af tuesday June 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af tuesday June 18

mae everyone...wow not too many on here yesterday.....quality not quantity madam!!
    so how are we all today then?did a bit in the garden yesterday...and now today is defo a resting day ...ouch!!!
    tea and coffee on the go

Morning Cinders..and how are you this morning? sounds like your hubby has the same problem...cant sit still it is!!! Its a great feeling when you dont have too plan your life around drinking isnt it?..I used to come up with all sorts of excuses why I couldnt drive etc etc.dont know what you are doing ,but whatever it is have a great day.I actually had to goggle what roygbiv meant!!!

Hi TT ...hows you today? I know you are travelling so have a safe and pleasant flight..hope you enjoyed your trip.

Hiya Lav and hows you today? ok I hope..thats some trick that..letting the kids get filthy then mum picks them up !!:H put some plant in yesterday, in that new back bit of the garden I did..going to try and create a high back drop with laurel,rhododendron and magnolia and a wildish sort of natural (ish )front. put in some Pride of London,Pride of Kent, Aquiligia, and a beautiful poppy called garden gnome..bright red with yellow centre which the wind promptly snapped!! may have to resort to another plan ..but havent told madam yet.heres a coffee for you..Im having bovril..love it

Hiya ppqp how are you?yes for me think its got to be a day of forced rest..so whats your plans for today? anything?maybe the cleaning fairies will have done your office out for you!!!

Hiya June hows you ? now on day 16 well done you ..stick with it ..honestly it is so worth it

well not many on here so thats it folks you take care and have a good one

A factory owner is trying to come up with innovative ideas to save money and therefor save his business from going under.

The owner calls a meeting with all of his 200 employees out on the plant floor. "Ok everyone, we are in deep trouble. I will give $2000 dollars to the first person that comes to me with a cost saving idea." Immediately a guy in the front row shoots up his hand. Owner says "Yes, Barry. That was fast, what's your cost saving plan?"
    Barry says "make it $1000".

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care!

once knew a soldier who suffered through both mustard gas and pepper spray.
    He was a seasoned veteran.

What do you do if you're attacked by a gang of clowns?
    Go for the juggler.

A guy goes into a bar, orders a martini, and strikes up a conversation with an attractive woman sitting next to him. "This is a special day," he says, "I'm celebrating." "I'm celebrating, too," she replies, clinking glasses with him. "What are you celebrating?" he asks. "For years I've been trying to have a child," she answers. "Today my gynecologist told me I'm pregnant!"
    "Congratulations," the man says, lifting his glass. "As it happens, I'm a chicken farmer and for years all my hens were infertile. But today, they're finally fertile."
    "How did it happen?" "I switched cocks." "What a coincidence," she says, smiling.

What burns longer, a red or a green candle?

Neither, they both burn shorter.

Did you hear about the woman who got wooden implants?

It would be funny if this joke had a punchline.
    Wooden tit.

A bear walks into a bar and says "Bartender, bring me a beer." The bartender says "We don't serve bears beer in this bar." The bear says "Bartender, you better bring me a beer or I'm going to eat that lady over there." The bartender says "We don't serve bears beer in this bar."
    The bear eats the lady and says "So?" The bartender says "We don't serve drug addicts." "Drug addicts," says the bear. "I'm not a drug addict!" "Well, that was a bar bitch you ate."

I was reading the news the other day and came across a story from Vietnam. There were two gentlemen working in a rice paddy when one became enraged at the other and bludgeoned him to death with a small ceramic figurine. Reports indicate that this is the first ever case of knick-knack paddy whack.

One of my buddies turned 90, so for a birthday surprise I sent a hooker to his apartment. When he opened the door, she introduced herself and informed him that she was there to give him super sex. His response...
    I'll take the soup.

So I went to my Dr. and said I needed something for my joints...

