af Monday 24 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 24 June

Well it looks like we have got through the weekend liquor free - so well done team! Heading towards evening here so someone else will have to make the tea and coffee.

I managed to get my walk in the bush yesterday but it was very cold and windy. Invigorating one might say. Today was very busy and tiring at work - and I now have the evening meal to prepare before I get back into work work. Then sleep sleep.

Hope you all have a fab AF day when Monday comes your way - as it already has for those folk who are wrong way up :H:H - it is us here who are the right way round!!!

af Monday 24 June

morning/evening TT.

Up at 630 for early start at work, day 9 here and feeling good - exercise and returning to skating really helped me feel happier/less anxious.Got counselling appointment tonight.

Anyway - will pop in properly later.Good day to everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

af Monday 24 June

good to see you Treetops and Bear. posting Sunday night since I'm always so busy in the morn.

quick pick of the big moon I took a few minutes ago:

nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 24 June

mae everyone.....how are we today then?ok I hope....well weekend in and done .looks like it is going to rainn again...surprise surprise!Rabbits are out playing as we speak ,so at least they will get some time outside before the rains come. Enough woffle on with the show!!!

tea and coffee for all who require sustenance!!

Morning tt ...from the right way up world..and how are you this morning..oops evening !!!had a busy ole day today? some chill time now this evening?

Morning bear..you doing ok?well done on your day 10 today..see double figures already ..odat and you will soon be wondering what all the drama was about!

morning ppqp...hows things with you today? ok I hope ..Are the floods subsiding ? has it affected your garden project?hope not.heres a hot cuppa for you

well well De ..the big six oh ...days I mean ...well done you my friend ......tghaknks for the peek at the moon he has got hs pjs on and gone away to sleep over here!!

Morning Lav...ok ok ..beat me on the gardening on that one!!picking cherries...yum yum was picking strawberries yesterday.....the start of the strawberry season over here Wimbledon...aargh!!!!hate tennis..Julie loves it so no doubt be treated to that for a week.What are you up to today ?anything ?...nearly forgot...cuppa !!!

Morning june ..hows you today?..wow looking at some of your posts and messages ..you are streets ahead of where I was with the amount of time in that you have.I think you are doing absolutely fantastic ...

righty ho chaps and chapesses...time to go...few more illusions for you....take care and have a great day..

is this a face....or a word?who ever gets it..put the word up on the thread

stare at the 4dots for 45 seconds ..then look at a clean bright surface ...does it work for you?

How many animals/birds /human can you see? I looked at this first and found 8 ..I then copied the picture and enlarged it...so far found 46 !!..clue look at all the mountains in great detail! if poss copy and enlarge the pic ..you will be amazed !! ..keep going back and looking..let your mind go free!!

A tip for Snowden.

Apparently he is traveling all of the world but if you never want to appear in front of an American judge there is only one place to go...
        Guantanomo bay

I spent the afternoon making a belt out of herbs;

What a waist of thyme.

What is Michelle Obama's favorite vegetable?
        Barackoli

A lorry-load of tortoises crashed into a trainload of terrapins, What a turtle disaster

‘I went down the local supermarket, I said, “I want to make a complaint, this vinegar’s got lumps in it”, he said, “Those are pickled onions”. ‘

So I went to the Chinese restaurant and this duck came up to me with a red rose and says “Your eyes sparkle like diamonds”. I said, “Waiter, I asked for a-ROMATIC duck”. ‘

I cleaned the attic with the wife the other day. Now I can’t get the cobwebs out of her hair.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 24 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off. I am finding the evening meal a real challange these days for some reason. Maybe it's just everything going on right now weather wise, just feeling exhausted all the time. You take some down time for yourself.

Bear...well done on hitting double digits today. I can even hear the attitude change in your posts. Good luck with the counselling appt tonight. Hope it's a fit for you. Keep it up!

Det...:happy: 60 :happy: Good on ya! Love the moon pic. Doesn't it feel like you can just reach out and touch it. 3D has nothing on Mother Nature.

Mick...aahh the coffee has arrived. Been preoccupied with things but am checking on the community garden later this morning. I know the 4 x 16 cedar beds aren't going anywhere but not sure if there's anything left inside of them. To hell with the dolphins I found "LIAR" :H

CanToo...thanks for checking on me. Glad everything's ok in your neck of the woods.

KY...hope you're lurking as I just want to say I miss you.

Lav...hope you can enjoy another hot, humid, sunny day today. I follow you on your other posts as well. My little anchor in the sand.

Have a load on my plate today so am starting with another cuppa. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Monday 24 June

Good Morning from Toronto. Looks like another hot hazy humid one here. I'm not complaining though. I'll do some yoga on the deck, putter around a little, then head in for a 1-9 pm shift.

