probably right about a time out and of course you know we're always here. You can always put yourself in "Invisible Mode" and just lurk when you want to. Thank you for being honest and not leaving us wondering what happened to you. Keep us in your heart cause I know we'll be popping into your mind all the time. You'll know when you're ready. Safe journey. :h

3J...:welcome: and :goodjob: on 14 days AF! One of the reasons my MWO family works so well for me is they know how hard this is. When I try to explain it to non-AL's they don't get it. So stick around and know you don't have to spell everything out...we get it. PS: Think - Where is that smell coming from???

Cindi...:hallo:

TT...hola!! "this time I am conscious of how it sets me out as different to others"
                        I know what you mean but I figure I was just becoming more aware of how prevalent AL is in some peoples lives and how totally immaterial it is in others. Safe travels home :l

Det..."Top Spot" I like that!

Lav...and a good night to you. Was just responding to bear and everyone pops up. See you in the morning...

Comment

Working...
                        X