He handed me a lighter

A grasshopper walks into an ice cream parlor

The clerk says "Hey Grasshopper, we have an ice cream flavor named after you!" The Grasshopper says "What? You have a flavor named Kenneth?"

A redneck was all excited on the day of his wedding as he found out that his wife to be was a virgin

His Father immediately called off the wedding. " If she ain't good enough for her family then she ain't good enough for ours!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af tuesday June 18

MAE friends,

Hopefully the missing ones will check in today, Mick.

Just as I was about to pick up some limbs we had pruned from our azaleas yesterday, the rains came. Lights went out for two hours last night. Hubby can't sleep without electricity because of cpap. If the cpap goes off, he is awake. Poor guy. Woke up to a grey dawn so I guess it is another day of rain here.

We can't complain, water is good in the summer, here.

I guess it is house cleaning today. Ick. Not what this girl likes to do. :-)

Waves to all. I hope all had a good start to the week yesterday and continue that trend today.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af tuesday June 18

Good morning Abbers,

Yep, another grey start to the day here as well with T storms on the way - geez!
      Everything is as green as can be.

Mick, you put a lot of thought into your gardens, that's nice
      I only wish YB would pull his head out of his butt long enough to see that there is a lot we could be doing with this big lot. Actually, he did help out on a garden project this past weekend & it looks much better.

Cindi, it will be an indoor day for me as well. I have to get strated on a sewing project for my youngest grandson. It's a Thomas Train quilt for his bedrooom

Wishing everyone a good AF Tuesday!
      Safe travels to you TT.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af tuesday June 18

MAE all!

Sorry I've been an absentee; I've been busy as all get out. Thanks for the coffee, Mick--definitely needed this morning! I loved your pictures from vacation. It sure looked like a tropical paradise where you stayed. I'm pea green with envy. Between your garden and your vacation, you have a made a little slice of heaven for yourself. Well, I guess not so much with the back, huh?.....

Cinders, thanks for missing me. :h It is so good to hear you sounding so well. Abs is pretty good, eh? Definitely trying at times, but at least when it is trying, it is not self-induced, and life is generally so much more enjoyable. Sorry about the lack of sleep last night. I'm no fan of house cleaning either, so I hope you get some done and get to enjoy the results.

Good luck with the quilt, Lav. Do you do machine quilting? I love piecing quilt tops, but doing the quilting....not so much. You a such a steadying voice on Abs and I look forward to your thoughts each day (I usually read, even if I don't post).

Has Winter checked in lately? I saw that bear has left for the time being. Too bad. I hope she finds success. I am sad about Kuya leaving and hope she will change her mind. She is bright and real and has a great deal of integrity. I'm looking forward to TT being back on a regular basis. What about SunFlower and Scottish Lass? I know that PPQP has been checking in.

Oh, and welcome to 3June and GoFig07!

Anyway, I am moving my office this weekend, and the following weekend is my 40th high school reunion. It is a weekend-long event. Clearly, I am not going to lose 20 pounds in 10 days without divine intervention.....:H At any rate, I am feeling busy and overwhelmed. I am halfway through painting my office at home and moving books and files home from my other office. I'm getting excited about the reunion, too, and having some time off. I am a little worried about all the alcohol that will undoubtedly be flowing at the reunion events, so I need to start thinking about some coping strategies now if I do get tempted.

Okay, I have to check out and get to work!

Hugs to all posters and lurkers.
        :l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af tuesday June 18

Good Morning Mick, your garden sounds amazing. I have a tiny little postage stamp front (life in the city) but I have managed to get a few flowers growing. I am working on keeping colours happening all the way through. So the daffodils and tulips die off then the lilies start up and now the peony I moved two years ago and didn't flower forever has started to bloom, I am looking at the buds starting to form on the daisies and I bought a white rose the other day. I'll take a photo for you, it's small but pretty!