Mick if I'm fast it's only because I read all the posts and I found out quickly that this sense of "I'm fine now and I can go back to drinking but just keep an eye on it" is typical and so is the gradual relapse to old habits. I have never really been serious about quitting before but for years I've known I need to. I just couldn't bring myself to let go of my crutch. It's you and everyone here who made me strong. Armed with all your stories and advice I've maintained my determination. Three weeks ago yesterday and the cravings are milder all the time.

PQP I think the stress of that awful weather and flooding must be wearing you out. Can you try some simple one dish recipes? I don't eat meat but I have a few easy veggie recipes I can share!

Determinator that's an amazing shot of the moon. I haven't really seen it but ill look tonight. I ride my bike to and from work so I can gaze as I pedal!

Bear good to hear you're feeling better!

TT you sound so busy I hope you got a good sleep!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

af Monday 24 June

3June2013;1523310 wrote: PQP I think the stress of that awful weather and flooding must be wearing you out. Can you try some simple one dish recipes? I don't eat meat but I have a few easy veggie recipes I can share!
              I would be so grateful for the recipes. You can PM me or post a link or just post the recipes right on the thread. :thanks: :h

Comment

af Monday 24 June

Is it really only 8:45 am?
                I'm on kid watch today.......

Not exactly looking forward to an entire week of hot, hazy, humid weather.....what can you do?

Will be back later, have a great day everyone!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 24 June

recipes - dinner ideas

porqoui;1523316 wrote: I would be so grateful for the recipes. You can PM me or post a link or just post the recipes right on the thread. :thanks: :h
                  I sent one, for lentil casserole. Here are some other ideas.
                  Perogies? I buy them frozen, add salad or some steamed veggies.
                  Chili? You can do it in a crockpot.
                  Spinach ricotta pies? I can send the recipe.
                  Rapini and feta pasta? I can send.
                  Mexican night? Burritos/tacos you can get the whole deal in a box all you need is the meat. (I use refried beans)
                  Chickpea sweet potato curry?

I'm sure others can help too, as I said I am not a meat eater so my ideas might not appeal.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

af Monday 24 June

3J...thanks for all the ideas. I'd really like to have your spinach ricotta pie receipe if you wouldn't mind sending it. Please and thank you.

Very strange vibes at work today, everyone appears to be exhausted. Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Of course all the talk was about the flooding and how everyone was just glued to their tv's all the time. It really felt like 9/11 all over again.

Tomorrow should be a more productive day, better be, I have to meet publication deadlines. Just found it hard to get into anything today.

Hope everyone had a magical monday, as Det would say....PPQP

Comment

af Monday 24 June

I'm back & I survived the morning watching my grandsons, the afternoon making cherry jam, a huge T storm, I'm tired :H
                      Another storm is starting up right now, geez!

PQ, I'm more of a vegan eater these days, don't tolerate dairy....
                      My favorite go to website is Fatfree Vegan Recipes
                      The term 'fat free' is not really accurate, The author of the blog does not add fats to the meals she prepares. I love the dish she calls Chili Mac

Hi June!

Hope everyone has a nice evening!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Monday 24 June

Thanks for the link Lav...can hardly wait to get into it in detail.

The City of Calgary asked for 1,000 volunteers to meet at McMahon Stadium at 10:00 this morning....7,000 people showed up.

Comment

af Monday 24 June

Ah PQ - that's wonderful
                          I hope everything is going to be OK
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Monday 24 June

That is completely heartwarming, PPQP!

My AC is finally fixed so I am madly working on getting the office fixed up. I had to take today off to accomplish that, unfortunately.

I am waving to all to say hey! Happy Abs to all!

Glad to see you back, bear!

3June, all your recipes sound delish. I'm definitely a carnivore, but I like my veggies too. Any way you can share with all? Puleeze?

I feel like the Mad Abber!

:l
                            YahYah
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Monday 24 June

Skimming the posts. It's getting close to bedtime.

Mick....six months ago I most likely would not have attended either....because I would not have been able to drink like I wanted to

Last night I happened upon an interview on a celebrity in the US. He has been in recovery for years. It went like this......" I would not drink if I could drink normally. Drinking one or two I find is quite a bore. When I drank it was to get drunk and that was the only type of drinking I was interested in."

Those few times I only had one or two.....were just that boring. What was the point? Leading me to my next drunk. So in all truth I never wanted to be a normal drinker. I pretty much always wanted to get drunk....I wanted to be able to drink with no consequences. If I drank and managed not to do something stupid or embarrassing....I was always guaranteed too not feel very well the next day. Most days I managed ok with the hangover.....but, good God is that anyway to live your life? And all the things I did not do because I had the hangover because I was merely existing....trying to make it through the day.

For me I know that I will never be a normal drinker. But I never wanted to be one of those anyways. It was all an illusion, that voice used it on me to keep me hoping and drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X