Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt

Hi all,

This is what my book opened up on today, (and by the way, the book is "A Guide for The Advanced Soul, by Susan Hayward):

"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother".

Kahlil Gibran
    The Prophet

Well, this one's for me. I try SO hard each and every single day to be the best person I possibly can be.

I used to think of my spirituality as a hobby - and I knew that I did. I really wanted to bring it into the rest of my life, but I couldn't see how I could. I couldn't see how I could live the life I knew I should - and still function in my job.

Now I see that there is no other choice for me. And I don't see that in a negative way - this is just how it HAS to be. What this means for me is that I am no longer able to have a "quiet life."

It means I can no longer choose the the path of least resistance. I can't always just fade into the crowd. I remember even as a teenager thinking, "Why can't I just be one of those quiet ones, the one no one notices? Why do I have to be in the middle of it all the time?"

Now I accept that for me, there is no such thing as a "quiet life." I'm just not built that way. I chose this. And I chose to be different. Years down the track, I won't be different - people will learn, and they will learn that there is no other way of life except to be considerate, and love others. But for now, we are the exception.

The "doubt" part in this quote is for me. Because sometimes I get really worried. I have done so many hard yards, and so much soul-searching, and got slapped in the face. And sometimes I feel - maybe everything I have read, and everything I have done, is rubbish! Maybe this is all there is.

But you know what? I can't really even entertain that for a second. I know it's all real. I KNOW that there is so much more than we think. I just get frustrated that I can't access it at the moment.

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012
Working...
X