Thanks for including me in your morning hello, it makes me feel I belong! And thanks for your support. I struggle still, I get these vivid cravings for red wine or a cold beer but it's getting easier to turn them off.
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

af tuesday June 18

Thomas the tank?? yessssss!!! Percy Henry Edward Terence Bertie Clarabelle Anna, Gordon James,Derek ,Diesel....yep you guessed it ...luv em!!!!

Hiya June ...you are part o the gang!!

try this folks

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af tuesday June 18

hidy ho ABeroooos!

wow Mick, that image trick worked and it's pretty neat. sorcery I tells you! burn the witch! LOL

3June, glad you're hanging in with us

Cindi, sorry to hear your having the weather blues

YAH, carry us with you at your reunion and have fun!

Gofig07 big welcome to you

Lav, I'm looking forward to learning to use our sewing machine one day....but not today. so busy.

end of fiscal year at work so I'm drowning in last minute quotes and orders. must pry myself outside and enjoy a minute of sunshine.

be well friends
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af tuesday June 18

Mick, I just looked up 'bovril' and it's beef extract....? how are you eating this exactly? with a spoon?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

af tuesday June 18

Probably with sugar & milk Det :H :H

So you have all the sunshine today? Still dark & raining here, ugh!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af tuesday June 18

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff. Actually took myself out for breakfast this morning and thought I'd post when I got to work. Well, the skies have opened up and there's Weather Warnings everywhere, which meant no intenet at work. So, packed it up early and came home. Hope you're enjoying your day of "forced" rest. Got lots of time to post more pics now. The image trick worked for me too.

Cinders...sounds like we're getting the same weather today. You would have sworn it was 9:00pm at 9:00am this morning. Home early and nope not doing housework.

Lav...my twin nephews were big Thomas the Train fans. See, you're doing it again. Is there such a thing as Thomas the Tank as Mick puts it? I've always admired quilters as it's something I've not done yet. With your weather you should get lots accomplished today.

YahYah...good job on getting your coping strategies in place now. You'll have a wonderful time, I can feel it in your post. It's good to be busy but watch the overwhelming. Remember me time and pic required when new office finished.

June...I think the postage stamp front sounds perfect after dealing with creating a community garden. You're very early dyas on your quit and new journey so take it one day at a time. You can always read Mick's jokes when the urge strikes. Looking forward to seeing the pic of the "Little White Rose".

Det...hidy ho to you too! Not like you to be popping in at this time of day. Ahhh year end, explains it all. :H I used to drink Bovril till them came out with a new product "Beef in a Mug". Drink it like coffee and it's addicting because of all the salt in it. Do make sure you can get out and enjoy some of that sun or we'll send our weather over to you.

GoFig07....definetly missed something as this name is new to me. Welcome aboard and I will surf back to find your introduction to the Daily Thread.

Going to look see if there's a Murder Mystery on to go with the rain, thunder and lightning. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af tuesday June 18

I think my chickens may be growing webs between their toes ~ so much rain this month!!! :H

YahYah, if you can figure out how to lose 20 lbs in 10 days will you let me know? That would be awesome I hope you enjoy your reunion, I've stayed away from mine.
                      Good luck with your new office prep, very exciting

PQ, both of my grandsons are Thomas fanatics!
                      I've taken the oldest on a train ride, now I have to take the younger guy. I think I'll wait until cooler & dryer weather gets here though. This is a lot of fun:
                      Day Out With Thomas™ - Strasburg Rail Road

I really, really need this damp weather to stop - it's getting on my damn nerves :H
                      Have a nice night all.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af tuesday June 18

what a cute train!

ok, here's how you can lose 20 or even 40 pounds in 10 days. it's a great new diet I invented called 'crap yourself thin'

make a blender drink (it doesn't even matter what's in it. it could be 2 cups of icecream and a stick of butter and the diet will still work).

then add the magic ingredient: 5 fresh whole habanero chili peppers.

blend, drink and wait for the fun to begin!

remind me not to write my diet book....
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X