af day Sunday 23 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sunday 23 June

MAE - OK time to get cracking! I am waking an hour later each day - its still very early but my body is adjusting to the time zone. I want to go for a decent walk today but that will depend on weather as even for a hearty old toughie like me - its too nasty here at the moment to go out unless you really have to.

PPQP - so I am feeling for you being in the horrendous rain/ floods in Alberta - its getting quite a bit of coverage here - as are also the dreadful floods in India. But it is monsoon season there (nope not in Canada!) and sadly thousands always have died in the monsoons but its only getting a lot of coverage now with the news-worthy-ness of extreme weather.
    Anyway glad you are safe and sound PPQP.:goodjob:

Lav - you also get a thumbs up for :goodjob:by-passing the booze at your social 'do'. Yes it always surprising to realise what the normies drink - or how little they drink AL. But the whole scenario can change rapidly if you get a bunch of different people in the mix. Not necessarily alkies but those who like to let rip if the chance be given (even for some 'social drinkers'). I bet Bear knows what I am talking about - as do you all

Bear - its now getting into the early evening in the UK - so be bloody careful with the twilight zone esp on a Saturday night. You can do it - its just 24 hours at a time and a chunk of that is spent horizontal - even if you are listening to snores. I too have endured the latter and its been an issue in my relationship with G. (my partner). We sleep in separate rooms - not because we hate each other but so we can get decent rest. They don't print that in Marie Claire do they!:H

Mick - yes I enjoyed the pics, they are good at getting the brain cells activated. Hope your weekend is going well. Barmy (or balmy) summer lined up? We have months of winter weather still but the spring flowers are already popping up especially the rhodos and the blossoms.

June - all the best with your social event. Yes it is awkward at first but such a relief to not make any stuff-ups or at least if you do - you can clearly remember them. And also I found that now I can accept invitations that only a year ago I would have shunned through a) knowing I couldnt drink in public b) fear of what might happen if I did drink in front of others. Now I can pick and choose but I am comfortable in not being a social butterfly because thats not me and I get bored with sitting at tables talking about wine and food for hours. Or pretending to.

SF and Running Courage - good to see you again.

Cinders - well looks like we have our work cut out for us on the home front but I dont have a recovering from surgery husband like you, nor the family woes it seems you have been coping with. Or the kids tearing around the house! My Mum died about 17 years ago - which still really cuts me up as we were very close. Your AA group sound supportive. Gosh you pack a lot into the day!

Lavande - I take it that its sticky and hot where you are?? Hope all is going well this weekend. We have to do a survey of our big garden to see if the storm has done any serious damage - as there have been lots of slips near us.

OK - this should get the show on the road. I have tea here for all and am about to make the coffee. Pancakes later folks.

Stay safe and sober in your timezones. I am not standing on my head anymore Mick!
    :H:H

af day Sunday 23 June

Morning TT am up early - again, you guessed it - and a cat wailing outside too!
    I am going to rollerderby training - despite my anxiety - making myself do it.

I didn't go to afterparty at all yesterday - too shattered and emotional after the day, stayed in got unhealthy takeaway and watched boxset and fell asleep in front of TV. OH not v happy that I fell asleep - not sure what I can do about that!!I have planned next week in terms of food and exercise so I feel more ordered.

Last week at work before holiday and ten days off so it will be a busy one - can't wait. Finishing final day at work with a two hour facial,treat for me. Have a good day everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

mae all..hope you are all well..just a quick jump in..

Hi Lav how are you today? you mustve sent the rain this way ..its chucking it down

Hi TT glad you are settling back into your home routine

Hiya Cinders ..nope havent looked at the undies thread yet (sounds a bit dodgy that!!) but will do

Hi Yah...hows you? dolphins are in the grey around the 2 figures ..look for the v tails and noses on the dolphins ..dead giveaway then..As for the Amish programme...summed up for me....addictive crap but hey

Hiya ppqp...glad all is well for you...friend has just been in touch to tell me Medicine Hat has been evacuated too..oh no ...the Ming Tree and the Assiniboine Inn..the haunt of many of us Brit soldiers!!!!Seriously tho ..glad you are ok

Hiya June ..hows you? glad all is well ..like I said you provide the courage we will help as much as we can ...anyway with your attitude you will be fine.

Morning Det ...how are you? nope my days of tabbing with largepacks up hills and all that lot are well gone..probably had something to do with it not being too clever now!!You are doing ace mate keep it up..6 days ? nowt ..thats a dawdle to you!!!

Hiya SF.....how are you? again, like Det you have made remarkable progress ..brilliant ...your answer ..not comfortable with it, so I aint going..be honest that would not have been your answer 6 months ago would it? so well done you..Never been in a group ,but definitely believe in what works for you then snaffle it.

right folks for the offski..have a good one

old woman ..young woman

what can you see? there are several things in this pic

can you find The hidden tiger?

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

Good morning Abbers!

Yep, it's hot, humid & sunny here today - typical summer day around these parts
        I may end up picking more cherries today, they are delicious!

Mick, your optical delusions are great, once I've had enough coffee :H
        Sorry about the rain but it was your turn!

Greetings TT, good to hear you are getting back on schedule. Jet lag & sleep disturbances are not fun. Hope you were able to get out for a walk.

bear, glad you avoided the booze fest - no good can ever come from that
        Hope your week is not too anxiety producing!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Sunday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

MAE ALL...

Apologies but I haven't kept up with everyone the last couple of days. We didn't have to evacuate Dad's building but he was moved to an upper floor. Very confusing for him and a lot of activity he's not used to. I'm in the NW so was not directly effected. I am grateful I'm not dealing with this drunk or hungover.

TT...thanks for kicking us off and is the coffee ready? Sounds like you're getting the body clock readjusted.

Bear...glad you're back. I have certainly missed something so will read back when I get a chance.

Mick...the North Saskatchewan river just breached it's banks in Medicine Hat. Did you spend time at Suffield? What a small world. Hope you're not getting too wet on your travels today. I'm still trying to find the 2 dolphins.

Lav...I wonder if it will ever be hot and sunny here again. We'll be getting the humidity (that we're not used to) because of all the moisture. Just wondering, how many calories in a cherry? Enjoy your day.

Popping down to my AA meeting this morning. Gotta try and get back in my routine. Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

PPQP...glad all is well ...yep spent quite a loooonnng time in Suffield Ralston? think it was called next to the base ..when I was there was only a wee town,also Lethbridge, the Hat..think thats all that was there.....keep looking for the dolphins!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

:hallo: Mick

I think you mean Redcliff and it's still a wee town.
              Well almost a suburb of Medicine Hat.

Not taxing the brain today re:dolphins but keep em coming they're great.....PPQP

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

June - all the best with your social event. Yes it is awkward at first but such a relief to not make any stuff-ups or at least if you do - you can clearly remember them. And also I found that now I can accept invitations that only a year ago I would have shunned through a) knowing I couldnt drink in public b) fear of what might happen if I did drink in front of others. Now I can pick and choose but I am comfortable in not being a social butterfly because thats not me and I get bored with sitting at tables talking about wine and food for hours. Or pretending to.
                You are so right. I enjoyed the weekend AF and at times when I was bored I thought the old me would drink until I wasn't bored. The new me found something else to do or someone else to talk to!

PQP we are watching the news daily in misbelief. So glad you're safe.

Mick thanks your support means the world to me.

Lavende I follow your posts over in the other threads and I really admire how you are direct and honest with the newbies. We might as well face it from the start. We can't ever be "normal drinkers" and the sooner we crept that the better. Good on you for not sugar coating the truth.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

af day Sunday 23 June

oy! quick check-in on day 60. wooo!

been super busy entertaining family that are staying with us, catch up soon. i did take a picture of the moon tonight will post on tomorrows thread.

be well everyone

zzzzzzz
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X